Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-16-2003, 10:46 PM   #1
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
The Unusual Child

I was just wondering (actually obsessing over what could happen if a little girl decided that she wanted to be a wizard (since he never mentioned how anyone joined the wizards) and this is my first RPG so be nice...

Slyestra had always been a strange girl. She never played with her dolls and she never made friends. She just sat and daydreamed alone with no one but the animals for company. So you can imagine nobody was suprised when she did something weird, but one day she did something that took the cake. After finishing her chores one day, she walked over to her father and asked in her most serious tone, "Father, how do you join the wizards? Is it a school? Something you're born to? Or maybe even something you're choosen for? Because if there's any chance, I think I want to be a wizard."
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 02:05 AM   #2
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

*In Middle Earth, the wizards are actually all Maiar. They are beings of the same sort as the Valar, only much less powerful. Gandalf, Radagast, Saruman, Sauron and the Balrog were all Maiar. So my opinion would be that in Middle Earth there is actually no training school.

However . . . I personally, in the RPGs that I write in, prefer to have it so that the most powerful wizards are Maiar but most of them aren't. So by me, your RPG is fine . Just letting you know what Tolkien wrote, since you asked .*
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 11:38 AM   #3
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

ooc:Can I join:

Character:

Adrian Baggins

race: wizard shifter, hobbit

shifter charms for shifter neclace: wolf, elf, hobbit, wizard, mortal

Wepons: Gleamer sister sword of Sting, teeth as a wolf, staff/powers, daggers, bow

armor: shifter's cloak(blue), blue mithreal set with a rainbow chrystal(shifter family herloom)

staff: gold and mithreal on cherry wood with a rainbow crytstal

intro:ic: I sat in my house, a stream of people who wanted to be wizards, flowing out my door, so far, nobody had the right feeling and well, the right frame of mind for me to take to high earth, where they could be trained easier than here. I would wait till the right person came.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:35 PM   #4
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
sure you can join, but someone needs to tell me what her father said
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 02-17-2003, 04:46 PM   #5
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Strider I've never played before...

I've never played an RPG before. Can you explain to me the rules? If it's just writing out peices of a story, I can do it. I love writing stories, it's my passion (other than LOTR). I look foward to hearing from you soon.

~Indril~
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:48 PM   #6
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/show...&threadid=7312

Old 02-17-2003, 06:08 PM   #7
Adrian Baggins

ooc:I think her father probubly said somethingf along the lines of; There is a wizard near here who helps train people who she thinks will make it as wizards and be good wizards. She takes them to high earth(mundane earth) for training, why don't you go see her.

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Old 02-17-2003, 06:20 PM   #8
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

*thank you* (are you girl or boy?)

Slyenstra smiled and immediately began planning her journey. She knew better than to go on her fathers word alone however, so she asked one of her friends, a bird.

"But I thought you had already asked your father?" Crystal asked preening.

"I love my da, but he never gets anything right," Slyenstra replied forlornly, "remember thats how I met you--he told me the best way to get maple syrup was to ask a hummingbird."

Crystal shook her feathers out. "Well for once he's right, the wizard goes by the name of Adrian Baggins in Snowdale, I'll take you to them."

"Thanks, Crystal,I'll just grab my things. We set out after lunch?"

They agreed and parted ways amiably.
--------
"So this is the place?" Slynestra was bite-your-nails-nervous

"Yes" Crystal says, poking he in the small of her back to get her to enter.

A figure looked up from the desk inside.

Last edited by TwirlingString : 02-17-2003 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:24 PM   #9
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Strider I want to join...

Hi, again. I figured out the rules and so I developed my own character to the story. Can I join?

My character: Indril Anarion
Race: Half-elf, half human; perfect agility and accute senses, but mortal
Weapons: Bow and magic arrows; elven blades
Magic Arrows: Fire, Water, Lightning, Poison, and Sleep
Armor: light clothing that can help her agily move through anything; a mythryll vest is hidden under her garments; a green cloak for camoflouge
Purpose: to help the little girl in her quest to become a wizard

If I left anything out let me know.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-17-2003, 09:31 PM   #10
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

yes anyone else who wants to join just pm me next time. I'll figure out how you fit in...

Old 02-18-2003, 04:47 PM   #11
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Strider

"May I help you," said the dark figure.

"I came to see the wizard," said Slyestra quietly. "Are you the wizard?"

"No, I'm Indril. I am the wizard's trusted friend and guard. I will go tell the Master Shifter that you are here."

*I hope that's how it goes. Tell me if I'm wrong.*
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-18-2003, 07:35 PM   #12
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

...Adrian where are you?

Old 02-19-2003, 11:13 AM   #13
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

The lovely elf disappeared behind the a curtain at the far end of the room. She approached the Wizard-shifter, who sat by the fire, making smoke rings in deep thought.

"Master, a young child desires to see you. I saw the determination in her eyes. Shall I bring her to you?"

The wizards shifter blew a smoke ring and stood.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-19-2003, 11:38 AM   #14
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

may I please have the honor of joining this very interesting rpg?

name: Celebri
race: elven horse
descrip: silver coat with grey hooves and main and tail.

ic: I trotted down the trail searching for a lush patch of grass to graze on or at least an adventure to join as I have not had an adventure since my elven master passed away to the west. I trotted till I came opone a site that seemed to odd to be true. A child with a humming bird and an elf?
Old 02-19-2003, 01:28 PM   #15
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Slyestra hesitantly came inside and looked rather nervously at the wizard. They stood eyeing each other for a while and before either could speak, Crystal flew out the window. Forgetting her immenent future for a minute Slyestra dashed to the window "Crystal, where in the world are you going?!"

"So it is you! I have seen you since Ardion's funeral, what are you doing here Celebri?"

"Celebri?" Slyestra realized that her best friend was talking to a hore like no other she'd ever seen. she hopped out the window and ran up to the horse. "What kind of horse are you?"
"Elven" was the short reply she recieved before it returned to its conversation.

"Oh," remembering the wizard and the elf she turned back to find both of them staring at her.

Old 02-19-2003, 05:21 PM   #16
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Strider

The elf turned to the wizard.

"She is spontaneous. That may or may not be a good trait."

The girl looked apologetic.

The wizard smiled.

"Master, are you implying that this young one is-" said Indril with a puzzled look.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-19-2003, 05:29 PM   #17
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Then her gaze lifted towards the magestic elven horse. Suddenly her thoughts drifted back to her home in Mirkwood. Bitter memories passed through her mind as images of her past flashed before her. Goblins from the Misty Mountains. The raid on her camp that frightful night that had seperated her from her family. Anger and sorrow filled her heart. Then, among the tumult, she heard the gentle voice of the wizard-shifter, the one who had come to her aid and rescued her from torment and death. Suddenly, she was brought out of her thoughts, and the anger within her subsided.

"What is a beast so grand doing in this part of Middle Earth?" asked Indril aloud as she approached the Elven horse.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 02-19-2003, 09:09 PM   #18
Adrian Baggins

ooc:I'm a girl and I've been grounded

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

Old 02-19-2003, 10:08 PM   #19
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: My friend Crystal flew out the window at the sight of me and at the site of her I gave a whinny of Happiness and stood on my back legs. crystal perched on my nose. A elf was with Crystal and she reminded me of my masters kin.
""What is a beast so grand doing in this part of Middle Earth?" asked Indril aloud as she approached the Elven horse.
"I am wondering." I answered simply.
"My best friend has passed to the West leaving me behind for I wanted to remain to find more adventure."
"Now may I ask what is this meeting here that I have trotted into?"
Old 02-20-2003, 02:41 PM   #20
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Now Slyestra piped up, "I want to be a wizard, so i came to ask about training, speaking of wich," she said turning to the new figure, "are you the wizard?"