Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2004, 01:09 PM   #1
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
If she is a prefect, she'd know it in the summer, and she can't "study" to be a prefect, Lizra.
Well.... thank you for sharing that tidbit of info with me Rad! So like Siri says, she's thinking about OWLS.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:57 PM   #2
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

So who's the next person who predicts the 5 next chapters?
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I thought Sirigorn was going to..... I'll read anyone's though....
Old 07-20-2004, 08:58 AM   #4
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

"Harry Potter and The Sixth Book" update. Debate points needing to be resolved posted at end.

(Chapter 1-5 originally posted by Fimbrethil)

Chap. 1: At the Dursely's, Harry whines some about being stuck there. We find out what it is Dudley saw. (Most likley something about his dad not being proud of him or...the world's supply of ice cream runs out for years.) Harry's dream of Lord Moldy Shorts are renewed and he is pissed.

Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life sucks. (JKR said that this book would be the shortest summer at the Dursely's.) Lupin comes to Privet Drive and takes Harry to the Order of the Phoenix headquarters. We find out that Krecher has left Grimald Place to work for Narcissa Malfoy, since he technically belongs to her. But Kreacher is strictly forbidden to divulge any secrets about the OoTP. Yoou know, it might be interesting to have some sort of "house elf battle/show down" between Dobby and Kreacher.....I wonder what they might try to do to each other, with their "house elf magic"?

Chap. 3: Harry is filled in, and fills in his friends, and maybe they try out some advanced magic they've each learned over the summer. Harry gives the shattered two-way mirror from Sirius to a very curious Hermione. We find out that Harry is the new Gryffindor quidditch captin. Harry's OWLS scores are as follows:

Charms- O
Transfiguration- EE
Herbology- EE
Defense Against the Dark Arts- O+
Potions- scraps an O
Care of Magical Creatures- EE
Divination- P
Astonomy- P
History oMagic - P

(Remember, it's Outstanding (O), Exceeds Expectations (EE), Acceptable (A), Poor (P), Dreadful (D) and Troll (T).)

Harry's classes this year are:

Defense against the Dark Arts
Transfigurations
Charms
Potions
........and......??????.......

Chap. 4: Harry learns somthing about his family and/or Sirius he didn't know before. ......(WHAT???? ).....Dumbledore comes and apolgizes again for not telling Harry of the prophecy, and he and Harry are buddy buddy once more. We hear about what Lord Moldy Shorts has been doing. ......(WHAT????? ) ...... We see Neville and learn (for a fact now) that his role has changed simply by the fact that his is invited to the Order Headquarters. Thus Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)

Chap. 5: They go get their books They visit Fred and George's shop. We also learn that their shop has been successful (with some minor, comedy infused problems. Go ahead and make us laugh if you have any ideas here! ) and the twins are definitely not returning to Hogwarts.. Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy, with new and more evil/angry mother. They do/say somthing VERY nasty and/or threatning, and rather ominous too!

(chapters 6-10 originally posted by Lizra)

Chap. 6: Sirius's will is read. Sirius made sure to update it and include Harry as his heir. It was very important to him. As a result, Harry inherits Grimmauld place. Harry is thrilled to have his godfather's home.

Chap.7: Professor Snape is finally allowed to become the instructor for Defense against the Dark Arts. He starts the dueling club up again, and always seems to set up Harry, Ron and Hermione in dangerous, stressful duels. Things are getting quite touchy and personal between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Prof Snape seems to thrive on it.

Chapt. 8: Harry's dreams are being invaded by Voldemort, and Harry actually has a spell during the Halloween party where he starts spouting parsel tongue, terrifying everyone, and himself! Dumbledore brings in a MoM expert (......any ideas??.....) to continue Harry's very important occlumency lessons.

Chap. 9: Ginny Weasley has matured greatly over the summer, and Harry notices and developes a crush. Now it's his turn to act awkwardly around her! Ginny is preoccupied with her upcoming OWLS and doesn't appear to notice Harrys new attitude towards her.....yet....

Chap. 10: Several muggle-born Hogwarts students vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds by Voldemort supporters. Where the muggleborn students are being transported to is unknown. This "problem" is kept hush hush, and the students dissappearance is explained as an "exchange transfer" with the other schools mention in GoF. Hagrid has his hands full trying to keep some of the creatures in the forest safe, and his giant half brother is suspected as a trouble maker.

OK......Areas that need "cleaning up" before moving on.

Chapter 1....let's be specific and decide what Dudley worst memory was, exactly what flashed through his mind during his Dementor attack.

Chapter 3......what are Harry's elective classes this year?

Chapter 4.......What does Harry "learn" about his family that he didn't know before, and...... "what has Voldemort been doing?" (Do we want to cut to a revealing scene between Voldemort and his deatheaters, sort of like the scene between V and Pettigrew at the beginning of GoF?) Also, maybe a mention of what magical creatures are siding up with Voldemort for the "war"? This Chapter might be the place to introduce the "half-blood prince" bit, if we want to pursue it.

Chapter 8.......still wondering who is teaching Harry occlemency....do you like my suggestion of a new character from MoM doing this? How should we write this character, friend or foe?

And most important.....Do we want to go with the "Half-blood Prince title, and introduce our speculation on this theme? Possible suggestions I've read for the HbP are Tom Riddle, Hagrid, Colin Creevey, or someone new. Who? Who? (I sound like Hedwig eh?? )

Radagast the Brown has asked me to post the next 5 chapters, but I just posted the last five!! I will if nobody else is up to it.....

Important things to include (IMO) Fawkes role, Neville's parents and the gum wrappers perhaps , other magical creatures, the whole half-blood prince thing and of couse, The Prophecy- Harry and Neville. Speak up fans!!

Last edited by Lizra : 07-20-2004 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:41 PM   #5
azalea
Long lost mooter

I thought I'd try to join, as I'm on OOtP right now (and I already read the end.) I may not do very well, but it looks like fun. Plus, as I am a huge Snape fan, I have an interesting, though unlikely, side-storyline for him in book 7. It probably won't make the cut, but I'll share it with you guys anyway when the time comes. I have a few thoughts about these:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
OK......Areas that need "cleaning up" before moving on.

Chapter 1....let's be specific and decide what Dudley worst memory was, exactly what flashed through his mind during his Dementor attack.

Chapter 3......what are Harry's elective classes this year?

Chapter 4.......What does Harry "learn" about his family that he didn't know before, and...... "what has Voldemort been doing?" (Do we want to cut to a revealing scene between Voldemort and his deatheaters, sort of like the scene between V and Pettigrew at the beginning of GoF?) Also, maybe a mention of what magical creatures are siding up with Voldemort for the "war"? This Chapter might be the place to introduce the "half-blood prince" bit, if we want to pursue it.

Chapter 8.......still wondering who is teaching Harry occlemency....do you like my suggestion of a new character from MoM doing this? How should we write this character, friend or foe?

And most important.....Do we want to go with the "Half-blood Prince title, and introduce our speculation on this theme? Possible suggestions I've read for the HbP are Tom Riddle, Hagrid, Colin Creevey, or someone new. Who? Who? (I sound like Hedwig eh?? )

Radagast the Brown has asked me to post the next 5 chapters, but I just posted the last five!! I will if nobody else is up to it.....

Important things to include (IMO) Fawkes role, Neville's parents and the gum wrappers perhaps , other magical creatures, the whole half-blood prince thing and of couse, The Prophecy- Harry and Neville. Speak up fans!!
1. Dudley's worst memory -- maybe the pig-tail?
2. I think the half-blood prince will be a new character, or as someone said, if he has been in previous books, it was only a mention. Every other title has refered to something "new," unmentioned in the previous books (with the exception of Azkaban, but there had been no mention of Sirius).
3. I think Dumbledore will teach him if he is able. I think that the quotes Lizra gave indicate that. Otherwise, someone new is likely.

Since I haven't read the whole book yet (OOtP), I'm not ready to take on the next 5 ch. (gum wrappers mean nothing to me at this point), but I will participate by debating someone else's until I've finished, then I'll take 5.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 12:12 AM   #6
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

How nice Azalea! I'm a little busy this week, trying to make some art happen.......Hang tight Rad, though my next 5 might not be worth the wait Really Radagast, if you have some ideas, don't be shy!
Old 07-31-2004, 08:41 AM   #7
azalea
Long lost mooter

I'm almost finished with OotP, and I have some predictions, but they aren't in any chapter order. Would it be okay to just list them and then they can be included with whatever chapter they seem to fit (if the majority agrees they're possible, that is)? Well, since I'm an admin now, I guess I can just go ahead and do that without waiting for an answer! If it's a problem, I'll adjust it.

I think Crookshanks is an animagus, but I'm not sure of whom (maybe Dumbledore, but Crookshanks seems to be around a lot, and certainly Dumbledore wouldn't have that kind of time. But it makes some sense because he could be watching Harry, and perhaps as an animal, he would be harder for Voldie to detect)
I also think Neville's toad (Trevor) is one, but I'm not sure about that, and I can't think who it would be but his grandmother. I wonder if the vulture on her hat is her late husband? A vulture is an odd decoration for a hat.

I think SPEW will succeed, or at least that at the end the house elves will be free.
I think someone will get vanishing sickness (I don't know why, but it just sounds like an interesting illness that would serve some purpose and make for an interesting sub-plot).

This is less of a prediction than an observation, but it may be highlighted at some point if it was intentional -- I think that Harry's inability to control his anger (to shut off his emotions, IOW) when he's taking occlumency (and in terms of his connection to Voldie) mirrors Ron's inability to ignore the Slytherins when on the Quiddich field. Harry is described as observing Ron's inability to ignore them a couple of times, but when he is told by Snape to shut off his emotions, he is unable to get his anger toward Snape under control in order to succeed at his lessons. These to me are very similar situations (and from another view, it's like The Empire Strikes Back -- "Luke, let go of your hate" ). This may not be the right thread to discuss this, but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Finally, I think that when Harry graduates, he'll get the Defense Against the Dark Arts job. I don't know if Dumbledore will die or not, but I think it would make for some interesting future sequels (assuming JKR decides to extend the Harry Potter franchise into further adventures at Hogwarts), and would allow Harry's relationship with the teachers to continue, etc.

So what do you think?
Old 07-31-2004, 09:27 AM   #8
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I think that's very interesting Azalea, especially all the animal bits. Is the vulture alive?(on the hat?) I always imagined it as a stuffed decoration...what a muggle I am! I have been much too busy to do anything with predictions (sorry Rad) so the game is open. I'm trying to think of Voldemorts plan/approach this time out...but it could be anything (well, the hand or whatever that thing was from Knockturn alley and giants keep sticking in my mind).
Old 08-06-2004, 01:21 AM   #9
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Prediction Game book update:

Chap. 1: At the Dursely's, Harry whines some about being stuck there. We find out what it is Dudley saw during his previous Dementor attack. Harry's dreams of Lord Moldy Shorts are renewed and he is pissed.

Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life sucks. (JKR said that this book would be the shortest summer at the Dursely's.) Lupin comes to Privet Drive and takes Harry to the Order of the Phoenix headquarters. We find out that Krecher has left Grimald Place to work for Narcissa Malfoy, since he technically belongs to her. But Kreacher is strictly forbidden to divulge any secrets about the OotP.

Chap. 3: Harry is filled in, and fills in his friends, and maybe they try out some advanced magic they've each learned over the summer. Harry gives the shattered two-way mirror from Sirius to a very curious Hermione. We find out that Harry is the new Gryffindor quidditch captin. Harry's OWLS scores are as follows:

Charms- O
Transfiguration- EE
Herbology- EE
Potions- scraps an O
Divination- P
Astonomy- P
History oMagic - P

(Remember, it's Outstanding (O), Exceeds Expectations (EE), Acceptable (A), Poor (P), Dreadful (D) and Troll (T).)

Some of Harry's classes this year are:

Transfigurations
Charms
Potions

Chap. 4: Harry learns somthing about his family and/or Sirius he didn't know before. Dumbledore comes and apolgizes again for not telling Harry of the prophecy, and he and Harry are buddy buddy once more. We hear about what Lord Moldy Shorts has been doing. We see Neville and learn (for a fact now) that his role has changed simply by the fact that his is invited to the Order Headquarters. Thus Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)

Chap. 5: They go get their books They visit Fred and George's shop. We also learn that their shop has been quite successful, and the twins are definitely not returning to Hogwarts. Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy, with new and more evil/angry mother. They do/say somthing VERY nasty and/or threatning, and rather ominous too!

Chap. 6: Sirius's will is read. Sirius made sure to update it and include Harry as his heir. It was very important to him. As a result, Harry inherits Grimmauld place. Harry is thrilled to have his godfather's home.

Chap.7: Professor Snape is finally allowed to become the instructor for Defense against the Dark Arts. He starts the dueling club up again, and always seems to set up Harry, Ron and Hermione in dangerous, stressful duels. Things are getting quite touchy and personal between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Prof Snape seems to thrive on it.

Chapt. 8: Harry's dreams are being invaded by Voldemort, and Harry actually has a spell during the Halloween party where he starts spouting parsel tongue, terrifying everyone, and himself! Dumbledore brings in a MoM expert to continue Harry's very important occlumency lessons.

Chap. 9: Ginny Weasley has matured greatly over the summer, and Harry notices and developes a crush. Now it's his turn to act awkwardly around her! Ginny is preoccupied with her upcoming OWLS and doesn't appear to notice Harrys new attitude towards her.....yet....

Chap. 10: Several muggle-born Hogwarts students vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds by Voldemort supporters. Where the muggleborn students are being transported to is unknown. This "problem" is kept hush hush, and the students dissappearance is explained as an "exchange transfer" with the other schools mention in GoF. Hagrid has his hands full trying to keep some of the creatures in the forest safe, and his giant half brother is suspected as a trouble maker.

Lot's left vague, ready for chapters 15-20!

Last edited by Lizra : 08-06-2004 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:27 PM   #10
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Thanks muchly Lizra! As I'm being kicked of the computer by the evil, cruel older sister soon (Just kidding!) I'm printing that out and going to work on it!
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 03:32 PM   #11
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Right. I've been working on it, and I have a few things dealing with the recap I need to ask before I post it-

Chapter 3: You mention them practicing magic, but as they are still underage, that's illegal. We should just get rid of that part I think.

Chapter 4: Maybe what Harry finds out is what his parents did for a living. Aurors, maybe? And what Voldie's 'been up to' could just be standard stuff (for him)- getting followers and attacking Muggle-born familes. And with Neville, maybe he and/or his grandma were in danger, so they were taken to hide in the HQ?

Chapter 5: I have a new idea for this chapter- I was thinking and I thought Snape should only teach DADA in the 7th book, so maybe he meets his new teacher here? He always meets the teacher before school, or at least hears about him, so maybe during the Malfoy/Harry cofrontaion, the new teacher shows up and breaks it up? Maybe he’s the HBP as well.

Chapter 6: In addition to leaving the house to Harry, he could also leave it to Remus. In that train of thought, I figured that maybe he could appoint Remus as Harry's gaurdian.

Chapter 7: If we're going to do what I said, with another DADA teacher, we need to introduce him here.

Chapter 8: Harry's occlumency teacher could be the DADA teacher, if, once again, Snape doesn't get it.

Chapter 9: We need more than him starting to like Ginny. Maybe something happens in a class or something like that?

Chapter 10: With the disappearences, are they all at once, or one by one? Also, does Hermione disappear along with them?

Sorry for all the questions, but it has to do with the plot...

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 08-06-2004, 07:00 PM   #12
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Let's see....

Chapter 3....They practiced stuff when they were in Dumbledore's Army didn't they? If they can't do it (practice magic) that's fine, no biggie....but tell me how they could practice last book?

Chpt 4....The Aurors bit is good with me. I would like more elaborate ideas for Voldemort, (sort of like the early bit in GoF) but Fim wanted to keep it sort of vague.... Standard stuff is okay, but a little boring IMO, and frankly, a bit unbelievable. The war has started! I would imagine Voldemort and his Deatheater's have been busy with a grand plan. Of course, this chapter doesn't have to be the one where it starts to show.....but maybe a little hint!?

Chapt 5....If you want a "new" teacher, I think you need to tell us who he/she is and describe them a little. I liked Snape, but if you can produce an exciting substitute, I'm ready to read it! I don't want to be vague about the DADA teacher though...we have to *commit* in someplaces.

Chapt 6...This could work I suppose.....

Chapt 10...just a few random dissapearances, maybe a "minor character" muggle born from each house...with Gryffindor being the last one left, and Ron going freaky cause he thinks it might be Hermione next.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:45 PM   #13
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Prediction Game book update:

Chap. 1: At the Dursely's, Harry whines some about being stuck there. We find out what it is Dudley saw during his previous Dementor attack. Harry's dreams of Lord Moldy Shorts are renewed and he is pissed.

Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life sucks. (JKR said that this book would be the shortest summer at the Dursely's.) Lupin comes to Privet Drive and takes Harry to the Order of the Phoenix headquarters. We find out that Krecher has left Grimald Place to work for Narcissa Malfoy, since he technically belongs to her. But Kreacher is strictly forbidden to divulge any secrets about the OotP.

Charms- O
Transfiguration- EE
Herbology- EE
Potions- scraps an O
Divination- P
Astonomy- P
History oMagic - P

Transfigurations
Charms
Potions

Chap. 4: Harry learns that his parents were both Aurors. Dumbledore comes and apolgizes again for not telling Harry of the prophecy, and he and Harry are buddy buddy once more. We hear that Voldemort has been busy attracting followers and attacking muggle born families. We see Neville and learn that he and his grandmother have been staying at the Order Headquarters, becuase they are in danger from the Deatheaters. Thus, Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)

Chap. 5: They go get their books They visit Fred and George's shop. We also learn that their shop has been quite successful, and the twins are definitely not returning to Hogwarts. Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy, with new and more evil/angry mother. They do/say somthing VERY nasty and/or threatning, and rather ominous too! They find out the new DADA teacher is going to be _____________,_________,________.

Chap. 6: Sirius's will is read. Sirius made sure to update it and included Harry as his heir. It was very important to him. As a result, Harry inherits Grimmauld place. Harry is thrilled to have his godfather's home. Sirius also took care to have Remus appointed Harry's guardian..

Chap.7: Professor Snape starts the dueling club up again, and always seems to set up Harry, Ron and Hermione in dangerous, stressful duels. Things are getting quite touchy and personal between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Prof Snape seems to thrive on it. (You who are creating the DADA instructor could mention here, how Snape gets along with this person...if it is of any consequence.)

Chapt. 8: Harry's dreams are being invaded by Voldemort, and Harry actually has a spell during the Halloween party where he starts spouting parsel tongue, terrifying everyone, and himself! The new DADA professor is instructed to continue Harry's very important occlumency lessons.

Chap. 9: Ginny Weasley has matured greatly over the summer, and Harry notices and developes a crush. Now it's his turn to act awkwardly around her! Ginny is preoccupied with her upcoming OWLS and doesn't appear to notice Harrys new attitude towards her, till an incident in class where........?

Chap. 10: Several muggle-born Hogwarts students ( to date, a Hufflepuff, a Ravenclaw, and a Slytherin) vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds by Voldemort supporters. Where the muggleborn students are being transported to is unknown. This "problem" is kept hush hush, but Hagrid accidently "spills the beans" when he overhears Ron freaking out because he thinks Hermione will be next.

Hagrid also has his hands full trying to keep the creatures in the forest safe, and his giant half brother is suspected as a trouble maker.

Discussion anyone?

Last edited by Lizra : 08-07-2004 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:38 PM   #14
azalea
Long lost mooter

#3: There is still the problem of underage magic, though. Was Diagon Alley a mistake, maybe? I think we should just forget them practicing magic outside of Hogwarts. There'll be enough practicing if they continue the Dueling Club.

#5: I like the idea of an exotic DADA teacher (although I still like Snape doing it, but it seems unlikely since we don't know why Dumbledore didn't let him have it before). Maybe he could be foreign (if Indian -- Professor Chaudry, which is a common Indian name, or maybe he could be from Africa) and have all sorts of unusual ways of doing things, that conflict with the Hogwarts routines and traditions thus making the other teachers annoyed, but the students like him and start imitating him and this causes all kinds of wacky fun. Then he gets killed by Death Eaters or something whilst trying to defend Hermione from being taken by them (assuming that's whose making the Muggle-borns disappear --although I think that whole thing is too close to what happened in CoS where they were being petrified. Maybe they could be getting vanishing sickness! ).

#6: I don't know that thrilled would describe Harry's reaction to inheriting G. Place -- remember what it was like with all the screaming pictures and stuff? That could provide some interesting material, though. Also, I think he'll still have to return to the Dursleys, because of the protection, and remember our book 7 thing about Petunia -- we still have to "go" there. I like the idea of Lupin as his guardian, and I like the idea that he could live at G. Place, and Harry could go there over the other holidays like in book 5.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:42 PM   #15
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Chap. 3- I thought that we should drop the magic also, but they have a point. I'm still voting for dropping it, though.

Chap. 5- Professor Chaudry sounds good, then. I like the idea about the wacky fun, too! But I think that maybe he should be really strict in lessons, but he kind of involves himself in their lives outside of lessons? Because, really, in the situation they're in, it would be good if someone's strict in that class, or they'd never learn as much, or get the lesson as well, as if he was strict. Some of my teachers were like that- they were strict while teaching, but everyone liked them anyway because all the rest of the time they were really friendly and stuff.

Chap. 6- We are sending Harry to the Dursleys. In the first few chapters. But JKR said that would be his shortest summer there, so we made him go pretty quickly.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Last edited by sirigorn : 08-07-2004 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:42 PM   #16
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Chap. 10: Several muggle-born Hogwarts students ( to date, a Hufflepuff, a Ravenclaw, and a Slytherin) vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds by Voldemort supporters. Where the muggleborn students are being transported to is unknown. This "problem" is kept hush hush, but Hagrid accidently "spills the beans" when he overhears Ron freaking out because he thinks Hermione will be next.Discussion anyone?
Why would there be a muggle born Slytherin? Lizra my dear you need to brush up on your houses and who they will and will not teach.
Do oyu really think Harry would go for a Slytherin though? After all he's been through.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 10:57 PM   #17
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Do oyu really think Harry would go for a Slytherin though? After all he's been through.
No, not really. But Lizra asked!
Quote:
Why would there be a muggle born Slytherin? Lizra my dear you need to brush up on your houses and who they will and will not teach.
Why not? They never have to tell the other people in their house that they're muggleborn. The sorting hat sorts by your personality, not by who your parents were. If there's a muggleborn that doesn't really fit any other house and is cunning/ambitious, I don't see why they couldn't go into Slytherin. I for one am a Slytherin, but I think all that 'pureblood' stuff is BS. And I'm not even muggleborn (duh, or I wouldn't be here!), I'm muggle!

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 08-12-2004, 08:17 AM   #18
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Book update:

Chap. 1: At the Dursely's, Harry whines about being stuck there. We find out what Dudley saw during his previous Dementor attack. Harry's dreams of Lord Moldy Shorts are renewed and he is pissed.

Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life sucks. (JKR said that this book would be the shortest summer at the Dursely's.) Lupin comes to Privet Drive and takes Harry to the Order of the Phoenix headquarters. We find out that Kreacher has left Grimald Place to work for Narcissa Malfoy, since he technically belongs to her. But Kreacher is strictly forbidden to divulge any secrets about the OotP.

Charms- O
Transfiguration- EE
Herbology- EE
Potions- scraps an O
Divination- P
Astonomy- P
History oMagic - P

Transfigurations
Charms
Potions

Chap. 4: Harry learns that his parents were both Aurors. Dumbledore comes and apolgizes again for not telling Harry of the prophecy, and he and Harry are buddy buddy once more. We hear that Voldemort has been busy attracting followers and attacking muggle born families. We see Neville and learn that he and his grandmother have been staying at the Order Headquarters, because they are in serious danger from the Deatheaters. Thus, Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)

Chap. 5: They go get their books They visit Fred and George's shop. The shop has been quite successful, and the twins are definitely not returning to Hogwarts. Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy, with new and more evil/angry mother. They do/say somthing VERY nasty and/or threatning, and rather ominous too! They find out the new DADA teacher is
Professor Chaudry, from India. He has unusual ways of doing things, that conflict with the Hogwarts routines and traditions, thus making the other teachers somewhat annoyed. But the students like him and start imitating him ....causing all kinds of wacky fun! Prof Chaudry is really strict in lessons, but he often involves himself with the students lives outside of lessons.

Chap. 6: Sirius's will is read. Sirius made sure to update it and included Harry as his heir. It was very important to him. As a result, Harry inherits Grimmauld place. Harry is thrilled to have his godfather's home. Sirius also took care to have Remus appointed Harry's guardian..

Chap.7: Professor Snape starts the dueling club up again, and always seems to set up Harry, Ron and Hermione in dangerous, stressful duels. Things are getting quite touchy and personal between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Prof Snape seems to thrive on it. Prof Chaudry's unusual ways of doing things causes conflicts in the dueling club also.

Chapt. 8: Harry's dreams are being invaded by Voldemort, and Harry actually has a spell during the Halloween party where he starts spouting parsel tongue, terrifying everyone, and himself! Prof Chaudry is instructed to continue Harry's very important occlumency lessons.

Chap. 9: Ginny Weasley has matured greatly over the summer, and Harry notices and developes a crush. Now it's his turn to act awkwardly around her! Ginny is preoccupied with her upcoming OWLS and doesn't appear to notice Harrys new attitude towards her.

Chap. 10: Several muggle-born Hogwarts students ( to date, a Hufflepuff, and a Ravenclaw) vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds by Voldemort supporters. Where the muggleborn students are being transported to is unknown. This "problem" is kept hush hush, but Hagrid accidently "spills the beans" when he overhears Ron freaking out because he thinks Hermione (Gryffindor) will be next.
Hagrid also has his hands full trying to keep the creatures in the forest safe, and his giant half brother is suspected as a trouble maker.

Chapter 11- The MoM is making a full search for the missing Muggleborn students, but they are keeping it very secret, as it's not supposed to be widely known. Harry dreams about Voldie and the disappearences, so he goes to Dumbledore to tell him about it, but then he realises that Voldie will have known about the dream so it wouldn't do much good anyway.

Chapter 12- Hermione is trying to improve inter-House relationships because once agian that's what the Sorting Hat said. Ron doesn't like that and/or doesn't believe her and they have a big fight. They refuse to talk to each other.

Chapter 13- Hermione suceeds in her plan. Blaise Zabini (A Slytherin girl) goes to the OotP side (Or says she does!). Ron doesn't trust her, but Dumbledore says he should. Blaise and Harry strike up a bit of a friendship through their mutual interest in Quidditch broom handling techniques. Ginny becomes a little jealous, putting Harry in the "hot spot" with the ladies.

Chapter 14- Hagrid takes the Trio to visit Grawp again. He says he's become much better behaved over the summer. Amazingly, they find he has. They have a (semi) intelligent conversation with him, but it's like he was a small child.

Chapter 15- A Quidditch match, vs. Slytherin. Malfoy has a Firebolt. He keeps cheating so Gryffindor gets lots of penalty shots. Ginny is a Chaser and she's really good and Ron is still keeper, but he's improved, so have the new beaters. Unfortunately the Gryffindor team isn't very experienced, and they are tied with Slytherin. Then Harry gets the Snitch and Gryffindor wins, but the game is very close. Blaise is impressed with Harry's skill, complimenting him.... much to Ginny's annoyment. Ginny joins her brother Ron in the distrust of the "good" Slytherin.

Disscussion???

Last edited by Lizra : 08-13-2004 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:32 PM   #19
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I think we should keep some things open, only because we just don't know enough.

But if there's a new one, a new character, I think he/she should be kind of a foe, because almost in every book there's the 'annual mean character' like Umbridge or Lockheart.

I beleive there sohlud be a new plan of Voldemort... which we should start to think of right now, and make so hints about it in these chapters. Like in every book.
I also think the idea of mgical creatures is very good. Maybe the Giants? Or Goblins, even.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote