Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 04:03 PM   #161
anduin
Entwife

I just started Dune Messiah.....pretty good so far.
Old 08-21-2001, 07:28 PM   #162
Wiggy_The_Young_Took
Sapling

Rather bored today so I started to read the hobbit for the third time when my Stephen King book I ordered The drawing of the three arrived. So im reading that now. Try the dark tower series if you are looking for something to read, its quite good.

" Knock on the door with your head Peregrin Took! " - Gandalf The Grey
Old 08-21-2001, 09:28 PM   #163
Theodred
Sapling

Hmmm...Dune Messiah, I should read that soon!

I really liked Dune, and I want to continue reading more about it, but there are so many books that I have bought and not read yet!
Old 08-25-2001, 12:40 PM   #164
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

IP's check-in:

I finished The Great Hunt and The Dragon Reborn, and now I'm continuing my WoT marathon with The Shadow Rising.

Though I plan to continue WoT until I'm all caught up, in the meantime I plan to re-read Harry Potter and LOTR, as well as make a run at the two latest Clive Cussler novels, Atlantis Found (which my dad enjoyed a lot) and Valhalla Rising, which I purchased yesterday. I'll probably end up re-reading Gatsby and House of the Spirits at school, too.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
Old 08-29-2001, 09:10 PM   #165
Finmandos12
Elven Warrior

Right now I'm reading Star Wars: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth.
Old 09-02-2001, 11:25 AM   #166
poppy
Hobbit

I seem to be missing out on lots of great books which is a real shame, any suggestions on what i should read next!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2001, 09:46 PM   #167
Sakata
Elven Warrior

I'm reading Gulliver's travels, it is a great book, very imaginative

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Old 09-14-2001, 06:02 AM   #168
poppy
Hobbit

Thanks for that i'll look out for that one on my next book hunt. at the moment i'm having another go at the silmarilion and it's taking me a long time
Old 09-15-2001, 06:55 PM   #169
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I'm well into WoT #5 now (The Fires of Heaven).
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 09-16-2001, 01:59 PM   #170
poppy
Hobbit

I changed my mind about the sills and started readin Harry Potter what a great book
Old 09-24-2001, 08:25 AM   #171
anduin
Entwife

Update.....

I finished Dune Messiah and have also read Harry Potter #2 and #3, and have started Children of Dune.
Old 09-24-2001, 03:59 PM   #172
poppy
Hobbit

Ive finished the first which was brilliant and im now on the second, now i just need the third
Old 09-27-2001, 08:20 PM   #173
greenman
Sapling

what I'm reading now

I'm reading The Ultimate Hitchhiker's guide from Douglas Adams. I've been told it's a great book, so I'll have to see for myself Momentarilly I'm eagerly awaiting the next book of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time saga, I especially enjoyed the last part of Winter's Hart. I'm looking forward to how the Seanchan plot will spill out Hope the story will soon find it's continuation.
Old 10-03-2001, 08:49 PM   #174
Pippin Skywalker
Enting

I'm reading Brothers Karamazov.
Old 11-08-2001, 12:03 AM   #175
Varda
Elven Warrior

sadly i havent been able to read much for myself recently..... just text books.. though the text book for my history of jazz is sort of interesting... oh and i read cs lewis' the screwtape letters recently.... short book but very very good
Old 11-09-2001, 02:19 AM   #176
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Since my last post, I've re-read LOTR and the four existing Harry Potter books. I'm now on WoT #6, Lord of Chaos. I'm also doing L'Etranger (The Stranger or The Outsider) by Albert Camus in the original French.

Old 11-09-2001, 01:06 PM   #177
fireworks19
Elven Warrior

I don't know, IP, maybe you already said it, but have you read Dune? I liked it...

Are you enjoying WoT? I'm trying to get my boyfriend into it, but he's reading other stuff....shame on him!

I'm not reading anything currently...Oh wait. Stardust by Neil Gaiman. How could I forget??
Old 11-12-2001, 06:36 PM   #178
Serena
Hobbit

Right now I'm reading Mossflower, the second boook in the Redwall series. It's actually pretty cool. It's all talking animals, mice and moles, and foxes, but it's still neat. As for Dune, I haven't read them yet but everone says that they're cool, so they're going on my to-read list.
Old 11-13-2001, 11:39 PM   #179
Bregalad
Elven Warrior

I just finished re-reading "the Chronicles of Amber" and right now I'm reading "Tom Sawyer" I haven't read it since I was in grade school!

This post property of Entmoot.
Old 11-29-2001, 06:27 AM   #180
poppy
Hobbit

Alright everyone own up who's rereading TFOTR before the film comes out.
Closed Thread