Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-06-2003, 02:21 AM   #201
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

GrayMouser - Well just leave it the government to waste money and produce an inferior product. What did Canadians expect from a government program - efficiency and good quality?

Gimli - are you having withdrawal or something? Do you REALLY feel the need that badly to start up as soon as your month is up?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:17 AM   #202
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

not really but my fried is getting a whole bunch of fireworks then and were gonna have a huge party so...
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:58 AM   #203
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
GrayMouser - Well just leave it the government to waste money and produce an inferior product. What did Canadians expect from a government program - efficiency and good quality?

Yeah, really, especially since from what I read Canada now produces some of the best stuff around (haven't indulged myself for about 15 years- or was that 15 minutes- funny what happens to your short-term memory....)

I love that scene in Apollo 13 (a favourite movie) when they need to change the carbon dioxide filters, and Ed Harris asks why they don't just take the scrubbers from the Odyssey and put them in the LEM:

Engineer:"Because the scrubbers in the Odyssey are square and the ones in the LEM are round"

Ed: "Someone tell me I'm not working for a government outfit."

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:53 AM   #204
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i did it! 1 month. i figured i wasnt addicted and on friday i have to debate about legalizing weed. im the leader of the debate team too
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:57 AM   #205
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
i did it! 1 month. i figured i wasnt addicted and on friday i have to debate about legalizing weed. im the leader of the debate team too
congradulations!
It's been about 2 months for me, and before that 9 months. Like I said before, I could take it or leave it. And that's good that you can do that, too.

Do yourself a favor, only use it on occasion, not every weekend like you were. It doesn't become special when you have it all the time.

Edit: had to keep changing the amount of months I haven't smoked. I forgot about this time or that time. As I said, it's not a big deal for me.

Last edited by Ruinel : 10-16-2003 at 11:00 AM.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 02:13 PM   #206
azalea
Long lost mooter

Good job! And I agree with Ruinel about your use of it in the future.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:38 PM   #207
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

smokers

I think smokers are the most fun and in general overall coolest people i know. Not cuz they do drugs but their personalities. Well let me put it this way... most cool people I know smoke pot. However, many people who smoke pot are broke losers(I include myself here lol).

I know a guy who 'quit' but last night he couldn't resist the power of the hydro... haha
poor guy. It's all my fault too. He's so obsessed with quitting. but he helps his lil bro (whos been smokin since 4th garde, now in 8th) get it still

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 11-01-2003 at 05:40 PM.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 09:11 PM   #208
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Re: smokers

Quote:
Originally posted by Sminty_Smeagol
most cool people I know smoke pot. However, many people who smoke pot are broke losers(I include myself here lol).
oh is that why yer always wanting people to buy you stuff?

but as far as cool people being in correlation with pot smokers well I guess it depends what you mean by cool of course. I know plenty of really mellow really easy to get along with people who smoke all the time. but i also know a lot of 0 personality wastoids who arent really worth talking with for more then a few minutes. But from what youve told me I think youve been surrounded by a lot of "dope is evil" types who also are hollier then thou and anal and nuerotic in other ways so for you the stoner crowd is a refreshing change.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 11:17 AM   #209
Sminty_Smeagol

did you get my PM?
Old 11-02-2003, 01:03 PM   #210
Sminty_Smeagol

dude

Dude I dunno. religion and pot. People are too judgemental on smoker people. I wouldn't consider myself a 'pothead' but I do know people I would consider that. And everyone's too judgemental on them. They frequently act kinda dumb but some of them think about things, unlike all the 'I'm a christian cuz my parents say so' people who think they're better than everyone else because they're 'christians', although THEY'RE the ones running around in form-fitting clothes and being hypocritical, judgemental, self-righteous, egotistical, MORONS. I hate how christians think pot is bad. it never in the bible says that. marijuana was smoked a lot in the middle-east maybe jesus smoked it who knows. Nowhere in the bible does it say not to smoke cannabis.

"Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; that which cometh out of the mouth defileth a man." (Mat. 15:11)

And the earth brought forth grass and herb yielding seed after its kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. (Genesis 1:12)

(Cannabis is mentioned in Ex. 30:23 but King James mistranslated it as 'sweet calamus') :
Moreover, the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 23 Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even 250 shekels, and of qaneh-bosm [cannabis] 250 shekels, 24 And of cassia 500 shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin: 25 And thou shalt make it an oil of holy anointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil. 26 And thous shalt anoint the tabernacle of the congregation therewith, and the ark of the testimony, 27 And the table and all his vessels, and the candlestick ahd his vessels, and the altar of incense, 28 And the altar of burnt offerings with all his vessels, and the laver and his foot. 29 And thou shalt sanctify them, that they may be most holy: whatsoever toucheth them shall be holy. (Exodus 30:22-29)

He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man and oil to make his face to shineth. (Psalm 104:14-15)

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 11-02-2003 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 02:29 PM   #211
Ruinel
Banned

Re: smokers

Quote:
I think smokers are the most fun and in general overall coolest people i know. Not cuz they do drugs but their personalities. Well let me put it this way... most cool people I know smoke pot. However, many people who smoke pot are broke losers(I include myself here lol)....
I don't think of myself as "cool" or uncool. It has nothing to do with whether or not I smoke pot or not. And I don't consider the people that I smoke pot with either cool or uncool. It's just whether they are good people or not.

Yeah, I'm with you on the "broke loser" pot-head types. I've known a few and managed to avoid being one. When something you enjoy on occasion becomes your only obsession or goal in life (i.e., constantly on the look for a score) then you become a "broke loser" because you aren't really enjoying the rest that life has to offer you. When that happens to you, you lose your identy and begin to conform to a certain stereotype. You live up to the label that that the "hypocritical, judgemental, self-righteous, egotistical... Christians" has for anyone who smokes weed.

I highly recommend that you avoid becoming like that ("broke loser" pot-head type). Because I think you are quite the individual ("square peg" in a "round hole" world, like I told you in pm). Stay strange! And don't let them, or anything you do, take away your individuality.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:59 PM   #212
Sminty_Smeagol

blah

ok can people *cough* stop trying to encourage me or whatever? Not to offend but I dunno. I don't like compliments and artificial encouragement...

but yeah. i know someone who is both a broke loser and a cool person, except for his broke loserishness. he doesnt have a license, every morning he takes his moms car, steals $140 from her bank account, drives to his dealer and gets an ounce... with his moms money and his moms car. Every day. and every day at school he mentions how he cant wait to get home and smoke. Aside from his behavior, as a person he is very interesting. but wow... its a bit extreme. It's confusing.

Personally, I think pot helps me. I've only been doing it recently, but it does help me, I think. I've always been very disorganized and I lose everything... previously, I lost both my test grade essays from english honors before I could finish them and turn them in so I'm failing that class. I was, of course, very angry, and like 'Well if I lose my work anyway, why bother turning it in? Why bother doing any work at all? I'll just tell all my teachers I want 0's in all their classes so they won't bug me to do work anymore' (I get really upset over things sometimes). Then I started smoking... and now I just do the work and if I lose it, who cares? but atleast I'm actually doing it. most of it.... heh
One example of how pot can help slightly psycho people like me.

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 11-02-2003 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:33 PM   #213
azalea
Long lost mooter

I disagree, Sminty, I don't think Ruinel's encouragement was artificial at all, I believe she was being quite sincere.
The fact is that if you make self-depricating comments, people are automatically going to offer advice or encouragement, it's human nature (or socialization, depending on your philosophy, I guess ). If you don't wish to be the recipient of that kind of thing, my suggestion is that you avoid putting personal stuff like that in your posts. Otherwise, you can just expect that someone will respond accordingly, in which case you could just ignore it.
Likewise, if people want to compliment you in their posts, that's their right. You can either accept it graciously or, again, ignore it.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 12:42 AM   #214
Ruinel
Banned

Re: blah

Quote:
ok can people *cough* stop trying to encourage me or whatever? Not to offend but I dunno. I don't like compliments and artificial encouragement...
Like Lizra said. And I'm probably the most least likely person to give a false compliment. O_o Mostly because I hate it when people give that false crap to me. I seem to believe criticism more than compliments from people. I know that's messed up. But that's just me. So, either take what I said or not. It's up to you. *shrugs*
Old 11-03-2003, 10:37 AM   #215
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

I'm not a Christian and I don't follow the bible, so frankly it doesn't matter to me what it says, whether to smoke or not. I follow common sense. Smoking is harmful. Drugs are harmful. Nothing good, whatsoever will come of it... EVER. It's proven. Maybe you feel a brief moment of being calm, happy, high, whatever it is. There are sooo many things one can to that brings about the same effect without drugging you up mentally and
physically. I find it disgusting and rather sad that people resort to such a wasteful thing to bring about some joy in their life.

quote " All the happiness you will ever find lies in you."
It's true.

As for being cool, that's a matter of opinion, but I do not find people who take drugs, smoke, etc... "cool". and I don't think much of their personalities either and yes I do consider them losers.

Sorry, if you don't agree and I understand that you don't like getting advice or compliments. But people only give it to, remember this, HELP. It's not false. So take it or not, but I sincerely hope that you decide wisely on this subject. Think about how it affects all aspect of life, not just yourself. Does it do more good than harm? And think about the future. It is what you make it. So make it good.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 02:15 PM   #216
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvengirl
Drugs are harmful. Nothing good, whatsoever will come of it... EVER. It's proven.
tell that to people with lymphoma or incurable cancer. They would beg to differ.

Drugs (in this case pot) are like anything else in life. It can be fun but it can also be a danger. treat it as such. blanket DRUGS ARE EVIL! statements like that one come off as a joke and immediatly lose credibility to anyone outside the choir you are preaching to. it comes down to knowledge and awareness. use your head. think for yourself. be rational about it. and have fun. thats all.

Old 11-03-2003, 03:46 PM   #217
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Must agree with that: blanket statements are harmful, especially because when you try 'em, and you don't immediately try to fly off a building or murder your family, you realise that it's all a pile of pish.

As a result, we've got and entire culture of totally bogus views about drugs, like the idea that cannabis is harmless with potential medicinal benefits in some conditions like MS.

The reality is that cannabis IS harmful, and the evidence is just starting to appear (e.g. causing psychosis).
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 03:52 PM   #218
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaffer

The reality is that cannabis IS harmful, and the evidence is just starting to appear (e.g. causing psychosis).
psychosis? pot? the true harm of smoking a leaf is physical damage to your lung and intake of carcinogins I would think. which is why for medical use I support a non smokable yet effective mode of delivery. where is this evidence that pot makes you crazy?

Old 11-03-2003, 04:12 PM   #219
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Well, cannabis-induced psychosis is a DSM IV classification (the official diagnostic manual of mental health professionals)

There's a bunch of cohort studies linking cannabis use with depression, anxiety and schizophrenic disorders, e.g.

British Medical Journal article

Genetic liability, illicit drug use, life stress and psychotic symptoms: preliminary findings from the Edinburgh study of people at high risk for schizophrenia, from Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology.

The research is still in its early days, but the bottom line appears to be:
- cannabis use is associated with subsequent mental health problems
(- it seems that the mental health problems don't precede the cannabis use)
- people with existing schizophrenic disorders are more likely to relapse if they take cannabis.
- there isn't any evidence to suggest that moderate cannabis use is a problem, except where there's already a mental health issue.

I think anyone who has got completely out of their gourd will also have experienced some of these sorts of symptoms. I know I have, which is why I stick to taters these days. Well, mostly.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:39 PM   #220
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaffer

I think anyone who has got completely out of their gourd will also have experienced some of these sorts of symptoms. I know I have, which is why I stick to taters these days. Well, mostly.
those suckers are hard to smoke though.