Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2002, 06:19 PM   #1
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

only good advice givers and understanding people need apply

ok.. here's a little story that will help

somewhere in the middle of october 2001, i stopped doing drugs, smoking and drinking(hooray for me)
i was sick of the lifestyle.. i mean, one day i just woke up and realised that all my friends were dopes, and all they cared about was geting money and their next bowl or next hit or next pack of smokes was coming from. i hated feeling so dependant no such a thing. it made me feel like less of a person.. so i grew up .
well, now i realised that the world is a scary place.. and that i didn't want to grow up, or be intelligent, because it made me sad. i was depressed because i knew that all people (around me) were very shallow, stupid and just plain ig-nor-an- tee
well i didn't like that either. i was extremely alone.

then one day i got extremely sick of it all, i developed a very bleak out look on life and only after a few weeks, i kind of (well i DID) revert back to who i was in the beggining. the ignorant, dumb, underground user.
ive never known it to be so comfortable. it is easier to be ignorant, than to be smart.

so.. the question...

do you think i am right for doing this?
Old 03-27-2002, 06:37 PM   #2
olsonm
Elf Lord

Tolkien said LoTR was about Death and the desire for Deathlessness. Or, you might say, Pain and the desire for Painlessness. I don't have an answer for you, but reality is REAL, and you can't hide from it. Will you attempt to hide in Lothlorien with your 'magic ring', will you despair like Denthor, will you look for an easy way like Saruman or will you participate in life as it is like Frodo. You only have one life. Live it.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:32 PM   #3
Nibs
Head Hollara

Yes! Like unto Frodo, take what gifts in life you are given, though they may seem difficult to utilize, for they can be used for good after all. You may lose things along the road... friends, family, maybe even a finger , but keep plugging away! Though your losses may seem of an unbearable magnitude at the time, the end will show that you lose very little.

I hope this helps... maybe my optimism will prove contagious.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 10:38 PM   #4
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

ive still got a small bit of time where i can still not care.. ya think that after that... i have to have face reality. yes, it's ugly i know i have to meet up with it sooner or larter, but why not try to preserve what's left of my "fun" before i am forced to quit by life. i don't know..
"even the wisest cannot see to all ends"
so i guess i get up off my arse or get fuc*ed when the horseee comes thru.

woo hoo

edit: these are all mindless blabberings. i just need to get them out somewhere. sorry if i disturbed anyone.

i need to get out of my fanasy worlds.. nothing's perfect, and no amount of hiding can .. well hide it..
not like im going to stop reading tolkien, no no.. i just need to stop pretending..

look, even you guys try and fix real world problems with tolkien-isms..

it not real
it not real it not real..
maybe if i keep repeating this agaian and again, it will go away.

this is the stuff of die-arys and journals.. please, let my shame sink to the bottom of the moot and there maybe it can be forgotton.

Last edited by LuthienTinuviel : 03-27-2002 at 10:42 PM.
LuthienTinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 10:39 PM   #5
olsonm
Elf Lord

Luthien, do you believe you could be depressed? Clinically I mean.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:48 PM   #6
Nibs
Head Hollara

Quote:
Originally posted by LuthienTinuviel
look, even you guys try and fix real world problems with tolkien-isms..

it not real
it not real it not real..
This I realize. I'd list off verses of scriptures that inspire me personally, but I doubt that would make you feel any better. I think we just tried to liken it to something that you would understand easily.

And I find LotR inspiring even though it is a fantasy tale. Little guy, tough odds, comes out on top in the end. Great stuff.

I don't know where to go from here... try doing something kind for someone else. Service always makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:19 PM   #7
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Re: only good advice givers and understanding people need apply

Quote:
Right in my opinion? No, but as you said, it is easier to be ignorant or, "Ignorance is bliss". But it isn't really, because once you finally get torn out of your ignorance it's pretty painful.

I can't offer much advice, since the only time I've ever been asked questions like this, I lost a friend, but I am always willing to talk if you want to IM, private message or e-mail me, and you are in my prayers.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:31 PM   #8
olsonm
Elf Lord

As I said I have no answers for you Luthien. Starr Polish is right, you are in our prayers.

The point of my post was that death (and pain) are realities. Hiding from them does nothing. However, it is your life and how you choose to live it is your own buisness.

Last edited by olsonm : 03-27-2002 at 11:35 PM.
olsonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:41 PM   #9
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

The one thing I think I can say is that though pretending is a really great thing and you need to do a little of it, the real world holds infinitely more beautiful things. Just take a deep breath, look around, and when you look hard enough, you'll see them. Life may be tough, but we wouldn't be here if it was impossible.

I'll be here, too. email me if you need to, Luthien. You're a cool poster, and you're in my prayers as well!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 12:51 AM   #10
mirrille
Elven Warrior

Re: only good advice givers and understanding people need apply

Quote:
then one day i got extremely sick of it all, i developed a very bleak out look on life and only after a few weeks, i kind of (well i DID) revert back to who i was in the beggining. the ignorant, dumb, underground user.
ive never known it to be so comfortable. it is easier to be ignorant, than to be smart.

so.. the question...

The question is: what do you think you should do?

All the encouragement in the world can't do anything for you unless you are truly ready to change yourself and face the world. But that motivation has to come from you. You sound like you know what you really need to do, but you are having trouble holding onto it, because you felt bad enough about regressing to tell us about it. If you are willing to try, we are willing to help. Please try to help yourself. We'll be here if you need it.
mirrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 01:23 AM   #11
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Luthien, I was almost crying as I read your post. I collect quotes from famous people, and I have a whole slew of inspiring ones, but they all seem too trivial to give to a hurting heart.
Please think about taking olsonm seriously on this one (who would have thought? ). Depression is a hard thing to deal with.
I've added you to my buddy list (I'm windypoplars8118), feel free to talk, or just plain vent.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 03:29 AM   #12
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Quote:
i..please, let my shame sink to the bottom of the moot and there maybe it can be forgotton.
There is no shame in thinking about, and asking for, help to fix your life. Don't be impatient with yourself and expect everything to change overnight. The problem didn't arise that way. Take some time to think about who you want to be in five, ten, or fifteen years. Think about, and ask for advice on, the means to make your goals a reality. Write it down. Keep it with you. Find a new freind or friends outside your social circle to make sure your transition is not lonely. Users don't like to see other people get straight. PM anytime you are in doubt or feeling weak. Best of luck. When you fall down the next logical step is to stand back up, then decide were you want togo.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 07:18 AM   #13
Evenstar
Elven Warrior

HI! Ok I'm just gonna go straight into it!! Believe me when I say I know how it feels to absolutely hate this world!!!
I may not know how you feel or understand what you are going through because we all take things in and feel things in different ways, but I do know what it is like to feel lonely and scared and mad at everyone and everything!!! And I'm not just talking about when it is that time of the month either!!
Anyways, I live in fantasy worlds because I don't like the one I live in....but I don't agree with drugs!! I don't know what kinds of drugs you are talking about...whether it is pot of ecstacy...but wither way...I'm sorry but I do not believe it is right what you are doing!!
No one is asking you to be smart all of a sudden...and it will take time adjusting to this so called life...but it will be worth it in the end...
As someone asked before...the question is ...do you think it is the right thing to do!! Do you really want to stay sad and confused forever???
Take a deep breath and look deep inside yourself and find out what YOU want to do!!
And just think of all the money you will be saving to buy lots of pretty things!!!

Feel free to PM me anytime!! Or ignore me if you think I am stupid...it's up to you!!!!
Old 03-28-2002, 11:18 AM   #14
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

First off, let me say that along with everyone else who has said so, I am praying for you, Luthien. Jesus knows what you're going through - He got just about as depressed as anyone can get when He was here on earth, knowing that He would die a cruel and slow death, and unjustly at that.

Luthien, let me tell you something. I have been blessed with the ability to be, for lack of a better word, smart. And you know what? I get made fun of for it. A lot. It used to get me down all the time, and I wished I was just a mediocre student, just another face in the crowd. It would be so much easier that way! And I was right, it would be. But then I realized that the easiest way is not always the best way. If you can, and want to, be intelligent, then why not do it? Why settle for less than your best? Because if you do, you will never be thoroughly satisfied with yourself. About your friends being, as you put it, "shallow, stupid, and just plain ig-no-ran-tee". I'll be willing to bet that you know at least one person who is intelligent. I know you are smart, Luthien. You have made some very intelligent posts on the moot. And I'm sure you have been told the effects of drugs and alchohol on your life, so I won't get into those. All I have to say is, if you don't face your challenges, they will grow bigger and bigger, and get harder to face than ever before. Take that for what it's worth, I'm no professional advisor, but I do like helping people.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 11:19 AM   #15
galadriel88

Oh, I forgot to add, you can pm or email me anytime, if you feel like it!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-28-2002, 11:51 AM   #16
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
All I can do is give you encouragement . . . it's, challenging though this may seem, up to you to get yourself out of the hole you've fallen into. But little though I can do, I, and the other Mooters as well, will be here for you to lean on.
I'll be here for whatever I'm worth . . . feel free to mail me, talk to me or simply vent all your anger. I know what it's like to not be listened to; it sucks, so I promise I will listen.
We really do all appreciate you, Luthien; the Moot wouldn't be the same without you. You're smart, and you always have something nice to say. Truly . . . I mean it, I'm not just saying that to make you happy. I really mean it.

As for asking us whether we think what you have done is right, well, we can't really make that choice whether it is right or not. The true question here is: What do you think? Since you've brought it to our attention asking for help, then can you like it that much?
My opinion, if you really want it, is that it's not a great idea to contribute to the state the world is in, unless you're trying to fix it up. Will being ignorant change what you want to be ignorant of? If you truly want to ask me, I say the best way out is through . . . "if you don't vote, you can hardly complain about the outcome of the election."
Quote:
Originally sung by Lee Ann Womack
. . . I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances, but they're worth taking
Loving might be a mistake but it's worth making
Don't let some helping heart leave you bitter
If you come close to selling out, reconsider . . .
(Time is a wheel in constant motion, always going on and on . . . Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone . . .)

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 12:32 PM   #17
Miriel Stormrider
Enting

Well, stoping the drugs was the first big step. and its alot better than 90% of people can do!

well, I think I know (sort of) about wanting to just not face reality, I almost never do (unless that reality includes the ent moot, gymnastics, or good food ) but I think that we all need to face it sooner than latter, but maybe not all at once.

I know that I'm most likly wrong about everything I just said but I hope that I'm helping even as I stumble through the dark if-you-know-what-I-mean.

P.S. Just like 90% (gosh i love saying that ) of the ent moot if you need to vent, talk, or whatever just P.M. me.
Old 03-28-2002, 12:40 PM   #18
galadriel88

Tessar, are you on under your sister's username again?

Old 03-28-2002, 12:47 PM   #19
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Huh? what do you mean? I'm on as me
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 01:09 PM   #20
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

*sighs deeply and mournfully*

I have no words.

*walks up to Luthien, places a friendly hand on her shoulder, prays for a peace that surpasses understanding*

May you find it.