Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2002, 10:39 PM   #161
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Acacia: Hmmmmmmmm... I thought we were supposed to take shelter in a cave? Apparently not...

Goblin: Oh, I'll lead you guys to a lovely dry cave for a small fee.

Zandalf: I'm not sure if I trust....

Allie: Sh! Of course, that's be wonderful!

Sarah: I want to get out oif this rain

Maggie: Yeah!!!

Zandalf: If we must... *hands goblin some money* I still dont trust this...

Allie: Stop being such a spoil-sport!

*The goblins all turn and back away, grinning evilly at the thought that that night they will have some lovely horse-flesh to eat when they enter through the secret tunnel... while one of them leads them to the cave*

Maggie: Oooooh... its so dry...

Allie: Look, they left a fire for us!

Penguin: *climbs into Sack and goes to sleep*

Acacia: Lets have dinner, and we can go to sleep.

All: YAY!

*They all eat, and talk about their plans for the treasure, and eventually go to sleep by the fire. While they are asleep a crack appears in the wall of the cave and Wathalion and the horses decide to leave for some place more safe.*

Hannah: *waking up* Where did the horses go? *sees the now wide crack in the wall* HEY! The goblins stole our horses!!!!! (even though they hadn't... but she doesn't know that)

*There is a huge flash, and many goblins are killed. But all of TLA (except Zandalf, caus he was smart and woke up) had been taken by the goblins into the passageway behind the crack, which was now closed.*

Hannah: What are we going to do? I knew i should have stayed home...

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 09-29-2002, 07:03 AM   #162
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*the goblins have tied up the TLA-members and put the penguin in the sack with the intent to roast it as dinner. The TLA-ers are tied to one another and are chased down the dark tunnels of the goblin stronghold*

goblin#1: Faster prisoners!
Allie: There's no need to be rude!
goblin#2: Silence your tongue or I cuts it out!
Maggie: Cut actually.
goblin#3: eh?
Maggie: Your grammar seems to be as flawed as your social skills. The verb is to cut, therefore the correct tense is 'I cut.'
goblin#2: *peers threatingly at Maggie* You're trying to be smart here?
Elizabeth: Listen, how can you expect to be a proper orc if you can't even talk normally? There are standards to be maintained, you know.
goblin#3: We're goblins, we hates grammar and standards!
Sarah: Terrific. Now we're not only captured by goblins but we're captured by low class goblins. Seriously, with our RPG-experience I think we're at least entitled to some proper orcs. I'm going lodge a complaint. Take me to the highest ranking goblin!
goblin#1: *grins evilly* As you wish. Faster!
Acacia: Somehow, I don't think that did us much good, Sarah.
Sarah: Can't blame a girl for trying.
goblin#3: *laughs evilly*
Gemma: you call that an evil laugh? Surely you can do better than that! Try saying after me: Mwa-ha-ha-hah!

*then the TLA are pushed into a large cavern. It's lighted by smoking torches and in the middle is a roaring fire. The sack with the penguin is thrown next to the fire along with the rest of the luggage te goblins stole from the TLA. The still human-looking part of the TLA is brought before the thone of the Grrrrrreat Goblin.*
Old 09-29-2002, 11:59 AM   #163
WiseWizard
Elven Warrior

Location: the darkest region of Mirkwood (and trust me, it's really dark)
ooc: Sorry for being so long gone, my friends, but my parents decided a while ago to give me the worst punishment possible and not allow me to moot. This hellish torure has now been lifted, and I am free
------------------------------------------------
"It's been a while since I've been 130." -Aaron Reichgott
You know, the world's full of apathy...but I don't care.
"I would've honked, but I might have hit you." -Janaki
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have gone to college that year." -Lewis Black
"I have one speed which varies according to my mood." -Kristy Pihl
"When I get a fever, I can hear my mom's voice in my head. But she's alive, not dead, so it's not as exciting." -Anna Crandall
"It doesn't matter what your body type is, as long as you're bloodthirsty." -Rachel Carlson
-------------------------------------------------
"My mind is a whirling miasma." -Jeff E.
"I think earth is the Alabama of the universe and we don't even know it."
"You can't just apologize the laziness of my bunnies away." -Taylor S.B.
I'm a sadistic massochist. I'm always happy.
Old 09-29-2002, 01:22 PM   #164
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

OOC-Oh, Wize Wizard, I know EXACTLY how you feel...are you allowed to come on now for unlimited time, or have they set the next step of cruel and unusual punishment...the 15 minute minute ban? (That's where I've been at for about 4 months now. Torture...pure torture. )

Grrreat Goblin- HSSSSS! WHY HAVE YOUS BROUGHT THESE EVIL THINGS BEFORE MESS??!!

Allie- We...merely...wanted to...um...to give you a gift of this...this...um...this fine sword!

TLA- ALLIE!

Allie- I will sacrifice anything to get out of here and on our quest!

TLA- NO ALLIE, NO!

Sarah- You can't give him that! Really...you can't! TRUST ME!

Allie- Trust ME! I'm the smart one here! Here...now may we get out free?

Grreat Goblin- AAAAAH! BITER! OR BEATER! I'S NOT QUITE SURE....AAHH!!! KILL THEM ALL NOW!!

Tano- Yup...Allie, you must be just about to get into Harvard, right?

Maggie- But how do we escape NOW?

Hannah- *whimper*
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 09-29-2002, 04:14 PM   #165
Earniel

OOC: A little intermezzo. It just struck me as funny. *

*meanwhile outside the cave, the ponies, horses and the wolf come out of hiding. They poke their head inside the cave but see no trace of their renters*

Wathalion: Humans....*sigh* They're not really bright, are they?
Touchstone: Are they caught?
Wathalion: To the last hobbit... or dwarf... or whatever they are.
Eairiel: Not my rider! He's a wizard.
Lightfall: Not my mistress either! She's much stronger than goblins.
Rhea: Whatever the respectful qualities of our riders, it didn't help them much. So what do we do now?
Cheyanne: Let's rescue them!
Alfie: Let's not.
Cheyanne: Coward!
Chocolate: Nope, realist I'd say. If we go in there, we're steak. They have a taste for chocolate, those goblins. *shudders*
Nightshade: So? What do we do then? They've rented us for three months. There's going to be a lot of legal mess if we return to our stables now.
Lightfall: Going back to your stables is a solution for you rented animals but not for us owned animals.
Rhea: They were going to this Lonely Mountain factory, weren't they? Let's go there, maybe they get there too. And if they don't, well then we did the best we could. We're ANIMALS remember? We're not supposed to go on quests ourselves. No vocal chords indeed.
Chocolate: There's chocolate, right? I say yea, let's go!
Control Freak: All right. but I will lead!
Eairiel:*sighs* Very well as long as you lead in the direction of the factory.

*the horses, ponies and the one wolf continue their way through the mountains, heading for the Lonely Mountain chocolate factory.*

Last edited by Earniel : 09-29-2002 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 06:15 PM   #166
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
ooc:Cheyanne's a wolf.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 09-29-2002, 06:32 PM   #167
Earniel

OOC: I was aware of that. I've chanced it to horses, ponies and the one wolf so it's 100% correct.

Last edited by Earniel : 09-29-2002 at 06:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:04 PM   #168
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

OOC: Don’t you think that’s it’s slightly weird that WiseWizard should return at this point in the story?
OOC2: The penguin thing is an inside joke. For complete details PM me, but be forewarned, inside jokes aren’t really that funny at all. You kinda had to be there.

Just then, from above! A bird, a plane—no! Zandalf! He brandishes Glamdiring above his head, then with a mightily aching swoop, cleaves the Grrrreat Goblin’s head form his shoulders. He leaps into the thick of Goblins, and with mightily strobing light scares the goblins from the Hall.
Zandalf then turns to the TLA rather, self satisfied smiling.
The goblins carry the sack and penguin down the hall a bit, but drop it, thinking apples and a penguin are not worth their lives, throw the sack roughly to the side.
Hannah: We’re saved!
Violet: Wizards really are rather handy!
Zandalf: *feigning humility* Oh, really, your too kind, it was nothing…
Tano: *interested* Really? *indifferent* Then forget it.
Zandalf: *sputters*
Maggie: You know, the goblins weren’t really hurt, so they may actually be regrouping as we speak to attack us in a great mass of slobbering blood lusting hoard of pokey bits of twisted metal, seeping form every crack coming at us with the rabid savagery of Fluffy Pink Killer Bunnies!
*Crickets*
Allie: Ohh…Kay…But she does have a point, we should leave.
Sara: Yes! Right now!
Maggie: Strait away, tally-ho!
*Pause*
Violet: Which way?
Sara: Zandalf?
Zandalf: *Still stuttering*
Just then, holding (although no one knows how) a white and black candle shaped like what appeared to be a panda, a large burlap bag of apples came crashing from one corridor in hot pursuit of a very frightened Penguin. Just how KC had managed to get the candle and why she was chasing Penguin in a rather violent way after being separated form the group for what seemed only seconds is a very interest tale, which will not be related here.
KC: I’M GOING TO GET YOU, YOU PENGUIN, YOU!
Penguin: Mier!
They run into another corridor.
Gemma: Oh no. Tell me we aren’t going to go down that corridor simply because KC ran down it trying spank Penguin with a panda-candle…
From down the corridor in the deep: "What What?"
Tano: Well, have you any better ideas?

OOC3: What whats. What whats in the deep...
--Gandalf had he spent one hour with Katt and me. One hour. That is all it takes...
Old 09-29-2002, 11:36 PM   #169
Masderanoe
Enting

(They TLA-ers do indeed follow Penguin and KC into the tunnel, which by happy chance was the correct tunnel for them to follow, about halfway down the tunnel they start hearing the shrieks of enrage goblins behind them and as they turn to defend their backs everything suddenly slows way down...)

Random Voice from above: FIGHTCALL! PLACES FOR THE FIRST GOBLIN FIGHT, ONE QUARTER SPEED!!!

Zandalf (very slowly, in a deeper voice than usual): Are your weapons ready?

Various members of the company: Yes!

Zandalf: Good you'll need them. Here they come!!!!

(as the surprisingly slow but quick fight ensues the company is chased hither and thither around the tunnels by the goblins until they are completely scattered, somehow though they all manage to make it outside to relative safety. All but one...)

Maggie (speaking at normal speed again): Where's Hannah?

Tano: She must have gotten left in the tunnels somehow.

Gemma:I don't think the goblins got her.

Sarah: Those tunnels were pretty confusing she probably got lost. It is her first time on an adventure after all.

Elizabeth: We should find a place to camp and wait there to see if she turns up. We all need the rest anyway.

Allie: I agree, we camp and wait.

Zandalf: Very well then, But we must be on our guard, the goblins will try to track us down once they get themselves organized and night falls. We cannot wait for more than a day.

OOC: Whee! Time for the Gollum scene!

Smiley people are happy when they make smileys.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:44 PM   #170
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally posted by Masderanoe
OOC: Whee! Time for the Gollum scene!
YAY! My SCENE!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:10 PM   #171
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

OOC: Wheee! I'll start this scene, Finrod. EDIT: Sorry Willow. But my Mini-balrog all the way from the OFUM WILL get you for bad grammar. Right? *Isilildur*: Rawr!

Hannah: *Groans* Owwww.... Oh my achin' head... Sarah must've dropped me.... *feels something hard* Hmm? What's this? *It was hard, small, and smooth. It had glowing buttons that were red...* Looks like a cell phone. Ah well, I'll keep it. *Pockets it* *Happens to notice sword. It's glowing Urple* At least I have light. This must be a special blade. Well I can't go up, and that leaves me with only one way to go. Down! *Follows the path*

OOC: Perfect time for you to start the Riddle contest, Finrollum. Fire away!

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!

Last edited by Claenoic : 10-01-2002 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-30-2002, 11:23 PM   #172
WiseWizard
Elven Warrior

Location: the darkest region of Mirkwood (and trust me, it's really dark)
ooc: Earniel, I do believe that Masderanoe was referring to the production of Hobbit that I was in...not star trek. One quarter speed seriously was one of the speeds for fight call, not a warp speed (you'll also notice that people were going slower ).
ooc2: I know I can't do this scene justice, so I'll leave it up to Finrollum and Hannah. Have fun!
"It's been a while since I've been 130." -Aaron Reichgott
You know, the world's full of apathy...but I don't care.
"I would've honked, but I might have hit you." -Janaki
"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have gone to college that year." -Lewis Black
"I have one speed which varies according to my mood." -Kristy Pihl
"When I get a fever, I can hear my mom's voice in my head. But she's alive, not dead, so it's not as exciting." -Anna Crandall
"It doesn't matter what your body type is, as long as you're bloodthirsty." -Rachel Carlson
"My mind is a whirling miasma." -Jeff E.
"I think earth is the Alabama of the universe and we don't even know it."
"You can't just apologize the laziness of my bunnies away." -Taylor S.B.
I'm a sadistic massochist. I'm always happy.
Old 10-01-2002, 12:59 AM   #173
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: I was indeed referring to the speeds for fightcall, sorry about the name confusion. My brother forgot to log off and I forgot to check to make sure I was on the right account. That was not Masderanoe posting, it was me. I too would not be able to do justice to the riddle scene so I shall wait for Claenoic and Finrollum to do so. Just thought I should clear that bit of confuzzlement up.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-01-2002, 11:28 AM   #174
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"What's this..." a voice hissed in her ear. "Is it tasy precious? Gollum ,gollum. Nice fishses. What is this noise."
Old 10-01-2002, 06:09 PM   #175
Claenoic

Hannah: What on? *Turns around. Sees Finrollum* Ack! Creepy thingy! *Jumps in the air to land on her rear* Owww...

Finrollum: No no, not a fish, precious. Not a Goblin either, gollum. We wonders...

Hannah: Stay b-b-back! Or I'll skewer you! *Holds out sword, which flickers and goes twop*

Finrollum: What is it, precious?

Hannah: Hannah Park, of an Obscure town in Texas! And I don't really like to be called an it.

Finrollum: Ah *looks nervously at sword* We wonders, we wonders if it likes riddles, yes precious. Perhaps it might like to join us in a game, perhaps.

Hannah: *Thinks* Ok, you're pretty good at riddles, so why not? *Out lound* What are the rewards?

Finrollum: Should we show her out, precious? Yes, gollum, perhaps we shall. If not, we shall eat her, Precious!

Hannah: *Gulps* O-o-ok.

*And so starts the riddle contest of Hannah Park of an Obscure Town in Texas and Finrollum of an obscure cave in a Random Orc-hold*

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 10-02-2002, 12:30 AM   #176
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

OOC: OOH! This should be really cool! *Graps bag of popcorn and sit down comfortably to watch.*
Old 10-02-2002, 10:34 AM   #177
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Finrollum: What is your favourite colour

Hannah: Green. What is the value of pie to the one hundreth

Finrollum: 3.14
This thing all things devours:
Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
Gnaws iron, bites steel;
Grinds hard stones to meal;
Slays king, ruins town
And beats high mountain down.

Hannah: Hmmm...

Finrollum: Hurry you must!

Hannah: Time I need TIME!

Finrollum: It gets my riddles. It's turn to tell riddle
Old 10-02-2002, 08:33 PM   #178
Claenoic

Hannah: Ummm...

Some quintessence about one yellow eye,
Some junk about another yellow eye (now keep in mind that they're looking at each other),
The first eye says something on the lines of," We both look the same, but I'm in a high place, and you're in a low place."

Finrollum: Umm............................................... ...................

Hannah: Ooooh, dots!

Finrollum: ?

Hannah: Never mind. You have the answer?

Finrollum: Sun, Sun on the Daisies it means.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Cheers!
Old 10-03-2002, 01:44 PM   #179
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

(Jeopardy Style)

Finrollum: The answer is- fish on a table, a man on a stool the cat has the bones
You have to ask the riddle hahahahahahaha!
Old 10-03-2002, 08:44 PM   #180
Claenoic

Hannah: Ummm... No legs sits on One leg, Two legs sits on Three legs, Four legs got some.

Finrollum: Um... close enough!

Hannah: Phew *wipes head*

WHAT - is your name?

Finrollum: Finrollum!

WHAT - is your quest?

Finrollum: To eat you!

WHAT - is your favorite color?

Finrollum: {insert favorite color}!

Hannah: Correct.

Finrollum: Our turn, Precious!

OOC: Can I do my last riddle and the escape from you? Puwease?

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Cheers!
Closed Thread