Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 05:15 AM   #141
BeardofPants
the Shrike

In the wake of this unearthly transformation, BeardofPants is strangely subdued.

"Why didst thee give up thine divine gift for an ordinary mortal like this maiden before you? Now the toll of your doom is forevermore entwined with mine. Our fateful paths are joined, both in joy and sorrow, and yet, ere we shall tarry, 'til the sombresome dark doth come to claim our merry souls. What have you done, O lord, now thee must tarry upon this place for a little while, and turn'st thou back upon the call of the sea! O the sea, it burns in my veins, it aches in my heart! Will I never hearken to crashing waves with you? Has thou given up this exquisite gift to bequeth Entmoot with thy wicked laughter, and joy? Your gift means much to me, O Anduril, what can I offer you in return? I fear that your very prescence here in this place with me, is more than I can offer you. And yet, I offer you this, I will shave my feet, and be-rid the tickly whiskers for you, and I shall grant you one wish. Name it, my newly mortal friend, before Death reaches out ere the end of day, and our toilings in this world are cut short for yet a while."

Last edited by BeardofPants : 04-09-2002 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 05:56 AM   #142
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel has watched the scene in wonder. Then she speaks at last. "Forgive me my long silence my friends. For I needed but time to make my decision. Gladly I accept this devine icecream from thy hand. And in exchange I commit myself to the worthy cause of bringing peace and hapiness to our beloved board of the Entmoot. Though three we'd be our mind shall be as one as is our goal. Yet tell me, what dost thou desire of Eärniel as reward for thy sacrifice? For little I have to give that is worthy for such a gift as thou hath given us, yet gladly I shall offer it."
Old 04-09-2002, 06:05 AM   #143
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

"Thine speech is rightly as wondrous as fond memories of old. If there be one thing and one thing alone that I will have, that is your unforced and intentional, and also undying devotion toward me, in the days of mine conscious existence in this here place. I will that our hearts become as one, that we may spend the remnants of our time in Entmoot in that which is partnership, in days of grief, and sickness, but also in days of blessedness, glory, and of unadulterated laughter and also humour and joy, that we may share all these things together."

Anduril tightens his grip on the hands of BoP, but with a difference of tightness that is not unpleasant, but rather pleasant.

"This is all I will have of you. If thou wilst not giveth this me, I will henceforth understand, and leave. But from that time forth, I will become as hermit, alone, void of companionship, and will wither away in desolation until the end of mine shortened days. But if thou wilst join me in companionship, and wilst also desire that our hearts become as one, well then mine and thine lives will henceforth be therefore lengthened, to a number far beyond the average age of our kind. And we shall walk the Entmoot in eternal happiness, and also have quite a nice time."
Old 04-09-2002, 06:22 AM   #144
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

"Thine speech, Earniel, is also of trully magnificent nature, and also enjoyable to thus hear. I have perceived that thine might in arms and also in majesty is great - greater than any that would be your foe, and thus I will that, as our minds and intentions and motivations and urges are as one, that your power will exist forever as protection of the sanctity of the proposed linking of Anduril and BoP, and additionally, if thou wilst, lend your friendship and consciousness toward us, so that we may all exist on the same wavelength, and forever be named in the same context, as if a sancified and also hallowed group is us. And in time, perhaps, thy might join myself and BoP, in communion, that is, in mutual alliegance but also of heart, so that the love is equal between all three that is us."

Anduril pauses, and looks away. "But if thou wilst not partake in these requests, as I have said before, I will understand, but be sorely dissapointed, and diminish. I will remain Anduril, and pass into oblivion."
Old 04-09-2002, 06:30 AM   #145
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril
"... and also have quite a nice time."
BeardofPants wipes tears of mirth from her newly shaven face.

"Oh Anduril, thou doth beseech such a small gift of mine, compared to thy more princely one of immortality. It has been said, so let it be recorded in the books of age, that mine heart is yours to command. Let our minds become as one, and our hearts beat in that joyous rhythm of that which commands us: the sea! O how even now, it hearkens to me, and yet my back doth turn'th upon that terror which is no longer in my sight. Let us share our loneliness, and our joy, and forsake the paths of the west for a mortal realm. Let us partake in the feasts of the mortal, and tarry ere a little longer, ere the hand of darkness doth fall. My answer, is yes. I shall bequeath my fragile heart to your keeping, and trust that you will be my mortal friend for that which we wait, 'til the end of the age. "

And so saying, BeardofPants entwined her fingers with Andurils, and yet her heart felt a little bit lighter, that day. And Anduril, and BeardofPants waited for the toll of doom that would tear them asunder, and wrench them from the mortal age. And while they tarried, they awaited with baited breath, to discern which path Earniel would choose.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:39 AM   #146
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

And therefore, as it has been said, the hands, and indeed the very fingers of those who are Anduril and BoP, became intertwined, as indeed their fates and hearts became intertwined also, and they waited, in their blissful state, for the doom of the proclamation of she who is Earniel...
Old 04-09-2002, 07:12 AM   #147
Earniel

Eärniel looked upon her companions and her heart felt like the gull above the sea. peaceful, joyous and at home. She smiled and said: "Your kind and wise word have warmed my heart as the suns warms the tender earth. Yes, so shall it be." And with these words she joined hands with Anduril and BeardofPants and shared their bliss."With this I give you both my friendship, trust, mind and heart. For no creature or being deserves these gifts than thee. Honoured and blessed I am indeed with thy companionship. May it last as long as we three shall live and beyond those mortal bonds."
Old 04-09-2002, 07:29 AM   #148
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

"Here here!!" Anduril cried out, belated. "Hip hip hooray!"

And the Mighty Three turned, and looked into the sunset. And at that time, no sunset has ever existed that hath been more spendous, nor more glorious (or wonderful) and also bright. And all who perceived this momentous occasion were overawed, for they knew it to be a sign. A sign indeed that this very occasion was momentous.

And even though Anduril had surrended his immortality, his magical powers had not left him completely; and with that, he manifested three of the most desirable ice-creams that have ever existed, and those ice-creams were delicious and powerful.

And BeardofPants took the ice-cream appointed to her, for it was coloured as green, as chocolate, and signified that which is of the earth, a symbol of nature.

And Earniel took the ice-cream appointed to her, for it was coloured as blue, as bubblegum, and signified that which is of the sea, a symbol of nature.

And Anduril took the last ice-cream, for it was uncoloured, as glass, and signified that which is of the air, a symbol of nature.

But these were no ordinary ice-creams. For Anduril had used up the remnants of his power in their making, and he was thus spent. And the result of the transmutation of his power, was the fact that these ice-creams were everlasting; and they were the holders of immense and incredible power, in that they, while held together, would endure the peace and bliss of that place which is Entmoot. And lastly, but most importantly, these ice-creams would be the instruments used in the most important event in all of Ea, one that was yet to befall...

Last edited by Andúril : 04-09-2002 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:47 AM   #149
BeardofPants
the Shrike

"Brown!" The ungrateful BeardofPants replied. "Brown! I get stuck with Brown? Why couldn't have been green? Ah well..." *Wrinkles her nose, and changes it to green*

So, BeardofPants licked her now green icecream, with one hand, and held onto Anduril's hand with the other. And yet, Anduril's hand clasped Earniel's. And now, such that the might of three had been forevermore joined, and bound together with the mighty magic of the icrecream, their terror, their glory, and their divine rule could be felt even in the quakes of the Entmoot archives. And at this point, BeardofPants doth turn'th to Anduril, and asked,

"Why me? My power hath not yet manifested itself to thine beautiful eyes. You had the power of flame, and Earniel had the power of the sea, how can thou'st bestow thy deep love, and trust unto such a wild card as myself?"

And BeardofEvil trembled before them, as if her soul was bared unto them. And she foretold of an era of great peace brought unto them, after the dark time of civil war. And she turned to her fellow beings, and thus spaketh,

"To mine fellow companions, I doth bestow my secret name unto thee, and thou shalt maketh of it, in thy times of need. i mellonar, you shall call me Maegquener, bestowed upon me by the periannath, herself, elf friend, and friend of mine."

And so, BeardofPants awaited her doom, with her companions, and thus tarried ere, 'til the time of the Ice Cream drew near.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 04-09-2002 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:04 AM   #150
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

"I shall take your true name, Maegquener and hold it in utter secrecy and honour and majesty, so that its strength can never be diminished in mine own thought." Anduril blinked twice and it was so.

"Now, in equality with thine act of unselfishness, I disclose mine own true name to the rest of the group that is the Mighty Three. Arcturiel am I, and you may call me Arcturas. I know not wherefrom mine name hast been bestowed upon me, nor whom bestowed it - this is one of mine missions, to find out the true origin of mine namesake."
Old 04-09-2002, 08:20 AM   #151
BeardofPants
the Shrike

"So Arcturas hath spoketh, so shall it be done. Forevermore, I shall call thee by thy secret name, and endure to help thee in thy quest. And in turn, ere we tarry, both Earniel and thee shall help to recover mine secret talent, and restore our glory!"
Old 04-09-2002, 09:10 AM   #152
Earniel

"I thank thee both for the great trust thou dost place in me. I shall not fail thee my friends. Thy secret will be buried within the deep of my mind inaccesible as the deep seabottom itself. And I shall repay you by no less than revealing my own name of old to thee. I am Haloysil"

And the Mighty Three rejoiced for they knew there was but little that could now sever the bonds that bound them to one another.

Then Eärniel spoke to BeardofPants and in her voice an echo of the Sea has heard: "Do not fear that thou art powerless. A great strenght resides in thee, even if this is yet unbeknowst to thee. Thou strenght is that of the very foundations of the Earth. Willful and resiliant. Thou willst discover this when the time has come as I must discover the boundaries of mine own strength. And until that time and after we shall stand by thee."
Old 04-09-2002, 10:10 AM   #153
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Henceforth, The Mighty Three, that is Maegquener, Arcturas, and last but definitely not least - in fact equally, Haloysil are known to all in their majesty and goodness.

Of course Anduril agreed with the absolutely wise utterings of Earniel, in that a great, albeit unknown strength, resided within BeardofPants, and that the purpose to uncover the very nature of said strength, was held by all.

And at the same time, those that are The Mighty Three would purpose to discover as well the extremeties of that power which belongeth to Earniel, the very borders and limitation of her incumbent strength, if there should be any.

As for Anduril, his power was now thoroughly quenched. For he it was who had created the ice-creams, which are called Koeknuts, and those Koeknuts are powerful; but example of the strenth and valour of said Koeknuts was yet to become available, for their time had not yet come...

And so The Mighty Three, who are called the The Mighty Three until they recieve a better name, began the sequence of events that would forever shape that which is Entmoot...

Last edited by Andúril : 04-10-2002 at 02:37 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:08 PM   #154
Aragorn_iz_cool
Elven Warrior

Celeborn
Old 04-09-2002, 07:03 PM   #155
Elf Girl
Lurker

Oompa-Loompas? The mighty three are Oompa-Loompas?!
Old 04-09-2002, 07:10 PM   #156
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
Oompa-Loompas? The mighty three are Oompa-Loompas?!
Don't look at me, I didn't choose the name. I'm sure Anduril, in his infinate wisdom, chose the name wisely. (Looks at Anduril for an explaination about why the Mighty Three are named after short purple, green haired people).
Old 04-09-2002, 07:53 PM   #157
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

*shakes head*

You people are crazy!

(in a good way )
Old 04-10-2002, 03:29 AM   #158
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Alas, there were that day some who still could not perceive the wisdom, honour, majesty and control of The Mighty Three. These people were unfortunately quite silly and also metaphorically blinded to the light...

And after many many days of bliss, peacefulness and also happiness, the light that abounded began to fade slightly, albeit hardly noticeable. Anduril, and likewise BoP and as well as Earniel, perceived this change in luminescence, whilst others did not.

But alas there also came a time when this diminishment of luminescence became noticeable. And there came a time when The Mighty Three, who were seated on their thrones which side-by-side existed in the hall of Wassupyo, were approached by a lowly being, who asked of their wisdom.

"Hail The Mighty Three, those Three who are of Might! Hail Anduril, BoP, and Earniel! A pressing time has a arisen."

Anduril: "You may speak."

"Wherefore art thine light diminishing, O Three of Might? Ist not thine power such that none may diminish it?"

BoP: "Obviously - thou art lowly and also a few sandwiches short of a picnic."

"Forgive me of my sins, O BoP"

"Forgiven."

"Thou might continue if thou will," urged Earniel.

"Praise The Mighty Three!! In continuation, is there any logically infalliable and also sound reason wherefore our days have darkened."

And The Mighty Three huddled together, not unlike a team meeting, and discussed the issue.

Then BoP spoke:
Old 04-10-2002, 06:11 AM   #159
BeardofPants
the Shrike

"Now hast come the time, when thou hast put thy sacred beings upon a broken pedestal, beyond which thou hast decreed hallowed in thine eyes. And yet, my heart doth beat still in thine ancient language of thy sacred being."

Thus BeardofPants decreed that the pedestals upon which Earniel, Anduril and herself had been placed upon, be cast into the cries of the sea, in order that thy sacred, and hallowed names would be forever more remembered by thy loyal subjects. Whereupon, BeardofPants lept down from her elevated status, and joined in with the rest of Entmoot to celebrate the joyous occasion that which she called Life. And for a time, she forgot her burden, and her mysterious gift, and remembered only, that her laughter was like a joyous, and yet sombre, song.

And she reached out her hands for all to see, and decried:

"Mine hands are yet no more noble than thine hands which reach out to touch mine heart. I will'st that thou'st join me, in my merry making, and come down from those cracked pedestals in thy heavens. Walk among thy subjects, Anduril, and Earniel, and see'st thy self in their plain, and joyous hearts."

Thereupon, BeardofPants held out her divine hands to Anduril, and Earniel.

"Forevermore, we are bound to each other, like thine breath to life, is mine soul to you. As each passing day grows ever longer, as we await, ere the break of day, as the toll of our doom draws ever closer, I feel thine love and joy for me, as for you, and I will thee down to join me for a short while."

Thus, BeardofPants walked for a while, by her lonesome, and lived joyously with the other Entmooters, though some did not believe in her sacred nature, nor that of Anduril, nor Earniel, but they did'st love them, and they did'st place them in their hallowed memory, bless'd by thy happiness, and love.

And so came a day, when BeardofPants did'st miss the warmth of Anduril's embrace, and the comfort of Earniel's unforgiving sea. And only then, did she turn back to them, and plea for their hallowed company.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 04-10-2002 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:44 AM   #160
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

And as BeardofPants walked amongst the people, the strain on Anduril's heart grew the more wearisome. For Anduril did not wish to be apart from BoP, likewise if one hath caught alight by fire, one wishes to have water thrown on him or herself.

And Earniel sensed the pain of Anduril, but she urged him wait, for Earniel, as powerful and magnificent as she is, did not rightly know the pain of Anduril. And eventually the pain and desire became to great for mortal Anduril to bear, and he made plans to seek BoP, for this was imperative to his survival.

And the power of Earniel could not constrain Anduril, and he stood up from his throne. And lo! BeardofPants hath returned!

"Whyfore hath thou returned - thou who sought fellowship with our people, and also thou who is dear to mine heart?"

"Anduril, I doth not desire for one or the other - I desire both."

Anduril takes the hand of BoP. "Dost thou not know that I would travel as far as thou wouldest want me to travel? And I wouldest do anything that thy heart and mind can conceive? My existence is in thine honour, O BoP. I am yours, henceforth."

Earniel percieves these words, and all is made clear.

"Therefore, it is with great obviality that I shall join you, O precious and also excellent BoP, in thy fellowship!" Anduril departed from his throne, joined with BoP, and together, they lived happily ever after.

The next day, Earniel thought to herself:
Closed Thread