Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
YayGollum
Enting

Location: A place called Fort Myers. In the evil state of Florida, a part of the United States Of America, of North America, Earth, Sol system.
R. P. G. Idea Discussion Thread.

Greetings, all. Having all kinds of fun? Oh, I hope so. Anyways, *mumbles* silly formalities... Some R. P. G. ideas --->

For many different skill levels --->

The Terror Of The Tattered Dragon! From way up in the icy north half of Middle Earth stumble the beleaguered leaders of an isolated town's defense. Although used to holding off wolves and trolls up there, they have been forced into seeking help. At first, they merely bring the information that an alarming number of especially aggressive monsters have been attacking. Once they have the numbers to look into the source of the trouble, a long dormant ice drake is discovered. He's cool. Has some creepy gaze attack that turns monsters into berserkers. Plenty of room for all kinds of random adventuring sorts.

For at least a bit more experienced types, preferably --->

Recipe For Power! Some random treasure-seekers are rooting about in the abandoned Mines of Moria. They find an old as well as magically locked chest that once belonged to Celebrimbor. The thing is opened and the recipe for Rings of Power is found. The leader of the group decides to become a hero by turning it over to Gondor's current king. Not before, of course, making several copies, just in case. He's relaxing in the upper echelons when, very unfortunately, a gang with ties to what remains of Mordor's power (the Mouth of Sauron, who I don't remember ever getting killed) catches wind that copies exist. This could be started with the treasure-seekers hiring help for the mines, in case of monsters, if more actiony scenes are desired. Or it could start with the treasure-seekers arriving in Minas Tirith, if more of the sneaky as well as double-crossing sorts would be interested. Doesn't matter much.

Also --->

The Stumbling Of Man Upon The Uttermost West! A young as well as sickeningly idealistic heir's crazily adventurous father has been lost at sea. He seeks out people crazy enough to wish to follow him off into all kinds of crazy sea-going adventures. Set way into the future of Middle Earth, where humans are everywhere and any of the more magical type races are merely legends, I figured this to be a tory of many secrets and discoveries. I would prefer for most to join with characters of the more magical type races, hiding among or from humans. Lots of legendary locations to explore.

For those few who are sick of all R. P. G. type stories taking place in the Third or Fourth Ages --->

The Aftermath Of The War Of Wrath. A Rhyming Story. ---> Directly after the War Of Wrath, of course. Survivors of a bunch of random races are scattered around the bits of land left of that large chunk of Middle Earth that was destroyed in the war. People that would normally as well as happily kill each other on sight are forced to work together to survive. I haven't thought of much else besides that, though, but I have some cool characters in mind. Rhyming is not actually required, though.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Discuss those ideas or come up with one of your own. This thread is merely for bouncing ideas off of each other. Working details out. Maybe recruiting. A way for me to feel out preferences. I have no idea how active this section is. Mayhaps I am helping?

- Myself
YayGollum is offline   Reply With Quote