Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 07:27 PM   #161
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I think we'll just have to write Commerce from the students' POV - I don't think anyone can do Bumble but BB

I'll PM you with ideas, Val

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:14 PM   #162
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
As for Bumble... I was ASKED to take it, but never agreed. I really think I have too much. I don't think I have a good sense of Butterbeer's characters either. I wish he could do it.
Most of it was by PM ,I think, so I never knew the final result. So no one has Bumble? But BB stated he was NOT leaving him for public use .

Quote:
Do we have the prof not show up for the first day of class?!!!
That is also a solution.

Val, just tell me, are you going to come visit Aiwendis, or something like that? It is not a suggestion, I just ask. I am not sure what to do with her.
And I miss Estelmo!
And Oreturion -where IS Sun-star???

Last edited by Gordis : 01-12-2006 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:14 PM   #163
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Wonderful post, Udu!

I especially enjoyed this: "Back in the East, he had considered getting rid of her by having her sewn into a sack and dumped into the nearest river, but he had not. Mercy had nothing to do with it; good cooking did."

And
More architecture! The three circular walls around the cells are promising... But why TWO cells?

Have a nice time with your Tatyana!
Old 01-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #164
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Wonderful post, Udu!

I especially enjoyed this: "Back in the East, he had considered getting rid of her by having her sewn into a sack and dumped into the nearest river, but he had not. Mercy had nothing to do with it; good cooking did."

And
More architecture! The three circular walls around the cells are promising... But why TWO cells?

Have a nice time with your Tatyana!
Thanks, Gordis!

You never know when you might have unexpected guests. The cells are quite roomy and can hold more than one occupant.

Tatyana is very loving.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:37 AM   #165
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Quote:
Most of it was by PM ,I think, so I never knew the final result. So no one has Bumble? But BB stated he was NOT leaving him for public use .
BB said if Valandil won't do Bumble, then I should. I forgot about Commerce but I will do it. Only tell me of any ideas you Commerce students have by PM. I'm still scared and don't think I can do Bumble justice, but I feel responsible for him, and a challenge is always welcome!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here

Last edited by Serenoli : 01-13-2006 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:27 AM   #166
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Well, the spirits are ancient unwilling host dwellers and also able to make solid bodies out of air when no such hosts are available.

Tyaron's knife is nothing special (just his pity-tool ).
I'll try to think of something juicy attackwise.

The animals I have some difficulty in aligning with the rest of you, sorry.
Rian, does this look better?
Old 01-13-2006, 10:29 AM   #167
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Val, Udu, great posts!

Hmm, Val, I hoped you would be more than a little upset by what I told you about Ai and Maethor

Udu, You will have to work hard to lure my Lilly into your new dungeon!

Serenoli, it will be perfect if you take Bumble.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:46 PM   #168
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
The animals I have some difficulty in aligning with the rest of you, sorry.
GW, Perhaps, if you have more time now for the RPG, you could take your Penny-Buzukkumarz back? You are his rightful owner, and you were so good at portraying him!

I am sure Lotesse won't mind to return him to you, right, Lotesse?

It is a shame you have so little possibility for interaction now.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #169
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
GW, Perhaps, if you have more time now for the RPG, you could take your Penny-Buzukkumarz back? You are his rightful owner, and you were so good at portraying him!

I am sure Lotesse won't mind to return him to you, right, Lotesse?

It is a shame you have so little possibility for interaction now.
Thanks for the offer, but I rather keep to things I'm able to write. Not being LOOONG Poster and not so eloquent I think it's better that Lotesse holds onto Penny-Buz.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:45 PM   #170
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
oh, but it's so CUTE!

It's not really a big deal - it's how you say someone is going to "follow" a class. We would say "take" a class, like "what classes are you taking this semester?"
Dutchism, that one. Would never have caught it myself. I bet you really liked the mental image of Eärniel stalking after some course until she catches it, didn't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
I, as the last sane person, use the entmoot.com route, so when i went through tolkien trail, it registered me on Mango's account, since she never logged off. But I am back now...no fear.
I believe she lost her passwords to both Human Pi and Mango since she recently introduced her in the Welcome thread as MangoPi.

I just read up on all the posts. Grey_wolf, I think Tyaron will have to do some serious explanations if he brings Hwesta back wounded. RÃ*an will tan his hide, I'm sure. Will he soon have more things to feel sorry for himself again?
Old 01-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #171
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Hmm, Val, I hoped you would be more than a little upset by what I told you about Ai and Maethor
Ack! Sorry CS - I had taken so long to get that next post up, that I didn't take everything in mind that I should have.

I will have to edit and add some thoughts later - maybe just a few hours from now, if I'm lucky. I'll notify here when I've made the change.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:22 PM   #172
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Ack! Sorry CS - I had taken so long to get that next post up, that I didn't take everything in mind that I should have.

I will have to edit and add some thoughts later - maybe just a few hours from now, if I'm lucky. I'll notify here when I've made the change.
Yes, Val, you better do that, otherwise Aiwendis would need to prepare another bucket of her fav No. 9 brew!
Otherwise, awesome post. Liked your "threesome" .

GW, the choice is yours .

Earniel, just read your post.
That was great: "Eärniel was somehow eerily reminded of a group of hungry gulls eyeing a fish caught by the receding tide in a small puddle on the beach." Very appropriate comparison for a Sea-Elf!

Last edited by Gordis : 01-13-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:53 PM   #173
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Udu, You will have to work hard to lure my Lilly into your new dungeon!
CS, there goes the sweet talk out the window. Perhaps I will have to go back to the tried and true "hit her over the head with a club, drag her into the dungeon" scheme
Old 01-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #174
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
CS, there goes the sweet talk out the window. Perhaps I will have to go back to the tried and true "hit her over the head with a club, drag her into the dungeon" scheme
NOOOO! Better invite me nicely. Think of something. I love oriental sweets and Linhir wine...
Old 01-14-2006, 04:04 AM   #175
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel

I just read up on all the posts. Grey_wolf, I think Tyaron will have to do some serious explanations if he brings Hwesta back wounded. RÃ*an will tan his hide, I'm sure. Will he soon have more things to feel sorry for himself again?
I don't know. Perhaps. Anyway, the spirits have yet again disolved back into the nothingness from which they came. And Rian had asked for an attack to be attempted. So It is done.

The wounds which Hwesta got from the solidified spirits aren't that serious, RPG-Rian won't have to be that angry about the incident.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:29 AM   #176
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
The wounds which Hwesta got from the solidified spirits aren't that serious, RPG-Rian won't have to be that angry about the incident.
I'd almost say 'too bad' at that, it could have been a fun scene.

Possible scene:

Alagos: Look, RÃ*an, there is Tyaron again. It looks like he's attacked on the road. He might need help *hint, hint*

RÃ*an: What have you done with my horse? I'm never lending you anything! *walks off with Hwesta while cooing over horse*

Alagos: D'oh!

Tyaron: *more moping*

Old 01-14-2006, 08:07 AM   #177
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
NOOOO! Better invite me nicely. Think of something. I love oriental sweets and Linhir wine...
If Khamûl has anything to do with it then it will probably be more along the lines of what Udu suggested.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 01-14-2006, 08:31 AM   #178
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
If Khamûl has anything to do with it then it will probably be more along the lines of what Udu suggested.
CS, Why not let Udu and Khamul figure it out between themselves? Let it be a surprise for you. Isn't it more interesting that way?
Old 01-14-2006, 05:04 PM   #179
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
I'd almost say 'too bad' at that, it could have been a fun scene.

Possible scene:

Alagos: Look, RÃ*an, there is Tyaron again. It looks like he's attacked on the road. He might need help *hint, hint*

RÃ*an: What have you done with my horse? I'm never lending you anything! *walks off with Hwesta while cooing over horse*

Tyaron: *more moping*

My ending:

Tyaron: Er..Rian, by the way, I have been with a prostitute!

Rian: That's your problem, but what have you done with my HORSE??!
Old 01-14-2006, 05:23 PM   #180
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
I don't know. Perhaps. Anyway, the spirits have yet again disolved back into the nothingness from which they came. And Rian had asked for an attack to be attempted. So It is done.

GW, could you please edit out Hwesta getting hurt? I'll PM you

(even though I like Earniel's and Gordis's stories )

Quote:
Dutchism, that one. Would never have caught it myself. I bet you really liked the mental image of Eärniel stalking after some course until she catches it, didn't you?
Yes, I did - that's why I didn't say anything until now OTOH, with the English "take", you can picture someone running up to an innocent Commerce course and taking it away from everyone else!
Eärniel : are you taking Commerce, RÃ*an?
RÃ*an : yes, I am, so you can't have it! bwa-ha-ha!!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Closed Thread