Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #161
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Aelfwine smiled at his comment about being glad to have a fellow Rohirrim on a wild chase. She patted Midnight's neck.
"She's just over six," she gave a sad smile. "My father was a Rider. Taught me everything about riding. She was a gift from my Grandmother," Aelfwine stopped. "If I'm blabbering just stop me," She smiled again. "I think only a fellow Rohirrim will understand the love of a horse,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera

Last edited by Acalewia : 01-31-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #162
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Carnehillion nodded, "Few other than elves have the same type of connection as we do with our mounts! Most view them as four legged front line fodder or burden bearers..." Carnehillion looked over Aelfwine's mount, "You have a fine young lady, judging by her lines and manners I'd think she'd be nearer eight! Bahar is a shade over eleven herself."

He patted his mount's neck and she bobbed her head. Carnehillion felt Ellysa tighten her grip on his shoulders as the horse bounced a bit. "You alright back there? Dont get too tense or you may just faint!"
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 01-31-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 PM   #163
Acalewia

Midnight tossed her head as if she were thanking Carnehillion for the comment. Aefwine smiled.
"We trained Midnight well," She glanced over at Ellysa to make sure she was still stright on Bahar.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:26 PM   #164
Mari
Elf Lady

Ellysa saw Aelfwine looking at her and gave her a tight smile before answering Carnehillion: "No no, I'm fine. Bahars movement was just a bit unexpected, that's all... But don't worry about me; if I fall, I fall."

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 01-23-2008, 05:47 PM   #165
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim brought out a small book that was red and trimmed with gold, he flipped through it and looked around at the rest of the party he nodded with satisfaction and put the book back in his bag.

OOC:Yeah you damn well heard me gold trimed!!

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #166
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami sighed and closed her eyes. Nami sat listening to the things around, quite content to just listen to what was going on. Nami opened her eyes and caught the glimmer of gold at Hedrim's side. Nami directed her horse to ride up to Hedrim.
"Taking notes already Hedrim? We've only just started!" Nami smiled and carried on looking ahead of her, listening to the world around. At least for the moment she could enjoy the sights and sounds without listening for danager.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:15 PM   #167
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim looked nervous and quickly stuffed the book away "oh um" he stammered "yes notes of course" he gave a quick nod to Nami and went silent.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #168
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

"ok?" Nami frowned. Where had all these people come from? Gandalf sure did know some weird people. Nami frowned even more when she realised she had been picked to. Was she that weird?! Deciding the Hadrim had some special issues with his book to sort out Nami pulled her horse away from him and carried on riding on her own for a while. If anyone wanted to talk they'd come to her. Hopefully not with a mont that could kill you or a bizzare book. Nami carried on raiding trying to guess what was in its pages.
Poems?
love storys, awww.
Darfish love poems? no!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #169
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis and her string of mules ambled along at the rear of the party amused and unconcerned by the antics of the rest of the party. They had yet to enter areas of the woods unfamiliar to Haldis and so she watched her companions and refrained from reprimand knowing that however overexcited they might get, they could only go so far ahead without having to return for the bulk of the supplies.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 02-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #170
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Strider

While trying to figure out weather the party was leaveing yet, Ferrin lissened in on what the birds were talking about.

As usual, the most of the birds had nothing interesting to say but kept on talking anyway, most talked about the weather.

(Something about rain on the way, Ferrin put up the hood of his cloak at this)

Other birds talked on and on about how fun flying was, but a few of them related what they had seen on their travels.
This intested Ferrin greatly so he payed close atention.
But even with something as intesting as this, the birds didn't realy have much to say...

"I saw lots of trees!"
"I saw a big tower!"
"I tawt I taw a putty tat!"
Etc.

Ferrin began to wish he hadn't learnt Sparrow, but then one of them said something about dark ruins!
Ferrin thought this could be something about Dol Guldor so he lissened close.

But as the bird went on the only thing Ferrin heard worth shareing was something about a tunnel entrance under a green rock.
(And the worms there kinda tasted bad for some reson, but as Ferrin rarely ate worms he didn't think much of this)
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:54 AM   #171
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Ingwionis woke up next to A'mael, and had realized that he had fallen asleep near a large tree. Wondering whether or not everyone had left without them, he looked around and woke up his wife.

"Waken! A'mael!"

A'mael wakes up, somewhat groggy. "What, what is it? Oh. We're going to be late for the parting."

"Indeed. We must go to the others at once. I'm sure they'll be ready to go by now. Something this urgent we can't wait."
Old 02-08-2008, 06:22 AM   #172
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Radagast was counting heads. It reminded him somewhat of the times he had taken some of the beorning children on a outing into the forest. It was always nice to know with how many companions, small or large, one starts out with.

Unfortunately they hadn't even left the vicinity of his home yet and he was already two short.

"Has anyone seen A'mael and Ingwionis today? Did they leave with us?" He asked out loud.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #173
Mari
Elf Lady

"They will be here before nightfall." Ellysa mumbled.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 02-08-2008, 02:37 PM   #174
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hearing the wizard, Carnehillion made a head count of his own and found it already lacking two members. He sighed...And then grinned as he heard Ellysa grumbling behind him.

"Last I saw they were taking a snooze under the shade of a tree in your garden. I didn't think elves would be such light sleepers, and not notice us leave." The man answered back to the wizard's question, he too turned his mount and rode back to see the two elves brushing leaves off themselves and gathering their things.

"We would be in a sore spot if we had left without you two, I dare say we'd be a tad in the dark as the journey progressed! Have you horses?" He asked the elves, wondering if Haldis had any more spare mules if they needed them.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #175
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

A'mael and Ingwionis brush the remainder of the leaves off of themselves and, embarrassed, Ingwionis admits that his lazy lifestyle in Eastern Rhovanion had taken hold somewhat. "Though sleep was not required, we had decided to rest before a long journey, in the possible case it would be needed."

Carnehillion asked the Elves if they required the use of horses. "For my wife, yes. For me, I shall walk," replied Ingwionis. Haldis came to the Elves and insisted that Ingwionis take a horse as well. "We would not allow an Elf of the Vanyar, nonetheless of royal descent, to travel on foot. The journey is very long. After all, you aren't expected to crawl through the dirty dust and have to catch up with us, especially considering your predilection for sleeping on the job."

Ingwionis thinks for a moment. "I'll ride with my wife. I would not want to hold up the company if I were to tire."
Old 03-26-2008, 01:34 PM   #176
Earniel

When all stragglers were finally gathered and all travellers were finally mounted, the group set out again, this time in earnest. From Rhosgobel to Dol Guldur was a long journey of about 250 miles, which would take them about two weeks if all went well. And Radagast knew of many a trail or earth-road in the forest.

As the first week of the journey passed, the adventurers became accustomed to the rhythm of travelling on horse-back, making camp and continue the next day. The journey was almost pleasant. They met no one on the roads and trails, except a few animals that quickly disappeared into the forest when one of the travellers decided the evening menu was in need of some fresh food.

At the start of the second week, they came to a place where the forest grew denser, with many bushes, and with high-growing trees that cast a blanket of shade and light spots on the forest floor. A wind that could not be felt on the ground, whispered in the leaves above. Here, the travellers were forced to travel more slowly than they would have wished. But at the same time they were nearing their destination.

That night they made camp anew. Three rabbits that hadn’t been quite fast enough to take cover were readied over the fire. Radagast was consulting one of his hand-drawn maps of the forest-trails. Not that he really needed to do so, or that he could see enough stars to confirm their position, but it had become a sort of habit to look at them each evening. The rest of the group were settling down for the night. Above them, the leaves still rustled.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:31 PM   #177
Acalewia

Aelfwine brushed down Midnight, trying to ignore the wind and the rustling leaves. Midnight snorted.
"I know," she whispered. "I'm not too keen on it myself,"

Old 03-27-2008, 06:24 PM   #178
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami smiled at the sounds of the wood, noices she had grow up with.

She smiled at Aelfwine. "It just as sound of the wood making ready for night as we do, but i guess you are used to the open lands. I fear we will all have to grow a little more used to closed spaces soon." A frown crossed Nami's face, "Underground in that land, its not something i look forward."
Old 03-29-2008, 06:48 AM   #179
Earniel

"I have to say I prefer the wind in the leaves to that cricket choir we had three days go," said Radagast as he put away his maps and rolled himself in a blanket.

"The little blithers couldn't be convinced to be silent for one night and I never got any sleep until dawn. I trust tonight will be better. Goodnight!"

And with that the wizard pulled his brown hat over his eyes and went to sleep.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #180
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

"Don't you mean 'blighters'?" called Hamfast from his perch high atop Betsy.
Closed Thread