Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 12:52 AM   #141
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

I love history, but I hate my class(PostConfed Canadian History. Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring). It's a 200 level that I'm required to take for my degree in Education, and my prof feels it necessary to reteach everyone how to write a research paper. Which means steps for research, getting a certain number of sources from the internet, journal articles, and books just to fill a freakin' category. :bleh: I've been writing college research papers for three years! I DON'T NEED TO BE TAUGHT HOW TO WRITE A RESEARCH PAPER!!!
All the freshman should have taken English last semester and learned if they didn't know how. sheesh.
Old 03-27-2002, 02:45 AM   #142
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by olsonm
IhateitwhenthecomputerfreezesupandyouhaveleavetheE ntmootinthemiddleofapostwhileitreboots! GRRR!
That just happened to me! I've been having much trouble with this computer lately. . .I curse it, root and branch! Wait, no, I need it for entmoot. . .

I hate it when my parents tell me to get off the computer! And when people accuse me of not being willing to like other movies just because I am, er, slightly biased toward LotR, and I didn't like a lot of other movies that came out this year. And when I have two weeks of no math homework and I suddenly have to remember how to do calculus again.

Tano, you can call me "Eru" No, don't. That would just be wrong. You could refer to me as 'Greenleaf' and have an even happier time typing out my name

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-27-2002, 03:56 AM   #143
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Greenleaf? Eru? I think not. I christen you "For Example" or EG for short (get it? "e.g."? meaning "for example"? alright, I know it was lame). anyway, we call afro-elf AE, and Rogue Elf is RE, so Eruviel and be eg. and that is one letter shorter than Eru.
Old 03-27-2002, 06:15 AM   #144
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
Greenleaf? Eru? I think not. I christen you "For Example" or EG for short (get it? "e.g."? meaning "for example"? alright, I know it was lame). anyway, we call afro-elf AE, and Rogue Elf is RE, so Eruviel and be eg. and that is one letter shorter than Eru.
Good idea crick! That name is just in time for easter.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 03-27-2002, 06:35 AM   #145
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Sorry to get off the nice nickname topic, but I HATE JAM!!!!

There was jam on the knife this morning and i got it on my toast and then i couldn't eat the toast because of the jam and there was no more bread so i had to have an iced finger instead! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!I HATE jam with a vengence!!

And EG, i curse my computer anyway! It doesn't work properly!! Does any computer ever?

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 03-28-2002, 11:28 AM   #146
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Well, mine does..but that's probably because it's brand new, and it's a Mac, not a Windoze, he he...

I HATE IT when we get ants in the bathroom!!!!!! Drives me nuts, trying to drown them all before I take a shower.....

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-28-2002, 05:24 PM   #147
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I'm back, working my way through countless replies (100!) from the entmoot. I can't leave you guys for 3 days alone can I? I FINALLY got that bloody project finished. I don't hate it anymore, I DESPISE IT, I wish the papers it is printed on were never cut down as a tree! I wish no word project ever excisted! I have the distinct urge to burn it!I'll kill anyone who mentions it again this YEAR! I.... I....drat I ran out of hate-words.... drat
Old 03-28-2002, 05:42 PM   #148
Nibs
Head Hollara

ihatethefeelingofsomethingcrawlingorflyingintoyour earwhymewhyme???

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Old 03-28-2002, 07:38 PM   #149
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
And EG, i curse my computer anyway! It doesn't work properly!! Does any computer ever?
I have given up and started cursing my computer anyway, the wretched thing! I would kick it, but I don't want to damage it any further. . .

I guess I'm EG now. . .thanks, Crickhollow. I think.

I hate it when I don't get lunch for a while, but I have to sit by my friends while they eat their lunch, just because they get to have math at a different time. . .and I can't even steal their food because it's Passover and they are eating pasta!

And I can't stand having all this work to do when I would much rather be on entmoot (as I am now. . .)

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-28-2002, 09:16 PM   #150
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
I HATE LONG CAR RIDES!!!!
I'm leaving tonight for North Carolina, and it's a frickin' 14 hour drive from Ann Arbor. AND my 2 and a half year old brother is going to be in the car with us . . . AAAGH!He's annoying and he whines worse than I do when he's bored. Not to mention I get carsick easily, so I might not even be able to read LotR (it depends . . . oh Eru, please let me read in the carpleaseletmereadinthecarpleaseletmereadinthecar! !!)!

Also, because of this, you all won't be seeing head nor tail of me for the next week . . . bye, be nice, have fun! And keep Tater under control til I'm back . . . *grins* But I must figure out some way to survive being away from the Moot for so long . . . uh-oh!

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Old 03-28-2002, 09:24 PM   #151
Eruviel Greenleaf

Good luck with your long car ride, Laurelyn!

I hate it when my brother starts inexplicably stamping around upstairs, and there are all these *THUMPS* when I'm trying to work (er, 'moot.') This, BTW, happens a lot for some reason. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-28-2002, 09:31 PM   #152
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

You'll find a way, Laurelyn. At my Aunt's house I politely asked and she let me get on the net. And at the Days Inn I stayed at a few weeks ago there was a computer in the lobby. So I got up early, went down and did some 'mooting. Heh, I like that word, "mooting".

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 03-28-2002, 09:35 PM   #153
Eruviel Greenleaf

'To Moot.' It is now a verb

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-29-2002, 06:41 PM   #154
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I hate it when you have to leave the moot...can't close down....must log off and sleep...work tomorrow....AHHH!!!

I also hate it when my bro keeps coming in saying what you doing? every few mins. GRR!!

Must leave...

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 03-30-2002, 03:25 AM   #155
Eruviel Greenleaf

Today I was waiting to use a payphone to call my parents so I could get a ride home from the movie theater, and all three were being used, and I waited about ten minutes, and all the people using the phones took so long to get off, and when they finally did, nobody answered.

I hate that we have to wait until December to see TTT!! I will go insane waiting!!!!!!!!

I can't stand my little brother, he's such a...little brother. Never mind.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-30-2002, 07:42 PM   #156
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I hate knowing how I'm going to die.
Uh....that would be of longing for TT, which I have to wait until December and I am very annoyed at, because I saw the preview yesterday and nearly died of rapture! After it ended, I burst out, "you cann't end THERE!" and all these people started laughing...
I WANT TWO TOWERS! YARGH!
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-30-2002, 11:49 PM   #157
Nibs
Head Hollara

I still hate the feeling of something small crawling or flying into your ear.

I also despise stepping into something disgusting without shoes on.

Furthermore, I abhor it when people argue about things they don't completely understand.

I utterly detest unconditional conformity.

Lastly, I vehemently loathe those little things that get into my shoe and cause my foot to hurt and I can't seem to find and so I put the shoe back on and it still hurts and I take the shoe off again and I still can't find it and then I'm forced to bear with it even though I really really would rather not.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Old 03-31-2002, 02:15 AM   #158
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I hate it when things get into my slippers and go squish or crunch too.

I really hated it when a nail got in there when I was 10. I had to scream at everyone to let me take it off myself. Then I screeched for about 4 seconds.YEEEEAAAAAAAOOOOOWWWWWW

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Old 03-31-2002, 02:34 AM   #159
Eruviel Greenleaf

that sounds really painful. . .I stepped on a rusty nail once, but it didn't break the skin or anything, thankfully.

I can't stand how messy everything gets around the computer table, but I never want to clean it up, so it just gets worse, and I don't bother to do anything until my parents make me. I wish it would just stay clean by itself. I don't understand how things just manage to pile up. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-01-2002, 02:44 AM   #160
Eruviel Greenleaf

Argh. I hate trying to write a paper when I have can't think of anything else to say...

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Closed Thread