Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-06-2000, 01:14 AM   #1
bmilder

Harry Potter

I liked this series a lot. The stories were fun to read and original, and they appeal to pretty much all age groups. I can't wait for the fourth book in the summer and the movie next year!
Old 02-06-2000, 01:22 AM   #2
captain Tarpols

Re: Harry Potter

me too. I have a HP board! :P
Old 03-10-2000, 11:42 PM   #3
Lauren Weasley

OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Me LOVES Harry!! *now really, Lauren, I think they can tell* *cough*

I have a Harry Potter section on my board.
Old 03-11-2000, 12:51 AM   #4
The One Ring

I also enjoyed them very much, even though I'm considered a little old for them. So I just steal my younger brother's copies and read them surreptiously. They're very good, and interesting. However, if any of you have read any books by Dianna Wynne Jones.... you'll notice a few similarities.
Old 03-12-2000, 03:55 AM   #5
bmilder

I can't wait for the movie
Old 03-16-2000, 07:00 AM   #6
Loopy

I'm in my 20's and I love the series. Rowling's writing is so clever! The movie ought to be fun.

I hope Rowling brings back Lupin in another book.
Old 03-24-2000, 12:11 AM   #7
Jaro

I read all three of the books last week and enjoyed them. Very fun to read.
Old 04-13-2000, 03:22 PM   #8
Gwaihir

Can you say "John Bellairs rip off"???? It's obvious that their lifted right from the Bellairs' series which, I believe, is much better.

David
Old 05-29-2000, 10:43 AM   #9
andustar

there have been so many stories that it is claimed she took plots/places/characters/objects out of

i agree with most of them. if you look, you can find many co incidences between harry potter books and other ones. ive also seen articles that shes going to be sued for a few of them, like 'muggles' wich is actually a registered trademark from another series
but that doesn't stop me enjoying the books! shes a very clever writer
Old 05-29-2000, 11:57 PM   #10
bmilder

The new book is coming out in July!
Old 05-30-2000, 03:59 PM   #11
etherealunicorn

I have not yet had the opportunity to read them, though my mother has told me that they are very clever and entertaining. Are they long books, or books that can be read fairly rapidly?
Old 05-30-2000, 07:59 PM   #12
bmilder

Quick reads
Old 06-06-2000, 06:32 PM   #13
etherealunicorn

Harry Potter

Finally got to read one of them. My mother has the third book(?) and I read it last night. Very good book. I enjoyed it very much. Of course, now I have to look for the first two and I will have to try to find the fourth when it is released. Many thanks for the recommendations.
Old 06-18-2000, 02:50 AM   #14
Taimar

I think the Harry Potter books are the best children`s books that have been released for years. My nine year old daughter must have read them a dozen times time since Christmas. BTW, if anyone is feeling charitable you could visit her HP website at :

www.fortunecity.co.uk/lib...ccourt/77/

It has only been online since June 10 this year and if you sent her an e-mail telling her how good it is she would be thrilled.

Ok shameless plug over, sorry!
Old 06-18-2000, 03:09 AM   #15
IronParrot

My brother just got the whole set. I'm going to read them as soon as I'm done my current novel.
Old 06-20-2000, 01:02 AM   #16
bmilder

IronParrot

You can read more than one book at once, you know!
Old 07-01-2000, 06:50 PM   #17
Taimar

The new HP book will be called Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It is published on July 8th.
Old 08-06-2000, 04:42 AM   #18
Gwaihir

I don't mean to criticize you in any way, but I'd suggest you change the color of your text. I had to wear sunglasses just to keep from going blind!

David
Old 02-05-2001, 08:11 PM   #19
IronParrot

I decided to start reading these last week... got quite engrossed in them, too. By tonight I'll be finished with Goblet of Fire - I'm near the end.

As for the upcoming movie - I'm just wondering how they're actually going to show a game of Quidditch on screen.
Old 02-05-2001, 11:37 PM   #20
Lief Erikson

Personally, I'm not really looking forwards to the movie. I really enjoyed the books, but I prefer my own ideas of how they look, and they can't possibly have all of the different humorous details in the film. I will watch it, though, and I hope it's good.

I am looking forward to book 5 coming out though. Any information on that would be most welcome.