Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 03:55 PM   #1
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvengirl
Thanks but it is a fairy and thanks to JD for his help.
Is it a Flower Fairy? I used to love those.

I now have a lighthouse, for no reason. I just like lighthouses
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
Old 01-13-2004, 04:27 PM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Falagar
Would you eat a chocolate-covered frog?
A chocolate-covered frog? Eat? Me!? You can think again, death of mooters! It's still an ordinary frog under that chocolate.

Now if it was frog made out of chocolate....

and here I go off topic again, dang....
Old 01-13-2004, 04:59 PM   #3
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
A chocolate-covered frog? Eat? Me!? You can think again, death of mooters! It's still an ordinary frog under that chocolate.

Now if it was frog made out of chocolate....

and here I go off topic again, dang....
Perhaps you should have one as an avatar? Then we can continue without going off-topic.

Last edited by Falagar : 01-13-2004 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:34 PM   #4
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
You'd... EAT them?!
Frogs legs are yummy.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:59 PM   #5
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Just uploaded a new avatar It's John Howe's depiction of Fingolfin vs. Morgoth.

P.S. Fingolfin > Feanor
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-25-2004, 08:05 PM   #6
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

John Howe is awesome. I still don't get your avatar though. I guess shrinking down to av size lost a few details.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-25-2004, 08:14 PM   #7
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
John Howe is awesome. I still don't get your avatar though. I guess shrinking down to av size lost a few details.
There is nothing to get, it is a picture of Fingolfin that John Howe did...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-25-2004, 09:26 PM   #8
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I mean, I don't see the picture at all. Am I blind? I just see random shapes, not two people fighting.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-25-2004, 09:36 PM   #9
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
I mean, I don't see the picture at all. Am I blind? I just see random shapes, not two people fighting.
hehe I think you're blind. It's only Fingolfin, he is holding up a shield, which is blue and leaning back as if stopping a blow coming down upon him.

Here is the bigger picture:

And an even bigger version:

http://img-fan.theonering.net/rolozo.../challenge.jpg

--Linaewen

Last edited by Dúnedain : 01-25-2004 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-26-2004, 01:33 AM   #10
thranduil
Elven Warrior

Quote:
thats what i thought too,
Dunedain sorry about the PM it looks better now that I see what it is.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:21 AM   #11
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I get it now. Super cool! So what are you gonna change your custom title to?
Quote:
Old 01-26-2004, 12:18 PM   #12
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
I get it now. Super cool! So what are you gonna change your custom title to?
No idea, lol, I am still trying to figure that out

--Linaewen
Old 01-26-2004, 08:19 PM   #13
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

how about: Ths Slacker

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 01-26-2004, 10:36 PM   #14
Millane
The Dude

i changed it, and heres the new one (another Golden Age picture )
Old 01-27-2004, 09:09 AM   #15
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
i changed it, and heres the new one (another Golden Age picture )
Good on you, Millane! You actually did it!

My avatar is just my traditional one, with a difference. In there is my nickname in Hebrew, and I think it looks beautiful. A lot of struggling with Photoshop to get it to work, so hopefully it's right. Thanks Radagast TB!
Old 01-27-2004, 09:14 AM   #16
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

i think i need a new one. I bored of barad dur

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:02 PM   #17
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Hey, that's weird, Dunedain. Until I saw that I was sure that your avatar was a side-on view of a face, something like the scarecrow out of Wizard of Oz. Anyone else see that?
Old 01-27-2004, 02:03 PM   #18
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

HAHAHA

yeh i saw that 2. lol

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:03 PM   #19
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gaffer
Hey, that's weird, Dunedain. Until I saw that I was sure that your avatar was a side-on view of a face, something like the scarecrow out of Wizard of Oz. Anyone else see that?
Unfortunately at 60x60 things are sometimes hard to make-out what they are

--Linaewen
Old 01-27-2004, 02:08 PM   #20
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Unfortunately at 60x60 things are sometimes hard to make-out what they are
I think it's just one of those things where, when you don't see it yet, you just don't see it - but once you see it, you don't see how you couldn't!
Closed Thread