Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #161
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

"I've been told my eyes give me away," Elnar said with a smile. "My mother was an Elf. My father was a Dunedain. Father was killed in an orc ambush, Mother sailed to the Undying Lands the next year. That left my sister, Acalewia, in charge of us, she being the oldest"

"Us?"

"I'm the youngest of four. My brothers were killed trying to avenge Father. Over the next thousand or so years, Acalewia and I trained in different skills; she learned every method of fighting know to man and elf while I trained with Elrond in healing along with the Dunedain way of fighting. Fast forward to the War of the Ring. Dunedain were summoned to Rohan, but only 30 were able to be gathered in haste. I was one of them. My son rode with Acalewia while I rode with Aragorn through the Paths of the Dead. I will never forget that as long as I live" Elnar closed his eyes. "Renvan died at the Black Gates. I wasn't able to reach him in time to heal him. He died in my arms" he opened his eyes and looked into Nessa's. "We now have no secerts between us it seems"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:22 PM   #162
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Nessa swallowed hard. "So it seems." She looked up into Elnar's eyes. "What do you feel for me, Elnar?"
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Lady Willow Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:56 PM   #163
Acalewia

"The one feeling you don't want me to feel for you, love" he said. "I've trusted you from the moment we met. I began to love you soon after"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 07-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #164
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Nessa closed her eyes. "I don't want to hurt you," she murmured. "I have always hurt the men who loved me. But you're different. I love you too much to part from you."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 07-21-2006, 10:21 AM   #165
Acalewia

"I love you enough to risk everything to free you from this curse" Elnar wispered and cupped her face in his hands. "You just give me the word and I'll try." Elnar knew he would be risking everything if he tried to break the curse of a twisted mother, or in Nessa's case, grandmother.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:45 PM   #166
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Nessa's eyes sparkled with tears. "Do you think we have a chance of breaking it? A real one?"

Old 07-22-2006, 10:11 AM   #167
Acalewia

"It's worth the try" Elnar said. "I can't promise it will work, though." Hope shone in Nessa's eyes through the tears.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:17 AM   #168
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Elnar," she said softly. "I'm going to do my best, in the mean time, to ignore my feet. But I should warn you that once they start burning I really have no control." He stroked her cheek with his hand.

"I have faith in you."

"Then have faith that when the burning starts, I'm going to cling onto anything I can. If I stay off my feet they can't run off somewhere." Nessa smiled. "Agreed?"

Old 07-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #169
Acalewia

"Agreed" Elnar said. "When you are ready for me to use my magic, I'll be ready"
My faith is rooted deep that you will be able to ignore the burning He thought to her, smiling.

Old 07-24-2006, 05:58 PM   #170
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

"Riders coming" Atarion called nocking an arrow.

"Hold your fire" Curamir shouted, as he drew his sword and awaited their visitors.

A noble but cruel looking man approached them with twenty riders at his back, many of them reminded Curamir and Elnar of Cumaar himself, the same cold gray eyes and the same weapons.

He called out to them in a proud tone "greetings tark warriors, perilous and brave you have proven yourselves, worthier of honor than the man you risk your life to bury, but since you have made it this far, you have at least earned a feast in your honor"

Curamir just stared at him as the others awaited his reply.

"I am Chief of the Kungid" the leader went on "because of your bravery I have spared you"

"Thank you" answered Curamir "But pray tell me where to find Cumaar's family that we might surrender his body to them?"

"you don't get it do you?" he laughed harshly "he has no family his father was killed and his mother left him in the desert and ran off, we raised him and he tried to overthrow the previous Chief and we ran him out, no one wants him, but perhaps his cousin will want to cremate him" he laughed again and then rode back to his village leaving a young man to guide the Gondorians there.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:29 PM   #171
Acalewia

Elnar shook his head.
"Why do I not believe that?" he said in Elvish. "I smell a rat"

'Abel watched as the riders approched the Tarks. She listened to the chief's speech and shook with anger at the things he said of Cumaar. How dare he accuse Cumaar of such things! Cremate, indeed! She would cremate him when she got her hands on him, dishonoring her cousin in that manner.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:49 AM   #172
rohirrim TR

Hluor noticed Abals anger as the chief rode away.

"well I don't suppose you could tell me your cousin's story do you? we told you ours".

"Cumaar's father was the rightful chief, when he died Alvarn challenged my cousin. It is the way of my people, that when the chief dies that a warrior may challenge the Chieftains son to ensure that he will be strong enough to lead..."

"and?" Hluor asked gently.

"Alvarn convinced many young men to join him, they were supposed to have fought alone, but Alvarn made sure it was twenty to one, no one dared stand up to him so he made himself chief and Cumaar dissapeared, I thought that he would return with warriors"

"well he did actually" Hluor said dryly.

"I did not think you would be carrying him"

a long silence seemed to follow them then Curamir's mind began turning as he thought back to all the politics he had learned when he was young.

"who would be chief, had Cumaar been chief and then died?" Curamir asked.

"my brother, but he was too young to challenge Alvarn at the time, and even now he is no older than him" Abal pointed to an Atarion who luckily hadn't heard her deprecating tone.
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:22 PM   #173
Acalewia

"Can anyone challenge the chief?" 'Abel shook her head as she turned to Elnar.
"Only my brother can, being the nephew of the former chief." She frowned. "but he is hotheaded and does not have the strengh to best Alvarn if he decides to make it twenty to one again" Elnar smiled a knowing smile.
"Does he not?" Curumir gave him a hard look.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:24 PM   #174
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Nessa stepped forward. "If I might offer my professional opinion...?"

'Abel glared at the red-haired woman. "No one asked for it." Nessa shrugged.

"Your funeral."

Old 07-26-2006, 11:18 AM   #175
rohirrim TR

"peace, let us go and meet your brother, then perhaps..we might be able to help" Curamir interupted Abal before she could finish her angry reply.
Quote:
Old 07-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #176
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Nessa flashed 'Abel a grin. "I'm sure your brother will be thrilled to see me again." Elnar's eyes narrowed.

"Am I about to meet another of your former lovers?"

'Abel glowered. "He would not lower himself in such a way." Nessa rolled her eyes.

"He would have if I'd been interested." She smiled at Elnar. "See, they weren't just ticked off that I was prettier than 'Abel. They were also insulted that I would refuse one of their men. Thus the 'off with her head' segment of my stay with them."

Old 07-26-2006, 01:02 PM   #177
Acalewia

Elnar had an amused look.
"This should be intresting" he said. 'Abel narrowed her eyes at him, then turned to Nessa.
"You're lucky you're with the Tarks and they are guests to our tribe. Otherwise..." she shrugged.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #178
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Otherwise I wouldn't be here," Nessa pointed out. "Either way, it would take more than an irritating tribeswoman to get the best of me."

Old 08-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #179
rohirrim TR

"Play nicely ladies" Curamir chuckled.

"Oh good one Curamir" Hluor said cynically "haven't you heard the expression 'alls fair in love and war'?"

"How appropriate Hluor, my compliments" Elnar Chuckled along with them, drawing rather unfriendly stares from both Nessa and Abal.
Quote:
Old 08-03-2006, 09:35 PM   #180
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Men," Nessa grumbled. She poked Elnar hard in the ribs.

"Ow!" He rubbed the sore spot.