Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-26-2006, 01:18 PM   #141
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Acalewia fought the posion trying to take over her.
I... will... not... succumb! she shouted in her mind. Her strength was waning.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:13 PM   #142
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow, sensing Acalewia's decline, turned from the Shadow and sprinted toward her. "Fight with your human half!" she shouted. "That is your advantage here."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Lady Willow Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:41 PM   #143
Acalewia

Acalewia staggered to her feet, drawing her sword and on her human strength.
"Elendil!" she shouted, her voice echoing. She would have loved to see the look on that shadowy figure's face; Acalewia was sure he thought he had attacked a full elf.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:47 PM   #144
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow smiled slowly, drawing her sword. Aragorn drew up beside her.

"What is your plan?" he asked.

"Light," she murmured. "Overwhelm him with light."
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 07-31-2006, 07:01 PM   #145
Acalewia

"How do you propose to do that?" Colomir asked from the other side of Aragorn. "You and Acalewia are the only two that knows how to do anything of that nature."
"Wait." Aragorn said. "Acalewia, do you still have that elven blade?"
"Which one?"
"The mate to the one you lost to a Wraith"
"Yes, of course."
"I think now would be the time to use it" Colomir saw a bluish glow to his left the length of one of the half elf's long knives.
"Help me with this, Willow. My elvish side is too weak to make the light erupt"

Old 07-31-2006, 08:05 PM   #146
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow smirked. "My pleasure." In a flash, the lady glowed with an overwhelmingly bright silver light. The blade Acalewia held erupted in light as well. "Much more better," she murmured.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:59 PM   #147
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

As the light filled the room, the Shadow shrieked, hiding its eyes. Deep within, it could feel the scream of the Firstborn. Calling it to slay. To destroy. Goading it onward. The scream stung, whipping its mind. The dark figure staggered, and then narrowed its eyes.

Kill the light! Twist it, take it...

The figure reached out through the Firstborn's spell, feeling for the sickness that dwelt in the half-elf. From her some of the light proceeded...as the shadow reached through it, twisting, tainting...seizing...
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:10 PM   #148
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

"Willow, I can't!" Acalewia screamed. Lady Willow's silvery eyes turned to the half-Elf and nodded.

"Hold up for as long as you can." Willow stood in front of her friend and concentrated on shielding the afflicted Elf with her otherworldly light. A ball of pure light formed in her hand. "Shadow Creature!" she boomed, voice echoing ages of power. "Be gone or suffer further."

Willow hurled the light into the creature's stomach and watched it double over as the silverly power coursed through his being.

Old 07-31-2006, 11:16 PM   #149
Curubethion

Strider

KILL THE LIGHT...

The Firstborn's voice coursed through the shadow, snapping and burning. As it doubled over, feeling the elvish power. It stood, staggering, and rushed forward. Weakened by Willow, but pressed onward by the presence that possessed it. The creature let loose a hail of blows from its blade.

KILL.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 07-31-2006, 11:34 PM   #150
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow parried each blow from the Shadow's sword. Even as she fought the light about her stayed strong. Her own blade was filled with the same silver glow and when she slashed the creature's arm, it screamed.

If Willow had not been so experienced with terrible sounds, the sound would have chilled the marrow in her bones.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #151
Acalewia

Colomir shuddered as the creature screamed. He couldn't see Acalewia or Willow due to the blinding light surrounding the two of them.

Acalewia held on with all of her strength.
Fight it! You are the strongest of the four
I can't, Ada! I can't hold on any longer!
Fight it, Daughter! You can hold on! You will hold on! Acalewia suddenly felt her father's strength added to her own. You will hold on!

Old 08-03-2006, 09:26 PM   #152
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Legolas was puzzled Alatar simply stood and watched as the shadow and the lights struggled, for it was obvious to his elvish eyes the Alatar had great light and power underneath his dull blue cloak.

Then he raised his hand and jet of blue flame shot out toward the combatants then it split into two and then three jets until and began to bind the creature not allowing to move forward or back...again it screamed so reminecsent of a nazgul thought Gimli as he watched stoically.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:43 PM   #153
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Even as Willow projected the purest of light, a shadow crept up into her soul.

Firstborn...

Old 08-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #154
Curubethion

Nazgul

The shadow felt the power stealing around it, binding it, forcing itself into its defenses. It let the sword melt, and threw its head back, screaming. All of its power, devoted to protecting itself...and then it paused.

KILL THE LIGHT.

The creature abandoned its defense, and immediately launched its darkest powers at the half-elf. In her moment of weakness. Not knowing the new strength she drew upon. And it was then that Alatar overcame him. The creature withered into a dying flame, and crashed in upon itself. And then it was no more.

The wave of its destruction struck as it fell into the void, and it lashed out with all of its power, directing it all at the one who the Firstborn had marked for death. The half-elf.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:07 AM   #155
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow felt the descending black magic, as she was standing in front of Acalewia. With all her power she tried to create a shield to protect the half-elf.

The attack was too quick. She didn't have time for proper defence. Death seeped into Acalewia and Willow desperately tried to keep a hold of the power.

"Willow! What is happening?" Aragorn shouted.

"No... time," she bit out. "Last resort."

Willow breathed in a little of the dark magic and felt it swarm in her blood.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #156
Acalewia

Acalewia gritted her teeth.
Help us, Valar! The half elf felt some of the darkness leave her.
"NO!" She cried. She knew why it had left. "Willow! Don't!"

Old 08-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #157
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow grasped her throat and began to choke on the blackness. But she couldn't stop breathing it in.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:20 PM   #158
Curubethion

Strider

The darkness surged through Lady Willow, striking her to the ground-and then only festered. It lingered, but was no longer increasing. The shadow had been destroyed. For now.
~~~~
The Firstborn felt its destruction, shivering-and gloating. It had hurt the fellowship of warriors. For now, it was a victory. There was only one more thing to do-to unleash the ancient power that was approaching it. It hissed gladly, looking at the dwarven Ring that lay in the darkness under it. The Ring that matched the Mithrilstone.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #159
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow coughed hard, shivering and shaking. "Acalewia," she whispered. "Are you all right?"

Old 08-14-2006, 07:54 PM   #160
Acalewia

Acalewia was on her knees breathing heavily. She still clutched the elven blade.
"For now" She wispered. "What of you, Willow?"
Colomir knelt next to the two women. He had hated not being able to do anything to help them.
"What was that thing?" He helped Acalewia to her feet as Aragorn helped Willow up.