Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-05-2007, 06:15 PM   #161
orithil
Captain Jack

Dirith flyed over the ruins of osgiliath.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:38 AM   #162
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Theoden

"Oh!" cried Merry, "Umm, Pip, this is, uh, Oak Leaf." He gestured towards the hourness and back to his friend, "and, Oak Leaf, this is my cousin, Perigrin Took."
He glanced back at Pippin as he waited to see what his cousin's reactions would be.

----

"Not that I know of," said Raenambar as honestly as he could, "Never as far I can remember, but you never know. I'm hoping that being there might reawaken some of my memories, but that's only if I have any of Rivendell to begin with. It's a start, though." He said with a hopeful smile. To himself he thought, "I can't let these voices bring me down. I'll just have to deal with it for now."
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:34 AM   #163
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion reflected Raenambar's hopeful smile and nodded encouragingly, hoping that Rivendell would help his friend some .
"I haven't been there," he said casually, "But I've heard stories about it, it sounds like a wonderful place."
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:34 AM   #164
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar tried recalling all that he had heard of Rivendell, but he found that he knew next to nothing of it. He had, however, heard of Lord Elrond.
"The Lord of Rivendell, Elrond Halfelven, do you suppose he is as great as his reputation suggests? I have heard his gifts could rival the Lady's, though I feel that that may be an exagerration. What do you think?"
Old 07-28-2007, 12:39 PM   #165
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion shrugged.
"I really couldn't say," he replied. "Of the stories I've heard I never thought about who's gifts were greater. I suppose I always assumed that each had gifts best suited to watcher over the people and the place that they governed."
Old 07-29-2007, 01:51 AM   #166
orithil
Captain Jack

A orc high commander approached Dirith who was sitting on his fell beast,
"My lord yah ave been recalled back tah mordor, the dark lord wisha's tah see ya"

"I see....i will trust the command here to you if osgiliath falls you shall suffer a pain worse then death"

"It wont fall me lord"

With that Dirith took off and headed back to mordor, there the mouth of sauron greeted him.
"the dark lord request's that you start being a menace to the enemy, gather your army which is in the feilds of dargorlad (is that how you spell it) and do what ever you can burn forest destroy docks ports and anything that could aid our enemy. do you understand?"

"indeed" Dirith nodded.

He flew to the fields of dargorlad and their he picked up 3000 orcs and 1000 mordor uruks
"A fast army indeed, those fools have yet to meet my tactical skill i shall outwit thier best generels, even those foolish elves."

The army advanced towards Rohan were they crossed the river and headed to fangorn forest were they made a gigantic army camp which was well fortified as Rohan was blind to their presence all the way up by fangorn.
(can we change the story as in, have a nazgul at helms deep (without the fell beast just the horses) etc?)

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.

Last edited by orithil : 07-29-2007 at 02:10 AM.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:26 PM   #167
Pip
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuinor
"Oh!" cried Merry, "Umm, Pip, this is, uh, Oak Leaf." He gestured towards the hourness and back to his friend, "and, Oak Leaf, this is my cousin, Perigrin Took."
He glanced back at Pippin as he waited to see what his cousin's reactions would be.
"Pleased to meet you," said Pippin, still a little bit unnerved with the idea of a talking tree.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #168
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Oak Leaf blinked her deer eyes.
"nice to meet Perigrin" she said. She turned back to Merry, her leaves rustling with the movement. "Perhaps Oak Leaf wait at edge of trees for tasty draught?"

Acalewia bypassed Osgiliath, riding hard toward Minas Tirith. Arrows flew from Osgiliath. The half-elf knew the Gondorans would know her at a distance. Silvermist screamed as some of the arrows pierced her hide while Acalewia gritted her teeth at the ones that didn't bounce off her hidden mithril. She pulled out one of the arrows from Silvermist. Orcs. Her thoughts imediatly went to Broamir and Faramir. She prayed they had escaped. More arrows flew from Osgiliath before Silvermist was out of range.

It was nearing dark when she finally reached the gates of Minas Tirith. She was glad the gates were open. As soon as she passed through the gates, they were closed behind her. Broamir ran toward her from the walls while his brother ran toward her from the second level gate.
"You didn't go to Osgiliath, did you?" she shook her head.
"No," they were the only words she spoke before toppling from her horse.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #169
YayGollum
Enting

Location: A place called Fort Myers. In the evil state of Florida, a part of the United States Of America, of North America, Earth, Sol system.
As they were walking and talking, Raenambar and Revion might have felt the ground trembling. A bit later, they most probably heard plenty of noise as something huge crashed through anything in its way. If either happened to look the way they had come, they would have seen a stone giant cresting the hill behind them. Although it might not have been readily apparent, this was a giantess, and her eyes lit up when she spotted them. First with surprise, then with curiosity, and lastly, with annoyance. Pouting ---> "No horsies? Two little ones with nothing to carry them? I wanted some fun! They will have to do!" She then produced a small knife (for her, at least) and gave an ugly grin.

- Myself
YayGollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:38 PM   #170
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion felt the giantess coming and heard her shortly after. Looking over at Raenambar he could tell his friend heard it too. Revion pulled his quarter-staff from his back as the stone giantess came into view. When he beheld sight of her his blood ran cold.
"We are in so much trouble," he thought to himself.

Last edited by Pip : 08-24-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:23 AM   #171
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

As he turned to see the giantess approaching them, Raenambar's hands, controlled by the mysterious instincts that he possessed, moved down to his two longswords that hung at his sides. Even as he wrapped his hands around the hilts, the voices from before echoed in his mind.
"Do not stand in my way, or you shall meet my blade."
"Here I stand, brother."
The words tumbled over in his head, but Raenambar found he had no time to ponder them, for as he drew forth both his black and white blades the giantess began to advance.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:25 AM   #172
YayGollum
Enting

Location: A place called Fort Myers. In the evil state of Florida, a part of the United States Of America, of North America, Earth, Sol system.
The giantess shrieked at the sight of the swords and merely started to circle them warily. She grunted at Raenembar but stood up straight every now and then, as if she was looking for someone else to blame. Not too much later, another bit of rumbling was heard, as well as some war cries. The giantess gained a mischievous look, then charged at Revion, whose stick she wasn't afraid of, while swinging her knife inexpertedly.

Before she got there, a huge and trollish-looking thing (although not nearly as huge or as ugly as the giant) barrelled into her, throwing her off balance. She merely stumbled back a few paces and grinned, but the guy shoved a heavy warhammer in her face, which invoked a pout. "Hey! No hurting!" The big guy snarled and swung at her legs.

Belatedly, a dark-skinned and purple-robed but otherwise very normal-looking guy rushed up and started flicking wickedly sharp little throwing knives over the hammer-weilder's back and into the giant's eyes with a few, "Take that! And one of these! Pesky girl!" sorts of comments.

A thin and weak-looking little guy then poked his head out from behind other's back. Determining that the giant was distracted, he scuttled out and towards Raenembar and Revion. "Come on! This way! Just out of her sight, over there!"

- Myself
Old 08-31-2007, 07:17 PM   #173
Pip
Elven Warrior

"Wait," exclaimed Revion,"we can fight, we have to help."
He choked up his grip on his staff and went to join the fray.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:08 PM   #174
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

As Raenambar half listened to his friend's comment, he kept the greater part of his focus on the fight at hand. The sight of the two gigantic figures smashing into one another was a little more than intimidating. His full attention turned back on Revion as he heard his friend say, "We can fight, we have to help."
With an incredulous look on his face Raenambar asked, "Are you sure we can?"
But he knew that questioning was pointless now that his friend had joined in the fray. Looking back at the thin man who had been trying to help them, Raenambar gave a quick shrugg and turned to follow Revion into battle.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:25 PM   #175
YayGollum
Enting

The little guy raised an eyebrow and gaped with disbelief a couple of times, but he backed off while shaking his head, prematurely coming up with a few words for the dead. The giant, after getting a black eye from the hammer, started bawling and glaring and scrambling away. She kicked dirt at her pursuers a couple of times but finally stumbled back over the hill she came from, whimpering.

The big guy grunted, brushed a bit of dirt off, nodded slightly to Raenembar and Revion, then marched off the way he came. The Southron clapped the little guy on the shoulder, which jumped with strung nerves. The little guy breathed with relief to find that it was merely his companion, striding up to meet the others. "Greetings, fellow travellers! I am Gladeo. This is Nandreeson, and the large fellow is called Guy. He's just going back to bring our cart. We are merchants, and happy to meet such brave souls! We can hold our own against that one but weren't half as eager on our first encounter!"

- Myself
Old 09-01-2007, 01:53 AM   #176
Nuelbar
Hobbit

Nazgul

Hmmm. Pavelon, thought to himself as he watched this odd group of creatures . How stupid of them? Pavelon, thought to himself, for all of them, especially the elves, even them in particular, to have no cognizance of his presence. "Uh, the fools," Pavelon thought. "Oh, well, he still must do what he was sent to do, even if he didn't get to fight." His powers had grown a lot since he had been with Sauramon and Sauron. And today, in fact, he was on a mission that the "Eye" had told Sauramon.

Then, without second guessing his first judgement to not fight, he slowly drew his wand. As he drew his wand, he noticed that the elf, the older looking of the two, was being/acting very unaware of everything, which is something that he had been taught, elves never do. Something is severely bothering him, Pavelon thought to himself. Now, the younger elf on the other hand, was. . . well, not aware of his surroundings. What a fool, thought Pavelon and a smirk came to his thin face. Then to Pavelons humor the troll returned with the mercenary cart. "Finally," thought Pavelon as he let the words of magic flood his mind and then cast a spell, with a circling movement of his wand, over all of the group that was in front of him. The spell temporarily made all of them fall into a deep sleep. Even the troll was effected, which Pavelon watched slowly fall over and make a thud as it hit the ground. Pavelon laughed slightly as the earth trembled from the troll's fall.

Hmmm. Pavelon thought to himself as he pondered the situation. Sauramon had informed him that the Dark Lord's bidding was to alter the memory of the two elves. Now to that. First Pavelon walked up to the older of the two elves and examined him. He carried two swords with him, Pavelon noticed with an interest. One was white and the other black. These swords are strange, there has to be something special about them. Pavelon pondered to himself. Hmmm. Pavelon had seen these swords before, but where? Or had he. . . . These swords had a strange power in them and Pavelon could sense it. Now, to get to business. First, after allowing the words of magic to flood his mind, Pavelon pointed his wand at the senior elf and flicked his wand. And then, as if in response, the elf's mouth made a small grimace, but moved no more Then he pointed his wand at the younger elf, which wasn't much farther away, and flicked his wand. And the younger elf's mouth did the same. Their memories were altered and Pavelon's job was done. However, Pavelon did not know why Sauron wanted these elves memories altered, but he bet that it had something to do with those swords. Hmmm. Those swords. There was something about them. . . .

Excellent, Pavelon thought to himself, after coming out of a small daze, knowing that the great Sauramon, who was clumsy, would be jealous of his success. Sauramon could not have even spied on the two elves for as long as Pavelon had, which had only been for a little while. In Pavelons view, Sauramon had already outlasted the Dark Lord's bidding.

Hmmm. Nonetheless, Pavelon made a note to himself to ask Sauramon about those swords. Then with an air of determidness, Pavelon, while the words of magic were in his mind, cast a transporation spell, and was gone.

*Pavelon had to think a lot because if he had whispered the elves would have heard him.

Last edited by Nuelbar : 09-02-2007 at 12:51 AM.
Nuelbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:13 AM   #177
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion looked around him in a daze. His surroundings had suddenly changed. They had been talking with the group they had run into when he began to feel weary and then all of the sudden he was in a completely different place. Actually, now that he looked around, he recognized it as Mirkwood. Although it was far beyond the bounds of what he usually would think of as where the center of the city was.
"How did I get here?" he thought quietly to himself. Where is everyone? was the next thout.
Revion tightened his grip around his quarter staff nervously as he tried to figure out what to do next. After a while his elven hearing picked up the noise of a group of people and followed it. He came across a camp of elves gathered around a camp fire. He rushed forward thinking maybe he could get some straight answers when something stop him in his tracks. Or rather someone.
"Father?" Revion whispered not believing his eyes. In fact he blinked his eyes for few moments. When the figure he saw didn't dissapear he ran forward excitedly to embrace him. Only when he threw his arms around him, he ran straight through the elf. Revion tunred around, his father and none of the other elves seemed to have noticed him. He walked up behind his father and went to tap him on the shoulder, only to watch his hand pass through the elder elf's shoulder. Revion felt tears burning at his eyes. It was only an apparition, a memory. He was brought out of his thoughts by a loud call.
"We're under attack!" a sentry called, stirring the elves of the camp into action.
Revion watched in horror as a battalion of orcs ran out of the forest and engaged the group of elves into combat. But what shocked Revion the most was the familiar figure of an elf, bearing two blades, one white and one black, at the front of the battalion, leading the attack and taking out many elves in the process. The young elf looked around trying to catch sight of his father. When he finally sighted him, he had kiiled the orcs around him and had engaged Raenambar in battle. Revion watched in horrifed fasination at the two figures that battled together. He watched Raenamabr arc his blade up at a fatal angle and ran up with a cry, placeing himself in between the two elves as if to stop the blade in it's path. He saw Raenambar's face. The older elf's eyes burned with malice and his mouth was a twisted sneer. The knife swept through him and a moment later he heard a strangled cry. He turned around right into the glazed eyes of his father's and watched the elf fall to the ground into a lifeless heap. Revion blinked and suddenly the scenery changed. He wiped way at the tears tracking down his face and looke up to see where he was this time. He finally recognized the place as a small meadow and that there was a number of elven women gathering herbs and plants. He remembered this. Elves had gone out at times when healing supplies were low to replenish the stock. He turned and saw his mother standing nearby.
"No, no no no," he said to himself, is voice getting louder as he spoke. After the last thing he had just witnessed and the fact that his mother had been killed one day while gathering herbs he figured he had a pretty good idea of what was coming. Sure enough, several moment later, before he cold even begin to try and think of a way to stop it, the group was under attack by another group of orcs. Revion's heart nearly broke when he saw Raenambar at the lead again. They way he was shouting and the way he had been leading in the earlier scene, Revion had surmised that he was in a high state of command, for the other side. Revion watched helplessly as his mother was run through with the white blade. Her anguished wail snapped him out of his state and overcome with rage he charged Raenamabr and through himself at the elf in rage. He tumbled through, lost his footing fell...
...and woke up with a heavy start and yelp, his chest heaving. When he finally caught his breath he looked around. He was back in the fores with Raenambar and the merchant group they had met up with. Everyone was on the ground with him apparently asleep. Including Raenmbar. Raenambar. That name brought a surge of emotion run through him. He looked over at the slumbering elf. His less rational mind, the one silently yearning for vengence over the years filled his body with rage. He felt the dagger at his belt. It would be so easy he though, kill the elf while he slept. Swift and painless, certainly better than his parents had received.
"No he thought silently to himself. He had vowed he would not sink to the level of the enemy, a level beyond honor. He would wait for his former friend to wake up and then he would engage him in a fair fight, and he would finally end it.

Last edited by Pip : 09-04-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:01 AM   #178
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar stepped lightly accross the ground covered thickly in leaves. He knew not where he was, nor what had happened. He glanced around, hoping to find some sort of clue as to where he was, when suddenly he saw orcs approaching him through the trees.
"Curses," he hissed as he ducked low behind a bush. Reaching down at his side he found that both his swords were gone.
"Again! Curses!"
The orcs came on, closing the didstance between them. As they came closer, however, Raenambar noticed a fell figure leading them. Through the leaves of the bush the figure was too dificult to recognized, but Raenambar did notice that in his hands the figure caried a white and a black blade. His blades. Rage filled him towards this one who had stolen the only link to his past, and Raenambar emerged from his hiding place just in time for an arrow to pass through his chest. The sight of the arrow startled him, but he was more concerned with the orc that it had struck just a few feet in front of him. He turned about to see elven warriors engaging the orc invaders, and from the looks of them, Raenambar deduced that he must be in Mirkwood. He watched as the elves shouted orders and strategies back and forth to one another. He didn't realize how long he had watched until the figure that bore his blades passed straight through him. He watched its back, not knowing exactly what to do, as it began felling elven warriors all around it. Several fell against him as he slowly made his way to an elf of apparent skill who had slain several orcs.
"Run away, you fool!" Raenambar cried as the two engaged in battle. He watched in horror at the figure that wielded his blades as it swung both around with deadly skill. The elf managed to block the first few strikes, but then Raenambar saw something that startled him. The figure twisted the black blade around behind him and arced a blow over and down on his unsuspecting foe. Raenambar's hands twichted at the sight, as is in objection that this monster would use his own technique with his own swords. Raenambar felt his rage growing as the valiant elf fell to the ground, dead. He wanted to scream at the figure, but his voice was stolen as it turned around to face him. Raenambar's mouth fell open as he looked into the face of that monster: for the figure's face was his own. Raenambar stared into the mirror image of himself, and he flet sick as the other him grinned with a horid satisfaction.
Raenambar fell to his knees as the world changed around him, and he found himself in a small meadow where several elfin maidens harvested herbs. He glanced behind him to see the orcs coming once again. Turning back around, he saw himself once again leading the charge. Raenambar felt sick to his stomach as he saw an elfin maiden die upon the white blade. He let himself fall face forward into the ground, but as he hit the leaf covered surface he found the world had changed again. He found himself surrounded by the strange creatures that had engaged a fight around them. He looked over to see his friend Revion staring at him with a fell fire in his eyes.
"Oh, my friend," Raenambar muttered, and with that, he turned over and vomited.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #179
Pip
Elven Warrior

REvion winced slightly as he watched Raenambar throw up on the ground. He figured that the elder elf had most likely seen something horrifc in his dreams just recently to cause him to suddenly expel his stomach contenst directly upon waking up. But beyond that he cared not. He waited for a few moments after Raenambar had finished for him to catch his breath and regain his focus. The young elf then stood and looked at Raenambar with eyes full of a cold hatred.
"On you feet," he ordered in a harsh whisper, gripping his staff readily.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:40 AM   #180
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar, balanced shakingly on all fours, heard his friends harsh voice command him to stand. He glanced up at Revion with a confused look, and saw that he was standing armed and prepared to fight.
"Wha-" Raenambar gasped, "What's going on?"