Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-07-2003, 02:24 PM   #1
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
annoying little kid shows

how many of you get annoyed at stupid little kid shows like barney or dora the explorer. i mean they are really annoying!if you hate them post some thing here.
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH

Last edited by b.banner : 10-07-2003 at 02:28 PM.
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 03:29 PM   #2
jellyfishannah
Elven Warrior

Ew! I know what you mean. Dora repeats things so many times it makes you want to vomit. And Barney? (shudders) Let's not talk about it....

"Don't tell lies you can't keep." ~My little sister...
jellyfishannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 03:33 PM   #3
Salquënòrëwen
Elven Warrior

Barney is evil! He pushed me off my swing set at my 3rd birthday party!!!! I'm scarred for life!

Anyhoo, on topic, I cannot stand Dora or any of the other little kid shows...especially the really stupid ones in clay and stuff...
Salquënòrëwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 03:33 PM   #4
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

um, you watch those shows?

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 03:41 PM   #5
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
no

no are brothers and sisters do
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 03:50 PM   #6
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

wow.We were just talking about this in my psych. class the other day. I find them super duper annoying too, but they repeat things so much becuase kids thrive on repetition. They like things to be the same, and like hate it when things change. So I guess as much as they suck, its alot better for kids to watch than some of the other trash out there.
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 07:09 PM   #7
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Kids' shows aren't the only genre that suffers from repetitive annoyance. I find most TV today to be completely unwatchable.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 07:20 PM   #8
zinnite
Elven Warrior

I watch TV for about five minutes a week, and that's the weather channel in the mornings. From what I have heard kids' shows today are pretty bad. Back in my day, all the kids' programming was obviously done by people on halucinogens. They just don't make them like that anymore.
zinnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 07:52 PM   #9
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
Kids' shows aren't the only genre that suffers from repetitive annoyance. I find most TV today to be completely unwatchable.
*sighs in disappointment*

Not to sound like a smart ass, I haven't watched any little kids shows in a while. But I know that some really are annoying, especially Dora, when the map sings. For one reason or another, the majority of girls in my sophmore class sing that ceaselessely, and it doesn't end inthe first place.

I have twin little cousins that I have to watch sometimes, and one HATES kid shows. And he's 2! If his brother wants to watch Dora, he kindly asks me to change the channel when he's not looking.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:00 PM   #10
zinnite
Elven Warrior

I've never heard of the Dora show or whatever it is before this thread. Unfortunately, now I want to see it just to see how bad it is.

I just thought of a kid show that is *really* bad--it's on some Catholic network (EWTN?), and it features a talking doughnut. The really bad part is, it's obviously a puppet with a hand in it, and it's always positioned on something big, like a rock or trash can, where the puppeteer hides out. It's bad. Check it out.
Old 10-08-2003, 04:19 PM   #11
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

ooooooh *shudders*

think that a lot of these kiddies programs should be banned i'm surprised they don't freak kids out! they certainly freak me out!
Epecially the Telletubbies they are more than freaky! So are the Tweenies and the Hoobs and Barney! argh i could go on but the Telletubbies are by far the worst especially Tinky Winky! *shudders at the thought of him*
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 05:45 PM   #12
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

teletubbies are soo scary! i only watched them once all the way through(thank goodness only once, but even that is enough to traumatize anybody). another really sick one is OSWALD, and he has a dog named WEENIE?.sick.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 06:14 PM   #13
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Teletubbies are the worst. I can't be in the same room if it's on.
Seriously, if I was little I'd have nightmares from it.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 08:24 PM   #14
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

Caillou is an incarnation of Satan, I'm serious.

Dora the Explorer, Teletubbies, Barney.... Yikes. I think the only decent little kids show is Sesame Street. Now THAT's a good show.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:43 AM   #15
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Aih! I just remembered one I saw in Italy. For some reason, it was on the same channel, without commercials, for two days straight. (I came across it while looking for CNN.) It featured a peice of cheese (literally, that's not just what it looked like) with eyes that would run around on a white background and stop to talk to his friends Mushroom and Little Purple Furry Thing. He did this many man times; in fact, I think that only five minutes were recorded and played in loop for 48 hours. The brainwash channel.

This baffled me.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:02 AM   #16
Alqualaure
Enting

Hmmm...

What was the Little Purple Furry Thing? Mold?!? LOL - must be scary for a piece of cheese... (ROFL - Sorry, it's early & I'm just cracking up - MORE COFFEE PLEASE!!!!)

Funny thing about the Teletubbies - my dog loves them. Yes, my dog... He's a year old, and when I leave the house I put on PBS to entertain him... and well, he's become rather fond of Teletubbies (though he likes Sesame Street and Caillou as well...)

I can sort of understand his fascination - a young dog has the focus and attention span of a toddler, which Teletubbies is geared towards. However, the one time I sat and paid attention to it, I pretty much fell into a trance and couldn't look away! Some sort of hypnotic "this is madness!" crept over me and held me powerless on the couch! LOL Now I make sure not to watch - I just turn it on for the dog.

Barney makes me flee the room immediately. Unlike the hypnosis of the Teletubbies, Barney triggers my fight or flight response...

Alqua
quando la luce splendera'!
Ed il mio bacio scioglier?* il silenzio che ti fa mia!

- from Turandot; Nessun dorma by Puccini
Alqualaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 03:25 PM   #17
azalea
Long lost mooter

I have two preschoolers, and I really limit their tv viewing time, partly for this reason. My worst (besides the Teletubbies) is Dragon Tales. The voices really get to me.
I do, however, love Thomas the Tank Engine. I like the animation, and the plots are interesting, but not too intense. I swear, some of the stuff they put out for preschoolers I think is made by people with teenagers or something -- the stuff is very inappropriate!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 04:19 PM   #18
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Hey, I kind of like Dragon Tales.

Have you heard of The Wiggles? OMG talk about scary! They are four guys who sing songs they made up..... FREAKY!!!!!! I had to watch it while babysitting and then I had them stuck in my head all day. It was traumatizing!

But still teletubbies are worse.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 04:19 PM   #19
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

Thomas the Tank Engine is an original show that is harmless and has nothing wrong with it for kids. Bob the Builders not too bad either.

It's just the freaky ones that i'm surprised don't disturb them for life. YOu know the other day when i posted about the Telletubbies i hav had a horrible nightmare about them
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 07:00 PM   #20
zinnite
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
It featured a peice of cheese (literally, that's not just what it looked like) with eyes that would run around on a white background and stop to talk to his friends Mushroom and Little Purple Furry Thing.
Wow. That definitely beats the talking doghnut sitting on a trash can.