Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 05:48 PM   #1941
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Why can't I just be lazy and get nothing done and simply read and 'moot and perhaps go for a walk all day? I don't want to try to find a job for the summer! Gah!

Airplane tickets are soooo expensive. *curses*

Why is it that my parents don't seem to think that reading about Vlad III Dracula (known as 'The Impaler') is a good use of my time?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-09-2003, 02:12 AM   #1942
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I'm cold, wet, achy, and dammit, but if it hasn't been RAINING for the last blasted week or so. It's supposed to be summer. Typical @#$! Auckland weather.
Old 01-09-2003, 02:29 AM   #1943
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Darn hard drive acting up again .. if I disappear from the 'Moot for awhile, it's because the computer is getting fixed....

Sorry for your soggyness, BoP - I wish you could send the rain our way, we really need it in California.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-09-2003, 02:51 AM   #1944
Eruviel Greenleaf

Aye, I miss the rain. Send some our way, BoP!

I think I post on this thread too much. . .

Stupid drawing doesn't want to co-operate with me. Refuses to look right. Raef MacIan is NOT supposed to look feminine!!!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-09-2003, 05:40 AM   #1945
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Sorry for your soggyness, BoP
lol...........I find that line very amusing for some reason

Vent: Just remembered that the new furniture is arriving today.....havn't figured out what to do with the old lot yet

My house is a bit small so tis gonna be cramped in here soon

I must.......must get organised one of these days.

Beatallica
Old 01-09-2003, 04:57 PM   #1946
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

yes, tell me about it.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:02 PM   #1947
Eruviel Greenleaf

I was going to get the house to myself today, but no, my annoying brother had to skip out of school

Now he's shouting and playing with my boffing sword. Real sick, huh? arrrrrr. . .

I want to go to Scotland. Hmph.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-09-2003, 05:08 PM   #1948
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Too cold, too cold... Houses and beds were invented to keep people warm (as far as I am aware ) so why do we have to leave them when it's nearly snowing? And why can't it snow properly if it's going to so that at least things look pretty?
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:26 PM   #1949
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

theres this girl in my grade that used to be friends with my friends. we are all obsessed with LOTR.

thing about her is i dont even think shes seen the movies or read the books

one day she comes in and has all these LOTR pics on her binder!

it made me sooooooooo ticked off that shes copying our hobbies when she has nothing better to do

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
Old 01-09-2003, 06:27 PM   #1950
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

i hate it when people do that!!! i know girl who sounds alot like who you described. i can't stand it when people do that!! i know about 4 people who have copied me and/or my friends. one girl even bought a pair of shoes like mine. i could go on and on but i won't. anyway it's real annoying when people do that.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:07 PM   #1951
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas_is_fit
can your teacher do that he cant attcually force you to become a veg can he?? if he does you go to your head or someone and do something about it because teachers arent allowed to force students to do something they dont want to do.
Your right, they can't, however, his excuse is that he just wants us to now what we are puting into our bodys, so it wont work. I wish that I could stop him, but with the mest up American public school system, it would be considerd "egecation"

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 01-10-2003, 01:33 AM   #1952
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Ain't nothin' wrong with vegetarianism.

Vent: NEVER, and I do mean NEVER, drink a glass of red wine on an empty stomach at work, when you know that you will have to up a steep hill.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:58 AM   #1953
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

ewwww! Red wine on an empty stomach is all wrong! At work! Got tipsy and had a major headache later?! Being "high" at work makes no sense!

New furnuture!! Coney! That belongs in the HAPPY thread! Gosh, nothing better'n new furniture! Just stick the old on the porch, or out the door with a tarp over it! Whee, NEW furniture! I love rearranging my house! You come drive my daughter to Indianapolis, to school this morning at 7:00 AM, for the second day in a row, in the snow. Blea.....

Last edited by Lizra : 01-10-2003 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-10-2003, 01:30 PM   #1954
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I hate that the computer just deleted my beautiful post. *slaps Fred*

So, the essence of what i was saying was :I agree with TC, too much smut, no time. And EG, too much to do, no motivation to do it. I hate that none of my friends like what i like as much as i do. I hate that no one understands why i wrote, "I always thought I would follow you up to the gates of Hell if I had to. And that, once arriving there, I would beg the gatekeeper to take me instead of you. And if he must take you, I would ask to come with you. And if he would not let me come with you, I would wait for you on the shores of the river.

--I'll take my trilogy slashed.
on my t-shirt because it took me AGES!!! And i hate that i had to update my anti-virus shield and forgot to change the desktop image, so got some very odd looks from my father, who then proceeded to question my sanity for wanting such a desktop picture. Grr...stupid man. Let me be sick and wrong on my own.

Oh yeah, and i hate forgetting what i wanted to edit for. I hate that i can't centre my sig, that really bugs me. So small a thing, and is completely Pisses me off!

Yeah. Most things annoy me. I will not frighten you all by continuing. Instead, i will go listen to angry music for a while.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-10-2003 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:42 PM   #1955
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Being "high" at work makes no sense!
If you work at my work it does. Bastards the lot of them.

Nah, it was Friday drinks. They have them every friday afternoon. Next time I'll pass, methinks.
Old 01-10-2003, 02:52 PM   #1956
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
New furnuture!! Coney! That belongs in the HAPPY thread! Gosh, nothing better'n new furniture! Just stick the old on the porch, or out the door with a tarp over it! Whee, NEW furniture! I love rearranging my house! You come drive my daughter to Indianapolis, to school this morning at 7:00 AM, for the second day in a row, in the snow. Blea.....
Oh no, new furniture is a nightmare I only replaced the old stuff because it was looking a bit shabby and I've got folks staying at my place next weekend

Did manage to get rid of the old stuff.......telephoned the Red Cross charity and they came and carted it away.........isn't charity wonderful!

Vent:............I'll think of something eventually

Beatallica
Old 01-10-2003, 04:33 PM   #1957
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

3:30AM after watching regular opening night of TTT here. Eyes soooo tired..feell like wraithses...we doesses....
Must stay awake or I won't be able to wake up in time for reserved seats at 10:30 and entmoot at 13:30....<yawns>

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 01-10-2003, 05:23 PM   #1958
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

yeah....that movie really wears the eyes out! Mine ached both times. Thank goodness for earplugs!
Old 01-10-2003, 05:57 PM   #1959
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
My mum is getting sick of me and entmoot. She keeps throwing me off.
I hate the way this is the coldest winter for 15yrs. This means I wake up cold, get cold all day, go to bed cold. I HATE the COLD!

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 01-10-2003, 07:27 PM   #1960
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
I hate that no one understands why i wrote, "I always thought I would follow you up to the gates of Hell if I had to. And that, once arriving there, I would beg the gatekeeper to take me instead of you. And if he must take you, I would ask to come with you. And if he would not let me come with you, I would wait for you on the shores of the river.

--I'll take my trilogy slashed.
on my t-shirt because it took me AGES!!!
I love that quote! Cassie Claire's Draco Trilogy, right? Draco about Harry?

Hate that my love life is way too tangled right now. Also, the audition for American Ballet Theatre's summer program is on the same day as the Gilbert and Sullivan performance! Schedule = too crowded. On the plus side, I discovered Hallmark.com's wonderful lovely e-card section, and have now proceeded to bombard all of my friends with dozens of them. What fun!

Oh yeah, and I hate when my friends get all mixed up in my business, when it has nothing whatsoever to do with them, and proceed to tell me exactly how much of a b*tch I am, and how I can change, and a whole long list of other reasons I'm not a good person, when they don't understand and probably won't listen anyway!

Other than that, my week's been wonderful!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!

Last edited by TinuvielChild : 01-10-2003 at 07:29 PM.
Closed Thread