Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #141
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Send me a PM with your char's info and we'll work you into the village .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:53 AM   #142
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selwythe
Hey, Tessar, do you remember me? I was gone for a long time RPing at another site, but I'm burnt out over there and would like to come back to something less taxing and more fun. Nobody I remembered is here anymore, I think. Sniff. Except until I saw you!
Yes, Falathion and myself wandered off to create a new site because we wanted to free ourselves from the confines of writing within another man's vision. Our new site is in Falathion's signature now, and it's thriving. Well . . . we've got about six people attending regularly at the moment, but on a scale of enthusiasm, I'd say it's thriving . You'd be welcome to check it out and join in, if you're interested. However, at present it is quite fast paced.

Mathron has a way of disappearing from Entmoot, only to join in again a while later for a new RPG. He's gone at the moment, though I believe he's planning to join our Atharon RPGs later on.

Welcome back to Entmoot .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:05 PM   #143
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*starts hitting Lief with his Wizard's Staff* STOP STEALING MY MEMBERS!!!! *whap whap whap*

Heh. Honestly though you should check out Athi-wotsit. Great writing, cool world...

Which reminds me that I wanted to say 'sorry' to you guys who are in the GOM RPG because lately I haven't been able to write ANYTHING well--not even e-mails to friends/family or little poems; my short stories are shot to hell .

I'm sure it's just a phase or some such and I'll be back writing better than ever soon...

Last edited by Tessar : 01-31-2005 at 01:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:10 PM   #144
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
Heh. Honestly though you should check out Athi-wotsit. Great writing, cool world...

I wonder if you'll ever be able to remember that name
Old 01-31-2005, 11:32 PM   #145
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
*starts hitting Lief with his Wizard's Staff* STOP STEALING MY MEMBERS!!!! *whap whap whap*
(Tries to use his GM powers to ward off the staff, but then remembers he's not on Atharon!) AHH! I don't mean to steal Selwythe. (Starts talking rapidly) He's joined in to Gates of Mirkwood, and I hope he'll stick with it to the end. I really, really do.

I think it would be possible to do more then one thing at once. It should be possible for you too, Tessar, I hope . Not necessarily now, but in a couple months, I hope. Atharon RPGs are really, really fast. To be involved it's also useful to have done some reading in advance from the information available on the site.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 01-31-2005 at 11:36 PM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:00 AM   #146
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Yes, yes, hello all! This place is suddenly more like the one I remembered
Old 02-18-2005, 11:04 PM   #147
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Well then! Everyone ready to move on? Kick butt? Save lives? Rock the world?

Post?

Time to move the wheels of the plot line back along, me thinks!!
Old 02-19-2005, 06:52 AM   #148
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Yes! Move on already!

I was thinking this thing was about to keel over and die. About time to get us going again.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:23 PM   #149
Earniel

*pokes RPG with stick*

Is this dead?

There goes another try to save the world...
Old 05-02-2005, 02:34 AM   #150
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hmmmm... I think I just ran out of excusses...

Is anyone else interested in trying to continue? I am, if anyone else is willing to join back in .
Old 05-02-2005, 03:06 AM   #151
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I am.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:28 AM   #152
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

go on i'll have a go
if thats ok?

havent actually read the thread yet though, so it may take me a while, but i can always jump in there feet first (as per usual ) in the meantime

permission to start flogging the near dead horse?
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #153
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'd be happy to introduce more people, and now really is the time for it since we're still at the burned village and I had just introduced our villa--errr, new friend. *COUGH* *HACK*

Just read through the thread to where we've gotten so far (I don't think the thread is actually that long, and most of the posts are pretty short), and then either post your char's desc here, or PM it to me and we'll fit you into the village some how (you don't have to be a villager, though. You could be a passing hunter or elf or whatever ).
Old 05-06-2005, 07:34 PM   #154
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Cheers

Have read thread: wow its a slow pot-boiler aint it? Harn's going to be real pleased when i turn up i guess!
though maybe he's kind excepted it by now? wry smile ala beorn and the dwarves??
ps so the tall girl is a beorning eh? keen sense of smell,umm? likes Honey?? well well well.

Character description to follow: will have to consider carefully.

btw would like to introduce character myself (in a non plot effecting way)

best
BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 05-06-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:36 PM   #155
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Go right ahead then .
Old 05-06-2005, 08:47 PM   #156
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Character:

Name: Fletch
Nick-name: 'Jovial Jim' to his friends and 'Lucky harry' to others
SEX: Male
reasonably Athletic build, 5' 11" shaven head, peircing grey expressive eyes,
dressed entirely in well worn black attire: loose fitting shirt and jerkin of leather, hardy boots and beads of wood around neck and wrists.One single small diamond is peirced through his right eyebrow.
carries pouch at all times with herbs and various tools of his trade (Philosopher and herbalist assasin)

Skills: herbalist, trusts his feelings and instincts as others trust their nose or sight, playing cards and gambling, drinking contests, stealth (only when sober) , keen eyesight, climbing trees and throwing knives. Pretty useful with the sword and bow but no expert ar either.

Character: intelligent, willfull, sharp and decisive but friendly and enjoys company: brave but sometimes foolish, willing to lead and willing to be led, a touch impatient but rarley wrong about people.

Great nephew to Butterbur the Pony's ( the one with the GOOD beer and mead!) Landlord, recently returning to these parts from the Southern coasts to visit his family and to meet again his child-hood sweetheart and fiance Ravenlocks
Old 05-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #157
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Looks fine to me . Welcome aboard, matie! Arrrr :P.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:10 PM   #158
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

looking forward to it: just a good job you guys hadn't gone down to the PONY instead: there were hardly any hero types down there at all; just aload of drunken chappies singing songs (mind you its much better beer in the PONY!)

who'd a thought there were so many warriors down at the brown ale earlier?? / last night? Its normally just a couple of old blokes called eric and ernie playing dominoes!
Old 05-08-2005, 06:54 AM   #159
Earniel

Quote:
Hmmmm... I think I just ran out of excusses...

Is anyone else interested in trying to continue? I am, if anyone else is willing to join back in .
Still here, and still ready to poke you when you're neglecting your GM-duties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
ps so the tall girl is a beorning eh? keen sense of smell,umm? likes Honey?? well well well.
Reasonable sense of smell, and very fond of honey and mead. Yes, that would be my Beryn.

Welcome to game, Butterbeer.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:56 AM   #160
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Thanks!

*Grabs BIG GM electric 'poker' stick and whistles innocently*

Earniel: Great post: made me laugh twice:

Laugh 1) whatever you do don't suggest going for a drink with Fletch just now! we're in a Hurry! (oh alright just a quick one) i know he loves Ravenlocks but he does like a drink! hey you got some cards there?

laugh 2) The diamond: AHH funny banking systems round these parts: you just don't wanna know where they store the vast majority of their wealth in this neck of the woods!

maybe a drink can be arranged in the near future at an appropriate juncture (i think Harn could do with one to be frank)

whichever way we (speedily, ahem) charge or carefully track etc i suggest that my few belongings and tethered mount are on the way ( this being why we encountered the Orcs: they charged past our camp)

backstory:
travelling North to visit my Family and to stay at great Uncle Barliman's at the Pony (looking forward very much to a good drinking session and raising some merry hell when we got there) travelling with my younger brother Godber and Ravenlocks my fiancee we had camped for the night just outside Bree, unsure in the dark how close we were to our destination: we'd made a hasty bivovac.

Ravenlocks and I had drunk far too much (we never travel without ale for me and mead for her!) and were the ...er... less alert shall we say of the three...

Suddenly Godber had picked up on a commotion nearby and tried to rouse us, ravenlocks had wandered blearily off ignoring Godber to take a 'call of nature' and i had sat up slowly head spinning.
Godber had looked at us, burped, and decided to go see himself...

to keep this short: godber returns quickly and urgently: he rouses me saying there is large party of well armed orcs attacking and burning a nearby Hamlet and that Ravenlocks had wandered off and that he'd heard a cry in the distance from ravenlocks and had just managed to see her in the distance being carried off by Orcs ... er thata away!

Fletch sends Godber off to Bree for help and charges after the Orcs (bravely but foolishly)

...running and running adrenalin rushing through his body Fletch is thinking only of Ravenlocks, trying to catch them up (wishing he'd thought to saddle up his mount),

... being forced to turn back only as he closes on them arrows whilstle at him and he sees the number and strength of the Orc party ...

" I must get help!" and much as it pains him whips round and runs back the fair distance to the village ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 05-08-2005 at 07:41 AM.