Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 05:31 AM   #161
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Heya Beor, what can I get for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
i think i need to join the YGF (British Dyslexia Society)
Shouldn't that be the SDB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
Did you say DEVIL's food?
Yup, it's a kind of cake alright! The one I saw was 10 inches tall! Yes, we use inches and centimeters in Canada. We're weird that way.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 03-09-2005 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:55 AM   #162
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Is there hip to change your avatar these times? Not long ago, I noticed RtB had changed his one.. I thought it was a new member at first. And now Beren3000 have changed his. And JD changed not long ago.
I really don't know why I bring this up... It's just something I noticed...

A cup of tea please..some kind of herb tea.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:18 AM   #163
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
I brought cake! My little bro made the JV baseball team at school, and he's a freshman. My nice old grandma baked a devil's food cake for him, so I stole it and you can have it.
Cool. Can I have some? *everyone quickly gets up and takes a piece* What?! I wasn't going to eat the whole thing! Just maybe, oh, say, half...*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pytt
A cup of tea please..some kind of herb tea.
*gives Pytt tea*

Yesterday, we got blessed by the relic of Sister Faustina (actually, I guess it would be Saint Faustina, since she was canonized in 2000.) It was cool. Several people had their spirit 'slayed', so the fell back into the arms of the ushers, and had to be helped to their seats. (Note: they fell back because the priest said to do it if we felt a warm feeling and our legs felt like jelly. It didn' really happen to me, I just swayed ever so slightly.) One lady actually had to be carried to her seat. That's how strong it is.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 03-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #164
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

that's really cool! when i was recieving confirmation we had a missionary priest come in and do something like that, but i don't remember if he had a relic or not. all i know is that i got kind of PO'd at a few kids in my class who were goofing off and who would fall over and stuff just to be melodramamtic and make a scene. it was sort of disgusting the way they were acting and mocking the priest like that
but that's cool that you got blessed with a relic though!
there's a shrine not to far from here dedicated to our lady of fatima that had a bad fire not too long ago. they had a beautiful chapel and had lots of relics from different saints and popes and i think a few shards from the cross, but they were all lost in the fire

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:53 PM   #165
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Even though I don't believe in relics, I would respect one, and people who believe in them. Some saints have an inordinately large amout of finger bones...

One herbal tea coming right up Pytt! I haven't changed my av in ages. I did noticed JDs change, but it's a very JDish avatar. I miss the cute little devil though. That one's the best.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-09-2005, 06:06 PM   #166
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

hey, nurv! how are ya?

well, my procedure yesterday went just like i thought it would: they didn't put me to sleep i was awake for the whole thing ( ) though they did apparently give me something to make me more "comfortable" (yeah right). then the doctor, after sticking HUGE needles in my back to get the fluid out of my lungs, set the containers of fluid right in front of me ( ) and proceeded to tell me that he'd just taken about a liter of fluid from my left lung! and "that was the most he'd extracted from a lung ina couple of weeks"! nice to know he remembers those things...
so i need a nice soothing cup of herbal tea to try to get rid of the big "eeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!" that i've had building up inside me since yesterday.
*sigh*

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:12 PM   #167
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

One herbal tea coming right up! Orange, lemon, tropical fruit, or rosehip? Or if you prefer, a variety of green teas can be had. And just for you, I'll take special requests, since you're sick.

Do you have pneumonia? Maybe it's better that you weren't asleep though (even though it heightens the EW factor), because don't those make you feel all weird when you wake up?

I hope you feel better now. Have a complimentary wool scarf! Keep warm. [/mom]
Quote:
Old 03-09-2005, 06:56 PM   #168
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

lol; nah, not pneumonia. i was in a car accident a few weeks ago and i lacerated my spleen and had to have it removed, fractured my pelvis, and my lung collapsed a little. as a result of the spleenectomy i got fluid in my lungs and had to have it removed
and i had anesthesia for my spleenectomy and i felt... well, okay, i felt crappy when i woke up, but that was cuz i had a fever that was really dangerous and a tube up my nose and down my throat, so that doesn't count
oh well though. i'll try some rose hip, please, btw! and thanx for the scarf! *snuggles into scarf*

My Space!

Old 03-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #169
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ravyn
lol; nah, not pneumonia. i was in a car accident a few weeks ago and i lacerated my spleen and had to have it removed, fractured my pelvis, and my lung collapsed a little. as a result of the spleenectomy i got fluid in my lungs and had to have it removed
and i had anesthesia for my spleenectomy and i felt... well, okay, i felt crappy when i woke up, but that was cuz i had a fever that was really dangerous and a tube up my nose and down my throat, so that doesn't count
oh well though. i'll try some rose hip, please, btw! and thanx for the scarf! *snuggles into scarf*
Holy crap! I'm gald you're feeling better than that now. Get better!

That's a weird doctor. My mom works for a orthopedic surgeon who jokes around with his patients too much. He has a harsh, sarcastic sense of humor that offends everyone but his best friends, so I don't know how he gets any patients to see him twice. But even he isn't so tactless about his job.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:03 PM   #170
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Tryed to post this earlyer but...

Woo hoo! I can post this stuff here!!!

Title ideas:
Of many colors!!!
Wraith
Fighting uruki
Invisability ring
The one ring to rule them all
Elfbit
Some guy lost in middle earth....
Ring maker
Ring toaster
Ring looser
Ring finder
Ring around the rosey
Ring malter
Ring melter
Ring eater
Onion ring eater
Ring wielder
Just some guy with a ring...
hAS aNYONE sEEN tHE cAPS lOCK?
Ranger
Elfbit ranger
Hobbit ( )
Ring masher

All for now, please tell me if you use one of these titles, I'd like to know ...

P.S.
I tryed to post this earlyer but there was a computer bug.
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
Old 03-09-2005, 09:14 PM   #171
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I knew that Lady Ravyn. I hope you're okay speen-less. More tea?
I just got it about the doctor now. But I won't go on about it, since you don't really need to relive it again.

You really like the custom idea eh Me9996? My personal favourites of what you've suggested are: Wizzard or Hobbit. (Ironically, custom title discussion has contributed to your eventual custom title. ) Which makes me think - what about Custom Title?
Quote:
Old 03-09-2005, 09:19 PM   #172
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Great news! I got (forced) into a program at my school for the GATE students (Gifted and Something Something else ). I am glad, too. I get to write, and talk about all of my favorite books. But mostly write.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:21 PM   #173
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
One herbal tea coming right up Pytt! I haven't changed my av in ages. I did noticed JDs change, but it's a very JDish avatar. I miss the cute little devil though. That one's the best.
Well blame it on the anti-Americanism with the USAmerican term. When America and Americans are under attack - I pull this or one of my other patriotic avatars out. When things are calm and there isnt' anti-American stuff going on - then I use the little devil one.

I have some bad news for Me# though - I heard entmoot is thinking of changing how many posts you need to get a custom title.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #174
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Great news! I got (forced) into a program at my school for the GATE students (Gifted and Something Something else ). I am glad, too. I get to write, and talk about all of my favorite books. But mostly write.
had to do double take there, TB, GATE in UK is a programme to get girls into traditional boys subjects (I think it is Girls in Advanced Technology and Engineering) it goes hand-in-hand with GIST (Girls In Science and Technology)
Old 03-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #175
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Does that mean that if they change it to 1000, people who just passed 500 and just got theirs will have it taken away?
Old 03-09-2005, 10:09 PM   #176
jerseydevil

LoCU - I guess you got my message - I saw you were here by going in "who's online" Want a drink?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-09-2005, 10:10 PM   #177
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

seeing as how there isn't really a suitable place to stick this now:

I believe in evolution as a completely accurate theory
I follow buddhist teachings
I do not believe that Life was created from the scales of a great dragon slain by Shiva
I believe that this is a suitable myth for a pre-science civilisation.

cuppa tea, anyone?
Old 03-09-2005, 10:12 PM   #178
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

well, i had better be off to bed, got 6 hours before my college bus leaves, and i ought to sleep first thinking of boycotting all religious threads, now, i'll stick to the Evidence for Evolution thread from now on
Old 03-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #179
jerseydevil

Quote:
seeing as how there isn't really a suitable place to stick this now:

I believe in evolution as a completely accurate theory
I follow buddhist teachings
I do not believe that Life was created from the scales of a great dragon slain by Shiva
I believe that this is a suitable myth for a pre-science civilisation.
I had looked at buddhism - but I didn't like how woman were treated as second class.
Quote:
cuppa tea, anyone?
I'll have hot cocoa - it's freezing here.

By the way everyone - PARTYYYYYY. SGH said she's not moderating for an indefinte amount of time (or until she gets some respect).

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-09-2005, 10:16 PM   #180
jerseydevil

Quote:
well, i had better be off to bed, got 6 hours before my college bus leaves, and i ought to sleep first thinking of boycotting all religious threads, now, i'll stick to the Evidence for Evolution thread from now on
Well g-night and have a good day tomorrow.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Closed Thread