Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-25-2002, 08:45 PM   #161
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Waa-aah-ahh! I wanna write . . . . !
I have no spare time lately and I'm sorry. Hopefully I'll find time over this weekend, but school is drawing to a close and the teachers are merciless. Sorry I'm so unregular in posting.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 10:39 AM   #162
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content

OOC: When the comming week is over, I'll be done with my exams, though this week I'll have to spend all my time on doing maths and fysics, as I came up in exams in both of those classes, and they are tough!

Soon we'll all have more time on our hands I hope!

- Falathion
Old 05-26-2002, 11:44 PM   #163
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

hopefully
the rpg is getting along very very slowly
Old 05-31-2002, 10:42 AM   #164
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

OOC: Finally done with my exams!!! YES!

The sad thing for this story though, is that I will not have time to post before tomorrow, but I will post then! Finished-exams-party: here I come!!!

I'm an happy, happy elf now

- Falathion
Old 05-31-2002, 08:58 PM   #165
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

lol, congrats
Old 06-02-2002, 07:32 AM   #166
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"Me?" Falathion glanced up at Elrond. "Yes, you." Falathion walked up the grass to where Elrond was standing, and Texol walked a little to the side.
"For you, my friend, I find your part in this journey very important. I can not explain this, it is just a feeling I have. For this I bring you this elven cape which will cover you whenever you need hiding." Falathion took the cape with gratitude. "I have something else for you also. I bring you a new quiver with darts made of mithril. They will penetrate any surfase and hurt any creature of flesh and blood. Use them wisly." Arat-Falathion bowed deeply as he accepted the new quiver with arrows of mithril and walked down to Cúrion, Undulë and Theneal.

"Arat-Cúrion, will you come forth?" Cúrion walked up to Elrond. "You are blessed with this mysterious sword that we do not understand. Your sword are the reason for the journey you now are about to travel, and so I see your importanse to the outcome of the war very important. I bring you an elven cape, just like the one I gave your son. I also bring you this ring." Elrond reveald a silver ring with a yellow stone attached to it. "This is Nármalina. The yellow fire, it will sence the presence of the dark Maiar, like Balrogs and maybe others turned into evil by Morgoth, Sauron or who knows who, in ancient times. I have a fealing you will need this." Cúrion bowed and recieved his gifts before he walked down to his son again with the yellow shining of Nármalina on his hand and the red shining from Nármacil on his right side.

"Undulë, I have gifts for you as well." Undulë walk up to meet Elrond. "I give also you an elven cape and I give you this elven sword, Anguirel. This was the twinsword of Anglachel that was wielded by none other then Turin Turambar. It was smithed by Eol and was lost after his death at Gondolin. Like so many other high-elven swords, this sword also was found in a trolls cave and given to me as a gift. I now pass it on, as I see you will have better use of it then I will ever have." Undulë bowed deeply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: I think everyone should deside for them selves what gifts are given them, as only you have any ideas of your characters destiny and meaning in the saga.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIC: "There is a great army on the move" Gandalf stated. The ground was now shacking repeatedly as the march got stronger and stronger. "I think we better move" Gandalf wispered. "We better move fast!" It was in this moment that Gandalf the White turned his head in the direction of Arathorn. "Men? In these parts?"
Arathorn and Telefam rode towards them, and Gandalf felt relief to his heart when he saw who they were.
OOC: Finaly another post yeh? Let us hope that we can keep the story alive till the final climax!

- Falathion, son of Cúrion, son of BÃ*renath.
Old 06-02-2002, 01:30 PM   #167
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc: HE POSTS?! :P oh and maeglin stole eol's sword

Both of them dismounted and walked to Mithrandir. "Hail Mithrandir! It has been many years since we met. This is my companion Telefam. The others of our company are away tot he north."
"Yes many years. We are planning an assault on Isengard. Once again a storm brews above it."
"My company i am with was set out as errand riders from Minas Tirith. When they returned in sight of the city the outer walls were beginning to crumble. They say there was an army about the city and specks of fire. A man they met upon the road fleeing from the carnage. He said to them that-that the King has died."
At this news Gandalf was grieved but not shocked. "It seems now you are the rightful King of Gondor. But im afraid that your city shall be for the most part destroyed.
"I am no King. It wasnt my city. I was driven forth from it years ago. You know that verl well."
Old 06-05-2002, 08:16 AM   #168
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

"That is true, my friend. But you are rightfull to the throne, and so you can claim it. Gondor needs their kind during times like these, thou shall never unclaim what is yours to claim, my friend, remember that. And even if you speak of not being wanted, I see you leading many men; and so my guesses is that you are not so unwanted after all." Gandalf smiled and so did Arathorn. "You may be right, Mithrandir. Though I see no time for such talk now, we need to gather our men quickly."
The loud noise of marching armies was getting closer. "You are right Arathorn. Lead us to your men!"

- Falathion
Old 06-06-2002, 05:37 PM   #169
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

OOC: Might as well arm as we're going into dangerous territory. Okay, here goes...

"Numenor Took." Numenor looked up in surprise. He hadn't been paying attention for a moment since he had been looking at the sword Elrond had given Undulë. With a nudge from Magnanamous he stepped forward. A bit nervous he stood before Elrond. "It does seem every time hobbits visit Rivendell, they leave on an important mission." Elrond said. "The task you've volunteered for shall not be easy on you or on any of your companions. Therefore I give you this." He gave the hobbit an elven knife that to Numenor seemed as a sword. Numenor took it silently and looked at it in awe. "It will aid you well on your quest. It was made in Gondolin the lost elven city, it's name is Ilmenang. A better knife you shall not easily find." "Thank you" said Numenor softly and bowed.

"Magnanamous Brandybuck, will you step foreward, please?"
Magnanamous stepped foreward and stood next to Numenor. The hobbits exchanged a quick smile. Elrond looked down on them. "The gift I have for you is equal to that of Numenor, may you find equal use for it." said Elrond and with this he presented the hobbit with another elven knife. It looked different to that of Numenor, the markings on it were different too. "This is Elenruth, made in Valinor and as hard as mithril." "Wow" said Magnanamous as he looked at the knife. "It's beautiful..." He recovered quickly and bowed. "I thank you for this gift, Lord Elrond." Elrond smiled and turned his gaze towards Rosalina at last.

"Miss Gamgee, come forth please." Rosalina looked uncertain for a moment but then stepped foreward, she gave the other hobbits a nervous little smile. "No weapons do I have to give you, but a gift that suits your talents better. Your forefather was an excellent gardner, a skill that still runs in the family, so I'm told." Rosalina bushed. Elrond handed her a bundel of cloth. The smell of several herbs rose from it. "This bundel holds several herbs that can cure many illness and hurt. May you use it wisely." Elrond added. "Thank you, sir." mumbled Rosalina as she held her bundle close.
Old 06-07-2002, 02:00 PM   #170
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

"Loriel of Mirkwood" Loriel approached Elrond and bowed. "To you I bring These few gifts: A bow and quiver of Lothlorien. And here this: a seed of one of the trees of Greenwood, before it became Mirkwood. When your journey is ended, it is you duty to restore Mirkwood to how it was before the coming of the Dark Lord."
"I thank you, sir." Loriel bowed again and stepped back.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis

Last edited by Nariel Starfire : 06-08-2002 at 12:44 PM.
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 04:39 PM   #171
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

OOC: Welcome back to the game Nariel It is good to have you here. One thing though, it was Elrond who gave the gifts in Rivendell, Gandalf is by the gates of Isengard at this moment

Hantalë!

- Falathion
Old 06-07-2002, 05:17 PM   #172
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ooc: i think you're confused with texol
Old 06-09-2002, 05:09 PM   #173
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

OOC: Hi everyone. I'm back. Sorry for deserting you like that. I had RL problems. I want to rejoin the RP, but I have no idea what is going on. Could someone fill me in?

And they carried them to the flatlands
But they died along the way
And they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO till the day I die.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 07:28 AM   #174
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Out of Content:

OOC: It is really good to see you back Aragorn!! RL will always be more important than this, and so RL situations may accur to anyone of us I am pleased to see you back!

Michelle the Fair took over your character for a little while as you were gone, nothing major has happened with your character though except that he is going on a journey to the ruins of angband together with some of the other players. There has been a council held in Rivendell and the journey is about to begin. Elrond is now giving away gifts for those who are leaving, and so you must make your post to what Elrond gives you... That is basically what has happened since you left. The hobbits are in Rivendell now...
Gandalf is at the outskirts of Isengard together with Arathorn and some men, maybe they'll fight the orcs in Isengard.

Oleander walks together with a woonded elf from rivendell somewhere between mirkwood and lorien...

The rest of the active characters are in rivendell atm.

Good luck and welcome back!
-----------------------------------
Tar-Elendil: may you please post next on the happening near Isengard?

- Falathion
Old 06-10-2002, 12:45 PM   #175
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

They could still hear the marching but it was now growing faint and their tensions eased. Arathorn bid Telefam fetch the others of their company and return. Within half an hour this was done and their host was assembled.
Old 06-10-2002, 09:13 PM   #176
Aragorn
Elven Warrior

OOC: Okay. Here we go. *Cracks knuckles, causing a stampede to trample him.*

IC:

"Drelin, come forth." Elrond's voice rang throughout the room. Drelin stepped forward shyly. This drew a smile from most of the people in the room. Drelin slowly made his way to Elrond. Finally he stood in front of him, "Drelin, you were the first one to see the orcs hidden in the woods, and you acted quickly in a situation where most would be helpless. May your sight never grow dimmer. To you I give Ariandul, the Bow of the North. Never has an arrow been shot farther by any other bow. Use it well, for I think your heroics have yet to come to an end."

Drelin bowed low, and quickly moved out of his sight for his cheeks were bright red. He removed his own bow from its holder and put on Ariandul.

OOC: Hopefully nothing wrong with that post. If there is just tell me and I'll fix it.

And they carried them to the flatlands
But they died along the way
And they built up with their bare hands
What we still can't do today.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO till the day I die.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 09:29 PM   #177
Michelle The Fair
Enting

OOC:Glad to see you Aragorn. you were missed. My other Charater, Beoren, you can write for sometimes. If you want to.

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 01:59 AM   #178
Michelle The Fair
Enting

"Beoren, step foward please." Beoren walked up and bowed before Elrond. "To you I give Elenmir, the Star-Jewel. May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out." Beoren took the small blue stone form him, its was strung on a thin chain of silver, and placed around his neck. "I feel you will have great need of this.Use it wisely." "I will my lord." With that Beoren bowed and turn to rejoin Drelin and Mer-Asilynn.

Elrond's words went through his mind. He knew a dreaded fate waited for him in Angband.

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 06:22 PM   #179
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

OOC: Ok, those who haven't brought their character forth to Elrond might do it later... we should get this RPG on the move again now

BIC:
Texol stared at the mountains in the north and sighted, "It is time. Let us go before it is too late." Shadows beyond the horizon was getting deeper and darker for every breath they took.

"So let us go then," Theneal said jumping ontop of one of the horses that were led out to them.

"And may the Valar enlighten your path, my friends." Elrond said. "Namárië..."

and so they started their journey. Texol led the way, though he was riding in deep thoughts and did not sense much of the world surrounding him...
- Falathion...
Old 06-26-2002, 07:22 AM   #180
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

The hobbits stared doubtfull at the grown horses for a while. But one of the elves came near and said: "Fear not, Those horses are indeed too large for hobbits but Elrond has provided some more suitable riding-animals for you." He led them to three ponies. "Oh they're lovely!" exclaimed Rosalina. The elf smiled. "Indeed they are. They come from a good breed and are brave and loyal." The hobbits looked in admiration at the ponies. All three of them had a soft and light grey coloured fur. The hobbits chose each a pony and the elf helped them loading their luggage. Soon they were ready. Numenor and Magnanamous helped Rosalina on first. The hobbitlass looked a bit unsure at first but soon she caught the rythm of the pony's pace and was at ease. Numenor and Magnanamous mounted their ponies as well as Theneal gave the signal to depart. "So", said Numenor "We depart at last." Who would have thought that I would see Rivendell one day and leave it already the next day for some wild adventure, he added silently to himself. He turned only once to see Rivendell fade away in the distance far behind.