Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2000, 06:54 PM   #61
Grand Admiral Reese

Re: what are you reading right now?

I'm currently reading: Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert A. Heinlein.

Old 08-11-2000, 01:21 AM   #62
Jonce

Lord of the Rings, thats why you won't find me in any of the JRR Tolkien forums for a few weeks.

Old 08-11-2000, 02:24 AM   #63
anduin

I could have sworn that I read Hitchiker's Guide, but I just read it, and nothing in it rang a bell....nothing...oh well. I was getting ready to read The Restaurant At the End of The Universe, when I picked up The Hobbit instead.

Old 08-19-2000, 03:38 PM   #64
Grand Admiral Reese

I'm now on So Long and Thanks for All the Fish in the Hitchhikers series. That's about 5 books I've finished, read and started in the last 9 days. Maybe I actually will get all the books I wanted to read read this summer.

Old 08-19-2000, 07:28 PM   #65
Razgon

The Crystal singer series, by Anne Mcaffrey
Very good, but somewhat strange ending, when the heroine suddenly wakes up and finds out it's all been a dream!
Ups, spoiler alert
No, just kidding. It wasn't all a dream

Old 08-22-2000, 03:05 PM   #66
Grand Admiral Reese

I'm now reading The Silmarillion. I finished the Hitchikers Series on Sunday.

Old 08-22-2000, 06:08 PM   #67
emilsson

I'm rereading the TPM novel. Then I'll probably start with Jan Guillou's last book in hist "crusader trilogy" about early Swedish history.

Old 08-23-2000, 11:59 PM   #68
Taimar

I`m in the middle of `Massacre at Montsegur` by Zoe Oldenbourg. It is a fairly heavy tome about the Albigensian Crusade.

BTW, emilsson, if you are interested in this and other related topics, Oldenbourg`s book, `The Crusades`, is one of the best of the many volumes I have read on this subject.

Old 08-24-2000, 08:14 AM   #69
emilsson

Thanks, Taimar. I love the Middle Ages and books set in that time ( both fiction and non-fiction ). I´ll remember that book.

Old 08-26-2000, 11:41 PM   #70
Grand Admiral Reese

Right now, I'm about halfway through Jack London's The Sea-Wolf. I needed a break from SF/Fantasy works, and have to read it anyway.

Old 08-29-2000, 04:05 PM   #71
bmilder

The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien and J.R.R. Tolkien: A Biography by Humphrey Carpenter.

Old 08-29-2000, 05:33 PM   #72
emilsson

I've now read a third of Guillou's book. Then I probably read Malcom Barber's books on the Templar Knights.

Old 08-29-2000, 07:26 PM   #73
Grand Admiral Reese

Nothing. I'm out of books. I read everything I was going to this summer.

Old 09-03-2000, 10:27 PM   #74
Grand Admiral Reese

Now I am reading something. Tom Clancy's latest novel The Bear and the Dragon. A very good book so far.

Old 09-04-2000, 01:00 PM   #75
anduin

LOL, that didn't take too long.

Old 09-04-2000, 06:09 PM   #76
emilsson

Yesterday I started Malcolm Barber's The New Knighthood. So far I think it is good.

Old 09-10-2000, 04:01 AM   #77
Pippin Skywalker

My Reading :)

WHAT I'VE READ:
Shakespeare plays:Hamlet,Macbeth,King Lear,Much Ado About Nothing,Comedy of Errors,As You Like It, A Middsummer Night's Dream,The Tempest,Romeo and Juliet,Two Gentleman of Verona,Antony and Cleopatra,Othello,Julius Ceaser,Taming of the Shrew,A Merchant of Venice,Twelfth Night,Or What You Will,All's Well That Ends Well,(and one I've forgotten the name of).
Other Stuff:The Lord of the Rings Trilogy,Old Man and the Sea,Billy Budd,Sailor,Moby Dick,Dante's Inferno,Milton's Paradise Lost,The Canterbury Tales,Black Beauty,Pride and Prejudice,The Prydain Chronicles,The Hobbit,The Silmarillion,The Chronicles of Narnia,Out of the Silent Planet,Farenheight 451,The Nancy Drew Stories,The Hardy Boys,Heidi,Little Women,Tom Sawyer,Wuthering Heights, "etc"

Note:This is like a life time list of books All this has been read between the ages of 8 and 15 (my current age).

WHAT I'M READING NOW:Les Miserables,War and Peace,and All's Well That Ends Well.

WHAT I PLAN TO READ BEFORE DECEMBER 31st 2000:
Dosteyevsky:The Idiot,Brothers Karamosov,Crime and Punishment. Others:Faust,Beowulf,The Iliad,The Odyssey,The Aenid,Donquixote,Great Expectations,Nicholas Nicholby,Emma,Sense and Sensibility.

I love classic literature,fantasy,fairytales,mythology,poetry,and a dash of philosophy

Old 09-24-2000, 09:16 PM   #78
Gilthalion

Re: My Reading :)

See my sig!

Everyone knows what I am reading!

Old 09-24-2000, 11:57 PM   #79
Grand Admiral Reese

After spending an inordiante amount of time reading Tom Clancy's The Bear and the Dragon, I have moved on to a new book. Currently I am reading R.A. Salvatore's The Demon Awakens.

Old 09-25-2000, 07:55 AM   #80
emilsson

Today I will start rereading the Fellowship of the Ring. It's been three years since the last time and this is a good time for some LOTR.

The Demon Awakens is good, probably my favorite book together with The Demon Spirit by RA Salvatore.

Closed Thread