Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-03-2003, 03:38 AM   #141
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Arrival

"Cheep! Cheep, cheep!"

A bird hopped along the top of a branch, looking down at the sentries on duty and puffing out its little red breast. One of them pointed up to him and smiled, talking briefly in his comrade's ear. The other sentry simply shrugged and took another bite of his breakfast.

Again, the tents were being pulled down in the camp. Morning had come, and the newcomer was also attracting strange glances. Apparently he too had been invited to join their company, though there was less visible reason for this than there had been for Imarwyn's joining. Ruafus was a fine horse, deadly, fast and spirited. He had taken to Imarwyn though, and appeared willing to obey his master. He could apparently see that Athalt was his new master, so he was willing to accept him now on his back. Imarwyn could easily ride him, bare back or with saddle, and she knew that she was almost completely safe upon Ruafus. He was loyal to her; the only danger lay in his getting excited by something and ignoring direction, to pursue an opposing rider, or to chase a dog rather than doing what most other horses did, fleeing it.

Athalt mounted his horse and led the soldiers forward until dusk. They pitched camp, and the next morning set out again, on what was the second day.

"This afternoon we shall arrive at Néred," the word spread around the camp in excitement.

"This afternoon we shall arrive at Néred!"

"We'll be arriving at Néred this afternoon!"

"A royal reception . . ."

"I know the country around this place- I was brought up here! We aren't far now!"

The city drew closer, and it wasn't long before its walls were visible. The tall buildings made of finely chiseled stone loomed up in the citadel, the center of the capitol of Enedwaith. The court was surrounded by a high wall, a second wall which enclosed the inner buildings in a final protection. Three towers were guarding it; one a gatehouse and the other two being protection posts. The higher buildings of the citadel could be seen beyond this wall.

But below all of that was where the soldiers were looking. The gates were open- the men were welcome.

"Raise spears," Athalt ordered. "And unfurl the flags. These people will be looking for a parade, and we all want to give it to them."

The men grinned and a few laughed as they eagerly followed their leader's bidding. Then their horses pushed forward as they approached the city.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 01-03-2003 at 03:39 AM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 07:12 AM   #142
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: I smilled.
By Adrians calculations we were nearing our destination of Nered. Adrian had obtained her pipe weed and was merrily smoking while I practiced with Asaar some of my newly learned fighting moves. I had just doubled back and advanced on Asaar as he backet up then ducked from my counter attack. I tried again and this time managed to wound him(Not really) in the arm and across the chest. He got me back in the face but I moved back and advanced and got him in the neck quickly.
He laughed. We sat down next to the fire talking about what we would find in Nered and how many pranks we could play on the orcs if neede.
"We could go in the night and while they sleep paint targets on their heads." I suggested not thinking if they would wake up or not.
Asaar just laughed and nodded at the joke.
Adrian finished her pipe then declared that we should arrive in Nered in the afternoon of the moro.
"If we make good speed and not stop about 30 times." She looked at me as she said this. I blushed.
"OK I'll try to keep up." I was not use to far travel so this was pretty hard on my hobbit feet.
In the morning we continued our trail towards Nered.

ooc: By the way I can't find Nered on my map. Or at least in Enedwaith.
Old 01-03-2003, 07:52 AM   #143
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

''I think we should leave. I don't think it is safe round here. Let's Go!'' I climbed out of the Barrows and headed for The Quickest direct route out of The Old Forest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 11:33 AM   #144
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
"Ok, you could of waited for Bushbark" Bushbarksaid before striding after Boulderhead. "Where has he gone? I can't see him" Bushbark muttered to himself "Boulderhead, BOULDERHEAD!!! WHERE ARE YOU?"
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 04:01 PM   #145
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

ooc:That is because it is a made up place. I can't remember who made it up but it wasn't me. Anyway here is the rest of my story to Néred.

ic: I went to sleep the night after I got my pipe-weed in a somewhat peaceful mood, from the pipe-weed of course, not from my day obviously I wouldn't be in a good mood from my day because Asaar having no one else to play a prank on had plaed one on me and I was not pleased. The next morning I wokr up to sunshine. We walked all the way to Néred without incident. I was eager to see my friend whom I will say was and is very nice. "So who is this friend we are going to see?" Gil asked wondering who this person who could make them go off course would be. "His name is Brilindil and he is a weird person, but he is nice," I told her. "How is he weird?" She pried. "He is an Elven Wizard, born from a race of elves now lost except for him for none now live in Middle Earth except for him. The rest have sailed long ago, abandoning him to grow up here without a family. He lived with Gandalf for a short time and then with elves and then with hobbits. Come, We must hurry if we want to reach his house by sundown," I said running ahead of Asaar who had taken the lead when I had slowed down to talk to Gil. I remembered then that the hobbits he had lived with the longest had been the Brandybucks with my brother and I, then he had moved with us to Bag End. Sadly he had then moved to Néred, hoping to get a job. He had gotten a very good job. I really wanted to see him.

ooc: for story needs I have made a character who will only be in a few posts. I will meet leif and some of the others here in Néred and leave with you, I will only be staying at Brilindil's house for a short time. This is for your refference to the above post about te story, Thank You.
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Adrian Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 04:30 PM   #146
zavron

''Over Here!!'' I yelled striding towards BushBark and grabbing it's arm. ''This way!! We must hurry!'' It was soon that we left the Old Forest. ''This way!!! We must head for that...that....what do they call it? City!'' I said leading BushBark in the direction of The City.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-03-2003, 04:39 PM   #147
Blackboar

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
ooc:Which city? Bree?
Old 01-03-2003, 04:46 PM   #148
zavron

ooc: wherever the others are.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-03-2003, 06:51 PM   #149
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

OOC: Oops, didn't notice it, Arat-Falathion. I will pay more attention in the future.

The first thing Imarwyn would always remember about Néred was the cheering. They could hear the joyfull sounds before they actually entered the city, the people of Néred had been expecting them. The company rode through the city gate in full glory, their harnasses polished and shining and spears and flags raised high. It was indeed a sight to remember. Along both sides of the road people stood watching the entrance of the company and cheered as they passed. Especially Athalt received most attention as was to be expected. He rode at the head of his company and was seated on Ruafus. The horse was now deemed fully trained and the entrance in the city would be the very final test but neither Athalt or Imarwyn doubted that the horse would fail. And Ruafus did not disappoint them.

Imarwyn rode at the end of the company, just before the wagons. She didn't want to attract too much attention, after all she had not fought in the battles Athalt's company had fought. She took in the sights and sounds of the city. So this is Néred, she mused. Besides her rode the elf that had joined the company short days before. He had his hood pulled up to conceal his face and he hadn't spoken much. Imarwyn guessed he wasn't overly fond of crowded places as elves never were. She remembered he had introduced himself as the Silent Assasin of Lothlorien. Not a guy you wanted to pick a fight with then, Imarwyn concluded before she turned her attention again to the city around her.

Last edited by Earniel : 01-03-2003 at 06:53 PM.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 07:14 PM   #150
Adrian Baggins

ooc:we see the parade thing Lief but we get there before you do okay?

ic: I took them to Brilindil's house and he welcomed us, "Adrian. Hello, good to see you. Come in, come in, who are your friends?" "This is Gil the Hobbit and Asaar the Troublemaker. Gil, Asaar, this is Brilindil Asilin the Elven Wizard. So Bril, how are you?" I asked introducing my companions and walking inside Bril's house. He had done well for himself. "I am fine. How are you and Frodo?" he asked sitting and motioning for us to do likewise. "Well, I am fine and so are Sam and Merry and Pippin, but Frodo sailed away last year. I like your house it is lovely. So. What have you been up to?" I told him. "Nothing much. You got here just in time. There is to be a parade today. It will be spectacular." Bril answered.

ooc:Bril is obviously short for Brilindil.

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Old 01-04-2003, 12:06 PM   #151
zavron

ooc: We need to go to Nered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-04-2003, 12:15 PM   #152
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

*Adrian, either you or Sicirus should probably post soon. You're still behind the times you know, and it would be good to get them up to date. I'm ready to launch into the climax. Adrian, I don't know if you've thought of this or not, but that 'really good job' that Bril got could easily be a job in court. That would explain how she gets into contact with Hruad, if you wanted to do it like that.*
Old 01-04-2003, 12:50 PM   #153
Adrian Baggins

ooc:Okay I was definately not sure about time how far behind are we and I think I will take you up on the job offer for this temperary character of mine, I would post more stuff in the story but I don't know what to post.

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

Old 01-04-2003, 01:25 PM   #154
Blackboar

"Nered? Where's that?"
Bushbark sighed
"I wish I knew this area!"
Old 01-04-2003, 01:27 PM   #155
Blackboar

"Nered? Where's that?"
Bushbark sighed
"I wish I knew this area! You lead the way Boulderhead"
Old 01-04-2003, 01:34 PM   #156
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

*Adrian, I'm responding to your question in the discussion area.*
Old 01-04-2003, 01:36 PM   #157
zavron

I marched towards nered with BlackBoar close behind. We arrived at The city. I stepped over the wall and headed through the crowded streets towards the palace. I had to step carefully so I didn't step on the Houses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-04-2003, 01:59 PM   #158
Adrian Baggins

ic:"Come with me, I want to show you where I work," Bril told us after we had rested and talked for a few hours. "Okay, sure," I answered. Bril took us to court and we met this guy named Hruad.

ooc:sorry it is so cheesy I just want to get to the more adventurous part of this rpg.

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

Old 01-04-2003, 02:08 PM   #159
zavron

I knocked on the door of The Citadell.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-04-2003, 08:27 PM   #160
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Sorry it took me soooo long to post again. I am in other rpg's which makes it hard to post to others. I have a limited amount of time on line each day.

ic:We arrived in Nered. I was at awe watching all the humans and horses so big walk around. I stumbled on poor Asaar from not watvhing my step. We arrived at Adrian's friend and we decided to check out his job station in the court. He also informed us of a celebration entended for the arrival of warriors in the city. I smilled braodly for I had never seen warriors and wished to see the armor and swords glittering in the sun light. I loved war horses and my pony which had helped in the journey was safly resting in a stable in his newly knitted blankette.(which Adrian found toooo embarissing for her to watch me knit since it seemed to Girlish for her liking.)But The horse loved it.

We made our way down a dirt path to a large white stoned building. We entered the building and were immidiatly shewed(sp) out for the gates of the entrance had just opend and we were not to miss the parad and activity. I almost jumped in hystaricly laughter andf happiness. (which was a bit over exitment.)But decided not to do this in front of my friends.

We made our way to a special place in the crowd with a good view of the visiters. They came in on horses of the most high standerds. Holding their heads high and lifting their hooves up in a millitary fashion. The people on the horses amazed me the most. They were dresssed in magnifisent armor of gold and silver color. They bore their crest proudly and open on their chests. Their helmets were off to reveal(sp) the different people and many had dark brown hair save two who were quite odd in the group of men. One was golden haired and smaller then the others.And the other was hooded and seeemd to wish to be out of sight. I marveled at the swords and bows but kept glancing back at the two riders. Asaar grind non stop and punched me playfully on the arm showing me the back horse that stood out from the rest. He also pointed out the leader who was holding their flag which waved proudly in the light wind.