Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 10:37 AM   #141
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

OOC: Okay. I apologise for this, it's a bit of a big god-mod, but I had to sort some things out. AND, I didn't think you'd mind as I guess some of you are a bit confused as to where everyone is and what's happening.
-------------------------

XK watched Eärniel shepherd the new recruits out of the room, just as Luthien and another new crew member entered her cabin. Then Sicirus followed them in. XK resisted the temptation to bang her head on her desk. It seemed she was never going to get to the bottom of Bob's mystery appearance. Sicirus started to speak, and Xenoia got up and poured herself a glass of whisky.

XK: Would you like some?
Sici: Oh, er...yes please.
XK: *whilst pouring* I think we've enough new recruits to be going on with now Sicirus. You've done a good job. I was obviously right in trusting you with a position in the senior crew. *hands over the whiskey* You may go now, I’ll see you in the morning, on deck at midday. It’s practically dawn already so there goes my early start.
Sici: Aye.

Sicirus nods curtly and walks out of the cabin, quietly closing the door behind her. XK turns to the stranger, whilst Luthien waits in the corner.

XK: So, who are you, again? And what are you doing on my ship?
Pirate: My name is Koroush. I’m a carpenter and pirate; I think I’ll be of some use to ye on this voyage captain.
XK: Really? Well, that’ll be for me to decide. Won’t it? I’ll let ye know right now, Koroush, that I don’t appreciate ye bargin aboard my ship this way. I’ve got an awful lot to do, and not much time, so I’ll ask ye to get out of my sight.
Koroush: But…
XK: IF you are really interested in a job, come back tomorrow. At noon.
Koroush: I c…
XK: Noon tomorrow, or else, mate.
Koroush: Fine.

Koroush leaves the room, his eyes fixed on the captain until he shut the door, with a fast snap behind him. Finally the captain turned to Luthien.

XK: Luthien.
Luthien: Sorry about me tardiness…
XK: It’s of no matter. I must ask you to accompany this young waif to the brig…
Bob: I thought I was not to be sent to the brig…
XK: You said that, not me. And I have no reason to trust you. Yet. I cannot allow you to wander my vessel whilst its crew sleep. Who knows what you will do. So, until tomorrow you must remain in the brig.
Bob: Understandable. You are wise in your foolishness, at least.
Luthien: Okay…come on, with me.
XK: Luthien, make sure Bob gets enough blankets and food for some rest. She has a lot of explaining to do tomorrow.

Bob stands up and quietly opens the door, Luthien following behind with a look of confusion on her face. The door shuts again and XK sighs. Soon she can have some peace. She fills up her glass and then walks out of the cabin towards the bunks, where she can hear voices. Eärniel is trying to give everyone a bunk.

XK: Everyone okay?
Eärniel: Yeah. I was just going to let them decide, but they seem to be chatting amongst themselves…you know, getting to know each other a bit.
XK: Right. *Takes a gulp of whiskey* Okay, admirable though the thought is, we don’t have time for this.
Eärniel: *raises voice* Excuse me! All of you, quiet.
XK: Okay. There are three four bunks, and two with just two bunks. For tonight, You four (Tiny, Pansy, Nurvingiel and Faligorn) take this one. You four (CC, Fingolfun, Gulio and Ethuiliel) take that one. Sarin, Luthien and Flannery will share the other four bunk room. Now I advise ye all to go to bed, sleep as soon as ye can do. I want everyone on deck at noon tomorrow. Eärniel, with me please. Night all.

XK and Eärniel walk down the corridor towards their own cabins.

Eärniel: *worried look* Um, you’re not angry about the…er, fight are ye captain?
XK: Not at all, mate. It happens to us all, in this line of work.
Eärniel: Ah, good. That Tiny, she needs to learn a nit of discretion, eh?
XK: She does. It’s been a good day for us.
Eärniel: We got a lot of new recruits. I’m not sure I’ll be trusting them quite yet though.
XK: No. Well, we’ll see what tomorrow brings us. Hopefully more luck!
Eärniel: Night, captain.
XK: Night.

The captain closed her door and grinned. At least they had a bit more substance in their crew now. Swirling her drink, she swallowed it in one, locked the door and headed off to bed for a few hours.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-13-2005, 01:39 PM   #142
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*In the sudden silence in around the bunks*

Count: Well, that was a little sudden, wasn't it? Looks like the captain takes this rather ... seriously. As, of course, I guess she should.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:04 PM   #143
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien opened the gate of the oh-too-familiar brig and leads Bob inside. She smirked a bit at the irony of it all. How she too had come to this ship in the same fashion as this waif, and was now locking someone else up.

Luthien: Don't worry too much, mate. Things will get worked out with the Cap'n soon enough. Then ye'll be bunkin' with the crew instead of in this dreary place.

She locked the barred door and, placing the key in her pocket, took her leave, returning momentarily with a loaf of bread and some water.

Luthien: 'ere ya go, mate. This'll keep you alive - for now. *chuckles* Get some rest, Waif. The Cap'n will deal with ya in the morning.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Old 01-13-2005, 04:52 PM   #144
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Faligorn shook hands with pansy and tiny, and gave a courteous nod to nurvingiel, whom he had already met, well, it seems that we are bunk mates! he said
Old 01-13-2005, 06:04 PM   #145
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel was pleased to be bunkmates with Pansy and Tiny, but embarassed about sharing their sleeping area with a man. She blushed as this thought occurred to her, and though she didn't feel it mattered much. She just couldn't help but feel awkward sometimes.

Nurv: Yes... that we are. Erm... you can have the inside Tiny, if you have to get up at a different time to make breakfast or anything.*

*She looked around for the appropriate places to store her gear, finally finding a bin below their bunk. She stowed her boots and cloak there too, and climbed into bed still wearing her clothes from the day.*

Nurv: Well, gnight everyone!

*She said this hastily, still covering up her slight discomfort. She started to relax as she stared up at the carved wooden beams, the ship swaying slightly on the waves, and the gentle sound of the sea lapping the hull.*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-13-2005, 08:03 PM   #146
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

faligorn noticed the discomfort in nrvingiels voice do not worry, he said, i will not take advantage of ye! he threw off his boots, and jumped onto his bunk, before wrapping his cloak around him and laying down. he was fast asleep as soon as his head touched the pillow
Old 01-13-2005, 08:03 PM   #147
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Tiny: Yea Thanks Nurv...I'm going to go to the galley to go set up for the morning..I''m going to make a great first breakfast!

Nurv: ok Good night though.
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-13-2005, 10:29 PM   #148
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sicirus took her cup of whiskey and sipped it slowly as she sat near the bow of the ship addmiring(sp) the starry skies and the endless ocean as it reflected each star in its inky waters. The moon too shown bright in the sky looming over the ship as though keeping on eye on them. Sicirsu was overjoyed to be setting sail again after so many days of sitting and doing nothing. She sighed and decided there would be a small adventure before the big one as she and her senior mates had to train the new crew. This may not turn out o bad as long as the thing in the room is not set lose or everyone listens closely and doesn't get "accidenlty" stabbed by a sword by Earniel or Xen. Sicirus looked down at Slo-Mo who yawned and set his head down getting ready for sleep.

Sicirus: So should I show you to your new room Slo-Mo?

Slo-MO: *Yawns* Roof!

Sicirus: *Stretches out then gets up from the wooden bench* Okay mate lets go to sleep. Our quarters aught to be below deck near he starboard side of the ship. I think we share a room with Xen and Earniel though I am not quite sure.

Slo-Mo: *Stares*wimper wimper......*looks at water* Wimper wimper.

Sicirus: I am guessing that means you need to relieve yourself right?

Slo-MO: Wimper*nod* Wimper*nod*

Sicirus: *sigh* okay

Sicirus picked up the greyhound (only 76 punds at least) and placed him onto the edge of the boat and allowed him to relieve himself for a very long time.....

Sicirus: Thats it no more liquer before sun set for you mate.

Slo-Mo: *Whines*

The two companions went below deck to find their bunks (and blanket) the the night.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:45 AM   #149
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: sorry about the occ *blushes* but I had a question, do you mean bunks as in just a dormy-type place, or actual bunk-beds? Because that could get confusing. I'll edit if its all wrong.

ic:
*Pansy, delighted at being put in Nurvingiel's room, followed her bunk-mates into their new room. She set her pack under one of the beds and looked around. It wasn't that bad, definately livable, and much better than some of the rumored bunks that she had heard of.*

Pansy: Erm, do you think I could have a bottom bunk? Seeing as how a fall from the top would hit me harder than any of you. It's not because I'm a hobbit and we like low things! Heck, I wouldn't be on this ship if I was a regular hobbit! Wonder what mummy'd say.
Nurv *grins*: Sure thing, Pansy. I don't think anyone minds.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
Old 01-14-2005, 12:52 PM   #150
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I'll post so that it works either way (about the bunk thing).

Nurv: Wait... take advantage? Yeah, take advantage of a dagger in your ribs maybe. Erm... right... okay, now good night.

*Though Nurvingiel had stowed away her sword and bow (unstrung and wrapped in waterproofed cloth), she still had her dagger near her. One never knows...
She started to relax again, staring up at the wooden beams, and thinking about her home, eyes half-closed.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-15-2005, 07:34 AM   #151
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Lazily Eärniel got up the next morning. It was still early but time to get up nevertheless. She shoved all the empy chocolate wrappings and an empty liquor bottle from her desk and into a waste bin in a try to tidy her cabin somewhat. She hadn't really gotten around to it yet after the last battle and it would probably have to wait until the Nal was repaired and the new crew was worked in.

The new crew... Eärniel grinned to herself. Yesterday she had been a little overwhelmed by the number of the new crewmember that had in one night tripled the people about the ship. Today she should be able to cope with it better.

Munching on a chocolate bar, she went on deck where she rang the ship's bell, waking the crew below deck.

Eärniel: *to herself* And let's see how many of the crew survived the first night with each other....
Old 01-15-2005, 04:00 PM   #152
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sicirus stretched out and hoped out of bed as soon as she saw a few golden rays of sun through the port hole near her bed. She woke up the sleeping greyhound who groaned. He then wrose up lazily glaring at Sicirus.

Sicirus: Well thats just too bad isen't it. We need to go up to the top deck for a meetiong and you need to learn the rules to as much as everyone else does. Now come on you lazy mut.

Slo-Mo: *growls*

Sicirus: Fine lazy greyhound not mut. *Rolls eyes then walks out door*

Sicirus and Slo-Mo go to each compartment and knock and bang loudly on the doors making sure nobody was still asleep. She heard loud groans and coursing and knew she had done good.

Old 01-15-2005, 04:28 PM   #153
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*The Count heard a tolling bell, and snapped awake. He'd only caught a few winks (bloody insomnia, he thought to himself) but something about the bell said "up."*

Count: Hey guys, I think we're supposed to go on deck.

Gulio: Why are you so sure?

Count: I'm really not, but I figure if that bell means we're supposed to and we don't, something bad is going to happen. I really don't want to cross that captain if I can help it.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:31 PM   #154
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel was roused out of her pleasant thoughts by a loud banging on the door. She sat up and looked over at Faligorn, who was on the opposite side of the bunk, tightly wrapped in his own blanket.*

Nurv: G'morning Faligorn... erm... sorry about last night.
Faligorn: What?
Nurv: Erm... that came out wrong. I meant my comments.
Faligorn: Oh yeah. Don't worry about it.

*Nurvingiel was still wearing her clothes from yesterday, so all she had to do was strap on her belt and dagger (which had been lying near her head). She didn't bother to get her boots out, as it seemed perfectly reasonable to go barefoot on this well-kept, neat, smooth-decked ship. She walked out on deck, just finishing rebraiding her hair, and ready to face the day.*

OOC: If it's the captain's cabin and not on deck i can edit.
Quote:
Old 01-15-2005, 07:36 PM   #155
ethuiliel
Elf Lord

Ethuiliel sat up, stretching, only to hit her hand on the bunk above her. "Ow!!" she exclaimed and bit back a curse, then practically rolled out of bed, this time hitting her head on the bunk across the aisle. "I hate mornings," she muttered, as she got to her feet, made her bed, and dressed. She then went out onto the deck.

"'I would,' said Faramir. And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky, and he cared not that they stood high upon the walls in the sight of many. And many indeed saw them and the light that shone about them as they came down from the walls and went hand in hand to the Houses of Healing."

Last edited by ethuiliel : 01-16-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:57 PM   #156
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

*Pansy was dreaming about flying llamas who were taking over the world, when someone banged on the door. As usual, Pansy didn't wake up, it would take much more than that.*

Tiny: Pansy, time to go. First day of work!
Pansy: *snore*
Tiny: Pansy, get up now!
Pansy: *snores more*
Tiny:PANSY! UP!
Pansy: eh? Oh, morning already *yawn-stretch* Okay, ready to go!

Pansy hopped off her bed and straightened her jacket and flipped her hair up into a very untidy pony tail. Voila! She supposed her toes could do with a brushing, but she was not one to tend to small details about self appearance. She climbed the steps up to the deck and stoof beside Nurvingiel.

Pansy: 'Ullo!

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
Old 01-15-2005, 09:41 PM   #157
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien sat on the foot of her bed, rubbing her eyes and envying the sleeping Flannery.

Luthien: Bloody undead. *sigh*

She fixed her bandana and slipped on her black boots. She put on her belt and headed for the deck. She felt the key to the brig in her pocket.

Luthien: Aye, I'll wait for the Capatain to decide if she wants to let Bob out.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Old 01-15-2005, 10:54 PM   #158
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sicirus reached the top deck and laughed at the marching zombie like crew mates who had not yet woken up completely. Slo-Mo wagged his tail with alot of effort as he attempted not to fall asleep. Sicirus stood next to Earniel.

Sicirus: Good morning mate!

Earniel: Good Morning. So are they all up?

Sicirus: *peers around* It seems for the most part they made it off the bunks. But I always thought the real test was the part where you have to actaully look at the sky and not turn around and go back to sleep because of the darkness.

Earniel: *looks up at the not yet risen sun and laughs in agreement* True mate. Nothing like the break of dawn to rise up and kiss our new posts.

A few of the crew mates came up from below deck and stared at the sunless sky and nearly calapsed from shock.

Ethuliel: Its not even sun rise yet why are we up so early?

Earniel: So we can teach you the ropes before we really do serious sailing mate. So come on now get your buts up here we don't have all sun rise you know.

Crew: Groan****
Old 01-16-2005, 03:34 AM   #159
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurv (quietly, smiling): Good morning to you Pansy.

*The crew gathered on the deck, muttering sleepy good mornings to each other. The group quieted down, waiting for Captain Xenoia or one of the mates to speak.
Nurvingiel was stirred from the last of her sleepy thoughts by the cool, pre-dawn air on her face. She smelt the Sea and felt the call of adventure.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 01-17-2005 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:50 AM   #160
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

faligorn was the last to rise, crawlign out of his bed, he noticed everyone else just leaving hey, g'morning guys! he said hurrying to catch them up, as they walked on deck what are our jobs do we think? he went pn
Closed Thread