Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2004, 02:30 AM   #1
ryttu3k
Enting

Teenyboppers.

"LEGOLAS! SQUEE! FRODO! SQUEE!"

Next person near me to squeal over any character in the movie gets a handful of dirty, sticky popcorn from the floor shoved down their throat.
ryttu3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 03:17 PM   #2
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

I absolutely know how you feel Nerdanel.
my mom she just wont keep quiet during any movie; she constantly asking obvious questions like "oh, aragorn's not a hobbit?" etc...

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 05:50 PM   #3
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by hectorberlioz
I absolutely know how you feel Nerdanel.
my mom she just wont keep quiet during any movie; she constantly asking obvious questions like "oh, aragorn's not a hobbit?" etc...
My mom loves Viggo. That's basically the only reason why she wants to watch the movies at all. And that feels kinda wrong, but at least I have no one screaming about Orlando Bloom..

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #4
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

Bumperty-bump-bump

I hate watching the movies with my father, he has never read LotR, and read the hobbit when he was about 12, it's always whos that...whats that...etc etc

i went to see all 3 in cinema with my mum, and when i went to see fotr, there were hundreds of Uni students, as can be expected, but too many of them jumped and dropped their popcorn when the cave troll did that 'grar' thing round the pillar at frodo
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:07 PM   #5
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I'm probably one of the people that people hate watching the LotR movies with... I'm often making fun of them or muttering my disbelief.

In TTT at Helm's Deep I was basically going "Dwarf-tossing? Dwarf tossing!? 'You're going to have to toss me'? What kind of a line is that. Who wrote this crap! Dwarf tossing!? Oh my God he did not just skateboard down the stairs on a shield. This is not Indiana Jones! What a stupid stunt... my eyes... make it stop....... Dwarf tossing!?" in quiet yet still probably very annoying muttering.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 05:10 PM   #6
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

arwen? at the fords? WTF????? where's glorfindel? what on earth happened to tom bombadil? i can not believe this, what the hell is going on, well, thats £10 worth of cinema ticket wasted, that PJ needs his heart dug out with a spoon

why a spoon cousin, why not a knife

because it's dull you idiot it'll hurt more

Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 01:13 PM   #7
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Arwen at the fords and Elrond in Rohan
No he deserves a big old RUSTY knife.
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:31 PM   #8
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
I'm probably one of the people that people hate watching the LotR movies with... I'm often making fun of them or muttering my disbelief.

In TTT at Helm's Deep I was basically going "Dwarf-tossing? Dwarf tossing!? 'You're going to have to toss me'? What kind of a line is that. Who wrote this crap! Dwarf tossing!? Oh my God he did not just skateboard down the stairs on a shield. This is not Indiana Jones! What a stupid stunt... my eyes... make it stop....... Dwarf tossing!?" in quiet yet still probably very annoying muttering.
I think we should have gone and seen them together. I have an inkling we could have had much fun.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:46 PM   #9
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel

Respect!
My brother couldn't remember but was sure a load of elves turned up to fight and die dramatically at hems deep: this was all afterwards mind, but yeah, the skateboard! (can see why they shot it - but to include it???)

Elrond: yup blunt spoon with replicating slo-mo repetiveness fever spores on

Earniel: when we saw TTT (boxing day i think) we all were choco'd-out, though in the end we had 4 x large popcorn and a large H/dog each with mustard and ketchup (despite just having a large lunch) - hope that is relevant?
ps grenache? explain please re:easter eggs
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:52 PM   #10
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
Strider

i dont like watching it with people who yell EVERY time "for just this once, can you not sing?" at Aragorn. It gets really annoying after hearing it at least four consecutive time

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 06:59 PM   #11
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by ryttu3k
Teenyboppers.

Next person near me to squeal over any character in the movie gets a handful of dirty, sticky popcorn from the floor shoved down their throat.
hey! i resent that! i'm certainly not a teenybopper, but i still have a libido! i don't "squeal", although i do like to purr whenever Orlando comes on screen, because it makes my boyfriend frightfully jealous (aren't i mean?)

and btw, i don't think they use the term "teenybopper" in North America. i think they use "twinky" in Canada, not sure about US.
luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 01:16 AM   #12
Christiana
Elf Lord

Um.....don;t think we do. whats a teenybopper?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 02-24-2004, 02:01 AM   #13
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by luinilwen
and btw, i don't think they use the term "teenybopper" in North America. i think they use "twinky" in Canada, not sure about US.
Actually, at least some of us say "teenybopper", I've never heard "twinky" myself. Maybe it's an Ontario thing .
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 02:26 AM   #14
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by ryttu3k
Teenyboppers.

Teenyboppers, hahaha.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:06 AM   #15
ryttu3k
Enting

We use 'teenyboppers' in Australia... basically overly-excitable preteens and teens who wear too much make-up, listen to too much pop music and only watch LOTR to squeal over the sexy men.

I've heard the term twinky o.O It sounds like basically the same thing.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:09 AM   #16
Beruthiel's cat
mystical divinity of Unashamed Felinity

Location: New York's beautiful North Coast -- we're all mad here!!!
"Teenybopper" is a very old term that was in use when I was that age -- a pre- to early teenage girl that is very excitable when it comes to popular young actors/singers/musicians. It surfaced around the same time as "Beatlemania," and most of you know that time as an Ancient Historical Period. *sigh* Where have the years gone??

I must confess, however, that age has nothing to do with women squealing for Orlando and Viggo. One of my best friends (she's almost my age...) is quite a fangirl about them. She saw ROTK before I did and lovingly described the scenes in which Orlando looked best. BTW, she hasn't read the books -- just the Cliff Notes Version! Aaaaaarrrgh!

Personally, I find Viggo quite easy on the eyes and for some reason my computer has aquired a few Billy Boyd/Pippin slides for the screensaver, but the actors aren't the only reason I enjoy the movies. I've been a Tolkien lover for years and I thought the movies were (overall) a great realization of his vision.

"Never try to out-stubborn a cat!" -- R. Heinlein

~~~~~~~~~

"But I don't want to be among mad people, " Alice remarked.
"Oh, but you can't help that," said the Cat; "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." ~~ Lewis Carroll

~~~~~~~~~~~

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana...

Last edited by Beruthiel's cat : 02-24-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Beruthiel's cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 01:16 AM   #17
Christiana
Elf Lord

ah. I call those people "annoying"

i know who you mean. i once was in a theater with some "teenyboppers" and all they did was say loudly how the Aragorn and Arwen scenes were "so umrealistic" because "they so did not feel each other up and make out enough." At that point i tuned them out.

Old 02-25-2004, 05:56 PM   #18
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

ah yes, teenyboppers. they swarm the malls; buy nothing; crusade movie theatres for the "cute" guys; attack you violently if they hear some commment of yours that they disliked; listen ONLY to trash pop music...etc...etc...very etc...

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 06:05 PM   #19
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
my brother asks questions all the time it just gets really annoying .when i first saw fotr he was killing me with questions!
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 06:48 PM   #20
ryttu3k
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Christiana
ah. I call those people "annoying"

i know who you mean. i once was in a theater with some "teenyboppers" and all they did was say loudly how the Aragorn and Arwen scenes were "so umrealistic" because "they so did not feel each other up and make out enough." At that point i tuned them out.
*twitch*

That's... painful...

The first time I saw The Two Towers they burst out laughing whenever something emotional happened on-screen... like Aragorn screaming over the hobbits, Theoden weeping for his son, the ENTIRE BATTLE BETWEEN SMEAGOL AND GOLLUM...