Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2005, 02:15 PM   #141
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
How Did You Get That Face It Isn't Listed On My Set Of Faces
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 02:20 PM   #142
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Sorry

SORRY ABOUT THOSE LAST TWO I WAS ON ABOUT Nurvingiel REPLY AT THE END OF PAGE6
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
Old 04-03-2005, 03:52 PM   #143
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider8
How Did You Get That Face It Isn't Listed On My Set Of Faces
You mean this face?

It's Aragorn from Bakshi's LotR movie. I found a larger version of it Google searching for Strider cloak pictues and shrunk it down. Then I hosted it at my Photobucket account.

To get any picture up on the Moot, you find the picture's URL, and put IMG tags around it like this:
[IMG]http://www.pictures.com/aragorn.jpg[/IMG]

So you need a website or a free image hosting account (Photobucket, IMGSpot, Image Shack, etc.).

Then you can use the IMG tags to show the picture here.

If you just want to direct me to an image you'd like resized, you can just give me the URL. I'll resize something for you.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #144
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
i would like to ask you to shrink me a picture but i dont know to get it up on the moot

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME
i will shrink for you if you like, send as an attachment to My email address (clicky-linky) and just put the subject as entmoot, so i dont automatically delete it

EDIT: tho i see nurv's already offered, i am available for shrinkage services tho, call chrys and sons, avatar makers and shrinkage services

Last edited by Last Child of Ungoliant : 04-03-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:08 AM   #145
strider8
Elven Warrior

http://minas-morgal.one.pl/~witch-ki...es/aragorn.ipg

this is the web address to the picture i wanted shrinking

Last edited by strider8 : 04-04-2005 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:47 AM   #146
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Boy you guys sure are talented. I'll try to remember next time I need help (which is very often actually). Now I won't have to ask "the sorting hat" for assistance. oops, wrong series.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:41 AM   #147
strider8
Elven Warrior

Quote:
url]http://minas-morgal.one.pl/~witch-king/grafiki/maniaiel/images/aragorn.ipg[/url]

this is the web address to the picture i wanted shrinking
i will try and get the picture up on the Moot

Last edited by strider8 : 04-04-2005 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:57 AM   #148
strider8
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
You mean this face?

It's Aragorn from Bakshi's LotR movie. I found a larger version of it Google searching for Strider cloak pictues and shrunk it down. Then I hosted it at my Photobucket account.

To get any picture up on the Moot, you find the picture's URL, and put IMG tags around it like this:
[IMG]http://www.pictures.com/aragorn.jpg[/IMG]

So you need a website or a free image hosting account (Photobucket, IMGSpot, Image Shack, etc.).

Then you can use the IMG tags to show the picture here.

If you just want to direct me to an image you'd like resized, you can just give me the URL. I'll resize something for you.
No i meant the face at the end of page6 the one that looks like a ordinary smily face only with red cheeks.

Old 04-04-2005, 08:58 AM   #149
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Quote:
No i meant the face at the end of page6 the one that looks like a ordinary smily face only with red cheeks.
You mean this ? I know what that is, try clickin the buttons on the sides...
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:03 AM   #150
strider8
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by me9996
You mean this ? I know what that is, try clickin the buttons on the sides...
no like an ordinary smily face with a blob of red on each cheeck

Old 04-04-2005, 09:07 AM   #151
strider8
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Awww!

Entmoot has mangled your long URL again though. Very very cute avatar.

the one i mean is up at the top of the quote

Old 04-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #152
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Oh that one! Mercutio's dog was so cute it was worth getting a smilie from another site to express this. (It's displayed as a regular image.)
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 04-04-2005, 02:24 PM   #153
strider8
Elven Warrior

i accidently pressed the submit button without realising i had already done one of these before and i can't get it off.

Last edited by strider8 : 04-10-2005 at 04:19 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:27 AM   #154
strider8
Elven Warrior

I WOULD LIKE THIS PICTURE SHRINKING

Last edited by strider8 : 04-05-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:50 PM   #155
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Strider8 - your web link isn't working that you had posted and it seems as if you are trying to do an image tag - but that isn't working either.

What browser are you using? Firefox/netscape, IE or AOL - or another browser? I can help you with getting the link posted properly so we can see what you are talking about.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:55 PM   #156
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
This is how you do this....

[.img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Nurvingiel/Board%20Smilies/blush.gif[./img]

you see the URL there and then [.img] and [./img] to either side. You just take out the periods in [.img] and [.img] That will post the graphic - but you need to make sure the link is correct for the image and also - you need to make sure it's not hosted on somethign like geocities or somethign - because they won't allow graphics to be linked form an outside source.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:17 PM   #157
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nice demonstration of image posting JD.

Quote:

I WOULD LIKE THIS PICTURE SHRINKING
The image has its own address, which would end in .jpg or .gif (or some other picture format). Linking to the Lord of the Rings.net will take us to that website, but not to one picture.

Let's say that site has a picture of Bilbo. Its url might be http://www.lordoftherings.net/bilbo.jpg See what I mean?
Quote:
Old 04-05-2005, 03:28 PM   #158
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Now, now , whats the banter in here then?

Too much gossiping over the last two pages....

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #159
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

well, my latest avatar

nearly as good as ville or viggo, but not quite
Attached Images
File Type: jpg johnny depp.JPG (2.1 KB, 34 views)
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:19 AM   #160
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
well, my latest avatar

nearly as good as ville or viggo, but not quite
im not gay but im sure Johnny would be the one to turn me