Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2006, 12:25 AM   #21
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Nessa looked out at the rider and immediately began cursing. Her language was so inventively foul that Elnar doubted some of it was even possible.

"I assume you know that rider."

"Yes," she grumbled. "I should have known not to get involved with him but sometimes you just don't think."

"A spurned lover?" Curamir asked quietly. "Do you suppose he means us ill or just you?"

"Neither, I imagine. He's probably going to try to drag me back to his home." Nessa let out a tired breath. "This day is proving to be longer than I foresaw."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Lady Willow Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:25 PM   #22
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

"Foolish Gondorians to go about in this country in chain mail! But if they want to roast, it is their affair, not mine." His own light colored turban and loose robes were cool and reflected the heat of the sun. Bayhas chuckled to himself as he trotted the big gray towards the group of intruders. Staying just out of arrow and spear range, he halted the horse and let his eyes roam over the strangers. A smile of triumph lit his face when he saw her.

"Hail, strangers!" he shouted in thickly-accented Westron. "I am Bayhas of the Kungid Tribe. "What is your business in this land?"

The woman was frowning and he could see her lips moving, "Probably cursing me," he thought. "Good, that means that she has noticed me!"
Udukhaturz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:10 PM   #23
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

"interesting accent eh Curamir" said Elnar chuckling "well do your stuff".

Curamir frowned and then seemed to grow in stature as he replied to lightly clad rider "We are the Knights of Gondor and the Dunedain of the North, and we come to you in peace and in honor, returning a great warrior of the Harad to his kinsman, will you aid us? great one of the Kungid".

"ooh, nice touch there with the great one business ranger" Nessa said grinning sardonically "anything to make this guys ego feel good can't hurt anything".

"quiet I think he's going to reply" whispered Elnar.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:26 AM   #24
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Nessa caught Bayhas looking at her and winced. Oh, sweet Valar, why do I ever get involved with men?
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:58 AM   #25
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Grinning to the Gondorians as he trotted his horse around them, Bayhas surveyed them just out of spear and arrow range. His eyes twinkled in satisfaction as he watched Nessa's head swiveling around to keep his horse and him in view.

"Ahhh," his thoughts pleased him. "They are impressed by my power and my horsemanship, and more importantly, she is looking at me!"

At last he reined his horse in near Curamir, and turned his hands over, palms up, to show he was holding no weapon.

"Knights of Gondor," his richly accented Westron carried across the plain, "if you come in peace, you shall receive peace. What is the name of this man who is being returned and where is his destination?"
Old 05-19-2006, 04:15 PM   #26
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Well," Nessa mumbled quietly. "Here's hoping Cumaar wasn't from enemy territory."

Old 05-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #27
rohirrim TR

"the only name that was known to us was Cumaar, I know not which tribe he belonged to so I do not fully know our destination, is he known to you?" asked Curamir as the two rangers lowered the litter and lifted the top of it revealing Cumaars peaceful face.
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:15 PM   #28
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Dismounting his horse, Bayhas ambled over to the litter. Bending his head over, he peered down and looked at the face ofthe dead man.

"By the bones of my grandfather, this man is known to me!" He glared at the two rangers angerily. "His tribe is an enemy of the Kungid, and he swore to kill me!" Bayhas spat to the side. "I rejoice that he is dead at last! I have been revenged!"
Old 05-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #29
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Curamir stepped forward, full of wrath, but Atarion beat him to it. "What are you thinking, Southman shepherd? How dare you speak so of the hero of Arnor? Shame upon you-you are a coward! If you dare to defame his name, I call you to open combat here and now! Let us see if you are really a man!"

"Be silent!" Curamir shouted at him, pulling the ranger-to-be back. "Are you mad as well as woolheaded?"

Bayhas narrowed his eyes.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #30
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Nessa stepped forward with a placating smile on her face. "Please forgive the lad, Bayhas. He is young and obviously hot-headed." She looked over her should to glare at the young soon-to-be ranger. "In any case, it is clear that you know this man. Could you perhaps tell us the name of his tribe and in which direction we shall have to go?"

Old 05-22-2006, 05:23 PM   #31
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Elnar glared Atarion.
"Don't be a fool if you can help it." He said in a low voice for Atarion's ears alone. "You have much to learn if you are to be a Dunedain." He turned away from the young man and took to studying Bayhas.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:03 PM   #32
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Bayhas walked up and stopped a few paces from Atarion. "Tark, you are not in your own lands! If you want to live to return to your home, you will learn some respect and manners. However, if you feel this is your day to die, challenge me to a fight!" Bayhas touched the hilt of his scimitar and made a fierce face at Atarion.

Bayhas noticed that Nessa had approached and was quite near. "Nessa," a smile came over his face, "for your sake and your sake alone will I forgive his rashness. But I warn you, if this young ass's colt insults my honor one more time, there will be a fight to the death! Yes, I know of the tribe from which Cumaar descends and where they pitch their tents! It is the Abiza tribe, and they are among the fiercest of all tribes!"
Old 05-22-2006, 08:19 PM   #33
Acalewia

"In which direction, Son of the Desert." Elnar asked. "Seeing you are enemies, i am sure you know"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 05-22-2006, 11:38 PM   #34
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Nessa smiled sweetly. "We would be most obliged if you pointed us in the right direction, Bayhas."

Old 05-23-2006, 12:40 AM   #35
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

"Certainly, Tark, I know where lie the lands of the Abiza tribe, but why should I help you? Your people are no friends of mine. Why should I care if the body of this enemy is given burial or thrown to the jackals?" Bayhas challenged angerily. "It is said by some among the wise that if the body of a man is never buried, his soul will wander forever aimlessly through the desert." He folded his arms across his chest. "Perhaps I think that would be a fitting punishment for him!"

He turned to Nessa and looked her in the eye. "Though your charms are many, I know all your wiles, and they no longer work on me! Perhaps you have forgotten, but five hundred men in my clan answer to my bidding. Why should I leave my family, my kin, my flocks and my herds to see that Cumaar is given a proper burial?"
Old 05-23-2006, 01:08 PM   #36
Acalewia

Elnar slightly smiled at being called a Tark.
"Because all of Middle-Earth, including Harad, would be under shadow had it not been for this man." The smile was gone. "What he died destroying would have turned your kin and clan against one another."

Old 05-23-2006, 06:49 PM   #37
rohirrim TR

"Pardon my interuption but unless I miss my guess we are all going to buried right here, so could we discuss this later...please" Hluor cut off Bayhas before he could replied to the half-elf and pointed to the south where a wall of sand was blowing up over the hill, and even Bayhas's unreadable eyes showed shock, but only for a moment. "after all Nessa tells me these-" Hluor gestured at the approaching storm "-are quite dangerous".
Quote:
Old 05-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #38
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Nessa rolled her eyes. "Oh, just what we need." She tied her wild main of red hair back and began to sprint away. "Come on then, folks. I'd rather not be buried in sand!" She broke into a full-out run and vanished in an instant.

"Good to know one of us can fly out of danger," Curamir grumbled.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:52 AM   #39
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

"Fly in fear, foreign dogs!" Bayhas thought to himself maliciously as he mounted his horse and rode away. On the other side of the knoll, his men awaited him in relative security. The horses had been commanded to lie down facing away from the storm. Their masters covered both the heads of their mounts and their own with skins and waited until the storm blew over.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:18 PM   #40
Acalewia

"Great" Elnar muttered. He turned to the others. "Come together!"
"What do you mean, come together?" Hluor asked. "We're about to be buried alive and you want us to stand together? Are you mad?"
"Not yet," Elnar said with a smile. "Tinechor!" The storm moved closer.

*shield