Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-24-2005, 07:32 PM   #141
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Ray and Marty watched surprised how Penny suddenly got up, muttering darkly, and banged the door behind him. Lilly and Viv looked at each other anxiously, gave a hasty apology to their guests and followed.

Ray and Marty were left alone with Lord Galadannun who started to tell a long and incredibly dull tale about some obscure tribes in the East. He droned on and on. The young men haven't slept the last night and the exhaustion was showing. Their heads were heavy, their eyes felt as if there was a lot of sand in them. Strange buzzing filled their ears and the world dissolved before their eyes into a misty swirl.

With a cruel smile on his handsome face, Khamul the Black Easterling delved deep into their thoughts and memories searching, always searching for some hints to the Lost Treasure.
Old 09-24-2005, 07:52 PM   #142
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum Viv Falls Asleep with Her Dress On

"Oh, HONey, what's wrong, eh? What's wrong, baby?" Lilly was tugging at Penny's jacket, sensuously petting his chest, secretly thrilled that he'd gotten so jealous.

Viv rolled her eyes.

"I can see this is best left between the two of you - now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta check on our dinner guests before something happens down there."
They hadn't heard a word Viv had just said, so she shrugged and turned to go back down to the dining room. As she descended the steps, the closer she got to the dining room the more acutely she sensed Galadannun's mind-search powers going to work on the Kingsmen.

"Well!" Viv announced noisily, as she re-appeared. Marty and Ray snapped out of their reverie, like two shocked monkeys. "Shall we go for an after dinner stroll, men? The moon tonight is just lovely."

Ray looked rather keen on the idea, but Marty had more sense.

"I'm afraid, my Lady, we must take your leave at this point, even though it is a very appealing idea to promenade around with such a gracious beauty as yourself!" Viniglaen suppressed her knee-jerk eye-rolling response.
"After all, it is getting so late, and our King will be wishing us back. We've got a big day tomorrow - well, he does, anyway!"

Rian had come back to the dining room, clearing the empty plates and such. "Would you like me to get your cloaks," she asked the guests.

Marty liked the major domo. He'd not taken much notice to her at first, but upon second glance, he realised what sublimity the young elf had, and secretly wondered what her story was.

And that wrapped up the evening. Viv went upstairs to her boudoir, and tried to shut her ears off from the amorous noises emanating from her "cousins" room a few doors down. She buried her nose in a book about the history of ring-making, and fell asleep, with her black evening dress still on.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-02-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:07 AM   #143
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Meanwhile, Penny and Lilly were alternately smooching and chatting.

"Mmmh, Lilly honey, what do u say about a nice stroll in the moonlight and after that some more wine and cheese."
Penny asked.

"Sounds lovely, Penny dear, let's go." said Lilly and off to the garden they went.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:44 AM   #144
CrazySquirrel

Rian looked out of the window into the moonlit garden. It felt so peaceful and beautiful. Her mind drifted back to the days long forgotten by mortals.

Suddenly she noticed a pair in the garden. A man and a woman were kissing passionately. Rian was sure she recognised Lilly. No one else she had ever met wore such revealing dresses. But the man? Rian could not see his face, but she thought she knew him. Master Pengolod? But it cannot be!

Shocked, Rian sat at the edge of her bed to think.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:25 AM   #145
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

After having given R*an the address where she was staying, Eärniel sneaked out of Orrodel, right before the guests started leaving. It was dark now and she hurried back to her lodgings. There, however, waited one last surprise.

"Nardol?" Eärniel asked surprised, recognizing the Reed-Elf standing in front of her door. "What in Uinen's name are you standing here for?"

"Looking for you. We...erm... we've ran into a little problem in Nîn-In-Eilph, Lady Eärniel."

Eärniel sighed. "I have barely left two days, surely you can do without me so long?"

Nardol didn't reply, he just looked apologetic. She sighed again.

"Very well," Eärniel said, "come inside. I can pack while you explain me why it is so important I go back home."

Eärniel unlocked the door and an anxious Nardol followed her in. Fifteen minutes later the lights went out in the house and two Elves could be seen leaving. They took the road to the swamps of Nîn-In-Eilph.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:13 AM   #146
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

R*an sat on the edge of her bed deep in thought, but not the type of thoughts she thought she would be thoughting - er, thinking. She had taken this job in order to keep her body busy enough to keep her mind just the right amount of free - free enough to enjoy the many pleasant memories in her long life, but occupied enough to keep out the memories she didn't want to remember. And now all these odd things happening here! Really, that butterfly must have been some type of sign! If it was just one odd thing, she wouldn't mind - humans are odd sometimes! (She tended to think of herself as an elf.) But all these little things just kept happening. Little enough by themselves - but taken together, surely ...?

She shook her head and walked back to the edge of the window, cautiously looking out at the figures in the garden again. The clouds parted, and the moon shone down brightly on the two figures below. Looks like the dress adhesive is wearing off! she thought wryly, and then turned away from the window again.

Seeing the couple below reminded her of the man at the table who seemed to have his (literally) eye on her with more than just a casual interest. Hmmph! she thought with a pout and a toss of her hair, He sure wouldn't have a chance with me! She remembered the eyes of another, and the night he had given her a gift, under the stars above Gondolin ...

She paced back and forth restlessly, then drew forth a small pouch from her "woman's pocket" and poured out the contents on the bed. She selected a delicate, intricately-made ring and slipped it on her finger, then closed her eyes and ran it softly against her cheek. She stood still for some time, and the moon came out from behind the clouds again and shone on her hair.

She came back to Orrodel with a sigh, replaced the contents of the pouch (minus the ring), then put the pouch back into its hiding place. Turning swiftly towards the door, she quietly left the room. She needed to get out of this castle and into the clean night air, under the stars of Elbereth. Maybe then she could think more clearly.

She stepped outside and walked the opposite direction from where she last saw the couple from her window.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 09-26-2005 at 02:17 AM.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:51 AM   #147
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

(edited out - no longer applicable to rpg )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 10-07-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:27 AM   #148
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Meanwhile, in the Arch-Chancellor's palace.

Aiwendis, the Arch-Chancellor*s daughter, walked through the moonlit garden. Tall trees, growing outside the confines of the cloister, screened the light, casting it into drifting patterns on the winding path. The sweet smell of jasmine hung in the still night air. Aiwendis was tall and beautiful; her lithe figure moved noiselessly between the flowerbeds. A wave of dark hair covered her shoulders and reached down to her slim waist.

She loved her garden. After a thousand years in the Dark Fortress, where the very air reeked of ash and fumes, of orc stench and human misery, the moonlit cloister felt almost like home. The home that was no more. The accursed Powers spared nothing and nobody, as Elenna went down into the sea, with all its children and its wives and its maidens and its ladies proud; and all its gardens and its halls and its towers, its tombs and its riches: they vanished for ever. Soon they will be the last ones to remember the Land of Gift, given and taken back on a whim of the Powers. The last Nine Men to remember and to grieve.

Aiwendis stopped in a patch of moonlight near the fountain. Looking at the crescent of the Moon, she moved gracefully in a slow dance. Warm moonlight caressed her skin and flowed through her being, filling her with power.

Singing softly, almost inaudibly, Aiwendis approached the fountain, where a silver goblet stood on the mossy rim. Red wine in it seemed black in moonlight, the wine mixed with spices and some magic herbs of the far South, unknown to mortals. With a small sharp dagger, she cut the palm of her left hand, letting nine drops of blood fall into the goblet. The wine suddenly shone with a faint greenish glow. Dancing around the fountain and singing in a long-forgotten tongue, Aiwendis weaved the Spell of Love.

In the large palace, built around several cloisters, nothing stirred, not a single window showed light. Everyone was asleep. Aiwendis knew, however, that it was not so, as, like herself, her Lord needed little sleep, if any. Now was the time when they could meet undisturbed by prying servants. The spell was completed. Aiwendis lifted the goblet from the rim of the fountain and carried it inside.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:32 AM   #149
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Holding the goblet tightly in her hand, Aiwendis ascended the winding stair to the second floor. The stair was concealed in the thick wall and never used by servants. Paying attention to make no noise, she unlocked and opened a heavy door, concealed by a bookshelf from the other side, and entered a moonlit corridor leading to the Chancellor’s private chambers.

Creeping at night like a thief around her own house was frustrating to no end. Aiwendis bit her lip, remembering her elegant house in Osgiliath, where she could move freely day and night, as no one would question the Lady of the House if she wished to see her husband in private.

Not so with a daughter. One mistake, and tongues will start wagging. Aiwendis sighed. Over the years, she has grown used to personify the Chancellor’s beautiful and virtuous young wife, Lady Isilien, loved and admired by all. But now her Lord decided she would be more useful to him as a young maiden, a highly desirable match for any royal. So, there was that fire…She remembered weeping at her own funeral, now playing a role of a daughter of the charred woman that lay in a closed coffin in the lush tombs of Osgiliath. Aiwendis loathed doing this. But her wishes and feelings were of no importance, it were the desires of her Lord that mattered.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:58 AM   #150
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Aiwendis pushed the heavy door of the Chancellor’s bedroom and closed it tightly behind her. Her Lord sat in a low chair near the fireplace, looking at the dancing blue tongues of fire, magic fire that only licked the logs, giving no warmth and only little light. Aiwendis stood entranced, watching light and shadow play on his handsome, chiselled features. He seemed lost in thoughts, but Aiwendis knew that he was intensely aware of her approach, ever since she stepped into the corridor.

He offered her no greeting, but asked coldly in the silent speech of mind to mind he used when alone with her, “Is the potion ready?”

“Yes, My Lord”, came the silent reply.

“I am concerned about the Moon. You should have weaved the spell while the Moon was full. Now it is waning. It is good for death spells, but surely not for love potions. Let me see it.”

Aiwendis approached and offered him the goblet. With a slight nod, the Morgul Lord took it, sniffed the wine and sipped a small mouthful.

“I wish it could work on you!” thought Aiwendis wistfully.

Her mind open and in tune with his own, the Morgul Lord intercepted her thought at once. Aiwendis felt his amusement. “You must have made me drink what amounts to a bucketful of this potion over the years. The taste is so familiar.” He laughed softly, placing the goblet on a low marble table.

“Nothing works on you”, said Aiwendis bitterly.

“I love you well enough as it is”, replied the Chancellor in a cold voice, surveying her with chilly, bright eyes. “But now we need this Kinglet, son of the Finger-Slicer, to fall in love with you. We need him to loose his head completely.”

Moving silently and gracefully, Aiwendis approached her Lord and sat down on the thick carpet at his feet, leaning her head on his knee. He stroked her thick dark locks distractedly, like one pets a cat. They watched the flames in silence.

“What will you do if he asks my hand in marriage?” asked Aiwendis after some time.

“I will grant him his request, perhaps”, replied Lord Morgul slowly. “But the bride-price will be high, very high… yes, almost as high as Thingol set for Luthien.” Aiwendis heard his soft laugher in her head again.

“And what about me?” she asked in a trembling voice.

“It will not take long, Aiwendis,” replied the Morgul Lord. “Even if you will have to stay with him till the end of his pathetic mortal life, it is but a moment of your existence.”

“But he will feel that I don’t love him!” cried Aiwendis.

“You must learn to love him”, said the Morgul Lord sternly. “We of the Royal Line are perceptive. You can’t fool him entirely. Discipline your mind. You have almost married my great-grandson once, you have been my mistress for many years: surely you find men of the Line of Elros attractive. He is not that different, Aiwendis.”

“But I can’t”. Tears rolled down her cheeks now. “Why not let Lilly have him? She is more attractive than me. She will get the Ring and give it to you!”

The hand in her hair tightened painfully. “Don’t be a fool” hissed the Morgul Lord. “Lilaenwen is unreliable. Besides, he will never marry her. Not a single King of our Line was ever ruled by a mistress, not even one of the accursed traitors of Andunie!”

Getting up in a fluid movement, he pulled her to her feet. “You will do as I say, Aiwendis, for I am your Lord. Don’t forget it.”

She lifted her head to look into his bottomless silver eyes. “I will do as you say, My Lord.”
She turned to leave, and added almost inaudibly, “Because I love you”.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:04 AM   #151
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

After having a long romantic walk in the garden, stopping for intermediate smooching now and then, Penny and Lilly went back inside for some invigorating wine and cheese.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:18 PM   #152
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum Viniglaen's Dream

It was the middle of the night, perhaps even very early morning, when Viniglaen awoke out of an inspirational dream. Her big book dropped to the floor with a muffled thump, and she rubbed her sleepy face and clumsily pulled herself up to a sitting position. "I forgot to wash my face, and get out of this dress," she thought fuzzily to herself, and then she remembered what her dream had been.

Snapping into focus, Viv tumbled off her bed and went to her wardrobe closet, and as she awkwardly tugged off her somewhat crumpled black velvet evening gown, she thumbed deftly through the hangers for a more practical outfit to change into. "This'll do," she mumbled to herself, slipping a hunting day-frock off its hanger and pulling it over her bed-tousled head. Perfectly tailored to fit her athletic figure, and coloured a gently innocuous woodsy green, the long cashmere hunting-dress felt soft and made no sound as she easily moved within it, wriggling her frame to get the dress to fall all the way down. She snatched her black riding-cloak off her bedpost on the way out her door, and carefully and quietly pulled the bedroom door shut.

"I've got to tell him what was in my dream," she thought to herself as she soundlessly glided down the long, pre-dawn gloom of the upper passageway of Orrodel, straight towards Khamul's bedroom.

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-02-2005 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:37 PM   #153
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum Viv Visits Khamul

Viv tapped softly on Khamul's chamber door, and put her hands behind her back respectfully, awaiting a response. Not two seconds later, the huge mahogany door swung open inward, and there stood Khamul, with a look on his face teetering between harmless annoyance and distracted thought.

"My Lord," Viv said, as she gave a polite compulsory look toward her black kidskin-suede clad feet. After all, Khamul WAS her superior, and as such she'd always had the utmost respect for him. It can even be said that at times, her respect has shown a twinge of girl-like infatuated fancy. She'd heavily deny this if confronted, though, as would any lady caught in the throes of young admiration.

"Urm," mumbled Khamul with a great deal of uncharacteristic clumsiness. He held the door open wider, to let her in. Like an obliging ghost, she swiftly entered, and he steadily clicked his door shut, and gave her and her mind a brief searching glance.

"I had this dream," began Viniglaen, not knowing how else to start.

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-02-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #154
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

"Oh Viv. You really do pick your moments," Khamûl said before she could carry on. "Do you not think that me and you becoming an item would be a little strange. Remember I am your Professer and brother. If anybody found out it blow both of our covers sky high, not to mention those of Penny and Lily."
"But..." begain Viv.
"Yes I know that Lily and Penny have been off on little romantic walks, but that doesn't mean that we can. It's there problem if they're cover get's blown, I'll think something convincing up to cover us, but I very much doubt that Lily or Penny will, be able to convince King Val of their innocence. Neither of them posses the power to protect their own minds, like Lord Ciryatan has taught me," replied Khamûl, pushing the door open as Viv walked slowly out.
"Oh, and Viv," said Khamûl. Viv turned around with an eager look on her face.
"Yes M'lord," she replied.
"Next time you try and chat someone up, don't use such an obvious line."
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 09-27-2005, 03:31 PM   #155
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum Viniglaen Goes For a Sad Walk

Viv turned around and headed for the stairs, and as she descended, she shook her head with bemused confusion. It was a total shock to her that Khamul had not only assumed she was "feeding him a line" without having even bothered to read the contents of her mind at all, but that he'd pass on such a brilliant opportunity to work with someone like her in finding the One Ring. Her dream had been almost prophetic, and she sensed deeply that it foretold a future event, and she'd wanted to collaborate with her Lord and friend on discovering its meaning. It was just too bad, she thought, that even as Nazgul, men's pride and arrogance would cut them off from opportunities such as the one she'd just made avaliable.

Viniglaen held her cloak close to her neck as she walked. Having left the House of Orrodel, she was now out soundlessly speed-walking the streets of Tharbad, building in her mind her next plan. "This time," she vowed to herself, "I will trust no one, and I will collaborate with no one." The pre-dawn air was pregnant with grey dew, and as she walked, the dew settled on her face. It resembled a countenance of tears, for indeed, the look on her haunting face was heartbreaking.

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-02-2005 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:54 PM   #156
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Having had their fill of wine and cheese, Lilly and Penny retired to his chamber where they vigorously and passionately made love all through the night.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:26 PM   #157
CrazySquirrel

Annawen walked through the empty streets of Tharbad. Dawn has hardly colored the sky, when she arrived at a big mansion, the address she remembered so well. She longed to see Rian, to talk to her...

Annawen still felt bad after the receprion at the University. She could not sleep at night, the cold eyes of the Chancellor haunting her. What a fool she had been, thinking that such as herself was worth anyting at all! What silly dreams she used to indulge in! Sindariel, indeed!
Annawen gulped her tears down and approached the house. Coming so early was another folly. How on Arda can she find Rian here...?

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-28-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:17 PM   #158
Rían

As Annawen approached the house, she was surprised to see a young man waiting quietly on a bench near the door. She knew him by sight very well, because she had often deliberately walked out of her way down the street by the blacksmith's shop in hopes of catching his eye. They had never exchanged words, but they had exchanged a few smiles (and a sprinkling of blacksmith's dust made his white teeth and blue eyes shine even brighter), and she treasured the memory. Her friend at the milliners' two shops down had told her his name - Arastûd - and she had often said it softly to herself while doing the cooking and cleaning, to cheer up the long days of work.

The young man rose quickly to his feet. "Good morning, miss!" he said with a shy smile. He was at home at the blacksmith's shop, but felt a little out of place here, and it showed. "Don't mind me; I'm just waiting for some signs of life in the house. I've come to apply for the stable manager job here."

"Oh, isn't that a coincidence!" said Annawen shyly. Brilliant comment, silly! she said to herself. She swallowed hard and continued, "I've thought about applying here, too, to help out my friend R*an!" Well, I've thought about it! she said to herself. "It is a bit early, though, and I don't want to disturb the household ...." she trailed off uncertainly.

"Well," just DO it, you idiot! he said roughly to himself - "um, it IS a bit early, and it would be a bad thing to get off on the wrong foot with a potential employer ... would you like to just stroll down to that little knoll and back with me? I mean, if you wouldn't mind my company or anything! Or if you want, you can just sit here and wait for your friend, and I'll just stand over there a ways off so as to not disturb you."

Annawen blushed and smiled. "No, that's ok, I would like to take a quick walk - it's such a nice morning! And that way, we wouldn't disturb them too early - that's a good idea!"

She was glad to see that Arastûd looked happy at the prospect, and they set off towards the knoll.

"By the way, my name is Arastûd. I've seen you around town before, but I don't know your name ..." he trailed off, leaving it a question. Well, that's a lie, I guess, but I don't want her to know I asked after her just yet! he thought.

"I'm Sinda .. um, Annawen," she said.

Maybe fairy tales do come true, she thought...

Last edited by Rían : 09-30-2005 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:19 PM   #159
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

"forgive me" said the gull "but i must fly!"

Boomerang watched as the Gull flew off.

Beautiful's antennia twitched in amusement as the Gull flying east did what gulls often do ...all over an ornate carriage, parked in the distance.

As the fading moon this time of the month glowed suddenly bright as clouds passed away overhead ... Beautiful Boomerang heard a nightly "too-all too-whoo, towhit" on the wind ...

"Twittity whoo, towhit?" came a faint reply.

Beautiful's antennia twitched in amusement yet again ... so, old Wise-whit was holding a parliament of owls this night and the full council was meeting ... eh?

Boomerang was very fond of the old Owl leader: his mind nowadays was not so much wise as wandering... but he was a well loved Owl all the same. Word above the street had it his daughter 'Large eyes' would become the new leader ... somewhat controversial with some of the dowdier and excessively bushy-eyebrowed council members ...

Beautiful Boomerang just had to go see this! ... these full council meetings were always held at dawn for some odd owlish reason and could go on all day if anyone could keep an eye open ....

"Twittity whoo, towhit?" rang out on the air again.

Indeed.

Who would it be? chosen to succeed old Wise-whit?

leaping into the air Beautiful Boomerang raced towards the crumbling Bell tower ...
Old 09-29-2005, 01:00 PM   #160
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

part 2

Inside the crumbling Bell tower, the Council of owls were arriving in feathery flurries.
“Twhoo-eee!” went up the traditional and formal welcome for each Council member as they arrived.

By the time wise-whit arrived, last as he was first, all the full council had assembled.

An incredible Owl crescendo of

Twhoo-eee!”

rent the night air as old Wise-whit slowly glided in and landed on the old Bell, in his place of Honour.

Beautiful Boomerang had fluttered in breathless just behind him … that incredible owl hoot had made his hairs stand up on end…

In the semi-dark tower, the atmosphere was breathless and tense… an air of expectancy hummed throughout …broken by the massed rustles and movements of the Owls …

Large tawny eyes blinked everywhere all around the circular tower from the ground right to the top just below the Bell. Looking down as Boomerang now did the bell tower resembled a live living and blinking peacock’s tail: large hypnotic eyes and feathers merged into a tubular vista the like of which he had not seen before.

“By Moon and Mouse!”
piped up 'Tawny head' the Official Owl parliament ‘speaker’

“ Well met by moon and star this Night!”

“Too-whoooo! well met” echoed back …

The Council had begun … all eyes were looking towards ‘Large Eyes’…. Wise-Whit’s daughter and eldest child …

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-29-2005 at 01:16 PM.