Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books > LOTR Discussion Project
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-11-2004, 05:38 PM   #141
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Was it something I said? I better refrain from trying to joke off topic in the future.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:52 PM   #142
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
Was it something I said? I better refrain from trying to joke off topic in the future.
No - it had nothing to do with you. And I know who is joking around and who is serious. So it was nothing with you Eärniel.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 05:24 PM   #143
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Are we going to get our own sub-forum on this or what? I can see the future and it is cluttered...

Admins have had a nice long break from making sub forums, how about another one?

Anyway, sorry I haven't been participating very much, I'm giantly busy, and on those few days when I'm actually in town, and not in the middle of a forest somewhere, I have limited computer access at our (awesome) local library.

Cheerio! Nurv
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 09:02 PM   #144
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
If people are so pissed off with this being late - you can PM me. I am sorry - but I have a life, contrary to some people's opinions on this board.
no problem... glad i didn't miss it!
Old 06-20-2004, 11:17 PM   #145
azalea
Long lost mooter

Hi, everyone -- I'm back from my trip!

Mithrandir, I gave you that section, but if T of G comes back, I'll let him know he can have it back, as you said. We do happen to have a couple of other sections still open if you'd like a second one.

JD -- I'll say again that I certainly understand how busy things can get, and although we all eagerly await the next discussion thread, I said in the beginning I wanted flexibility, so there is no problem. I hope things calm down for you soon (and for me, too! My latest is ants in the dishwasher ).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:27 PM   #146
Maedhros
The Tall

azalea, please erase my name from the list. I have no wish to participate in the discussion. I will be leaving this forum after the Euro 2004/Silmarillion Project.

This is an interesting idea that you might try. There is another forum which is having a discussion of the LOTR. The problem that arises from the format currently in use in Entmoot is the fact that there will always be problems with people to post their intros at the selected date.
What they have done, and it appears to be working, is that a moderator post a very brief intro, and then the discussion begins. It has worked considerably well for the time being.
2. Of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere.
As a noun American is:
A native or inhabitant of America.
A citizen of the United States.

Then the boy asked, “What is America then?”, and the wise man looked at the dictionary again:
1. The United States.
2. also the A·mer·i·cas. The landmasses and islands of North America, Central America, and South America.

Confused, the boy asked, “Does the term american refers solely to a us citizen or to any person in North, Central or South America?”
The wise man replied: “What do you think?”, and the boy answered: “It is clear to me that while the term american is used to refers to us citizens, one can also use it to refer to any person who is from that continent too,” the boy thought for a while and asked the wise man, “Am I right?”, and he replied: “But of course.”
The boy wondered, why is it that some people refuse to acknowledge the fact that the term american refers not only to US citizens but to anyone of the American continent?, but then sadly, the boy understood, that it is the calamity of ignorance.
Maedhros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:39 PM   #147
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
JD -- I'll say again that I certainly understand how busy things can get, and although we all eagerly await the next discussion thread, I said in the beginning I wanted flexibility, so there is no problem. I hope things calm down for you soon (and for me, too! My latest is ants in the dishwasher ).
I am going to have it done tonight.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-22-2004, 05:53 PM   #148
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

when it rolls around i'll do mine early to help catch up
Old 06-22-2004, 09:24 PM   #149
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Maedhros
azalea, please erase my name from the list. I have no wish to participate in the discussion. I will be leaving this forum after the Euro 2004/Silmarillion Project.

This is an interesting idea that you might try. There is another forum which is having a discussion of the LOTR. The problem that arises from the format currently in use in Entmoot is the fact that there will always be problems with people to post their intros at the selected date.
What they have done, and it appears to be working, is that a moderator post a very brief intro, and then the discussion begins. It has worked considerably well for the time being.
I erased your name -- sorry to see you go.

I really like the idea you posted, but since the sections are already assigned, I don't want to disappoint people by changing it now. But it is a good thought for any future projects.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:16 AM   #150
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

can someone let me know, either by mail or pm, when it is nearly time for my bit,
as i know i will only forget otherwise!!
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:29 PM   #151
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

What about reassigning chapters when the original taker for some reason is unable to post at his/her due date? To keep the discussion going. Worked well in the Sil project.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:39 PM   #152
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
What about reassigning chapters when the original taker for some reason is unable to post at his/her due date? To keep the discussion going. Worked well in the Sil project.
Agreed. All due respect Maedhros, but I like the shared involvement of various members to get the summaries posted. Plus, it would be a lot to expect of a moderator to make all the summaries.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:49 PM   #153
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

And all due respect to JD, and I'm very sorry he's going thru some difficult times, but I think in consideration to everyone else, we need to get this going again. I'd be willing to take these two chapters, in addition to the next two (my original assignment), or I can switch with JD and hopefully things will be better with him by the time it's time for chapters 7 and 8.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:02 PM   #154
azalea
Long lost mooter

I've already discussed that possibility with JD. Usually in the case of the Silmarillion project, the person had left altogether or would ask that someone else take it. In this case, JD is still here and still wants to do these chapters, so that is why we're just waiting. It seems from the post he made yesterday that we won't have much longer to wait. Thanks again for everyone's patience.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:31 PM   #155
jerseydevil

Quote:
I've already discussed that possibility with JD. Usually in the case of the Silmarillion project, the person had left altogether or would ask that someone else take it. In this case, JD is still here and still wants to do these chapters, so that is why we're just waiting. It seems from the post he made yesterday that we won't have much longer to wait. Thanks again for everyone's patience.
It's up. People can post now. Sorry to make people wait.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-23-2004, 02:45 PM   #156
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Thank you, JD. Nice work!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:55 PM   #157
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Thank you, JD. Nice work!
Not as good as the other(s) but it's okay i guess. Not really much insite or disucssion points in these chapters. I also don't particularly like Tom Bombadil and there is not really anything to discuss with the Old Forest - except maybe the imagery that Tolkien uses.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 06-23-2004, 04:30 PM   #158
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
It seems from the post he made yesterday that we won't have much longer to wait.
Oh, OK - I didn't see that post - and I see it's up now!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 06-25-2004, 09:55 PM   #159
azalea
Long lost mooter

Yay! Thanks, JD!

Rian, I set your due date for July 8. I'll give you a reminder PM in about a week.

BTW, we had talked earlier about a map detailing their progress. Has anyone been able to come up with one, a map that showed the journey? If so, could we post one in the current thread, from Crickhollow to the Old Forest? (And maybe if you're feeling really into it, you could post one in the ch.3&4 thread of the journey from Bag End to Crickhollow. )
Old 06-26-2004, 12:42 AM   #160
Rían

That date should work out fine, azalea Please PM me, tho, to remind me

I'm not good with maps, tho, so can't help you there.