Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 12:35 PM   #1801
WiseWizard
Elven Warrior

Location: the darkest region of Mirkwood (and trust me, it's really dark)
That happens everytime I'm typing something extremely long to a friend, all of which I won't actually remember since most of what I write is complete nonsense! And it always happens when i'm typing on a Mac! Macs and I just don't get along.
------------------------------------------------
"It's been a while since I've been 130." -Aaron Reichgott
You know, the world's full of apathy...but I don't care.
"I would've honked, but I might have hit you." -Janaki
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have gone to college that year." -Lewis Black
"I have one speed which varies according to my mood." -Kristy Pihl
"When I get a fever, I can hear my mom's voice in my head. But she's alive, not dead, so it's not as exciting." -Anna Crandall
"It doesn't matter what your body type is, as long as you're bloodthirsty." -Rachel Carlson
-------------------------------------------------
"My mind is a whirling miasma." -Jeff E.
"I think earth is the Alabama of the universe and we don't even know it."
"You can't just apologize the laziness of my bunnies away." -Taylor S.B.
I'm a sadistic massochist. I'm always happy.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:56 PM   #1802
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yes, you do write a lot of nonsense.

Me and my mac get along just fine.

My vent: Went to see TTT as part of the BF's work do... double booked, had to wait an HOUR and five minutes for the next session to be free. Grr. Got free ice cream, coke, and tickets though. But still.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:38 PM   #1803
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

50 000 people saw TTT in Belgium on the opening night, an absolute record... and I wasn't one of them.....

Man, my throat hurts as hell. You'll see, the holidays just started and I'm going to be sick. Fne!
Old 12-20-2002, 08:45 PM   #1804
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

I am going to see The Two Towers agian at 9:30, and that is a good thing. The bad part is that my brother wont let me dress up, I can't clapp at the end unless other people are, and I can not yell unless I am repeating someone else. He won't even let me do elf ears!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 12-20-2002, 10:39 PM   #1805
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Vents:

Homophobes. Damn them all to Mordor! PM me if you want the full story; it's pretty short and actually not all that evil, except that it really pissed me off.

Was in a car accident today. I wasn't hurt, but the rear wheel of my bike was. Eh well, it's the last day of school before a 16-day vacation. Go us. *waves flag unenthusiastically*

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-20-2002, 10:44 PM   #1806
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
was it the moving but daydreaming thing again?
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 12-21-2002, 05:35 AM   #1807
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

though i don't know your story, TC, i have to agree with the bit about homophobes. sorry you were in a car accident.

meh.

what to complain about? besides, oh, everything? okay, so life's not that bad, there's good things. like bat-stalking (bats=vampires) and making films (too bad the bats don't show up on film. . .)

alas, for i do not know when i shall see the two towers again. . .must see it soon, only seen it twice already. . .. . .but i had to see it alone 'cause no one else could come and it was sold out.

i hate unpacking.

i hate that my brother thinks he can dump all his weapons in my room. s'not like he ever ASKS or anything. just dumps them there for me to trip over. well. hmph. he just won't be getting them back. ever. ha.

i can't find my elf ears, and i suspect this is because i tried to put them in a safe place last time i was home. either that or my brother stole them. i suspect the latter. arr.

i got lost yesterday--er, two days ago in downtown portland with a two full backpacks (one of them being the backpacking variety that are quite big) and a computer. it was all quite heavy, as i just had to bring home all of my Tolkien books. . .anyway, yeah, couldn't find the train station for a while. and i had gotten up reeeally early (okay, well, 7am. . .) expecting there to be breakfast but no they weren't any meals and i had stayed up 'til 4 talking to my new roommate after seeing TTT. . .yeah, was tired. . .

and i didn't get to see TTT at 12:01am on Dec. 18th like i'd planned 'cause i had a stupid bloody biology final at 8:30. and one of my friends got to go and he kept talking about it.

i'm not a vampire/i'm not living in early days of the world when the two trees were still there. i don't look like an elf. sometimes i even suspect that i'm not actually an elf, i just think i am. . .ah, the horror!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 12-21-2002, 08:45 AM   #1808
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Do you have a bad life, or what??

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 12-21-2002, 01:28 PM   #1809
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

My vent is that this stupid Manila Film Festival won't allow me to see TTT again until january. I know I should be proud of our local movies (well some of them) but do they have to block out all the other films?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 12-21-2002, 03:58 PM   #1810
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Elenka
Do you have a bad life, or what??
only half bad.

i complain a lot, but i'm pretty lucky--i get to go to a fancy private college, and it's near enough to my home that i come back for breaks and stuff.
but, vent: they don't have latin there! i want to learn latin! hmph. how rude.

Too bad you don't get to see it again, Arathorn.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 12-21-2002, 06:30 PM   #1811
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by TwirlingString
was it the moving but daydreaming thing again?
No. The head wrestling coach @ BLS wasn't watching where he was going, and he ran into me. It's all his fault.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-22-2002, 12:33 AM   #1812
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Christmas trees are evil incarnate...
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 12-22-2002, 12:37 AM   #1813
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
] vent: they don't have latin there! i want to learn latin! hmph. how rude.
Modus Mundae

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 12-22-2002, 04:57 AM   #1814
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I promised myself I wouldn't complain about this again, but I really need to get this off my chest: I WANT TO SEE THE TWO TOWERS NOW!! Ok, that feels better. *sigh* Four more days to go.

Another vent: Don't you hate it when annoying relatives drop around? Tonight we were having tea and my annoying uncle came around. He always gets everyone upset.
Old 12-22-2002, 06:05 AM   #1815
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
I promised myself I wouldn't complain about this again, but I really need to get this off my chest: I WANT TO SEE THE TWO TOWERS NOW!! Ok, that feels better. *sigh* Four more days to go.
Good for you! I can't see it again 'til january when it officially show in the theatres on a regular basis.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 12-22-2002, 01:47 PM   #1816
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Gah. I haven't been sick like that for ages. Mom and I both caught some nasty bug or whatever last night. We're sorta better now tho.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 12-22-2002, 04:38 PM   #1817
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I REALLY hate when all my friends seem to know more about each other, and want to spend more time with each other, than with me!!! Am I really that boring, predictable, and unimportant???

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-22-2002, 04:41 PM   #1818
TinuvielChild
Padawan

You know what else I hate? The influx of newbies just because of a movie. Especially when 3/4 of said newbies don't last more than three months, or appear to be able to type/use the English language properly. Also all the Lij/Orli/Viggo fans...grrrrrr.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 12-22-2002, 04:57 PM   #1819
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I REALLY hate when all my friends seem to know more about each other, and want to spend more time with each other, than with me!!! Am I really that boring, predictable, and unimportant???
i know what that's like! how boring can i possibly be if nobody even wants to talk to me or have to sit by me in class. somebody once said after the teacher moved them by me "can you move me.i want to sit by some cool people" or something like that. i'm kinda friends with her now though.and i'm homeschooled now too.
Quote:
You know what else I hate? The influx of newbies just because of a movie. Especially when 3/4 of said newbies don't last more than three months, or appear to be able to type/use the English language properly. Also all the Lij/Orli/Viggo fans...grrrrrr.
why don't you like lij/orli/viggo fans?? i'm orlando and elijah fans but i'm not really a viggo fan...although i think he looks hot n the movie

Vent: i still haven't see Two Towers yet!! and my left eye is kinda blurry.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:03 PM   #1820
TinuvielChild
Padawan

I've nothing against Orli/Lij/Viggo fans, just the ones who are on Entmoot for the sole purpose of being an O/L/V fan.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Closed Thread