Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 07:23 PM   #141
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Aha. I thought that might've been it, after I posted. Oh well. It gets confusing....I am running out of ideas. Should I just make a bunch of...orcs...attack the party? Wait. There aren't any orcs near Rivendell...uh...well...never mind...
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-27-2002, 08:06 PM   #142
Elf Girl
Lurker

I'll do one to get it moving. I'm going to take some liberties with adventures.

(all enter forest)

Elf Girl: This looks like a place where elves might live!

Couselor: If I hadn't seen these Elves with my own eyes, I'd say you were crazy.

Sam: I say your'e the crazy one!

Counselor: Actually, I think you're crazy anyway.

Galadriel88: Enough needless chatter! I feel a strange power in this wood!

(suddenly two trees bend forward, one behind the Fellowship, one in front)

Tano: I don't think you needed to tell us that.

(trees start squeezing together)

Counselor: We're going to get crushed!! ...But wait, this is impossible.

Laurelyn: Huorns!

Counselor: What?

Laurelyn: No time! We are going to get crushed if someone doesn't do something!

Elf Girl: Ho! Tom Bombadil, Tom Bombadillo!
By water,wood and hill, by the reed and willow,
By fire, sun and moon, harken now and hear us!
Come, Tom Bombadil, for our need is near us!

(nothing happens. trees are now squeezing fellowship members)

Rogue Elf: That worked.

Counselor: Ow! these trees are squeezing me!

Elf Girl: We noticed that.

(Suddenly axe-wielding dwarf runs through the woods and gashes at tree in front. He continues hacking until it it is cut down and starts on the other one)

All Elves in party: A dwarf! (arrows on strings)

Dwarf: Elves! (axe in hand)

Tano: calm down, all of you. (to dwarf) these elves are dwarf-friends, despite all appearences.

Dwarf: I thought you were a team of dwarves who went missing awhile ago. They left the nearby mines awhile ago to explore the forest, (shudders) and they never came back. I have no idea why they wanted to explore this awful place. The huorns couse lots of trouble. *sigh* I really miss Happy, too.

Tano: Will you let us into the mines? we need food and shelter.

Dwarf: I guess, but the elves must go blindfold in a little while.

Counselor: Why are you so short?

Dwarf: (looks incredibly offended)

Laurelyn: (hastily covers counselors mouth) Don't mind her, she's insane! (under her breath) Go ahead, FrodoFriend.

FrodoFriend: (stuffs sock in counselors mouth)

(all troop off, following the Dwarf)

OOC: I know, I'm always bringing in new charecters. But I had to get the thing moving again!

Last edited by Elf Girl : 06-28-2002 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:10 PM   #143
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Eruviel: We have to go into Dwarven caves? *mutter, mutter*
Tano: It can't be bad at all. And besides, Legolas Greenleaf went into the Mines of Moria, and followed his friend, Gimli, into the Glittering Caves!
Eruviel: Fine, fine. It's okay, I'll go, but really, I don't think this is the best idea *doesn't replace arrow, rather examines it thoughtfully, then rolls eyes at the counselor*

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-28-2002, 11:33 PM   #144
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: *sigh* elves ...honestly.
They followed the dwarf into a dark and somewhat musty tunnel. The counsellor looked extremely digruntled, but for once said nothing and was content with simply a very large sigh. The tunnel led downward interminably, until the dwarf rolled away a stone and bade them enter into a cave.
Entire Company: (sounds of amazement)
Tano: Yikes. I mean, I knew they were awesome, but...yikes..

ooc: I'll leave it up to someone else to describe the caves, if they like. Cheerio.
Nyat, ya kashka!
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 03-29-2002, 01:21 PM   #145
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

(I go away for three days for a stupid project and the thread is suddenly alive again! Good job every one!)

The caves were huge. The walls were of a grey marble and polished with care. Large and carven pillarssupported the faraway roof. Light filtered through hole in the ceiling. In the far end of the hall stood a carefully sculpted throne carved out off the from living rock itself. It was adorned with gems and precious stones of all sorts. The TLA gasped in amazement

Eruviel: Look!

Laurelyn: Yeah it's so beautiful....

Tanoliel: No, that's not what she meant! Look there! *pointing at a long table before the throne*

Eärniel: Chocolate!

Elf Girl: Candy!

FrodoFriend: Food!
Old 03-29-2002, 04:01 PM   #146
Eruviel Greenleaf

The lure of chocolate too much for the entire company, they forget their manners and run toward the table. . .

Their guide, the dwarf, laughs, and says. . .'Please, enjoy your meal. Then we will discuss some matters of importances, such as-he is cut off by the noise of way too many people happily eating chocolate.

Eruviel: Wow, this is good--wait a minute! People! Stop! Listen to our *sneers* host.

Nobody pays attention. The chocolate is yummy. Eruviel eats some more, momentarily forgetting everything. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-30-2002, 03:31 PM   #147
Elf Girl
Lurker

Yaaaaaaaaaay! The thread is alive again!! Hooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2002, 03:39 PM   #148
Eruviel Greenleaf

TLA Lives! Spread the word! Or not. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-30-2002, 08:00 PM   #149
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tanoliel noticed herself getting curiously lightheaded as she ate the chocolate and other food, but she didn't really care, as the food tasted so good. "Good stuff," she said to Laurelyn, who was beside her, then giggled. "Hey, ya know what, Laurelyn? There's two of you!"

okay...so if she just going nuts or is there something in the candy? (cue scary movie music )
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 04-01-2002, 08:21 PM   #150
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Oooh! Fun, can I join?

Willow: You fools! Don't eat the food! It's a trap!

Tano (giggling and pointing at willow) Hello, who are you two?

Laurelyn: I don't think there are two of her Tano, I think there are three.

Willow shakes her head seeing that they are all completely gone. She walks over to the table and putting her hands under the edge of it turns it over spilling the food ont the floor. Her action is met with a chorus of "Hey!", What'd you do that for!" and "Awww!"

Eruviel:That wasn't very nice, you're too serious, have some chocolate.

Willow: No thanks, come on, it's dangerous here, we must go.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-01-2002, 10:29 PM   #151
Eruviel Greenleaf

Eruviel: Where did you come from? Why should we trust you--*Willow throws some water at the faces of the company*--OH! Willow, elen sila lumenn omentielvo. Sorry, I guess I didn't recognize you at first, let's get out of here!
Tano: Yes, we'd better run, it looks like the dwarves are coming!
Laurelyn: Hey! Oh, okay, we'd better run. . .

THe company dashes for the exit. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-02-2002, 05:03 AM   #152
Earniel

They reach the door at the end of the large hall. As the company exits Eärniel stops and runs back.

Eruviel: Eärniel come back! It's too dangerous!

Eärniel stops at the turnedover table and manages to grab a bowl of chocolate before she dashes back outside with a few scores of dwarves close behind her. She joins the others as they make way for the stables.

Tanoliel: What the hell did you do THAT for?!

Eärniel: Okay they may be 'highly seasoned' but that's no reason for letting them go to waste!

Tanoliel moans

Eärniel: Besides you never know when it can come in handy, like elven rope.

Galadriel: Sure, right like when we have to pass an abyss, Eärniel can throw in her chocolate and we can fly over.

Eärniel: No need to be sarcastic about it. I just hate to see good food ruined no matter how well ruining it saved our lives.

Willow: Will you stop bickering and RUN?! We're ain't out of the fire yet!
Old 04-03-2002, 03:49 AM   #153
Eruviel Greenleaf

And the company keeps running--right into a band of angry dwarves!

ooc: I'll let someone else go on from there...

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-03-2002, 11:37 AM   #154
Elf Girl
Lurker

Counselor: Why'r they all so short?

Elf Girl: Climb!

Laurelyn: The insane one can't. We bound her!

Elf Girl: Dang. (leaps into a tree) Throw me the end of her ropes! (Laurelyn does so, and the entire comany climbs into different trees)

Counselor: Oof. (Elf Girl hauls her into tree)Ouch.

(the pony and horses are fighting heroicly against the dwarves when the phone falls from one of the saddlebags)

Entire Company: Preciousssssss...

(all dwarves stop)

Leader Dwarf: What an interesting object...(walks towards it)

Company: Noooooooooooooooo!!!(all jump from trees. counselor falls onto the back of one of the horses)

Counselor: oof.

ooc: I'll let someone else carry one from here.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:13 PM   #155
Eruviel Greenleaf

The company falls on the dwarves, forcing them back away from the one holding the phone. While some keep the dwarves off, Eruviel, Tanoliel, Elf Girl and Earniel surround the phone-carrying dwarf. They have their weapons out. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 04-04-2002, 09:16 PM   #156
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Peace i mellon! These are your friends! I am BeardofPants, and I hail from Mirkwood. I bear tidings of bad news. The Dark Lord has once more amassed his forces, and have driven these good Dwarves from their homes! I beg of you, to set aside your differences, to help fight against a common enemy!
Old 04-05-2002, 12:03 AM   #157
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano: a-WHO-what? All I know is that this phone is evil...
The dwarves mutter among themselves. Finally one steps forward. "We will listen to you. But stop threatening Galin." *
Tano: Uh...right...(they all step away from Galin, who drops the phone. It lies on the ground, looking up at them menacingly.)**

-tano
* Okay, so sue me, I'm not a dwarf name generator...
** I KNOW phones can't look at anything, much less look at anything menacingly. But this is an evil phone. Remember that.

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 04-05-2002, 04:31 AM   #158
Earniel

Eärniel: Hail to thee, BeardofPants. Tell us how it fares in Mirkwood.

BeardofPants: I fear I bring only bad tidings. As I said The Dark Lord is getting himself ready to do battle again. He plans to wipe all of us off the face of Arda for good!

*the TLA gasp*

Eruviel: Indeed it is sad new you bring us. So the dark enemy has risen again. *dramatic drumroffle*

Counsellor: What ARE you lot talking about?!? I demand to know!

BeardofPants: Who is this strange person, and why is she tied up like that?

Tanoliel: She is a madwoman. We have journeyed far to heal her.

Eärniel: But meanwhile we haven't succeeded yet and now we are on a quest to destroy the Evil Mobile and now we have to fight an Evil Black lord? Why do I have the feeling that everything is up to us? It's not like we're being PAID for this.

Elf Girl: Now that you mentioned it....

Willow: Hush my friends let us be calm, the delivery of Middle Earth from the grasp of the Evil Mobile is our reward.

Eärniel: I thank you for your wise words. Forgive me, friends for my rash words for they were inspired by the Evil Mobile. I fear it's spell grows stronger every day.

*they all glare at the evil communicationdevice that, as far as it's able, glares back at them*
Old 04-05-2002, 06:18 PM   #159
TinuvielChild
Padawan

*TinuvielChild comes running up, slightly out of breath*
TC: hey guys! i just barely escaped from the dwarves! i heard there was a Tolkien Lovers Anonymous meeting today, but i woke up late and when i got there you were all gone! so i followed your trail under the River of Rock, to Imladris, and through the dwarven caves. Elrond said something about an evil cell phone?? (along with something about "stupid TLA, they took my best miruvor!"). oooh! an insane Counsellor! what fun!

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-05-2002, 10:41 PM   #160
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

*Flies in on an eagle*

Ren: You guys forgot me back in Rivendell. My eagle doesn't like you. *gasps* WHERE IS IT? WHERE'S MY PRECIOUS?!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Closed Thread