Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-21-2000, 06:15 PM   #1
bmilder

IronParrot is now a moderator!

IronParrot is now a moderator at Entmoot. He's been here since December, posts a lot, and is intelligent so I promoted him

For reference, here's a list of who's in charge of the forest:

Administrators/Ents:
bmilder (Made Administrator with the founding of the board, September 18th, 1999)
Darth Tater (Made Moderator 9/19/99, made admin 9/27)
anduin (Made moderator 12/7/99, made admin 1/12/00)

(Active) Moderators/Huorns
The One Ring (Made mod 10/30/99)
IronParrot (Made mod 5/21/00)

Hobbit Forum Moderators/Hobbit Huorns
HOBBIT
IronHobbit
Elanor the Hobbit
The One Hobbit

Inactive Moderator/Lazy Weirdo
Son of a Hutt (Made mod 10/30/99, stopped visiting several months ago)

Former Power:
Ryan6233 (Made mod 9/18/99, made admin 9/27, demoted himself to mod 12/4, demoted again and banned 2/14)

Old 05-21-2000, 06:30 PM   #2
IronParrot

Shame on SoaH

Here's my thank you list...

bmilder, who promoted me...

anduin, who's generally fun to talk to...

Michael Martinez, Hernalt, etc. who make really big and long posts about LOTR and thus let me expand my knowledge and enjoyment of the books...

captain Tarpols, who gave me the impression that big sigs were cool, even though they're out of fashion now (this is my first post with my new, shorter sig)...

Darth Tater, who... well, posts here...

juntel, who helped me out with a tough math problem (I never found out if that solution was correct, actually), and is Canadian...

The One Ring, my new colleague and only co-mod...

HOBBIT, who started a revolution and caused me to register two aliases here...

IronMongery, who is also Canadian - and I swear, we're not the same guy...

And anybody else I don't really have a lot to say about - Elanor, Eruve, emilsson, etherealunicorn, yada yada yada.

Old 05-21-2000, 06:36 PM   #3
anduin

Congrats fellow mod!

Poor poor Ryan.....couldn't help himself I suppose.

:lol:

Old 05-21-2000, 06:51 PM   #4
IronParrot

I never paid attention to that whole issue... what happened with that anyway?

Old 05-21-2000, 07:00 PM   #5
captain Tarpols

lol! but you do relize that HOBBIT and captain tarpols are me!! the same person :P

Old 05-21-2000, 07:08 PM   #6
IronParrot

Actually, I discovered that from the mod forum shortly after my thank-you post...

Old 05-21-2000, 07:32 PM   #7
Darth Tater

ahem

Darth Tater, who... well, posts here...

Excuseme!!!

Old 05-21-2000, 07:43 PM   #8
IronParrot

Re: ahem

Hey, look, I couldn't think of anything else to say!

Old 05-21-2000, 10:12 PM   #9
bmilder

IP already knows the full story about Ryan from the mod forum (doesn't everyone else wish they could go there? ) but I'll re-tell it in brief for the general curious public:

I had just finished setting up Entmoot, and I wanted some members. I checked to see who was on, and Tater wasn't. (That's why he wasn't made moderator that day) But someone I knew from an online Tolkien game, The Two Towers, was. I told him about the board and invited him to become a moderator if he posted. (Don't you wish it were still that easy? ) Unfortunately, a game setting doesn't provide the best place to judge character, and Ryan6233, which was the name he registered, was a lousy moderator. For a tiny little new board it didn't matter much, but as Entmoot grew, this was more evident. He didn't want to take things seriously, being more accustomed to gaming than bulletin boards. I didn't want to hurt his feelings though, so when Tater asked to be an administrator I promoted Ryan as well. Eventually, he said he didn't trust himself enough to be administrator, so he demoted himself to moderator in December and posted maybe once every three weeks. This was preceded by a strange night in which he put up weird announcements and threatened to ban me (luckily, as founder of the board I can't be banned ) Then he started demanding to be made administrator again, but of course I refused. He didn't post enough, and I didn't really trust him. (Wow, I promised to be brief but you've just finished the introduction )

In February, Ryan got "bored" and gave his password to my brother (Tristan, a.k.a. captain Tarpols) and Jae/dmaul96. Jae didn't like Tater, so when he got the password he edited some of Tater's messages and changed them to some stupid stuff. cT was online at the time and immediately alerted me to this, so I went online and edited the inappropriate content out. Jae claimed that he was about to make the messages less "severe" though, but the damage had been done. Later I learned from a conversation with Ryan that had Jae not done something to get the Ryan6233 account banned, he would have deleted all of Entmoot's messages himself at 1 a.m. Naturally, five minutes of editable messages were preferrable to all of Entmoot gone. Ryan came back with another username and insulted Tater. I permanently banned Ryan's computer from ever being able to post at Entmoot again (IP banning.)

So there you have it Entmoot was saved by luck, and by cT.

Old 05-21-2000, 10:50 PM   #10
IronParrot

IP banning as in "Internet Protocol" not "IronParrot"

Old 05-21-2000, 10:51 PM   #11
The One Ring

Congratulations to my new fellow mod! I hope you enjoy your new status (which is really more or less what you had before.... but now you can edit and delete posts!)

Old 05-21-2000, 11:40 PM   #12
thrawn96

What was Ryans username when he came back?

Old 05-22-2000, 12:29 AM   #13
bmilder

Well, since you asked, it was "tatersgayWOORYAN6233isback666." Obviously this was inappropriate

Old 05-24-2000, 03:08 AM   #14
Elanor

Congrats, you old Parrot! Have a great... moderate life ;b Here is a flower: http://www.geocities.com/rfresa/buttons/niceflower.jpg

Old 05-24-2000, 03:10 AM   #15
IronParrot

Elanor, that was one bad pun :lol:

Old 05-28-2000, 10:47 AM   #16
Fat middle

uualways coming late... congrats IP

now, the non-admins non-mods segment has lost one of its most active members... it´s a conspiracy!!

Old 05-28-2000, 04:41 PM   #17
IronParrot

Yes, it is. Who will get all the welcome replies now?

Old 05-29-2000, 04:14 AM   #18
anduin

Me of course....must you ask?

Old 05-29-2000, 11:49 AM   #19
Darth Tater

Ben, you didn't make me sound at all like the hero I was at Ryangate

Old 05-29-2000, 01:31 PM   #20
emilsson

I thought I already had replied but I guess not....

Anyway, congrats on your moderator status, IP.