Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 03:19 PM   #141
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
~You grow a long grey beard and wear a pointy hat all the time and carry a long staff,

~insist on riding horses bare-backed even though you fall of and nearly break your back everytime,

~Have plastic surgery for POinty ears,

(I know these arn't good!)
Old 02-23-2003, 05:09 PM   #142
Ruinel
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nurvingiel
[B]No, it's okay, it's good to be obsessed with LotR.

Is it ok to get plastic surgery to make my ears pointy. roflol!!!!
Old 02-23-2003, 06:06 PM   #143
Merlin
Hobbit

Strider

1. You read all of Return of the King even the index at least 12 times.

2. Or you and your friends move around the playground in a circle trapping a few people at atime in the circle and say, " Well you have walked into a trap, your fellows from Hobbiton did the same, and one is dead and the rest are prisoners. Lay down your weapons! Then go back twenty paces and sit down. Any who try to break out will be shot!" then shout out as two of your friends fall to the ground and act like you shoot two of the prisoners.
Guilty and Guilty

I run unchecked through my house. (scary thought)

Get your butt in here Courtney!
Old 02-23-2003, 08:04 PM   #144
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Strider

You want to get a PS2 just so you can play all of the LOTR games.

YES!!! I GOT A PROMOTION!!!!

And Merlin, I'm guilty of #1.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:39 PM   #145
Pimpernel
Enting

you guys r making us feel so unobsesed!!! we dont have a costume..or plastic surgery, or a banner for RotK...
we do have some other things tho...and we're trying to get lotsa pics for our walls...but you guys are all so much more obsessed! poo... :: pouts and wonders how much plastic surgery for pointy ears costs ::
just kidding, I only wish I was Eru...power is good..except I would get corrupted so know...and why am I writing all of this randomness that's popping into my head that you don't give a rat's tail about.....??
Old 02-25-2003, 03:55 AM   #146
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Well, Pimpernel, you do say "us" and "we". Maybe you are obsessed, eh my precious?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 02-25-2003, 06:33 PM   #147
Celebriel
Elven Warrior

Here is one:

You ignore the fact that your air is being cut off by reading your LOTR All-In-One hardcover laying down.

- Celebriel
Old 02-26-2003, 12:15 AM   #148
Pimpernel
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
Well, Pimpernel, you do say "us" and "we". Maybe you are obsessed, eh my precious?
It thinks we are obsessed precious, yesh it does. well then, it is our new precious, yesh yesh...but what about the precious, precious? the precious is the precious but nurvingiel is OUR precious because the filthy nasty hobbitses destroyed our precious!!! curse them we hates them we does!! no we doesnt!!!
anyway, WE IS OBSESSED!!!! yayayayayayayay!
just kidding, I only wish I was Eru...power is good..except I would get corrupted so know...and why am I writing all of this randomness that's popping into my head that you don't give a rat's tail about.....??
Old 02-26-2003, 12:40 AM   #149
Celebriel
Elven Warrior

I have recently taken to clinging to walls and saying mysteriously: "Their pace is quickened, they have caught our scent".
Old 02-26-2003, 03:00 AM   #150
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Shouldn't you be clinging to the floor?
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 02-26-2003, 06:06 PM   #151
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

How about when you can't get through the day without singing one of gollum's little songs at least twenty times and -get this- You sit there imagining that all the millions of tiny black dots on the plastic chair in front of you are an army of orcs and if you sway from side to side you can actually see them moving. Yes Miranda that was what i was doing an Monday while you were writing whatever it was you were writing!
Old 02-26-2003, 06:09 PM   #152
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvedans
How about when you can't get through the day without singing one of gollum's little songs at least twenty times and -get this- You sit there imagining that all the millions of tiny black dots on the plastic chair in front of you are an army of orcs and if you sway from side to side you can actually see them moving. Yes Miranda that was what i was doing an Monday while you were writing whatever it was you were writing!
I was writing my way of showing I'm obsessed with LOTR- The Precious aka my fan fic! I knew I was obsessed the day I put up my six foot high Legolas cardboard cut out of Legolas in my room when there's barely enough room for me!! Mx
Old 02-26-2003, 06:13 PM   #153
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

I don't need cardboard cutouts to prove i'm obsessed - just ask the girl i sit next to in maths - shes had the full blast of my weirdness poor thing!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:59 PM   #154
Celebriel
Elven Warrior

My contribution...

You know you're obsessed when you choose one of the main character as your husband/wife. Then you choose a home. Then you pick the names of your kids. Then you plot your own deaths to be as romantic as they can be.

*Sigh*
Old 02-26-2003, 10:03 PM   #155
Celebriel
Elven Warrior

I hope you all know I am sarcastic, it may be a little difficult to tell, as I am told.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:21 PM   #156
Celebriel
Elven Warrior

I am back, I just adore this thread.

I hiss at anyone who dares reach for my copy of LOTR (aka my bible).

I refer to my enemies as "filthy humans".
Old 02-26-2003, 10:59 PM   #157
Pimpernel
Enting

you have all the dates of LotR (found in the appendices) in your calendar
you dress in black on the death days of any LotR character (Feb. 26 Boromir dies)
you have a 'memorial service' on the death day of any character's death (they're not characters btw, they're real!!! )
you plan a party for the day the precious is destroyed (Mar. 25)
you refer to the One Ring as the precious
-pimpernel
(im guilty of all of those )
Old 02-27-2003, 08:46 PM   #158
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

When Safeway has a Two Towers/Kraft Dinner promotional display, you request that they give you the 5ft. tall cardboard Gandalf so you can put it in your room. (You live in a decent sized university dorm.)

Guilty of above.

Actually, I was going to give it to my boyfriend because it would be cool at house parties, and due to local space restrictions.
Quote:
Old 02-27-2003, 10:28 PM   #159
azalea
Long lost mooter

You're obsessed...

...when you feel like weeping because you heard Kraft put Gandalf in the aisle of a Safeway to promote buying their mac 'n' cheese.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:07 AM   #160
Celebriel
Elven Warrior

You know you are obsessed when you re-arrange the lyrics to Good Charlotte's "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" to sympathize with the extras in Helm's Deep...

Quote:
I'd like to see them spend a week, living life out in Helm's Deep, I don't think they would survive. If they could spend a day or two walking in an Uruk-Hai's shoes, I think they'd stumble and they'd fall. They would fall.
Hehe. *Blush*
Closed Thread