Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2006, 12:43 PM   #141
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

but, really, you're not missing out on anything. in two years time i wouldn't mind living in america.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:52 PM   #142
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

mmm ... maybe CHILE? ..not overly sure why but i'd like to do a stint there i guess ...

er- back to the SIL then please?
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #143
jammi567

i know it's totally my fault of distracting everyone, but how about we go back on topic, and talk about the Powers that control middle earth.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #144
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

do they though, control middle earth? Is that really their intended role or their arrogance?
Old 07-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #145
jammi567

errrrrrrr, arragance.

Old 07-08-2006, 06:08 AM   #146
jammi567

so, yes, anyone wish to answer the question of why the valars arragancehelps to rule middle earth.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:45 AM   #147
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

i think it was their intended role. if Eru has these guys, right, and they're the ultimate [after him] power of each different element/area of creation, and he says, "hey, chaps, good singing! now why don't you go take a look-see down at what we've done?" i think that knowing that they, as faithful Valar, arethe reresentatives of Eru's will, and they're power, they were fully intended to govern Arda. now, i have yet to see any interference whatsoever in the affairs of Middle Earth. going over there to get Morgoth was there own buisness, he buggered off to another country. they had every right to get him. and telling the race of Man to stay away from Arda, understandable as well. as they were intentionally made with mortality, they should abide in mortal realms, so then, when they wouldn't stop what was, in essence, forcibly invading Arda, against the wills of its owners, they were banished to ME, which, in my opinion, was fair. so yeah, in conclusion, i think they were meant to govern.
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #148
jammi567

Quote:
Originally Posted by durinsbane2244
and telling the race of Man to stay away from Arda, understandable as well. as they were intentionally made with mortality, they should abide in mortal realms
intresting. so if everything happened roughly the same in the beginning, except instead of elves, it was men who woke first, do you think that the valar would've done the same thing and taken them to valinor, or would they still have been made to stay in middle earth/beleriand because they were mortals.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:55 PM   #149
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

good question. if Manwe knew Eru's will as well as they say he did, he obviously knew they were meant for mortality, and thus hopefully would make the same choice.
----------------
Old 07-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #150
jammi567

deleted.

Old 07-08-2006, 01:34 PM   #151
jammi567

i thound this very intersting thread of turin and free will here. Have a read of it, and then post what you think in relation to valar and their actions.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:06 PM   #152
jammi567

is this a boring thread now, or is it that we've just used up all ideas that we've got?

Old 07-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #153
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

i think we've run out of ideas, mate....
----------------
Old 07-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #154
jammi567

do you think i should ask a mod to close it?

Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #155
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

i think we can keep it open in case we think of something...
----------------
Old 07-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #156
jammi567

yer, just in case.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #157
Valtir
Sapling

The path to the answer is to ask: Does Eru sing jazz or opera?

Seems like an opera kinda guy to me.
Old 10-07-2006, 04:52 AM   #158
jammi567

opera. but then, that's his public face. when he's alone, he puts on his makeup and becomes a goth rocker.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #159
jammi567

I know that this is a really, really old thread of mine, but now that we have some people interested in this board again, i thought i'd boost it, so that maybe we can get some new ideas for it.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #160
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammi567
do you think i should ask a mod to close it?

Traitor!

Live and let live ... or die in a straight-jacket!