Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-08-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Ron's not experienced enough, plus I've been waiting for Harry to be cap'n since book 1 (not that I thought he'd be cap'n any time soon) So don't liet me down now!
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:08 PM   #2
parker1cincy
Sapling

I guess Harry could be a good captain. But he already has so much going on all the time. I just think Ron would make a good captain. Because of the way he took charge in the first book when they were playing chess at the end.
parker1cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:35 PM   #3
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
Ok, I think Harry will Captin becasue is Prefect. And I thought HEad Boy was this year...my mistake.
What Dudley heard or saw when the demndy-whats-its attacked.
Harry will have ot fill in his friends on all the crap he's learned and they fill him in on the crap they've done.
Harry was still pretty pissed at Dumbldore at the end of the last book so I think he'll apologize again.

That all? Everyone like everything then? Ok, someone elses turn!
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:59 PM   #4
parker1cincy
Sapling

No, Harry is not a prefect. Ron and Hermione are. So that's another reason why I though it should be Ron because it also shows leadership.
But Harry would be a cool captain as well.
parker1cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:48 AM   #5
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Well let us not be hasty Fimbe! Someone else might want to debate you predictions. I'll have to buy or check out OotP again. I forget exactly what Dudley saw myself (when Demntors attacked him)

Do you think that the "war" between the OotP and the deatheaters was in a bit of a truce over the summer, or might there have been some skirmishes? Do you have any thoughts about what Ron and Hermione did over the summer...anything interesting? Is the prophecy the #1 thing on Harry's mind, or do you think other "action" will push it to the backburner?
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:15 AM   #6
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I don't think we know what Dudley saw. I don't think it was mentioned in the books. I may be wrong, though.

I think that the war will have started full swing. Because in the 5th book, no one knew he was back so how could they fight him? And the DE's were trying to keep it a secret. But now they know he's back and will be trying to fight him.

I think that Ron and Hermine will have gone back to the Black house, and Harry will join them very soon. And hopefully they (Ron and Hermione) will finally start a romantic relationship, but I think that will be during the school year.

I think that the things most on Harry's mind will be Sirius's death, and the prophecy, like you said. And as a result, he'll be moody and depressed and sulk all the time.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
Old 06-09-2004, 10:09 AM   #7
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Good! I'll guess I'll take the next 5 chapters, because my brain is churning. I'm going to put some preliminary organizational predictions down, because it's the only way I can procede.

The next book will be the most "down". The war will branch out fairly quickly to several areas (class struggles, foriegn involvement, ministry of magic management, the "press" not being neutral, HP continuing to lose control of himself, Dumbledore showing slight signs of weakness.... others?) and things will appear to go down the tubes for TOotP gang. The book will end with Voldemort appearing to have the upper hand on all accounts...so that the last book can clean it all up.

Class struggles:

Dementors will be wrecking havoc...doing as they please, serving Voldemort. Souls will be sucked and the wizard newspaper (I forget the name! ) will be freaking out over the "incidents".

Giants will come down from the hills and perform duties from time to time for Voldemort, helping to tip the scales toward the death eaters. Hagrid, of course, will have some tortured role in all this.

Centuars (and other half animals) will be employed by TOotP with good intentions, but there will be bungling as the creatures "cannot see the forest for the trees" and fight for their personal causes instead of the big cause (bringing down Voldemort) Voldemort will do little things to keep the lesser creatures fighting amongst themselves.

Hermione and the house elf issue...(this is my least favorite storyline, I wish it would just dissappear! ) I have no idea.

And of course Muggles....which seem to be the whole reason for the original and ongoing conflict. Purebloods rule? Nah!

Also...

The Ministry of Magic....the old head guy (forget his name too ) Will manage to hang on to his position, and Voldemort will still be able to corrupt the MoM thru bribery and promise of glory. The old head guy will become a death eater. (just a wacky prediction there! )

HP will not be able to figure out his own thoughts, Voldemort will invade his thoughts even more, causing HP to actually do some harm while *under the influence*. This will cause the usual slander and mistrust of Potter.

(please continue disscussion of the first five chapters, and add to this major issue list as you wish....I'm just putting some thoughts down while everyone is asleep at my house and I have the chance to think about HP a little)

Last edited by Lizra : 06-09-2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:56 PM   #8
Fimbrethil

Good htoughts Lizra...I liked the "list". But...ermm...would oyu mind seprating htem into chapters for us? I don't know if you were planning ot do that later or what...sorry if you were.

Old 06-10-2004, 10:15 PM   #9
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Yeah, I thought I'd wait a day or two more, see if Radagast the Brown, or any "weekend posters" have details to add. The list is a little starting point for me, as I think about my next chapters. Maybe after the weekend, you could repost your chapters with any changes made, so that I can pick up from there with the next five. Ok?

So what is it Dudley saw, and what did Harry learn, and what did his friends do? Are you telling? I am treating this as our own version of the next book, while our predictions should make sense, of course they don't have to be "correct"! Can you give me a little more "meat" for the story?
Old 06-10-2004, 10:26 PM   #10
Fimbrethil

Well, I made this to be more vague...I don't really think any of us can geuss what it is that JKR is going to do. But I shall try my best. If I can't think of anyhitng....it'll be left vague ok?

Old 06-11-2004, 12:08 AM   #11
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

ok!
Old 06-11-2004, 08:20 AM   #12
Fimbrethil

Quote:
Originally posted by Fimbrethil
Chap. 1: At the Dursely's. Harry whines some about being stuck there. We find out what it is Dudley saw.(Most likley something about his dad not being proub of him or...the world's supply of ice cream runs out for years.)
Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life sucks. (JKR said that this book would be the shortest summer at the Dursely's.) Someone comes (Lupin) and takes Harry to the Order.
Chap. 3: Harry is filled in and fills in his friends and maybe they try some advanced magic for the DA. Somthing with the mirrior.(I'm goning to leave that one vague, unless someone else has an idea)
Chap. 4: Harry learns somthing about his family and/or Sirius he didn't know before. Dumbldore comes and apolgives(sp?) and he and Harry are buddy buddy once more. We hear about what Lord Moldy Shorts has been doing. Possibly: We see Neville and learn (for a fact now) that his role has changed simply by the fact that his is invited to the Order Headquarters. Thus Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)
Chap. 5: They go get their books and we find out who the new quidditch captin is (Harry most likly). They vist Fred and George's shop, we find out (or rather the other charaters find out) that it was Harry who gave them the money to start the shop. We also learn whether or not they will go back ot finish their last year(most likly no). Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy with new and more evil mother. They somthing nasty and/or threatning and rather ominous too.
Exuent chapters 1 through 5.
How's that? I've changed alot of things and made them not so vague. Lizra if oyu've got any ideas tell me and I'll edit this.

Old 06-11-2004, 09:29 AM   #13
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Ok! I can work from this, but we are still open for discussion. Anyone please add their thoughts, we can continue to refine our first 5 chapters with new ideas and I'll begin the second 5 chapters Mon or Tues.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:49 PM   #14
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Ok! Here's our book so far.....

"Harry Potter and the Sixth Book"

From Fimbrethil:

Chap. 1: At the Dursely's. Harry whines some about being stuck there. We find out what it is Dudley saw.(Most likley something about his dad not being proub of him or...the world's supply of ice cream runs out for years.)

Chap. 2: Harry ponders on what Dudley saw and wonders why his life sucks. (JKR said that this book would be the shortest summer at the Dursely's.) Someone comes (Lupin) and takes Harry to the Order.

Chap. 3: Harry is filled in and fills in his friends and maybe they try some advanced magic for the DA. Somthing with the mirrior.(I'm goning to leave that one vague, unless someone else has an idea)

Chap. 4: Harry learns somthing about his family and/or Sirius he didn't know before. Dumbldore comes and apolgives(sp?) and he and Harry are buddy buddy once more. We hear about what Lord Moldy Shorts has been doing. Possibly: We see Neville and learn (for a fact now) that his role has changed simply by the fact that his is invited to the Order Headquarters. Thus Harry gets a new friend (they were friends before but now they're closer becasue they're in the same boat.)

Chap. 5: They go get their books and we find out who the new quidditch captin is (Harry most likly). They vist Fred and George's shop, we find out (or rather the other charaters find out) that it was Harry who gave them the money to start the shop. We also learn whether or not they will go back ot finish their last year(most likly no). Enter the new and even more evil Malfoy with new and more evil mother. They somthing nasty and/or threatning and rather ominous too.

I'll start my additions....

Chap. 6: Sirius's will is read. Sirius made sure to update it and include Harry as his heir. It was very important to him. As a result, Harry inherits Grimmauld place. Hermione convinces Harry to allow Kreacher (the old house elf?) to go where he choses, and to take several posessions with him. Kreacher takes the screaming portrait of Sirius's mother and a few other odd items and goes to Narcissa Malfoy. Harry is thrilled to have his godfather's home and doesn't care.

Chap.7: Professor Snape is finally allowed to become the instructor for Defense against the Dark Arts. He starts the dueling club up again, and always seems to set up Harry, Ron and Hermione in dangerous, stressful duels. Things are getting quite touchy and personal between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Prof Snape seems to thrive on it.

Chapt. 8: Harry's dreams are invaded by Voldemort, and Harry actually has a spell during the Halloween party where he starts spouting parsel tongue, terrifying everyone, and himself. Dumbledore instructs Mad eye Moody to pick up on Harry's occlumency lessons.

Chap. 9: Ginny Weasley has matured greatly over the summer, and Harry notices and begins to act awkwardly and blush around her. Ginny is preoccupied with her mother's apparent nervous breakdown over son Percy becoming a follower of the Deatheaters.

Chap. 10: Several halfblood Hogwarts students vanish mysteriously and the staff suspects port keys have been planted on the school grounds. Where the students are being transported too is unknown. Hagrid has his hands full trying to keep some of the creatures in the forest safe, and his giant half brother is suspected as a trouble maker.

Remember, the debate is over the likeliness of these predictions occuring. Of course our story is a fanfiction, the events in the sixth book could go so many ways! If it is agreed that the predictions in our chapters are feasible.....our story will take shape! (and be hilarious no doubt! )

Also, please correct my mistakes with names and places and events from the previous books. I don't have the books to consult for accuarcy.

Last edited by Lizra : 06-14-2004 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:12 PM   #15
Fimbrethil

Do you have JKR saying anyhting about Percy becoming a Death Eater? If not then I think that one ought to be left out...It might be interesting if he did...but I don't see him doing that.
I think the thing about HArry's dreams and Dumbldore appointing Mad eye as his new instructor should be put in an earlier chapter. The first one should be put in chapter one I think...and the sencond in the third or fourth. Not that I'm trying ot steal the glory mind you! Just how I think the order of things ought to happen.

Old 06-14-2004, 11:33 PM   #16
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

No, I just said Percy following the Deatheaters to be dramatic. I could see Percy getting all righteous over pureblood though.....well, what other ideas do you have with the Weasley family? Ginny needs to be preoccupied over.something.......
Old 06-15-2004, 08:16 AM   #17
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

I think that Dumbledore himself would be taking uo Occlumency lessons... but that's just me... I think we should maybe have Bill and/or Charlie again... maybe Harry should hear about a OotP vs. DE fight, and someone dies that he knows... maybe Dung Fletcher? Or at least injured.
-Two Towers extended DVD

Old 06-15-2004, 10:19 AM   #18
Fimbrethil

Wow...there is way more to this than I realized when I strated this. Ok...I don't know what day it is for anyone else...but here it's tuesday and I'll be gone statring Saterday (maybe Friday) till the first of August so you guys will be on your own till then.
Anyway...I don't think Percy will be a problem since he does know now that Lord Moldy Shorts is back. He's still going to be snoty and all that good stuff...cause that's just the way he is. Maybe that's just me though. What do oyu guys think?
Errr...Sirigorn what is the DE? Do you mean DA? Dumbldore's Army? I think the Order ought to be trying to figure out stuff about the members of the DA and what they are learning. Now I made the first five chapters sound like that was it for the summer...which I realize I shouldn't have. So let's make chapters one through...seven be the summer. Sound good? I don't know who will taking over the occlumency lessons...but it seems a toss up between Mad-Eye and Dumbldore. I think Mad-Eye will die if anyone does at this early stage in the book. I think that Bill and Charlie will have a part in this one too. I just don't know how. Anyone got anymore ideas?

Old 06-15-2004, 12:53 PM   #19
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I thought of Dumbledore for the occlumency lessons, but there is still that isue of Dumbledore not wanting to interact with Harry too much for fear that Voldemort would be able to gain acces to Dumbledore via Harry. I don't see why Moody couldn't teach it (povided he's skilled in it of course ) because the only problem with Snape was that he had "issues" with Harry. Moody doesn't hate Harry, so it should be do-able, and safer then having Dumbledore. Dumbledore doesn't interact with the students much, it seems un-Rowlingish to have him come down from his tower and teach!

Let me think some more on chap. 9, I do want Harry attracted to Ginny, yet unable to connect with her (for awhile) because she is preoccupied with .....something! But perhaps a major crisis in the Weasley family isn't the way to go. There are quite a few Weasleys to work with, I guess I was eager to "stick-it" to that little prig Percy.

I think Sirigorn means Harry hears of a OotP / DeathEaters battle, where someone dies. That's a good idea...but maybe for a later chapter...I don't remember Dung Fletcher, who was he?

What classes do you think Harry is taking this year? I can't remember....is he dumping Divination? (Makes note to check out OotP again)

Fim.....If you want to change your first 5 chap., do it now before you go, so we can work from them.

Last edited by Lizra : 06-15-2004 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:13 PM   #20
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Yeah, the DE is Death Eaters. Mundungus Flecther is a member of the Order, and he was the one who was supposed to be keeping an eye on Harry, but left because of a good deal on cauldrons, and then he got attacked my the dementors.

Lizra, I understand why you want to be mean to Percy, but I don't think he'd join the Death Eaters. Unless he's under the Imperious. Ooo... plot bunny forming.

Mad-eye dying... that's an idea. We should work into that.

Lizra, now Harry is taking his Newt classes. Oh, that reminds me... we need to decide on his Owl scores. Maybe that should be in ch. 4 or 5. I forget which classes he wanted to take to be an auror... need to go look in OotP.

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD