Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 01:27 PM   #161
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

The whole crew, though still sleepy and a few who had managed to amazingly fall asleeep while standing up, where on deck and alert as one could expect. Earniel and Sicirus waited for the captain to come up from her office and give out what the new crew womena dn men should do.

XK: Hello all of you. You have been chosen to work and be apart of one of the greatest adventures to ever exist in these here seas. Though I do warn you that these are dangerous adventures at times and will demand your full knowledge, which we will be teaching you today and for the next few months. Or for how ever long it takes.

Earniel: Now we will assign different posts on the ship to whoever has the best skills for that certain post. The way we find this out is by allowing you to try out different jobs and see which one you are the best at. For those who have never been on ships before we will figure out what job will teach you to be ready for more advanced posts in the futur.

Sicirus: I will be teaching all of you where everything is located and how to use certain equipment and when to best use it. I will also be lurking around each corner and trying to scare you to death and see if you are able to fight me and not just stand there in shock. Well actually better yet all of us will be sneaking around so BE PREPARED.

XK: Okay then where shall be begin?

OOC; Okay I hope I didn't godmod too much.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:06 PM   #162
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

ooc- Where do u work pansy? with me?

Tiny: Ok you all ready? I'm gone. See yea later. Time for me to cook!
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-16-2005, 11:49 PM   #163
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*the Count whispered to Tiny as she left*

Count: uh, never sure if that's a good idea. Get this idea that this captain can get a little violent if we don't listen to whatever she's going to say *mutter* if she actually is coming up here before noon. Which I doubts.

Last edited by Count Comfect : 01-16-2005 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:00 AM   #164
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel's stomach growled. She gave the Count a strange look. The Captain was right there, addressing the crew!*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-17-2005, 10:12 AM   #165
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*The Count noticed one of the elves giving him a strange look. He slowly turned around to see the Captain right behind him.*

Count: Meep!
Old 01-17-2005, 10:14 AM   #166
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

XK shook her head and crossed her arms over her chest as the little cook tried to disappear below decks. At her side Eärniel grimaced, already knowing a reprimand was due.

XK: Tiny. Where exactly do you think you're going?
Tiny: Um...to cook...
XK: Did I order you to?
Tiny: No. But...
XK: Did Eärniel or Sicirus order you to?
Tiny: No, but I assumed you'd all need breakfast, and because I'm not doing ships training...

The little elf stopped as XK laughed gently and approached her

XK: You do not assume anything. At all. You do not make your own rules, or your own orders. You wait until you are told what to do. I have not finished addressing the crew. Do you understand?
Tiny: Yes.
XK: Good.

She walks back towards the rest of the crew and stands in front of them.

XK: Sorry to get off to a bad start there. Okay. Luthien, I want you to do a job for me. (Luthien steps forward, hands XK the key to the brig and steps to the side to wait.) Take Nurvingiel and the Count with you. I came up with a list of positions for you all. Now, if there are problems it is subject to change. My Watchmaster, Flannery will give you your shifts this evening. In the meantime you shall be shown around the ship by Sicirus, and allowed to acquaint yourselves with your fellow crewmembers. Then *she looks at Tiny and grins* you can make breakfast.

She takes out a scroll and un-rolls it carefully

XK: This is how the crew currently stands: I am captain Xenoia Karris, if you have any questions or problems, either with you job, other crew members…just things you think I should know, you all know where my office is. This *indicates* is my first mate, Eärniel. (She waves at everyone, whilst trying to swallow a massive piece of chocolate) She is also my navigator. I must advise you not to ask her for a piece of chocolate. Her private stores are exactly that and she may kill anyone found in them. Sicirus (She nods at the crew), is my second mate. She is a very good sailor and will teach you everything she knows. Well…maybe not everything. The mates are the leaders of the watches, which you will find out later from Flannery and so you will work extensively with one or both of them. I’d trust them with my life, so should you.

Okay, Luthien. I have promoted you to helmswoman. And you will always keep the spare key to the brig I daresay. I have set aside Nurvingiel and Count Comfect because you are to be my trimmers. You will need teaching this task away from others. Ethuiliel, I wish you to be my nipper. Tiny knows her positions. Gulio, you will need to talk to SIcirus separately if you are to learn your task properly, my new master at arms. Pansy, Faligorn, Fingolfun: you are my deckhands. You do whatever needs doing on a particular watch and will consequently learn a little of a lot. On night shifts Flannery will help you with this. As for now you will all follow Sicirus on a tour of the ship, just to get your bearings. Any questions?

She rolls up the scroll and waits, beckoning Sicirus closer. She whispers sideways.

XK: Make sure they know where The Room is, and that I shall personally tie anyone who tries to go in there to the anchor and let their body be lost to Davy Jones’ locker.

Sicirus: Aye.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-17-2005, 11:27 AM   #167
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Ethuliel will need a possition when she returns...if ever.

Sicirus smilled at her group then started their tour around the upper decks first then the lower decks. She would show them the storage rooms around the upper decks and the room for booty and wine and other various treasures.'

Sicirus: The Nal has been through alot these past years and should be treated with the upmost respect. Unfortunatly we had a very odd crew mate one year who happened to be a talking whale and he spent alot of time running up against the ship so we had loads of repairing to do after that incident. So under no curcumstances are whales or any other large animals permitted to use the Nal as a means of scratching!!!!

Sicirus walked the crew around the upper deck s howing them the different trap doors leading into secret storage places that could serve as good hiding places for treasure that you don't want to enemy to know about and find too easily. Sicirus showed where to find reloads of arrows and new bows and canons with powder and canon balls.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:44 PM   #168
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Is Luthien in Sicirus' tour?

*Nurvingiel had thousands of questions zipping around her brain (including what this mysterious chocolate was), but she was sure they'd all be answered in due time. As she passed Tiny, now on the way to the galley, she gave her a friendly clap on the shoulder.*

Nurv: Hey don't worry about it, I'm surprised I wasn't the first to get reprimanded.

*Nurvingiel smiled, and hoped she didn't sound patronizing. She just wanted to make sure their cook (an all-important position in Nurvingiel's mind) was happy. A cheerful cook meant delicious food in her experience, plus, she liked the petite elf.*

*She was impressed with the ship, it was much larger than she had realized! She followed the group, looking around, trying to take everything in at once.*
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-17-2005, 01:06 PM   #169
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

ooc: i don't think Luthien is in the tour, as she would be awaiting orders for the job the captain has asked her to do

ic:
Luthien stood by the captain and the first mate, waiting to be given her orders.

Luthien: Aye, captain. What be this job ye need of me?

She glanced over at the new crew being given their tour. This was going to be a long trip.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Old 01-17-2005, 01:41 PM   #170
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

OOC:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicirus
ooc: Ethuliel will need a possition when she returns...if ever.

Also, am I on the tour?

IC:
Ethuiliel: I have a question... What's a nipper? *blushes* I've never worked on a ship before.

OOC: That can be directed at whoever it would make sense for it to be directed at.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."

Last edited by ethuiliel : 01-17-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 07:47 PM   #171
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

*Pansy, who had always been a morning person, was extremely excited at starting her new job. She bounced on her heels until Captain XK came up and looked rather important and reprimanded Tiny. Pansy stood still and listened intently to the orders, wanting to make the best impression. She nodded a quick 'bye' to her friend, Nurvi, and followed the Sici and the rest of the crew who would be taking a tour of the ship. It looked like she would be spending less time during the day with Nurvingiel, and more time with Faligorn and Fingolfun, who were both deckahands. She slipped in beside Fingolfun, who she hadn't met yet,*

Pansy: Hullo, I don't think we've really gotten aquainted, and seeing as how we'll be spending a whole heck of a lot of time together, I thought I'd say hi. Pansy Hogswallop of Frogmorton, at your service.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
Old 01-17-2005, 08:31 PM   #172
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Tiny makes her way to the Galley thinking so many things.

Tiny:Mumbles This is a hard job..Better get used to it..I'll just act nice be normal. But I'm not letting them walk all over me. Ah Come on Tiny..

Tiny: lalala! ITs a wodnerful day. Today my fellows are getting Eggs...In many ways, Bacon and toast! And theres fluffy pancakes. Why Am I talking to myself? I guess I am preparing what I am saying. I'm crazy I hope no one is listening to me.
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-17-2005, 09:00 PM   #173
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

faligorn was glad that he would be working with pansy, whom he had already met

hello there!

he boomed to the perian, walking over, and extending his hand to the elf he had not yet met

my name is faligorn, of the house of the elendili of gondor,

he said
Old 01-18-2005, 06:42 AM   #174
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Eärniel quietly shook her head when Sicirus led the new crew around. The new members were still introducing themselves to one another. Understandable, since there were a lot of them. Eärniel just hoped they would pay enough attention to Sicirus to let the second mate explain about the Locked Room. If there ever was something to know about the ship then it was not to enter there.*

Eärl:*finishes her chocolate* I don't think the Nal has ever been so crowded... But it is good to see the ol' ship finally crewed as she should be.

EXK: Aye. And there may be one more to show up.

Eär: Ah, that Koroush-fellow of last night. And then there's the brig-bird by the name of Bob to think of. *whistles lowly* No, we won't be bored anytime soon...
Old 01-18-2005, 07:58 AM   #175
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*After the tour, Luthien took Nurvingiel and the Count aside.*

Luthien: Okay sailors, now I'm going to teach you the fine art of trimming. The first thing you need to be able to do is go aloft. That is climbing into the rigging. You have to be able to do this in even the worst weather imagineable, and it can be dangerous.

*Nurvingiel exchanged a worried look with the Count.*

Luthien: But practice now, and you'll be fine when the time comes. Today, we have the perfect weather for learning.

*They walked over to the main mast, as Luthien explained some of the finer points of how to climb in the rigging.*

Luthien: Alright Count, you know what to do. Just climb up to the top.

Count (grinning): And back down of course.

*He was being brave, but Nurvingiel could tell he was nervous. He studied the rigging for a moment, then started climbing. He reached the top without mishap, and climbed back down. The whole process took a while.*

Luthien (smiling): Good work. Soon you'll be able to climb that in mere minutes. Your turn Nurvingiel.

*Nurvingiel looked up at the main mast. Because of the shrouds and various bits of rigging, she actually couldn't even see the top. She selected the one part of the rigging that continued to the top, as the Count had done. She wasn't afraid of heights, and was comfortable with her balance. She proceeded up fairly quickly. She knew that a fall from the rigging would mean death or being maimed. This thought stayed foremost in her mind as she climbed. The higher she got, the more difficult the task became. Though the ship was tied up and in a calm harbour, it still swayed slightly. This small movement was amplified at the top of the mast, and Nurvingiel found this movement something to get used to. She was glad she wasn't wearing any shoes, it helped her grip the rope, though it hurt her feet. Finally, she reached the top, and the view was spectacular. Climbing down was more difficult then up, but she reached the deck without mishap.*

Luthien: Good job Nurvingiel. You both did well. That's the hardest thing you'll learn, so now you can relax a bit. But only a bit, mind.

*Interrupted only once by lunch, they spent the rest of the afternoon learning knot tying, the names and functions of all the sails, the purpose of each sail, and they practiced taking down and raising sails, and neatly coiling ropes.*

Luthien: Practice the harder knots in your spare time. You guys are doing well. When you have all that down, I'll show you how to make and repair sails.
Quote:
Old 01-18-2005, 11:58 AM   #176
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

faligorn stood by, waiting for his orders from the cap'n, whilst idly watching nurvingiel and count comfect scale the sails under the tutelage of luthien
Old 01-18-2005, 12:49 PM   #177
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

* Now that Luthien had gone, the Count turned to Nurvingiel with a worried smile*

Count: You mean we have to do that a LOT? I was fine this time, but the idea of lightning or rain up there scares me... although I'd much rather do that than these knots!

*It was obvious from his tone he was forcing that, he thought. But it was better than admitting he'd never tied a knot in his life and having someone actually believe him*
Old 01-18-2005, 01:53 PM   #178
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Fingolfun lowered his gaze from the horizon. He had been on deck long before sunrise. He turned to his right and found a hobbit, barely half his height, looking up at him. She was cute, for a hobbit.

Fingolfun: I am Fingolfun, son of Findor.

Pansy: Nice to meet you. Say, you're pretty tall.....for an Elf, I mean.

Fingolfun: Tall? Well, yes, I suppose I am. Where I am from, though, my height would be merely average.

Pansy: Really? Where are you from?

Fingolfun: The Undying Lands. I was born in Valinor and lived there for many years.

Pansy stood there silently, not quite sure how to proceed. She had heard tales of the Calaquendi, the High Elves, but never thought she would ever see one.

Fingolfun: Do not speak of this, please, to anyone. Captain Xenoia already knows me, but that is one person too many, at this time.

Pansy nodded, although wondered why Fingolfun was concerned about the apparent secrecy of his origins. As to why he had chosen to tell her: the thought did not cross her mind.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:57 PM   #179
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*The two trimmers practiced knot tying as they chatted.*

Nurv: Yeah, I'm scared of it too! But Luthien seemed confident in us. Look on the bright side, at least it will only get easier.

Count: Except when the weather turns ugly.

Nurv: Erm... yeah... I meant at least we'll only improve our skill. So you don't like knot tying? Why not?

*Nurvingiel started chuckling at her own clever pun. Well, she thought it was clever.*
Quote:
Old 01-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #180
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

After the crew finished their break of eating and tying knots Sicirus deicded she would show them the rest of the ship. Staring with the last room on deck she had not yet fully explained the rules of.

Sicirus: And thhis room over here with the large chains on it is off limits. In other words...IF YOU WISH TO LIVE A FULL AND PROSPEROUS LIFE DO NOT OPEN THIS DOOR FOR ANY REASON WHAT >>>SO>>>>EVER!!!!!!!!
Now then any question about this room?

Pansy: *raises her hand nervously because of the suddently odd cheery voice the second mate gave*

Sicirus: Yes????

Pansy: What exactly is in The Room?

Sicirus: *growls* Nothing you will live to tell about if you go in there.

Pansy :* Nods*

The door gives violent jolt as the It tries to get out of its room. The crew jumps back and Sicirus leads them down to the lower decks and shows them the rare wines they have collected and the rooms full of maps and books on the different lands and cultures they may encounter. Another room was full of medical care appliences for wounds and sicknesses.

Sicirus: There are no nurses or doctors on this ship so EVERYONE will be responsible for taking care of themselves and each other. Which means try you r best tolearn how to use magic healing or how to remove arrows without killing the one attached to it. Right then.
Closed Thread