Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-25-2004, 05:56 PM   #61
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I don't have time to catch up on the RPG till this week end, but if you guys are just whipping us along, stop . I'm the GM here . Don't post something that takes us so far ahead I have to ask you to take it out .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:44 PM   #62
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

Yeah before we start I want o know why this man was taken, who he was, why they would possibly want him, and what the plan is. Before we start moving...
Old 08-27-2004, 07:30 PM   #63
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

All shall be explained...

in a post...

tomorrow morning...

For now, I'm going to go pass out after an exhausting week of school. Ta-ta.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:27 AM   #64
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
All shall be explained...

in a post...

tomorrow morning...

For now, I'm going to go pass out after an exhausting week of school. Ta-ta.
*pats Tessar on the head* Poor Tessar, I see the exhausting week of school has gotten the better of you. Take your time, the best thing about this form of RPG is that one can pick it up again after a day or a week.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:45 PM   #65
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim
OOC: will edit that but I have demanded it like 3 times now and nuthing is happening. The plot isnt moving forward and it needs to. I mean this rpg didnt do anything for over a month. Soooo.... I weil change it. Oh and THANK YOU FOR RESTARTING THIS AS I REALLY LIKED WHERE THIS WAS GOING! THANK YOU!!!!
I decided to drag this over here as I felt we needed to go over a few points, just to clarify for me what you meant and for you what I meant .

The reason nothing has happened when Drut demanded before is because Harn honestly had no reason to tell him anything, and Harn isn't just going to blurt out his objective to just anyone. Think about Beryn. She's a good friend of Harn's friend, Kalin, but Harn still didn't want to say anything in front of her. How could he trust someone he'd never met before?

The plot hasn't moved forward because the time space (inside the RPG I mean I know I've slacked off RL time wise) hasn't been nearly long enough! Think about it. So far we've covered MAYBE an hour or two of time. I introed the main chars, Harn and Kalin met up stairs, the others had a drink and talked for a few minutes, the Hobbit went out, and a fight started and lasted for a little while. That's about it!

You're welcome for restarting it- thank Earnil, who's name I can't spell correctly . And thank YOU for changing it so promptly . So far you guys have all been great sports about my lazyness .

+{Edited to add}+

I'm also going to give the other people a little time to realize that I've restarted the RPG, and also to let Ear. post because it's really all thanks to her that I've managed to get it started again .

Last edited by Tessar : 10-11-2004 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:09 AM   #66
Earniel

Hehheh, about time you got to restarting it, slacker.

You could spell my name if you put a little more effort into it. I'm happy if you only add this little 'e'. The Gondorean general is just not me.

But serious now, I have a question concerning the necesary editting for the flow of the story. I expect Telcontar_Dunedain's post where we leave has to be edited or deleted but are other changes necesary? For instance, I take it that since Kalin went out to track the orcs, Beryn did not? If so, I better edit that post accordingly.

Will post soon, school awaits right now.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:12 AM   #67
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Oh my *blush* I must've missed that in your post... and I thought I'd read all the ones I needed to *hit self*.

Well I'm sure it's fine, really, since I don't think I made a special mention of her. If you like Kalin can meet her on his way back to the Inn?
Old 10-12-2004, 07:43 PM   #68
Haradrim

sorry about my outlandish brutishness. But HArn does seem a little grumpy... I mean after all I was seriously wounded. Why wouldnt he tell us? but you are basically Eru so you make the decisions. Soooo.... whats crack a lackin everyone?
Old 10-12-2004, 08:00 PM   #69
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim
sorry about my outlandish brutishness. But HArn does seem a little grumpy... I mean after all I was seriously wounded. Why wouldnt he tell us? but you are basically Eru so you make the decisions. Soooo.... whats crack a lackin everyone?
But in the end, you did choose to wound yourself by writing it so, didn't you?. I think Tessar is following a specific tactic by not letting Harn give us too much information at once. After all, he only knows the characters for a day, even less, for all he knows we could be very clever spies! Besides, it's a much more interesting way of playing when you have to piece the story together by little seperate bits of info than having it all spelled out for you at once.

Me posting on the game thread will be delayed at least a day due to loads of homework, so don't wait for me. It won't be too long, I hope.

Good enough for me, Tessar. Beryn can meet Kalin on their way back to the inn, I will adapt the post to that soon.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:24 PM   #70
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I appologize if you think Harn is grumpy, but it's his character! He's supposed to be grumpy.

Like Earniel said, for all Harn knows, everyone else is a spy from Mordor. It's needed to get the story even moving, but wouldn't you be a little suspicious if strange things were going on around you, and all of the sudden people started randomly coming up to you and being chummy?

One of the hardest things for me when I was new to RPGing was to not take the way someone else's character was written and transform that into my image of the writer. I understand how hard it can be, but please know that when Harn is rude to your character or to ANYONE else it's because I, the author, am writing a certain type of person. Harn is a man of few words, and his little scouting world is just getting thrown upside down by a massive orc attack, which he should've seen coming days ahead of time.

Kalin on the other hand is a little more friendly, although he'll be a bit aloof since he's an elf . If you feel upset about the way Harn reacts to people, and I almost wouldn't blame you for feeling that way (yes, I admit he's an arse , then I suggest you write most of your interaction with Kalin .
Old 10-13-2004, 11:54 PM   #71
Haradrim

OME, I am sorry if anyone took my ander seriously. I didnt mean for it to be taken seriously. I do Improv where we do dry humour so I am used to making statements that would seem mean but are meant all in good fun. I understand why hes being the way he is but I dont know what I can do to the story when i know absolutely nothing about whats going on.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:38 AM   #72
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

That's always been my frustration too... which is why I started my own once I thought my skills were up to par .
Old 10-16-2004, 10:19 AM   #73
Earniel

There, I've editted that post where Beryn leaves the Inn and moved that event to the last post so the continuity is better. I think all that needs to be fixed to have complete continuity in the posts is remove our premature departure from Telcontar_Dunedain's posts and we're back on the road.

I think the ball is back in your camp, Tessar.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #74
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Quote:
Originally written by Tessar
That's always been my frustration too... which is why I started my own once I thought my skills were up to par
Hehe I always thought that not knowing what to happen next was half the fun
Old 10-16-2004, 02:54 PM   #75
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Earniel. Do you want to delete that post so the RPG makes sense?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 04:11 PM   #76
Earniel

Do you mean to ask why I want your post editted, or are you asking me to delete it for you?
Old 10-16-2004, 07:31 PM   #77
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
You're welcome for restarting it- thank Earnil, who's name I can't spell correctly .
In writing Eärniel, you push down the "option" key and then the "u". Then you click whichever letter you want to cover. ä, ë, ï, ö, ü, ÿ . When I didn't know how, I used another technique. Just select the user's name and copy it; then paste it into the post.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 06:03 AM   #78
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I've edited my post.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 10:25 AM   #79
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
In writing Eärniel, you push down the "option" key and then the "u". Then you click whichever letter you want to cover. ä, ë, ï, ö, ü, ÿ . When I didn't know how, I used another technique. Just select the user's name and copy it; then paste it into the post.
Pfffft. Mr. Smartypants . Go back to Arathon .
Old 10-17-2004, 01:46 PM   #80
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Pfffft. Mr. Smartypants . Go back to Arathon .
See yah!

(Heads off to ATHaron )
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote