Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-11-2005, 04:11 PM   #161
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'll be making my post very shortly (trying to get all my GoM info back together again so I can remember what comes next ).
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:33 PM   #162
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Earniel: Great post: made me laugh twice:
We aim to please.

Quote:
Laugh 1) whatever you do don't suggest going for a drink with Fletch just now! we're in a Hurry! (oh alright just a quick one) i know he loves Ravenlocks but he does like a drink! hey you got some cards there?
Oh, Beryn wouldn't do that, she had a reasonable sense of timing for drinking. Well...at least most of the time she does. But where Beryn is, a drinking opportunity will present itself in time. And should we ever come to a lul in the plot, be my guest to teach her how to play cards.

Interesting backstory for Fletch, you should insert it, or at least some of it, in the game. It'd be too bad to let the effort you put in writing all that be wasted in this discussion thread. Maybe when you talk to Harn would be a good time. Knowing Tessar, it will take some time before he 'gets all his GoM info back together again so he can remember what comes next'. *pokes GM*
Old 05-17-2005, 12:20 PM   #163
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Actually I HAVE been looking for it---on both computers, on all my word files, on all the floppy disks I own (a lot) and on all the burnable CDs I own (also a lot).

I have come to the conclusion that I freakin' lost it . Meaning I don't remember what exactly was supposed to come next, and since this was my first time GMing I was kind of hoping to stick to an exact outline. (Despite snarky comments from certain people about my just making excuses this time )

Butterbeer--please don't make OOC comments in the roleplay thread. If you want to say something OOC say it here .

So anyways... what the hell. This is probably good for my GMing skills, or something... Everyone hang on to their Player Character... *gets ready to take a stab at reorienting the plot* .
Old 05-22-2005, 09:18 AM   #164
Earniel

Aww, poor you. *grabs hold of Beryn* Start reorientating plot right away!

Psst, butterbeer, now is the time to inform Kalin of your fiancee and join the gang.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:16 PM   #165
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

PMed BB and he said he'll be posting shortly.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:33 PM   #166
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
PMed BB and he said he'll be posting shortly.

wow 3-3!what a game: it was mad: superb! Liverpool won the European cup!

er yeah will be posting in a bit, cheers!
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:03 PM   #167
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

BB, would you mind trying to look for a word other than bastard, or go ahead and spell it out all the way? Looks very awkward to have b****** .
Old 05-26-2005, 07:07 PM   #168
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
BB, would you mind trying to look for a word other than bastard, or go ahead and spell it out all the way? Looks very awkward to have b****** .
sorry how about Orc Vermin or something similar?
Old 05-27-2005, 12:43 AM   #169
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

That'd work, but bastard is still fine and dandy so long as you spell it out all the way, and as long as Eärniel has no problem with it .
Old 05-28-2005, 09:40 AM   #170
Earniel

Having no problem with it. Besides, 'Bastards' rolls of my tongue all too easily when I'm cursing in English. There are a lot of worse words anyway.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:48 AM   #171
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Bad Eärniel!!! BAAAAAAAD Eärniel! No making OOC comments in the IC thread!
Old 05-28-2005, 03:17 PM   #172
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I appologize to everyone for my crappy writing these last few posts. I've been too lazy to write anything for a while now and I think it's showing .

Anyways, Eärniel and Butterbeer, you guys can feel free to do a little chatting or some such, but don't catch up to the scouts . We'll get things back on track with a little action!!!

I need to PM some of the other people and see if they're still interested in writing...
Old 05-29-2005, 02:10 AM   #173
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I am, but I'm not quite sure what to write at the moment.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 04:38 AM   #174
Earniel

Quote:
Bad Eärniel!!! BAAAAAAAD Eärniel! No making OOC comments in the IC thread!
It wasn't idle chit-chat, it was pertinent to the game!

I tend to do it a lot in the TLA-game, it's so much a habit that I didn't think of it. But I'll try and mend my ways in this game. Please, oh fearless leader, don't throw me out of the game! I'll be good!
Old 05-29-2005, 10:22 AM   #175
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

As am I am a wise, benenenenivolent leader, I shall overlook your... ermmm... overlook... this time.

Telecontor--you could always try talking to Fletch . You know... guy talk. Orcs, swords, horses, swords, bows, axes, swords, racing, women, shoppin--errr... swords... ploting Harn's death...
Old 06-01-2005, 05:35 AM   #176
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

I thought beryn might be interested as she had just wondered with a smile i think how Harn would react to yet another wanderer joining the party!

A bit of chat maybe ok if written with a sense of urgent preparation in the background ... this all started / happened a few hours ago yes? I find it odd no one is interested in new strangers thrust into their midsts when we are after this cunning and evil Sorcerer Mr S (not that i now this yet: i don't even know who you are after or why) and no one even seems to know each others names: for example i would not necessarily know who was a ranger or a dunedain: i might be able to guess but it would only be a guess at this point.

I find it odd the party do not ask any questions from someone who has come down trail of the Orc party: nor seek more information about their strength, weaponry, any news or sighting of their prey etc or their devices etc etc.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:55 PM   #177
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Well, that's what this moment is all about, so tell us already!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:59 PM   #178
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

thought you were riding ahead with whatsis name?

TD: thanks for the "hello" could i ask you to edit what you wrote for Fletch a little please?

Just so we can at these early stages gauge his character a little better and with continuity

original post:
Anfal moved towards the newcomer.
"Welcome I am Anfal. One of the Dunedain of the North."
"I am Fletch," replied the newcomer. "Umm, do you know what's the matter with that other Ranger, he seemed a little off with me earlier."
"You mean Harn? He's alright. Sometimes you just want to kill him, but you'll get used to him. He feels bad about the death of a young girl who he knew, he's taken it quite hard."

Fletch is still out of breath and running on adrenalin, he has been woken up had his fiancee forcibly taken, chased the orc party single handed, been forced to withdraw and run back to seek help: been accused by the ( from his viewpoint) oddest and most inert chasing party he could ever imagine of over verbosity!!! : and then to cap it all and making no sense whatsover been told by them there's no time to dilly dally around with chit chat!

(!) (this is all by the way in-character observation - tessar: hold up a mirror up to earniel and you'll see Butterbeer reflected back accidentaly doing the opposite: being IC in the discussion thread: oops sorry!)

even though he has presumably information any ranger or tracker would want to glean .... he's then been been blanked and then someone comes up to have a bit of a natter! (no offence, good of you to say hello to be honest!)

Fletch is a good judge of character and i have no doubt yours is one he'll warm to but just at this momment i think shorter curter answers are called for

i would suggest instead of " i am ..." to just

"Fletch!" replied the newcomer

lose the "Ummm" fletch is not indecisive nor in any mood to be woolly

i'd look to change this (below) to whatever you like but shorter and curter again i'd edit this if you would - if thats ok?

"do you know what's the matter with that other Ranger, he seemed a little off with me earlier."

to maybe: "what's his problem?"

hope that isn't too much? I just think as a new character it's important to try and get that character across from the start.

best to all
BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 06-01-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:29 PM   #179
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Sure, will do it now.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:49 AM   #180
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

You didn't quite get it right BB:

Harn and Lanor are scouting off ahead, the rest of the party, including Kalin, are getting their horses together and riding after the ranger and the woodsman.