Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-15-2004, 08:19 PM   #1
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Oh! That guy! Yeah, I could see Dung getting knocked off! Let me get OotP too. Dung could be carrying some interesting object when he gets killed also.....maybe a port key (is that what those things you touch and get instantly zapped somewhere are called?) and a DE unknowingly gets sent somewhere interesting....

Now...the professor who teaches Defense Against the Dark Arts doesn't HAVE to die, Snape will survive...and I don't really want to kill Moody off either! Dung can go tho!

Last edited by Lizra : 06-15-2004 at 10:45 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 09:13 PM   #2
Minielin
Elven Warrior

Q

Hope it's not too late to join in this, I'd like to...

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Hermione convinces Harry to allow Kreacher (the old house elf?) to go where he choses, and to take several posessions with him. Kreacher takes the screaming portrait of Sirius's mother and a few other odd items and goes to Narcissa Malfoy. Harry is thrilled to have his godfather's home and doesn't care.
I think Harry will want to kill Kreacher, despite his common sense telling him he shouldn't want to. But since Sirius is *sob* dead, and he was already working for Narcissa, wouldn't he just revert to her by default anyway?

Quote:
Chap.7: Professor Snape is finally allowed to become the instructor for Defense against the Dark Arts.
If he does DADA, who does Potions? Maybe one of the Order people? Lupin won't come back, maybe Moody does it. Or Moody does DADA and Snape stays in Potions until the 7th book?
In dark green ivy, and among wild larches?"

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum.
Minielin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 10:51 PM   #3
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Re: Q

Quote:
Originally posted by Minielin
Hope it's not too late to join in this, I'd like to...

I think Harry will want to kill Kreacher, despite his common sense telling him he shouldn't want to. But since Sirius is *sob* dead, and he was already working for Narcissa, wouldn't he just revert to her by default anyway?

If he does DADA, who does Potions? Maybe one of the Order people? Lupin won't come back, maybe Moody does it. Or Moody does DADA and Snape stays in Potions until the 7th book?
Welcome to the fan fic outline game Minielin!

I see Harry being so depressed about Sirius, that he is numb, and doesn't care about Kreacher...it doesn't matter....revenge won't bring Sirius back. However he gets there, Kreacher goes to work for the Death Eaters. I hope he doesn't have any valuable secrets to divulge!

I like the idea of Snape stepping out and doing something different in our book! Mrs Weasley could do potions! (or Moody, or a witch from one of those other schools that were metioned in GoF... )

Last edited by Lizra : 06-15-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:11 PM   #4
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Chap. 1: At the Dursely's. Harry whines some about being stuck there. We find out what it is Dudley saw.(Most likley something about his dad not being proub of him or...the world's supply of ice cream runs out for years.) Harry's dream of Lord Moldy Shorts are renewed and he is pissed.

Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life sucks. (JKR said that this book would be the shortest summer at the Dursely's.) Someone comes (Lupin) and takes Harry to the Order. We find out that Krecher has left for NArcissa since he does technically belong to her. But before Sirius he forbad(sp?) Krecher to tell anyone anyhting about the order.(JKR has got somthing more planned for this and I don't know what it is but that sounds about right.)

Chap. 3: Harry is filled in and fills in his friends and maybe they try some advanced magic for the DA. Somthing with the mirrior.(I'm goning to leave that one vague, unless someone else has an idea) We find out who the new quidditch captin is (Harry most likly). What his scores are and that bomded his History of Magic OWL...(which one was it he oculdn't concentrat on? History of Magic?).

Chap. 4: Harry learns somthing about his family and/or Sirius he didn't know before. Dumbldore comes and apolgives(sp?) and he and Harry are buddy buddy once more. We hear about what Lord Moldy Shorts has been doing. Possibly: We see Neville and learn (for a fact now) that his role has changed simply by the fact that his is invited to the Order Headquarters. Thus Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)

Chap. 5: They go get their books They vist Fred and George's shop, we find out (or rather the other charaters find out) that it was Harry who gave them the money to start the shop. We also learn whether or not they will go back ot finish their last year(most likly no). Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy with new and more evil mother. They somthing nasty and/or threatning and rather ominous too.
Ok Lizra...I stole some of your ideas becasue I thought they should introduced in the first chapters. Sorry. You need to say stuff about them getting on the train and arriving at Hogwarts. But that should be your last chapter I think. And then Sirigorn or Minielin cna take over the school year form there. I'll try to get on the Entmoot tomorrow for some last min. ideas or comment but I don't know if I'll be able to. What do you guysthink about my rewritten chapters?
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:05 PM   #5
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

It's good. I'll do the next batch. Soon.

And Minielin, glad to have you! Since Fim's leaving, there would only be two people left... not very exciting.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:19 PM   #6
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

What happened to Radagast! I and the childrens are off to run errands ....getting OotP at the Thorntown Library is on the list!

Darn! All three copies of OotP were checked out!

Last edited by Lizra : 06-18-2004 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:41 PM   #7
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
I'm sorry. Maybe you can get it later. But do you guys like the way I redid those chapters? Is redid a word? Oh well. I've got to go but if you guys can get more people to join. Well....I've got to go have a great summer!
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 10:32 AM   #8
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Sooo... we have...

Chap. 1: At the Dursely's. Harry whines some about being stuck there. We find out what it is Dudley saw.(Most likley something about his dad not being proub of him or...the world's supply of ice cream runs out for years.) Harry's dream of Lord Moldy Shorts are renewed and he is pissed.

Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life sucks. (JKR said that this book would be the shortest summer at the Dursely's.) Someone comes (Lupin) and takes Harry to the Order. We find out that Krecher has left for NArcissa since he does technically belong to her. But before Sirius he forbad(sp?) Krecher to tell anyone anyhting about the order.(JKR has got somthing more planned for this and I don't know what it is but that sounds about right.)

Chap. 3: Harry is filled in and fills in his friends and maybe they try some advanced magic for the DA. Somthing with the mirrior.(I'm goning to leave that one vague, unless someone else has an idea) We find out who the new quidditch captin is (Harry most likly). What his scores are and that bomded his History of Magic OWL...(which one was it he oculdn't concentrat on? History of Magic?).

Chap. 4: Harry learns somthing about his family and/or Sirius he didn't know before. Dumbldore comes and apolgives(sp?) and he and Harry are buddy buddy once more. We hear about what Lord Moldy Shorts has been doing. Possibly: We see Neville and learn (for a fact now) that his role has changed simply by the fact that his is invited to the Order Headquarters. Thus Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)

Chap. 5: They go get their books They vist Fred and George's shop, we find out (or rather the other charaters find out) that it was Harry who gave them the money to start the shop. We also learn whether or not they will go back ot finish their last year(most likly no). Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy with new and more evil mother. They somthing nasty and/or threatning and rather ominous too.

Chap. 6: Sirius's will is read. Sirius made sure to update it and include Harry as his heir. It was very important to him. As a result, Harry inherits Grimmauld place. Hermione convinces Harry to allow Kreacher (the old house elf?) to go where he choses, and to take several posessions with him. Kreacher takes the screaming portrait of Sirius's mother and a few other odd items and goes to Narcissa Malfoy. Harry is thrilled to have his godfather's home and doesn't care.

Chap.7: Professor Snape is finally allowed to become the instructor for Defense against the Dark Arts. He starts the dueling club up again, and always seems to set up Harry, Ron and Hermione in dangerous, stressful duels. Things are getting quite touchy and personal between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Prof Snape seems to thrive on it.

Chapt. 8: Harry's dreams are invaded by Voldemort, and Harry actually has a spell during the Halloween party where he starts spouting parsel tongue, terrifying everyone, and himself. Dumbledore instructs Mad eye Moody to pick up on Harry's occlumency lessons. Or should we have Dumbledore do them? Did we ever decide?

Chap. 9: Ginny Weasley has matured greatly over the summer, and Harry notices and begins to act awkwardly and blush around her. Ginny is preoccupied with her mother's apparent nervous breakdown over son Percy becoming a follower of the Deatheaters. We kinda decided Percy wouldn't be a Death Eater. So should we have something like that she's worried about Bill Charlie Fred and George, because they're all helping the OotP and their lives are in danger? How's that?

Chap. 10: Several halfblood Did you mean muggle-born?Hogwarts students vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds. Where the students are being transported to is unknown. Hagrid has his hands full trying to keep some of the creatures in the forest safe, and his giant half brother is suspected as a trouble maker.

Should I start the next chapters, or should we keep going with these? My notes are in italics.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

Last edited by sirigorn : 06-19-2004 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:54 AM   #9
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I would still like to go with Moody starting Harry's new occlemency lessons, for now at least.

Your "fix" on Charter 9 is fine.

Yes, I do mean Muggleborn instead of halfbreed, also a "fix".

Procede.......

Last edited by Lizra : 06-19-2004 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:16 PM   #10
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

"Harry Potter and the Sixth Book"

*Bump*

How's it going sirigorn? To any other Potterheads out there...how do you like our "book" so far? Remember predictors, all major action started will need to be completed/wrapped up ere the book is done. ! (Now I just need to figure out where I'm going with all those port keys! )
Old 06-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #11
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I am soo sorry, but I was gone and I haven't had internet for a few days... I won't be able to post predictions because I have a limited time on now...same for about a week... Minielin, you can go if you want to.

Oh, and I was reading OotP, and we need to fix ch. 5. It turns out that Harry did tell Ron and Hermione about the money. You see, Gred and Forge left, and annonced their new premises in Diagon Alley, and they were talking about where they got the money for that, and Hermione began to think they stole it, and Harry couldn't let that happen, so he told her.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 06-28-2004, 02:38 AM   #12
Minielin
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I would still like to go with Moody starting Harry's new occlemency lessons, for now at least.
But if he could do occlumency, I would think it would have been mentioned before then? I mean... I suppose it makes sense that he could have, being so obsessed with preventing influence by the dark arts...
In dark green ivy, and among wild larches?"

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum.
Minielin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 07:46 AM   #13
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

He seems pretty "on guard" about dark arts! You know....willing to do whatever it takes!

Who do you think should do it Min? Dumbledore?
Old 06-28-2004, 11:04 AM   #14
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

anyone mind if I join?

PS I remember someone saying further up that they didn't know where to put Harry recieving his OWL results, I think Harry would probably get his owl results in the first chapter when he gets his letter about what books he needs.

Last edited by Elessar the Elfstone : 06-28-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Elessar the Elfstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:50 PM   #15
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Of course we don't mind!! We needes more people! Glad to have you.

Oh, and we kinda decided that he recives his letter in Ch. 3, so that's when he recives his results, I suppose.

Umm...I won't be able to do them for 3 more days or so, but after that, I really think I can! (and I can hear you all saying 'finally!')

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 06-28-2004, 01:00 PM   #16
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

I was thinking of some prewdictions but I need to know what other people think about Harry and the DA will it continue because now the MOM isn't stopping them learn DATDA anymore are they?
Elessar the Elfstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 03:10 PM   #17
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Hi Elessar! Siri is going to post her predictions for the next 5 chapters, then we will debate anything in her predictions that seems too unlikely. After we are comfortable with the direction her chapters take us, you can do the next five. Great!

We had decided on about 35 chapters, and we are trying to make this flow like an actual book. ( why not try! ) Keep in mind possible solutions to actions you initiate in your first round of predictions as you enter your second. I think there are a few minor clean ups still being worked on....

....Chapter 5, Harry and crew need to find out something else of interest when they visit Fred and George's shop, since the "cat was let out of the bag" about Harry funding the shop in the last book.

......Chapter 3 should include Harry's OWL scores and what classes he is taking this year (when he, Ron and Hermione are filling each other in at Grimald place)

.......Who will be teaching Harry Occlemency lessons is still being debated.

Was there anything else?
Old 06-30-2004, 10:09 PM   #18
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Well, now that we know the title of Book 6 (Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince) should we do something with that? Or keep going as is?

And if Harry's gonna be an Auror, like he wants, McGonagall said he should take DADA, Transfuguration (he needs EE or higher here), Charms, and Potions (he needs an O here). All his grades needed to be EE or higher. Or in other words, only EE or O. And that's on his NEWTs. And he needs five of those. At least.

Remember, it's Outstanding (O), Exceeds Expectations (EE), Acceptable (A), Poor (P), Dreadful (D) and Troll (T).

He thinks he did good in Charms, for Transfiguration, it said "He forgot the definition of a Switching Spell during his wrtitten exam the next morning, but thought his practical could have been a lot worse", so he did all right. In Herbology, it was "Other than a small bite from a Fanged Geranium, Harry felt he had done reasonably well", and the DADA, it was "Unless he was very much mistaken (and he was not planning on saying it to anybody, in case he was), he had just recieved an "Outstanding" Owl." In Potions, he found the written difficult, but thought he got full marks on the Polyjiuce Potion one (I wonder why...) and the practical was not as dreadful as he expected it to be. In CoMC, it seemed to be okay, and the Divination was horrible, but that doesn't matter, and Astronomy had the thing with Hagrid and McGonagall and Umbridge, so that didn't go to well, and then HoM he feel asleep and left early. (I think he failed)

So here's my predictions:
Charms- O
Transfiguration- EE
Herbology- EE
DADA- O
Potions- scraps an O
CoMC- EE
Divination- P
Astonomy- A
HoM- P or A

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 06-30-2004, 10:30 PM   #19
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Sounds good! So with his DADA, Transfig, Charms and Potions, does he get a other classes?..... electives or something? I wonder why they don't teach Occlemency as a class?

If someone wants to put the half blood prince into their predictions..."Go for it!" I can't handle wizard royality at this point myself!
Old 07-01-2004, 12:52 PM   #20
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I'll join, if you don't mind. I posted once in the beginning, but wasn't on for 3 weeks, and back.

About the grades - I think he failed in Astronomy as well, he said that he didn't finish drawing half of his map or something like this; I also think he failed in History of magic as you said.

I think thast if he continues to learn Occlumency, Snape would be the one who teaches him - I don't think Moody will come to Hogwarts only for Harry, he's busy in the Order. Dumbledore is also busy - and besides I don't think he can make a good excuse why Harry comes to his office every week.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote