Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-12-2003, 07:21 PM   #1
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
6th Book

Okay I was bored one day and I started thinking about what the 6th book would be about. Please tell me if you think I'm right or any of your thoughts on it.

Everything that JKR has hinted about in the books and in interveiws has made it seem like someone important is going to die. And don't say
Sirus
died because while he was important to Harry and he did
donat his house
he really wasn't that essential to the plot.

Something different is going to have to happen in the next book becasue this narroly escaping from Voldemort alive thing is getting pretty dull. Don't get me I like it it's just getting old. But dumbldore has always showed up in the nick of time to save the day it would make sense for him to go bye-bye. The
mirrior, the one Sirus gave Harry
has something special to do in the next book. Wether it's just he finds the other one and can talk to Ron when ever or he really can talk to
Sirus
is up to JKR. But if he can talk to
Sirus
then that would make seem as though he could talk to his parents too.

It really would be unnerving if someone here guessed right because so far JKR has kept her readers on their toes. Forgive all the spoiler tags there probably not nessecary but I just wanted to be sure.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 07:02 PM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I don't think there should be any fears that the sixth book will be formulaic, given that the situation in the magical world has changed drastically given the last chapter of The Order of the Phoenix. Things are going to happen that simply couldn't have happened earlier.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 10:09 PM   #3
Autumn
Sapling

yes im sure lots will happen in the 6th book to everyone and things will happen we dont expect....

but one thing that is really getting me, even though they somewhat explained this in the 5th book but still, is that harry still hasnt done much. i mean isnt he supposed to be this all powerful wizard? i mean come on, go kick some butt! everything that he ever does he has alot of help from his friends. but anyway....i hope he does alot more in the 6th book and im looking foward to it!!!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 12:43 AM   #4
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Harry hasn't done much, yes, but I think that's the point.

A major cornerstone of his character development during Phoenix is that he thinks, nay, knows he can do something to fight the good fight, but at the same time, he's not allowed to do so. You'll observe that Voldemort takes advantage of exactly this trait - Harry's externally-repressed ambition - in order to lure the kid into a trap.

I would actually speculate that a major subplot in Book Six be that the big Second Wizard War is in full swing, but Harry is still not allowed to do a whole lot about it - and he won't be happy about this.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 10-14-2003, 07:58 PM   #5
Fimbrethil

I was thinking opposite. So JKR is only gonna give him one book to kick butt in? I kinda thought she'd let him do that in this and the last one.

Old 10-14-2003, 09:14 PM   #6
Autumn
Sapling

well no... cause he has the 6th and 7th books to kick butt in. so hopefully he will!!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 05:01 PM   #7
elendili
Elven Warrior

how many books do you think there will be? technically he has only 2 years of schooling left as he does his NEWTs so will the series continue with Harry Potter the auror?

i really wish harry would actually do something in the next book in all his fights with voldemort he sort of falls into it and everything works out for the best it would be far more interesting if he had to work for victory in the next book

"Courage my soul, now learn to wield
The weight of thine immortal shield
Place on thy head thy helmet bright
Ballance thy sword against the fight
See where an army strong as fair
With silken banners spreads the air
Now if thy bee'st that thing divine
In this days combat let it shine:
And shew that nature wants an art
To conqeur one resolved heart"
Andrew Marvell
elendili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 06:07 PM   #8
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

There will only be seven books, and there should only be seven books.

I really hope to see the relationship develop between him and Snape, now that he will probably be more dedicated to the learning of Occlumency. I expect that to be a focus of the next volume.

I seriously don't envision Harry kicking serious butt in the next one significantly more than he did in Phoenix. He's still in school, and you'd think he'd have learned a lesson about intervention considering what ended up happening at the climax of the last one.

One question is, who's next in line for Defense Against the Dark Arts?

Old 10-15-2003, 08:13 PM   #9
Fimbrethil

PLOT TWIST! PLOT TWIST!! I bet Snape gets it!! It makes sense. Ministry not interfering anymore, running out of peolpe to put in the postion any way I'll bet Snape gets it. But that just reminded me do you think Fudge gets throne out of office? And do you think Harry will prove Sirus inocent even though he's dead? It would make sense.

Old 10-15-2003, 09:00 PM   #10
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

My Bff watched a Documentary with JKR in it, it was a HP documentary. JK said people close to Harry would die then she muttered
Ron
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 10:20 PM   #11
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Nah. Too early. I don't expect any of the Big Three to get knocked off until Book Seven, because you really do need all of them working together to carry a book through.

As for Snape: again, I think this sounds like more of a seventh-book kind of event for the sake of thematic completion.

Old 10-16-2003, 05:30 AM   #12
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
One question is, who's next in line for Defense Against the Dark Arts?
I think Dumbledor will take the lesson or at least he will for Harry i think we will see Harry been really challenged in his ability kinda like traning him up can just imgin a bit of rocky music in the backgrond as i read ! With Defence against the Dark Arts i think its time they stoped messing around! Its Snapes or Dumbledors for sure
Old 10-16-2003, 01:27 PM   #13
elendili
Elven Warrior

how about lupin again considering dumbledore's back in charge.

so who do you think will die next?? i hope it's not one of the Weaslys except Percy of course

do you think all the deatheater's kids will go back to hogwart's? it would be weird without the general population of slytherins

"Courage my soul, now learn to wield
The weight of thine immortal shield
Place on thy head thy helmet bright
Ballance thy sword against the fight
See where an army strong as fair
With silken banners spreads the air
Now if thy bee'st that thing divine
In this days combat let it shine:
And shew that nature wants an art
To conqeur one resolved heart"
Andrew Marvell
elendili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 05:02 PM   #14
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Quote:
do you think all the deatheater's kids will go back to hogwart's? it would be weird without the general population of slytherins
That's something I was asking prior to the fifth book, too. I think if they didn't go back to Hogwarts, it would be because they chose to do so, or their parents chose for them. Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle would certainly be allowed back in Hogwarts should they choose to go; my reasoning here is that this is just the way Dumbledore operates. He seems to believe that people are ultimately corrigible.

Old 10-18-2003, 08:45 PM   #15
Fimbrethil

I would be afarid to show me face again at Hogwarts agian. Anyway, what about
Dumbldore's Army
?

Old 10-18-2003, 11:42 PM   #16
Percy Weasley
Enting

Quote:
so who do you think will die next?? i hope it's not one of the Weaslys except Percy of course
I can see the love abounds.

Have you ever considered the idea that I may not be as evil as I may appear? Have you ever considered the fact that Dumbledore trusted me completely when I was at Hogwarts (enough to make me Head Boy, even), and that he is an excellent judge of character?

Things are not always as they seem. Do not write me off as a villain so quickly. I may suprise you.

~~~~~~~~

Howard Dean in 2004!
Percy Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 02:30 PM   #17
Fimbrethil

Hmmm...you seem to be posting as though you (*are really a charater*) know something about the about the books. Do you? Well besides what you know from reading them.

Old 10-19-2003, 03:25 PM   #18
Percy Weasley
Enting

[OUT OF CHARACTER which I DON'T LIKE DOING :P]
You mean do I know what the future will bring, or have an inside scoop on the writing of JK Rowling's books? No, unfortunately not. I'm just a normal reader like you, speculating on what will happen.

That, and an incessent Role Player. It's more fun to post on message boards in character That's all. Wish I had an inside scoop![/OUT OF CHARACTER]

~~~~~~~~

Howard Dean in 2004!
Percy Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 03:54 PM   #19
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

I have not even thought about the sixth book. The fifth was so long in coming (or it just seemed that way)... and I'm expecting an equally lengthy wait for the next one. By the time it comes around I won't hardly care what happens as long as I get to read it!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:35 PM   #20
Fimbrethil

Quote:
Originally posted by Fimbrethil
Anyway, what about
Dumbldore's Army
? [/B]
So any one have any thoughts on the above? And what about Fudge? Anyone have any thoughts on what will happen to him?