Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 08:01 PM   #1961
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Computer is giving me hell. *note pops up* Error. Please close window. Error. Please close window. Error, please close window. Error, please close window. Errorpleaseclosewindowerrorplease AARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:34 AM   #1962
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Vent: Venting thread will be closed soon.
Old 01-11-2003, 03:27 AM   #1963
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Will we get a new one? I hope so. . .

Meh. Throat hurts.

I can't figure out how to write dialogue so it doesn't sound like my characters are talking very stiffly and formally, which they wouldn't be doing. I'm just bad at that, methinks. . .*sigh* I hate that. Hmph.

I WANT TO BE A TENGU!!! It's not fair that I'm not one! oh, and vent: no one here probably knows what a tengu is anyway. anyone who does know gets virtual cookies

I need to stop making characters for my story that I really like because then I get really sad because I don't know them, except in my head.

E XK, I like your t-shirt

I'm sort of dreading going back to school because I don't want to be away from certain of my friends. I'll miss them

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-11-2003, 05:34 AM   #1964
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
My dogs ill

We have to take her to the vets.

We don't know whats wrong with her

I LOVE her!!
Old 01-11-2003, 10:32 AM   #1965
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Nothing's happening. I want to draw pretty, life-like pictures, but I actually have no art skills to mention.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:29 PM   #1966
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackboar
My dogs ill

We have to take her to the vets.

We don't know whats wrong with her

I LOVE her!!
i have to take my dog to the vet in an hour. he's got something wrong with his ear. i hope your dog gets better soon.
Old 01-11-2003, 01:57 PM   #1967
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, she has to stay over-night

Now I have another thing to vent about!!

My best friend jenny (Legolas_is_fit) seems to be in a really big mood with me and I don't know why. She's put me on her ignore list on entmoot and blocked me on msn.

I don't know what I did!!!
Old 01-12-2003, 11:01 AM   #1968
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
When people got into the really big snits, you usually don't know what you did
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 01-12-2003, 11:02 AM   #1969
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
It will?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 01-12-2003, 02:12 PM   #1970
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
I love that quote! Cassie Claire's Draco Trilogy, right? Draco about Harry?
Indeed you are correct! It is Draco about Harry, which is why i want my trilogy slashed. *grins*

Quote:
E XK, I like your t-shirt
Thanks. You two would. You appreciate it! Other ppl don't. *smacks other people*

Quote:
I reserve the right to start a new venting thread!!! MINE MINE MINE!!! *possessive look*

The Venting Thread II - Open the windows, it's getting hot in here!

*grin*

I hate it being too hot, but too cold at the same time. I hate back ache...blach!

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-12-2003, 02:32 PM   #1971
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
Vent: I got to my climbing competition at 2pm. It started at 10am. THis meant i would have to pay £10 for 1hr. So i didnt enter now that meeans there is a big fat 0 in my score. Atleast i still got to go and see my friends though.

Vent 2: Laura, my climbing friend, cant do the competition next week. Stupid parents. She had to drop out of my team and we had to replace her with a girl we dont even know.

Vent 3: For next weeks competition I will have to get up at 7am. Get the train at 8:15. Meet my friend jack at Euston and then go to the compitition by tube. I hate early mornings. they suck.

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 01-12-2003, 06:13 PM   #1972
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

I can't stand it when people call Aragorn Aragog!!!!!! I'm just like, "Please don't confuse the heir of Isildur with the spider off of Harry Potter!" It's even worse when they say
Aragon.

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
Old 01-12-2003, 06:31 PM   #1973
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Minor Vent:Bush (the band not the smoking substance, genatalia reference or president, although same difference really) are seriously [insert releative excrement slangword].........geez the band was suggested by a mate but they are terrible ......... they make Niclkleback sound like Led Zep

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 01-12-2003 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-13-2003, 12:02 AM   #1974
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Stupid, stupid, stupid internet connection. I'm online for about 5 minutes or so and then I get kicked off. Argh! If it's not better tomorrow, I'm complaining to someone.

Psalm 107:31
Old 01-13-2003, 12:52 AM   #1975
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Stupid Quizilla is bloody slow...takes forever to load one page, even with DSL! Grrr...plus my fic is awful and I don't know how to make this one scene not awful!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 01-13-2003, 08:27 PM   #1976
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

If you all had lived through the same Friday that I did...

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 01-13-2003, 10:02 PM   #1977
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008
If you all had lived through the same Friday that I did...
Friday?
God . . .
*bursts into tears and cries hysterically* No . . . no . . . don't remind me, eru please don't remind me . . . .
I'll probbaly dream about my friday that took living through tonight. Again. Damn recurring nightmares. Nightmares?
Damn recurring memory-dreams!
Nightmares.
painful memories, precious *ouch*. Very painful memories. Veyr long story. Am known to remember it at most inopportune times and depress myself.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! HAVE NO MOOT TIME! THAT STINKS!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 01-14-2003, 12:23 AM   #1978
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Just read a very wrong true story. It made a total farce of the US legal system, and sent two innocent people to jail on the say-so of an unstable 16-year old. Honestly.

Tired....still have to translate a chapter from Caesar's War Commentaries....and do the stupid study guide for the Odyssey, completely pointless, to my way of thinking; it interferes with the reading and is of no aid whatsoever. Eh, well. If the teacher says to do it, it must be done. Oh sh*t.....I haven't practiced my violin at all this week, and my lesson is tomorrow, and my Master won't be in school tomorrow (this poor Padawan is already pining) because she's sick, and I need a "mental health day" such as my friend gets once a month except that my mom won't let me have one, and I have too many morals to pretend to be sick, and I took a bet that is just incredibly stupid and dangerous and you don't want to know so PLEASE don't ask, and I lost my Lindt chocolate on the way home and I haven't seen LotR:TTT in almost two weeks and the only good thing is that there's a fun sleepover on Sunday because there's no school on Monday.

In other news, I think I did fairly well at my last audition for dance summer programs, and I intend to do very well at my next one, and I really want to do well on the one after that. Even though I still need a photo and a teacher recommendation. Eh, well. Life isn't that bad.

[/ramble]

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 01-14-2003, 12:26 AM   #1979
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I totally agree with you; I think all the studying, analysing, etc. that you do in Lit. has a tendency to ruin the story. If it weren't for that, I'd probably love Literature! As it is, I only like it.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 01-14-2003, 03:17 PM   #1980
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
I AM IN AGONY x 10! I think i might have broken my ankle at school. It probably didnt help me doing trampolining when i knew it already hurt a lot. Now it is absolute HELL! It hurts when i sit, stand, walk, leave it hanging.etc. I have kinda strapped it but it isnt helping much. Had ibuprofen and that hasnt helped. Damn you drugs!

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Closed Thread