Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 09:59 PM   #81
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Quote:
(Are those actual coconuts?)
*taps foot* Rian- Why are you talking about MY coconuts behind my back? *no, my coconuts aren't on my back- but that's where she's talking about them...**still impatient**

Anyway- REx- you're a different lookin' Daniel Craig *murmurs her usual nicknames "daddy's boy" "whiny assassin"*

Last edited by wahine : 03-15-2003 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:29 PM   #82
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
*slaps Dúnedain with a trout* you cad!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 03-15-2003, 11:40 PM   #83
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

actually, being from the Northwest, I probably ought to have slapped you with a salmon.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:43 PM   #84
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

At least then I could have taken the salmon and made an exquisite dinner
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 03-15-2003, 11:47 PM   #85
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

No, wahine, I'm innocent! Wayfarer said that!!

OMGoodness, that's it - I'm gonna take Wayfarer's comments down RIGHT NOW! I put a disclaimer in my first post, but two people have mistaken Wayfarer's comments for mine now, and some are a bit .... um.... well, let's just say I already took one down, and the rest are going to be removed in just a few minutes!

If you don't believe me, look at page 4 or so at Wayfarer's posts where he lists the links. I just copied them and alphabetizezd them. I"M INNOCENT!! (he DID have some pretty funny comments, though!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 03-15-2003, 11:52 PM   #86
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Who besides wahine?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 03-15-2003, 11:53 PM   #87
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Uh oh.

Rian are you the official 'moot dating agency?

I'm glad I'm not here on the pull

That means any of the 'mooters that wish to date first have to be ok'd by Rian of course.....not that she's dating the whole moot

NO, I am NOT the official 'moot dating agency!!!! It was just a little joke crick and I had. Altho if I knew of a nice Christian guy in her area, I'd consider trying to get them together You guys go ahead w/o me

What does 'on the pull' mean?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 03-15-2003, 11:53 PM   #88
crickhollow

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
At least then I could have taken the salmon and made an exquisite dinner
Nothing like a good sock-eye salmon, with roasted garlic, onions, potatoes, and a salad. mmmmm
Right, then. next time I'll use a salmon.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:55 PM   #89
Rían

what do you ppl think? Should I leave the comments up? How about if I only put up comments that are approved of by the person they're about?

For example, Coney's doesn't even make sense anymore, because his bag avatar is gone!

Old 03-15-2003, 11:55 PM   #90
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Nothing like a good sock-eye salmon, with roasted garlic, onions, potatoes, and a salad. mmmmm
Right, then. next time I'll use a salmon.
hehe, however I do like to drape slices of lemon and cut up green onions over my salmon while I let it broil, but first (I know it sounds gross but it truly is not), I marinate it in a combo of soy sauce and lemon juice. Best salmon possible!

/me knows how to chef it up!

--Linaewen
Old 03-15-2003, 11:56 PM   #91
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I would say leave them up, if the people don't have problems with them. Mine's fine.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 03-15-2003, 11:59 PM   #92
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
NO, I am NOT the official 'moot dating agency!!!! It was just a little joke crick and I had. Altho if I knew of a nice Christian guy in her area, I'd consider trying to get them together You guys go ahead w/o me
*looks meek, or as close as he can manage* Sorry

Quote:
What does 'on the pull' mean?
Hmm, dunno wot the Americanism would be.......on the hunt? on the prowl? looking for a partner with similar interests? Basically it is going to a place looking for someone who makes you raise a little more that an eyebrow

Beatallica
Old 03-16-2003, 12:02 AM   #93
crickhollow

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
hehe, however I do like to drape slices of lemon and cut up green onions over my salmon while I let it broil, but first (I know it sounds gross but it truly is not), I marinate it in a combo of soy sauce and lemon juice. Best salmon possible!

/me knows how to chef it up!
I'm going to try that next time! Last week they had pink salmon on sale for $0.35/lb! So I bought a huge fish, and cooked it (yeah, can't forget the lemons), and invited three friends over for dinner. We didn't even make a dent in the thing, and now I'm trying to come up with some crazy ways to use the rest of it. So far, I've made Salmon chowder, Seafood Alfredo, and salmon and creamcheese sandwiches. Any more creative ideas?
Old 03-16-2003, 12:08 AM   #94
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
I'm going to try that next time! Last week they had pink salmon on sale for $0.35/lb! So I bought a huge fish, and cooked it (yeah, can't forget the lemons), and invited three friends over for dinner. We didn't even make a dent in the thing, and now I'm trying to come up with some crazy ways to use the rest of it. So far, I've made Salmon chowder, Seafood Alfredo, and salmon and creamcheese sandwiches. Any more creative ideas?
Oh I have plenty of ideas when it comes to cooking, I actually almost went to culinary and was brought up in a very Italian family, so I know my way around the kitchen a bit Depends, for Salmon, I am not as creative as when it comes to certain other foods, but what I wrote above is my favorite way of doing it. Hmmmmm....

--Linaewen
Old 03-16-2003, 12:27 AM   #95
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

"On the Pull" can be mistaken for something ...that only my dirty mind thought of I suppose *looks around>innocently*

Rian I know, I was busting your chops. *kidding, for all you Brits*
Old 03-16-2003, 12:31 AM   #96
Rían

OK, you naughty wahine you!! I'm easy to fool, I'm pretty gullible - be nice to poor RÃ*an, everyone, she needs a bit of help understanding things sometimes!

Can't imagine you looking meek, Coney, esp. as you said you were having trouble with your peroxide ... But I accept your apology

Old 03-16-2003, 09:35 AM   #97
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Picture #1

Picture #2

RÃ*an, I want to contribute to your list of pictures with two pictures of me. One of them I use as my avatar

(If the links don't work, try again later)

Thinking of which, I found something funny earlier today. I used the Entmoot search engine and searched for threads that was titled with my name "Jonathan". I didn't expect to find any, but to my great surprise, I found one. (This closed down thread is located here). There, without my knowledge, people had discussed my avatar saying I looked like Orlando Bloom

Personally, I don't see myself as an Orlando look-alike. Do you other 'mooters think I ressemble him?
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:40 AM   #98
Jonathan

In case my picture links will never work, I'll attach the first picture to this post...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jagentmoot.jpg (6.2 KB, 490 views)
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 03-16-2003, 09:42 AM   #99
Jonathan

...and the second picture will be attached to this post. VoilÃ*!
If Wayfarer is around, he is free to comment the pictures, since I like his comments to the others

Sorry for spaming, but Entmoot wouldn't allow me to attach two images to the same post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jaglotr.jpg (6.9 KB, 454 views)

Last edited by Jonathan : 03-16-2003 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:30 AM   #100
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Nice pics Jonathan. He-he, I like the Swedish flag up there. Go Sweden!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Personally, I don't see myself as an Orlando look-alike. Do you other 'mooters think I ressemble him?
Can't say I do. But OB isn't on my favourite list regarding looks, if you should care.