Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2003, 02:47 AM   #161
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Interesting, IR. As I got older I found that my 'indulgences' became moderate. Not because I needed to be more responsible, but simply because I was no longer interested in getting sick. (I had more responsibilities as a teenager than I do now as an adult.)

It's not a matter of controlling the desires, only finding that I'm satisfied with 'just enough' and stopping there.

and, yeah, it does enhance certain activities...
Old 09-17-2003, 03:02 AM   #162
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Youll smoke an old shoe if someone sticks it in your mouth when yer drunk.
I've only ever gotten high while drunk. Even spotting doesn't do it for me. I must be abnormal. Not that it really matters, since I don't really like the feeling that I get from doing dope. I much prefer the feeling of being hyper than dopey.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 08:11 AM   #163
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
yer lucky. personally I have found pot is a lot less fun as I have grown older. I think my brain chemicals have changed or something because when I was a teenager it was so much fun to get as high as you could. Now it just makes me feel paranoid and stupid and everybody looks ugly. So if I do it its rarely and its usually alone (unless Im using it to enhance.... well nevermind... ). Either that or I end up doing it when Im drunk anyway which is a waste. Youll smoke an old shoe if someone sticks it in your mouth when yer drunk.
Ha ha! So true! Driving while stoned? Bad idea. So you're stuck till it wears off. Besides, getting stoned gets just as boring as anything else.
Out in public, it's paranoid all the way! You feel like you've got a sign on that says "slow and stupid!"
The thing is Gimli...if you like just smoking on weekends, you will probably push that up to weeknights eventually. Better off just discovering the simple joys of "normalness". ( remember NORML The National Organization for the Legalizalization of Marijuana! or something like that...er I can't remember.... )

Hasty Ent, you are the rare exception! I wish I could get away with that! But when I find I like something, my natural inclination is to keep doing it, even if it's a deceptive "something" which turns bitter and empty as the years go by. Let's not even talk about the money wasted and the breaking the law part, where I live at least. Drugs...nah!
Old 09-17-2003, 09:21 AM   #164
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
But when I find I like something, my natural inclination is to keep doing it, even if it's a deceptive "something" which turns bitter and empty as the years go by.
Hmm, Lizra, I never thought of you as a teetotaler.

I guess I think of pot as no different than any other recreational drug (and yes, I include alcohol and caffeine in that category). I have a small wine cellar, and keep a stocked bar, but neither needs constant replenishment. Having something I enjoy readily available (bourbon....mmmmm.....) doesn't mean I have it every night. In fact, I enjoy it more when I have it less often!

The biggest difference for me is that pot makes me mellow and introspective (it's great for listening to music or looking at art!) while alcohol just slows me down, intellectually and physically. The days of being paranoid ended with high school. Now the biggest danger if I'm out in public after smoking is the possibility of exploding in a fit of giggles.

But your point earlier was right: never drive stoned, or drunk!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:30 AM   #165
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
...im still on that 1 month no weed thing suggested by IR.
o.O
That was me. Look: page 7
Dude, quit now. IR and I look nothing alike. (See? I have breasts and red hair. )

Zinnite has a point. All drugs, legal or illegal, OTC or Rx or illegal, can be abused.

I have a Rx for hydrocodone/APAP (7.5 mg/750 mg) that I keep on hand because my Rx for migraines doesn't always work and it beats going to the ER for a shot of painkillers when that happens (which I've had to do several times before). I just checked and it is currently expired (as of 9/12). I only used a few over the last year. However, I knew someone who was addicted to to this very medicine, lost her job, her house, everything.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 12:38 PM   #166
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

A few years ago one guy was running for mayor of our town. He was starting his own party, the "Legalise Marijuanna Party." His occupation: lawyer and "marijuanna distributor. Before I read this, I thought it would be a good step if he was elected because he was black. He was making a bad name.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:47 PM   #167
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
o.O
That was me. Look: page 7
Dude, quit now. IR and I look nothing alike. (See? I have breasts and red hair. )
actually looks like I beat you by 52 minutes. So who is the stoned one ms. slow poke?

Oh and anything with breasts and red hair is on my list of people Id prefer to get stoned with for reasons I explained earlier....

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 09-17-2003 at 12:49 PM.
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 01:02 PM   #168
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
actually looks like I beat you by 52 minutes. So who is the stoned one ms. slow poke?
ROFLMAO!!! Damn! Too many things going on at once here. Maybe I do need to smoke that pot... I'm out of it!

Quote:
Oh and anything with breasts and red hair is on my list of people Id prefer to get stoned with for reasons I explained earlier....
Yes, I read that. I'm trying (very hard) to keep myself 'PG-13'. You can't imagine how many times I had to write and rewrite my reply to this post.

*is a very bad she-Elf*
Old 09-17-2003, 02:33 PM   #169
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Hasty Ent
Hmm, Lizra, I never thought of you as a teetotaler.

I guess I think of pot as no different than any other recreational drug (and yes, I include alcohol and caffeine in that category). I have a small wine cellar, and keep a stocked bar, but neither needs constant replenishment. Having something I enjoy readily available (bourbon....mmmmm.....) doesn't mean I have it every night. In fact, I enjoy it more when I have it less often!

The biggest difference for me is that pot makes me mellow and introspective (it's great for listening to music or looking at art!) while alcohol just slows me down, intellectually and physically. The days of being paranoid ended with high school. Now the biggest danger if I'm out in public after smoking is the possibility of exploding in a fit of giggles.

But your point earlier was right: never drive stoned, or drunk!
Well...I loved pot. Way too much. So, no can do! I am fine with a glass of wine or a cider at dinnertime, that is all I want, it's festive, fun...yum! Pot was a different story, it was too much of an artificial nirvana for me. I kept thinking about it, and wanting to escape, and it's not a good thing at that level. Knowing what I do now, I would never, ever take that first puff. Thank goodness I quit when I did!
Old 09-17-2003, 10:10 PM   #170
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
A few years ago one guy was running for mayor of our town. He was starting his own party, the "Legalise Marijuanna Party." His occupation: lawyer and "marijuanna distributor. Before I read this, I thought it would be a good step if he was elected because he was black. He was making a bad name.

we have the green (or marijuana) party up here in Canada. I dont think any of them have ever gotten voted in, but there intent is to legalize marijuana

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 10:13 PM   #171
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Our Green Party got 5% of the vote, which is the minimun threshold. Since we run an MMP govt, they get a say in what happens in parliament. Which means that the potential is there to decriminalise dope.
Old 09-18-2003, 12:34 AM   #172
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
That's good since you just started it last night hey?!

Good for you on the gpa! Make sure it stays that way!
day 3 of 1 month period:fiedns offered me to go into a hundred bag, i declined *holds hands in triumph*
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 12:49 AM   #173
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
day 3 of 1 month period:fiedns offered me to go into a hundred bag, i declined *holds hands in triumph*
Congratulations. I hope you can go for a whole month. Declining is a good sign though.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 01:46 AM   #174
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Way to go! I'm proud of you!

That really is a good start.
Old 09-18-2003, 03:26 AM   #175
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Way to go, Canuck. There's hope for you yet. (Note: You know you have a problem with dope when you start building submarines out of toilet rolls and cornflakes boxes...)
Old 09-18-2003, 10:21 AM   #176
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
Way to go, Canuck. There's hope for you yet. (Note: You know you have a problem with dope when you start building submarines out of toilet rolls and cornflakes boxes...)
thanks you guys.
lol. although that submarine idea isnt too bad...
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 11:55 AM   #177
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
( remember NORML The National Organization for the Legalizalization of Marijuana! or something like that...er I can't remember.... )
Interesting that you should mention that. A group of students tried to get the first Alabama chapter of NORML organized here at Troy State. They went before the student government association asking to be recognized, but they weren't. Just figured I'd mention that.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 12:42 PM   #178
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
thanks you guys.
lol. although that submarine idea isnt too bad...
It doesn't work. I've already tried it.
Old 09-18-2003, 01:46 PM   #179
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Interesting that you should mention that. A group of students tried to get the first Alabama chapter of NORML organized here at Troy State. They went before the student government association asking to be recognized, but they weren't. Just figured I'd mention that.
It's a free country! I should look for old copies of "High Times" magazines on eBay. That would be a time warp!
Old 09-18-2003, 02:04 PM   #180
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
I am so proud of you. That shows real maturity on your part (sticking with a goal, being able to decline the offer from your friends, etc.).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote