Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-17-2002, 05:52 AM   #1
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

Gollum

Info on Gollum!

I know that their isn't much info on gollum so I have compiled some info for your enjoyment!

Gollum
Home

Dates- lll 2440 - 25 March lll 3019

Race- Hobbit

Division- Stoor

Other Names- Smeagol

Hobbit of the Stoor strain, born in the stoor settlement near the Gladden Fields. About 2463 his cousin Deagol found the One Ring while fishing, and Gollum murdered him for it. Soon he became odious to his family and was driven out of the Stoor community. Gollum hid in the Misty Mountains, falling more and more under control of the Ring until 2941, when he lost it. Bilbo Baggins found the Ring and took it with him to the Shire. Gollum suspecting that Bilbo had the Ring, came out of the Misty Mountains to search for Bilbo, his need for the Ring overcoming his hatred of the Sun and Moon.
A few years before the War of the Ring, Gollum was captured by Sauron, who discovered about the Shire and Baggins, Sauron released Gollum, in 3017 he was captured by Aragorn, and turned over to Gandalf. The Wizard gave Gollum over to the Elves of the Woodland Realm but Gollum escaped and went in search of the Ring. He caught up with Frodo and the Fellowship of the Ring outside the Weat-Gate of Khazad-dum, and followed the Fellowship through Moria and Lorien. Gollum was captured by Frodoand Sam in the Emyn Muil.Gollum led Frodo and Sam through the Dead Marshe's and to Cirith Ungol, the least guarded rout into Mordor. However, there he betrayed them to Shelob, hoping to recover the Ring but Shelob was wounded by Sam, and Gollums plan failed, and so he followed Frodo and Sam to the top of Mount Doom were he attacked Frodo and in the struggle that followed he bit of Frodo's Ring-finger but as he did Gollum fell into the Cracks of Doom, destroying both himself and the Ring.
Gollum originally looked like a normal Hobbit, but his long years in the dark and damp under the power of the Ringdrastically affected his appearance. The description of him vary somewhat, but he seem's by the time of Bilbo and Frodoto have thin and wiry, with black skin, flat feet, long thin hands, and large eyes. Although his sight was poor, his earing was acute, and he could move silently and climb like a insect. Because of his long domination by the Ring, Gollum feared all things Elven; Elven ropes burned his flesh and lembas tasted like dust.
Gollum's real name was Trahald, a northern Mannish name meaning 'burrowing, the anglicised Mannish equivalent was Smeagol. He was called Gollum because of the disgusting noise he made in his throat; the name was originally given to him by his family after he had found the Ring. The Orcs of Cirith Ungol called him Her Sneak for his service to Shelob. Sam devised two names for him Slinker and Stinker for the two aspects of Gollum's nature while he was serving Frodo. The former referred to his fawning behaviour towards Frodo the Ring-bearer and his sworn master, which is part of his sincere desire to be good, while the latter referred to Gollum spitful, treacherous, hating behaviour towards all else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 05:55 PM   #2
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Thanks...I think?

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 09:26 PM   #3
Keith K
Elf Lord

His favorite food was fish.
His favorite sport was the riddle game.
His favorite song was "Ring of Fire" by J. Cash
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 12:58 AM   #4
Nibs
Head Hollara

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith K
His favorite song was "Ring of Fire" by J. Cash
...to which he danced like a mad thing.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 01:27 AM   #5
Keith K
Elf Lord

Yes Nibs! He was singing "I fell into a burning ring of fire, a ring of fire..."
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 10:05 AM   #6
Lefty Scaevola
AngAdan

Despite bad press, Gollum had more discretion and judgement that many internet users.
Lefty Scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 02:16 PM   #7
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Gollum

My friend is really wierd she has got a crush on Gollum for some reason
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 07:49 PM   #8
Sparky
Sapling

Gollum is awesome. In fact, sometimes I spontaneously start talking like him and calling everything "preciousssss"
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2002, 05:48 PM   #9
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
I love Gollum!!!!!!! He's cute and funky!!!!
said my friend Daniella
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote