Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"Temporary" Venting Thread III

The old thread passed the 1000 reply-limit and has been closed. The original thread starter was (I think) Elfmaster XK.

The venting can continue here.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

I have to go to a family reunion to day and I SO do not really want to. It's going to be WAY hot and (here's what I'm really bummed about) I can't drink! grrrr.....I would love to have a beer.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Well, venting.

Venting.
I have a really good shot at a director's job, but I can't take it because I'd kill the producer.

I wish the producer would win a long trip to somewhere nice during duration of production.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 08-05-2007, 12:54 AM   #4
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
Venting.
I have a really good shot at a director's job, but I can't take it because I'd kill the producer.

I wish the producer would win a long trip to somewhere nice during duration of production.
The situation is easily amendable. Kill the producer.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #5
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Like I posted before...

VENT: I hate Inuyasha, and Bleach annoys me too. FMA isn't bad though. Otherwise, [adultswim] can stick their anime $**(&$)@)$*#!!!!!

That is all.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #6
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I am in total shock right now. I thought I had aced my math test... the problems were a breeze, I was getting answers that made logical sense, I was nailing every practice problem I tried before the test... There was -one- problem I couldn't figure out.

And I got a 35%. I missed 13 out of 20 problems.

So, I've officially failed the class, now. I, apparently, am just too stupid to understand math, even when I think I do. I wasted my entire summer busting my ass, and still failed, when I could've spent those hours working on piano, or taking remedial music theory courses that were being offered for -free-, but at the same time slot as my math.

So now I've failed this class three times. Go friggin' me.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:42 PM   #7
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Just found out today that my dad has a brain tumor. The doctors say it's operable but honestly I'm scared to death. I don't feel as sad as I do angry, because crap like this has been happening all year, now culminating with this.

This is truly the Year of Hell. Everything's been a nightmare.

My fiance Amy has been sick for the past week. I haven't ever been sick before so I'm not sure what it's like, but it sounds bad. Muscle pains are usually caused by a long 20 mile walk, not by illness. So she's not doing too well at all, but she's going to be alright because her case isn't life threatening. As a matter of fact, my dad's doctor said that my dad's condition isn't life threatening either, at least at the moment. It appears it has been caught early; however I'm still worried.

I came home today from the movies with Amy and I went to talk to my dad - he was putting up Christmas lights and said to me "well I went to the doctor, and he didn't have good news."

First thing I said, only thing I could say was..."oh sh** - how bad is it?"

Then he said brain tumor and it basically felt like getting shot point blank range by a volley of arrows from crossbows. But I have to be positive for him. I don't think positively much, well I haven't this year after a great many "dooms" have cursed us all, but I will have to find a way to think positively at least for his sake.

So I'll be offline a lot more than before given the Great Battle of (my) time.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:43 PM   #8
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Ingwe, for what they're worth: my condolences. Brain tumors are no joke

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 10-30-2007, 03:46 PM   #9
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm sorry to hear that, Ingwe That's good that it's operable, but it will be a difficult time, and I'm sure your dad will appreciate your love and support.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:51 PM   #10
Nautipus
Kraken King

Yeah, what they said. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers, Ingwe.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Old 10-30-2007, 05:08 PM   #11
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Thanks my friends. Given the lack of medical insurance, my fiance's grandparents, who Amy was raised by, have offered my dad some money to pay for some of the treatments. It's amazing that over the past year Amy and her family have almost become kind of like a really close extended family - I see her family more than I see most of my own LoL. I'm glad to see people band together like that. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Surgery will be in a couple of days and from what we hear it's not going to be anything that will require a long recovery, which is amazing considering what it involves. Despite that they will be keeping him in the hospital for 2 weeks even after it, so if any good can come out of the whole thing it's that my dad will get two weeks of well-deserved relaxation (well if you could call being in a hospital relaxation, but at any rate there won't be as much to have on his mind during that time).

Right now I'm introducing my dad to the world of the game Battle for Middle Earth 2: Rise of the Witch-King. I figured he might enjoy that. I downloaded over 100 maps from Battle for Middle Earth files site on filefront, and I intend to try all of them out. Gotta make the best of a bad situation, so having fun that way should prove to be a good idea.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:25 AM   #12
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Thanks, guys! I went to the dr. today, and there may have been two slight fractures but they healed. The toe that lost the nail is healing nicely. The problem area (why I continued to have pain) was actually two problem areas - it was that the nerve along the outside of the leg that goes to the toes was damaged, and one of the bones in the foot was dislocating every time I took a step (no wonder it hurt so much!) I toughed it out for a month, then saw it was getting worse, not better, so I'm glad I finally went. Anyway, special shoe and bracing, steroids for a week, stay off foot as much as possible (riiiiight! ) and time should heal it in another coupla weeks. I'll know more in a week when I go back for a checkup.

The worst part is - no going barefoot!!!!! I LOVE going barefoot! But it's the worst thing to do now. Gotta keep that clunky brace shoe on But it feels better already, now that it's not dislocating and returning on every step! And the nerve should heal up in another few weeks.

Whew, we take a lot of things - walking included - for granted, don't we?!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 11-29-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:16 AM   #13
Mari
Elf Lady

I'm glad to hear it's fixable! And in a relative short timespan at that. A good excuse to make others do your job

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 11-29-2007, 02:19 PM   #14
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
I'm glad to hear it's fixable! And in a relative short timespan at that. A good excuse to make others do your job
heehee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis
Podiatry rocks. Behave yourself.
Why? I've been well-served by NOT behaving myself ... BTW, what ever happened with the part you auditioned for? My aging memory fails me ... did we ever hear?

I'm amazed at how much better the foot feels already by just immobilizing the problem area with a tiny little wedge in the surgical shoe - that dr. sure hit it on the, er, nose ...

Old 12-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #15
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oh hell... This is not going good at all, less then five days before I am to return home, my dog is stolen out of my back yard by some jerkwad 'friend' of my brother, and cops told my brother that more then likely he has been sold into a fight ring. Jesus ****ing wept! My puppy! He only just turned a year old!

I'm gonna kill that goddamn piece of white trash if its the last thing I do, an if my brother hasn't already done it.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #16
Nautipus
Kraken King

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Oh hell... This is not going good at all, less then five days before I am to return home, my dog is stolen out of my back yard by some jerkwad 'friend' of my brother, and cops told my brother that more then likely he has been sold into a fight ring. Jesus ****ing wept! My puppy! He only just turned a year old!

I'm gonna kill that goddamn piece of white trash if its the last thing I do, an if my brother hasn't already done it.

Last peice of s**t tried to steal from me got his a** BEAT. Get that peice of crap, Sane. Who the hell steals somebody's animal? We had somebody try and poison some of our horses once, and he was told, in no uncertain terms, that if he so much as spit over the fence he'd get his f***in' a** shot off.

I hope your brother got to him, Sane, really. I feel your pain. But even if your brother beat his a** you should too anyway.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Old 12-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #17
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person

Oh no - Shah bella. I hope to godfrey cambridge you can get the wee tyke back. Oh!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #18
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
Thanks, guys! I went to the dr. today, and there may have been two slight fractures but they healed. The toe that lost the nail is healing nicely. The problem area (why I continued to have pain) was actually two problem areas - it was that the nerve along the outside of the leg that goes to the toes was damaged, and one of the bones in the foot was dislocating every time I took a step (no wonder it hurt so much!) I toughed it out for a month, then saw it was getting worse, not better, so I'm glad I finally went. Anyway, special shoe and bracing, steroids for a week, stay off foot as much as possible (riiiiight! ) and time should heal it in another coupla weeks. I'll know more in a week when I go back for a checkup.

The worst part is - no going barefoot!!!!! I LOVE going barefoot! But it's the worst thing to do now. Gotta keep that clunky brace shoe on But it feels better already, now that it's not dislocating and returning on every step! And the nerve should heal up in another few weeks.

Whew, we take a lot of things - walking included - for granted, don't we?!
Podiatry rocks. Behave yourself.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 12-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #19
Rían

That's terrible

Old 12-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #20
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

Oh Sane, that is so sad. I'm very sorry for you and your doggy. I hope he's okay.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
Closed Thread