Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-25-2006, 01:05 AM   #161
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuinor
Thanks yet again, Troll's Bane. Actually, I do know about some things when it comes to physics, especially Einstines theories of Special and General Relativity, but I'm still not up to date with what I know. What I really like to do is take things such as light speed travel and really twist the idea into something totally unheard of, like saying that when something breaks the light speed barrier then it is converted into energy, but then I take it that much further to say that as energy, that object finds itself in a completely new world where energy is like unto our matter, and our matter is like unto energy. Such ideas fascinate me.
Don't let me say otherwise! *voracious inner physics professor fights to blurb something about energy and light out*
Old 06-25-2006, 01:23 AM   #162
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Sorry if I was wrong. Still, such ideas fascinate me.

By the way, I just discovered that you are the writer of ZAQ1. I only got to read the first two chapters, but I found them incredibly interesting.

Last edited by Tuinor : 06-25-2006 at 01:27 AM.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:30 AM   #163
trolls' bane

And me too! *Inner very-orthodox maniacal physicist: No you don't! Kill them! Kill them all! Give them all antimatter apples! Burn them!* *Inner Sax Russell style physicist: *blink* *blink* *blink* * *Inner Sigmund Freud: Don't do it. Remember, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.* *Inner SciFi Writer: w00t!*
Old 06-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #164
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

*sigh*
And this is why I stick to fantasy.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #165
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #166
Curubethion

I'm at page 152 now...
I wrote the whole thing in little "Episode" chunks...currently, I'm at Episode 48 out of 96-that's exactly halfway! I've been merging episodes into chapters, so now I'm at Chapter 25.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 07-10-2006, 07:24 PM   #167
Acalewia

How's the book coming, Curub?

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:58 PM   #168
Curubethion

For the "Golden Mail", I really haven't made a lot of progress...just a few more pages. So much to do, so little time...

For that "Golden Blade" book, I'm on "Chapter" 60, out of a planned 96 or so "Chapters"-that's basically 120 pages. I'm doing four pages a day, so I should finish the book up by August. The plot's starting to go places-I can see the end very clearly.

It's actually a bit of a darker book than my first two...I'm delving a lot more into the character's personality. With the first two, the narrative action focused on multiple characters, and also included points-of-view of some of the bad guys. With this one, there's none of that. It's third-person, but you can't see any action that the main character doesn't see.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #169
Acalewia

Wow. I can't wait until it's published.

Which reminds me I need to get to work on Fight for Freedom

Old 07-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #170
Curubethion

I just finished mapping out my plot. I have basically everything written out that's going to happen. Now I just have to write it. It's getting interesting, though.

I love threading little sub-plots into the story, and I feel that focusing on a single character helped me along that way. It's easier to work on a plot with fewer characters.

After I finish this book, which will complete the "trilogy", I'll write another story, where the characters from each book team up to fight a dark evil arisen from the past...(ominous theme music)
Old 07-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #171
Acalewia

I have a chapter by chapter summery written so I don't forget what I wanted in each chapter.

Old 07-14-2006, 04:04 PM   #172
Curubethion

Yep. I've only gotten around to writing those about two-thirds of the way through. But they really help. I get a much better idea of how things will unfold.

I discovered that I waaay overestimated the size of my book. It's only going to be about 20 more "chapters".
Old 07-19-2006, 01:53 AM   #173
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Everyone sounds like they're doing great on their books!
Unfortunately, I haven't been doing much writing lately, because I've been kinda busy, but I hope to start again soon. I've actually just came up with a plot for a mystery, so I'll probably write that soon.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #174
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

life plans

haha Acalewia ...remembeer how i said i was going to be a vet and i had my life planned out...and then you said yours slipped throught the cracks....well mine did too.

I know that right now, i wont be able to be a vet because of my school work and my mum suggested that i chose a different career for now. so this is

TS's new plan for her life:
take a year off after i graduate from highschool, get apprenticed and become a horse trainer...and then go to university...get a major in english, and become a writer...see how this ties in with this thread? am i a smooth operator or what!!

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:15 AM   #175
Acalewia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamuril Sirfalas
haha Acalewia ...remembeer how i said i was going to be a vet and i had my life planned out...and then you said yours slipped throught the cracks....well mine did too.
Didn't mean to jinks you
Quote:
TS's new plan for her life:
take a year off after i graduate from highschool, get apprenticed and become a horse trainer...and then go to university...get a major in english, and become a writer...see how this ties in with this thread? am i a smooth operator or what!!
Indeed.

Old 07-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #176
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Wow. I finally started writing one of my stories! (Finally...) Still on the first chapter, though. I'm a better writer than I thought!

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:33 PM   #177
trolls' bane

I just made a major breakthrough in all of my writing. Why have me write all my terrible stuff, when I could have my cousin write it for me! I love his stuff! Of course, that's cheating, so I just get ideas from him and then rewrite them, combine them, edit then, burn them, then write them again from memory.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:42 PM   #178
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

no one jixed....i have PLOT! for my novel # 3...called these hidden words

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Tamuril Sirfalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:44 AM   #179
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

I finished writing a short story for a contest. I won, actually; but only Pip and I were competing.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #180
Curubethion

I finished my book a couple days ago. Giving it to a friend to read...