FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #23
ASmileThatExplodes
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuinor View Post
Good evening, everyone.

I saw this thread, and thought it might be fun. I seem to remember reading in one of the histories of Middle-Earth (possibly the fourth) of a prophecy Tolkien wrote about concerning the end times of Middle-Earth. It held that the sign of the end times would be the return of the Silmarils to Middle-Earth (how isn't explained), the release of Morgoth, and the ressurection of both Feanor and Turin Turambar. However, I don't believe it is found in the final Silmarilion. If anyone has the book, The Shaping of Middle-Earth, you might want to look it up. Also, I just found a wikipedia description of the "end times". Here's the page address:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagor_Dagorath

Have fun!
I saw that too on Wiki, haha! It quite fascinated me. ;o I just read The Silmarillion for the second time and there are soms indications about Dagor Dagorath or The End, but it's not quite clear.
I haven't read The History of Middle-Earth-series, maybe I should do that once. (:

-Off-topic: I'm new here and this is really cool, because I still don't know a lot of Middle-Earth and stuff. I have also a lot of questions and this site is very helpful, thank you. (:
ASmileThatExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote