Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 05:24 PM   #141
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Nice post Udu, no edits required on my part, but if you want me to edit thats fine. Same goes for you CS, I can completley remove that last part if you were planning something with King Val.
No need to edit, it is fine.
Tell me if you want me to edit.

Edit: I mean, I haven't given Khamul a chance to retaliate. If you want to, just post the continuation and I will adjust my post to fit.

Very nice posts, Udu and Rian!

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 01-11-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #142
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Great post CS. That'll really get up Khamûl's nose. Lily isn't doing herself any favours.
Udu, Khamûl may want to hurry up with the building work so Lily can visit the new buildings all the sooner.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 01-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #143
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Great post CS. That'll really get up Khamûl's nose. Lily isn't doing herself any favours.
Udu, Khamûl may want to hurry up with the building work so Lily can visit the new buildings all the sooner.
Thanks, TD.
Congratulations for your new wife!

Lilly will try to evade your evil traps!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:18 PM   #144
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Great posts, TD, Udu and Cs!

Wauu! Architecture! But not in your post, Rian, but Udu's!

Dungeon architecture...
Old 01-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #145
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

thanks, CS, I enjoyed yours, too Lilly reminds me of one of the kids that was on the field trip yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Nice post, Rian.

But where is politics? Where is architecture?

More and more Elven love angst!

(Just kidding)
nah, not love angst; life angst. He thinks too much sometimes. And he's gotta think about something while waiting to be attacked (any time, GW! )

I restrained myself greatly and managed to keep my two passions, politics and architecture, out of the post But perhaps, just for you, I'll have my next post be a reminiscence about the architecture and politics of Gondolin!

I guess my characters suffer from life/love angst, and yours suffer from power angst. To each, his/her own angst.

Nice posts, CS, Udu, TD and GW! It's great to see so many posts from the different rpg-ers - such a fun variety!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 01-11-2006 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #146
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
TD, just as soon as the remodeling work is done (and the lady is enticed to visit), there has to be a meeting between Khamul and Udu to discuss the "proper procedures" to be used in her case.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 01-11-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #147
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Which means, that Marty is free of her barbs once more!

I warn you, forces of darkness, that in Marty you now have a stead fast Enemy!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:45 AM   #148
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Grey Wolf! How are ya? Listen, I have a question about your mysterious embodied terrify-fiends, or whatever your spirits are - well, what are they? The whole idea is very interesting, very compelling, but you give us so little intel as to what your planning or what's going on... I mean, I wanted to have Viv interact via Lomi with some of your wonderfdul beasts, but even then I had so little info to work with, and now -

" The Spirits followed Tyaron, planning yet again to ambush him.

They began shaping themselves from the very air into solid forms so evil and hideous even the ring-wraiths would flee from them. "

O.K., that's cool, but - so what are these, miniature shapeshifters or what? And why are they bugging Tyaron, is it because he's constantly wandering around sharpening his knives and feeling sorry for himself? Sort of an ideal target?

My curiosity is driving me bananas, Grey Wolf!!!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 01-12-2006, 03:09 AM   #149
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
And why are they bugging Tyaron, is it because he's constantly wandering around sharpening his knives and feeling sorry for himself? Sort of an ideal target?
LOL!!!

*Images Tyaron introducing himself at a party - "Hi, my name's Tyaron, and I like to wander around and sharpen my knives and feel sorry for myself!" *

That just made my night, Lotesse!

Really, it's only been just over a day since the poor guy left Tharbad and started sharpening his knives and feeling sorry for himself, but in RL it's been months, I think!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 01-12-2006 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:47 AM   #150
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Well, the spirits are ancient unwilling host dwellers and also able to make solid bodies out of air when no such hosts are available.

Tyaron's knife is nothing special (just his pity-tool ).
I'll try to think of something juicy attackwise.

The animals I have some difficulty in aligning with the rest of you, sorry.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 01-13-2006 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:20 AM   #151
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
I restrained myself greatly and managed to keep my two passions, politics and architecture, out of the post But perhaps, just for you, I'll have my next post be a reminiscence about the architecture and politics of Gondolin!
LOL

Quote:
I guess my characters suffer from life/love angst, and yours suffer from power angst. To each, his/her own angst.
Very true, Rian, Very true.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:56 PM   #152
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

*pokes Sane*

Fill in that place-holder will you!

Do it for my birthday.

Pretty please?

*Gives her the Adorable Eyes*
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 01-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #153
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
The knife of Tyaron's is his magical talisman which will in the end vanquish and banish the evil spirits for good.
Not too much magic for Tyaron, please He's just a regular-elf kinda guy, not a magician or anything.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #154
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

augh, Maggie, dont do that. I've got a two tests and a few papers to work on...nyeah....I'll deffinatly try. Meh, Fine. I'll do something.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #155
Rían

does anyone want to do anything with Commerce, or should I just close it out with a post describing it in the past tense?

Are we almost done with Tuesday?

Sane - when would Ray and/or Marty be free for some practice swordplay/archery at the practice field with Alagos? And what's our position on elven/human proficiency with weapons? Are elves in general better than humans, or not? Would Alagos and Tyaron be the best archer and best swordsman around, or not? I'm open to ideas but we need to establish that if we're gonna have our characters practicing together.

Old 01-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #156
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
augh, Maggie, dont do that. I've got a two tests and a few papers to work on...nyeah....I'll deffinatly try. Meh, Fine. I'll do something.

Good luck with the tests/papers.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 01-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #157
Rían

whew, two tests and a few papers -

sounds like a great time to do a post!

(seriously, good luck with them )

Old 01-12-2006, 06:56 PM   #158
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
does anyone want to do anything with Commerce, or should I just close it out with a post describing it in the past tense?
That is a question to Val, as I gather he inherited Bumbledore from BB? I would definitely like to see the nice Commerce lesson, and Bumble's reaction to the inexpected 11 girls in the group that takes the class.

Quote:
Are we almost done with Tuesday?
Nope, there should be Tolvadok coming to Orrodel. He is long overdue.
I gather Serenoli is waiting for the Commerce lesson to be completed (Val!!!), so Lilly could return to Orrodel?

And there is also Vivvie and Lomi business left unfinished. Where is our Lotesse?
And Khamul and his wife.
And Sapthan and the Library.
And Jas's madness
Perhaps I have forgotten somebody...

And perhaps Mahta and Shah meeting someone in the city?
Old 01-12-2006, 07:01 PM   #159
Rían

Val seems a bit busy so we could always write Commerce in the past tense if people want to continue with other posts, like getting Tolvadok to Orrodel.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #160
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Hoping I'm down to a matter of hours - not days. If you didn't notice, I wrote and posted the latest chapters for the LOTR Discussion Project.

Rian - would you like to either PM me or email with any ideas? I don't want to just say "hi" back - but I don't want to run with it too much from just the intro either.

As for Bumble... I was ASKED to take it, but never agreed. I really think I have too much. I don't think I have a good sense of Butterbeer's characters either. I wish he could do it.

Do we have the prof not show up for the first day of class?!!!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Closed Thread