Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2001, 10:04 PM   #1
the wanderer of time and space

Very Far Away From Anywhere Else

Hi I dunno how much I'll be seen around here {I've got so many other boards to distract me!} but I just had to ask:

Has anyone read Very Far Away From Anywhere Else by Ursula K. LeGuin? If you get the obscure magazine called Cicada, it was a year or so ago.... it's a very short, sad "novella" that I'd definitely reccomend to anyone who can get their hands on a copy
Old 08-07-2001, 12:20 AM   #2
webwizard333

Re: Very Far Away From Anywhere Else

Hi and welcome to this board!!!
Old 08-07-2001, 01:57 AM   #3
X Rogue

I've read it. Loved that one, I must admit. The ape act and the human act, and Thorn. I want to go live in Thorn.
Old 08-07-2001, 11:53 PM   #4
the wanderer of time and space

You're the first person I've met who's read it aside from my friend {who I bullied into reading it}.

Yeah, I don't know what it is precisely that I like about this book so much... I think it's mostly that I'm a lot like Owen {well, wrong gender, but I mean in the way that it *counts*}. I even ordered a copy from Alibris so I can still read it when I can't get it from my school's library
Old 08-08-2001, 02:28 PM   #5
X Rogue

Hmmph. I tried ordering it once, (back in the days before internet and Amazon.com) but the bookstore couldn't get me a copy of it. Then last year I found a nearly new, looked like it had been read maybe once, copy at a library sale for fifty cents. It now has a honored place in my library. Read it first in junior high at age thirteen. Now I'm 30 and the book is just as good. Wish I could write like that.Such a simple short book too.