Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
Beren One-Hand
Elven Warrior

The Army of Shadow

It is the fourth age. Everyone has been living peacefully in Middle-Earth under the reign of Elessar and Eomer. The Easterlings and Goblins from the Misty Mountain have been building up their strength, and are now ready to wage open war, as allies, against Gondor and Rohan.

We have:

Psychotic Irish Lover as Elowyn
Beren One-Hand as Beren

Anyone want to join? Just post your profile on the OOC thread, and start posting.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
Beren One-Hand
Elven Warrior

Beren stood on the gate to the Pelannor Fields, looking to the East. "A shadow grows strong yet again, there will be war again." then turning to a soldier he said, "Tell the king that we must prepare for war."
Old 05-21-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
Psychotic_Irish_Lover
Hobbit

Elowyn came jogging up behind him, tapping his shoulder, "Beren!"
Psychotic_Irish_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
Beren One-Hand
Elven Warrior

"Yes Elowyn," Beren said as he turned around and looked at her.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:45 PM   #5
Psychotic_Irish_Lover
Hobbit

She grinned, "Need me for anything? My father wants me out of his way, so he sent me off..."

She waited almost impatiently.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:27 AM   #6
Beren One-Hand
Elven Warrior

"Actually I was just coming in," he said to her. Beren then turned to another soldier, "Begin construction on the wall immediately," then turning back to her, "But you can ride back with me. How is your father anyway? Why is he so busy?"
Old 05-25-2007, 03:41 PM   #7
Psychotic_Irish_Lover
Hobbit

She flashed him a smile and shrugged, "He's fine. As for why he's busy, Mother's been asking me the same thing. He won't tell anyone what he's doing. Has us all a bit worried honestly."

She looked down, "I think it's my fault though..."
Old 05-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #8
Beren One-Hand
Elven Warrior

As Beren was walking down the steps, a warg, with a rider, leapt out of a thicket of trees and ran for the wall. The rider fired a shot at Beren before three arrows hit the orc and warg. The arrow missed Beren, but not by much. A Gondorian soldier yelled out, "That's the third one today."
Beren turned back to Elowyn, "A suicide warg. They ride towards the wall, fire one or two shots and then get killed. It sounds stupid, but I've already lost eight men to such riders, and now a lot of my men are afraid of them. This one targeted me.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #9
Psychotic_Irish_Lover
Hobbit

Elowyn nodded, "Which is a tactful move, kill you, and we have to get a new commander...and that means someone else has to earn the men's trust. A perfect time to attack." She sighed, smiling, "Or at least, that's what I think."
Old 06-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #10
Beren One-Hand
Elven Warrior

As the two of them rode into the city gate, Beren said, "I hope every thing turns out okay with your Father, war is coming."
Just as he was saying this, a young soldier ran up, he stopped by Beren and said, "Sir, the beacons are lit, Edoras sends a distress call."
Beren stopped riding, and paused for a moment, "What does the king say," he asked.
"He sends for you and other officials," the young soldier said.
Beren looked at Elowyn, "Let's go," and with that he broke into a gallop.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:08 PM   #11
Psychotic_Irish_Lover
Hobbit

Elowyn drove her horse on. The sooner she got back, the less her father would worry. He sent her off, but he cared about how long she was gone.

She leant down against the body of the horse, her head next to its neck. She was a rider, much like her mother.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:32 PM   #12
Beren One-Hand
Elven Warrior

Beren rode up to the seventh level of the White City, dismounted, and gave his horse to a boy who took the horse to the stables. He looked back to see Elowyn come up right behind him, he then slowed down as Elowyn jogged up beside him. As the two of them came up to the doors, a sentry stopped them, Beren showed the sentry a ring on his hand that showed that he was the Captain of Gondor. The sentry let him pass, but stopped Elowyn, "I'm afraid, my lady, that you are not permitted to enter."
Old 06-12-2007, 10:35 PM   #13
Psychotic_Irish_Lover
Hobbit

Elowyn frowned, shaking her head. "One of these days, they'll let me in," she said, turning on her heel. "I suppose I'll have to find something to occupy my time..."
Old 06-13-2007, 09:42 AM   #14
Beren One-Hand
Elven Warrior

"Wait," Beren said, "I think you better let her pass. She is closely related to royalty in both Gondor and Rohan."
The sentry stood there for a second and hesitated, "You may pass my lady." The sentry stepped out of her way.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #15
Psychotic_Irish_Lover
Hobbit

Elowyn smiled, "Thank you," she said, nodding and then walking up to Beren. She just hoped he didn't get in trouble for this.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:11 AM   #16
Beren One-Hand
Elven Warrior

The two of them walked into the council room. It was a fairly small room, compared to the rest, and it was made of marble. In the wall, there were carvings of the War of the Ring, of Merry stabbing the witchking, of Gandalf fighting the balrog, of the last moments of Theodred as he died in Eomer's arms. As you followed the many carvings to the roof, there was a giant dome set on top with two beams running across, seprating the dome into four different sections, each of which showed different carvings of Aragorn, and how he fell in love with Arwen.
The two of them then sat down on some chairs set out for the council. There were two large thrones, one of which sat Aragorn, and the other Arwen. After everyone arrived the council began. An official stood up and started, "Members of the council, the problem that is addressed before you today is of grave importance. Rohan has sent for aid. We do not know the details as of yet, but we must send aid, it's as simple as that." After the members of the council debated, Aragorn finally resolved to bring an army to Rohan, himself leading them. Beren would be his general and chief advisor.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:55 PM   #17
Psychotic_Irish_Lover
Hobbit

Elowyn listened attentively to the counsel, noting that neither of her parents had managed to attend. She wondered why.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:38 AM   #18
orithil
Captain Jack

this was posted in the wrong thread please delete this post moderator.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.

Last edited by orithil : 06-21-2007 at 12:39 AM.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #19
Beren One-Hand
Elven Warrior

Beren left the building, Elowyn was right beside him. "Alright," Beren said, "I'm glad the king is sending help. By the way, where was your father, Farimir, he will be leading the city while we are gone."
Old 06-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #20
Psychotic_Irish_Lover
Hobbit

Elowyn shrugged, "Who knows, probably somewhere where no one could find him, doing whatever he's been doing lately. I honestly have no clue why neither he nor mother were there..."